Astrology can reveal a lot of deep information about the inner workings of yourself and others. But did you know that it could also reveal your sexual style? Whether you like spontaneous sex, kinky sex, rough sex, or soulful sex, your unique astrology placements can reveal the specifics of your sex M.O. It also can reveal what you find sexually attractive in your partner and in their approach to sex. Do you like to be pursued or do you like to be the aggressor? Do you like a subtle, polite approach to sex, or do you want him to "beat it up"?
Knowing your specific astrological "sex" placements and those of your partner can save you a lot of time and heartache by predicting your sexual compatibility - or incompatibility - with a love interest. There are specific placements to look for when trying to determine someone's sexual style.
- Mars Sign: A person's Mars sign reveals, among other things, how they express their sexual urges and how they go about achieving their deepest passions and yearnings. It reveals what they want and how they go about getting it!
- House placement of Mars: Where a person's Mars sign is placed can hint at *where* and under what circumstances they may subconsciously like to express their sexual energy.
- Asteroid Placements: Knowing the placements of specific asteroids like the "Lust", "Lillith," "Eros" and Juno Asteroids (among others) can reveal your sexual triggers and what really gets you off about the sexual act.
The simplest and most straightforward way to determine your sex style is by looking at your Mars sign. Your Mars sign reveals much, much more about your sex style than your Sun sign. For example, your Sun sign can make you appear more outwardly prude or reserved than you actually are behind closed doors - and vice versa! Here's what your Mars sign reveals about your sex style:
Mars In Aries
You are direct, spontaneous and instinctual. You enjoy active, unrestricted and fiery sex. You are not into playing mind games. If you are interested in someone, you don't mind and won't hesitate to go after what you want.
Most Compatible With: Sagittarius, Leo and Libra Mars
Mars In Taurus
You have a deep, earthy, tactile sensuality. You express your desire through tons of physical affection. You like to take the time to figure out exactly what stimulates your partner and you fulfill their biggest fantasies and sexual turn-ons slowly and steadily. Sex with you is ground-shattering and nourishing to the soul.
Most Compatible With: Capricorn, Virgo and Scorpio Mars
Mars In Gemini
You express your desire and sexual energy through words. You are all about dirty talk. Mental stimulation is key for you. You love variety and to switch things up in the bedroom.
Most Compatible With: Libra, Aquarius, and Sagittarius Mars
Mars In Cancer
You crave soulful and intuitive sex. Sex and emotions are a package deal for you. You are not necessarily the no-strings attached type - you love to nurture and care for your partner inside and outside of the bedroom. Sexually, you like to play into masculine and feminine stereotypes.
Most Compatible With: Scorpio, Pisces and Capricorn Mars
Mars In Leo
You pride yourself on being the most memorable sex your partner has ever had. You will pull out all the stops necessary to create a mind-blowing experience. You have no tolerance for being disrespected, sexually or otherwise.
Most Compatible With: Aries, Aquarius, and Sagittarius Mars
Mars In Virgo
You aim to please! You often put your partner's needs ahead of your own. You are extremely turned on by their orgasm and all it takes to get them there. If your partner is not fully enjoying sex, it's impossible for you to enjoy it either. Good hygiene is incredibly important to you.
Most Compatible With: Capricorn, Taurus and Pisces Mars
Mars In Libra
You go above and beyond in setting the mood for your partner, creating an ambient and visually appealing experience. Sexually, you are happy to follow your partner's lead. You are adventurous, playful and up for everything.
Most Compatible With: Aries, Aquarius and Gemini Mars
Mars In Scorpio
It is quite easy for your partner to become addicted to sex with you and vice versa. Sex for you isn't only a physical act, it's an extremely deep mental, emotional and spiritual energy exchange. Whether you realize it or not, you use sex to penetrate your partner's mind, heart and soul. You love pushing boundaries sexually and are drawn to taboos and BDSM dynamics. You enjoy kinky, soulful sex.
Most Compatible With: Pisces, Cancer and Taurus Mars
Mars In Sagittarius
You enjoy adventurous sex and sex games. You are direct and aren't afraid to beat around the bush when it comes to what you want sexually. You love to challenge yourself and your partner during sex.
Most Compatible With: Aries, Leo and Gemini Mars
Mars In Capricorn
You strive to be the best in everything and sex is no different. You will put in the work to figure out the most enjoyable sexual experience for your partner. You have the patience and steady determination to blow your partner's mind. Your partners are often surprised by how sexually intense you are. You're the epitome of "a lady in the street but a freak in the sheets".
Most Compatible With: Taurus, Virgo and Cancer Mars
Mars In Aquarius
You don't enjoy boring, uninnovative sex. You hate overly cliche or romantic gestures. You are attracted to intelligent, unconventional, bold and somewhat rebellious sexual partners. You enjoy taboo sex. You are the sapiosexual of the zodiac.
Most Compatible With: Libra, Gemini, and Leo Mars
Mars In Pisces
You are attracted to the underdog. You can easily become addicted to devil d*ck! If you are not careful, you may find yourself drawn to fuckboys and hobosexuals because of the deep empathy you have in them. You are completely selfless and self-sacrificing sexually - you intuitively know what turns your partner on and will go the extra mile to make sure they get there. They are amazed by how much you are willing to give and push your boundaries sexually.
Most Compatible With: Virgo, Cancer, and Scorpio Mars
So, what's your Mars sign?
Are you a member of our insiders squad? Join us in the xoTribe Members Community today!
Featured image by Shutterstock
- Scorpio Zodiac Sign Meaning, Dates Personality Compatibility - xoNecole: Women's Interest, Love, Wellness, Beauty ›
- Signs You Have Emotional Connection During Sex - xoNecole: Women's Interest, Love, Wellness, Beauty ›
- Sex Might Take Your Manifestation Practice To New Heights - xoNecole: Women's Interest, Love, Wellness, Beauty ›
- Rising Sign Meanings & How To Find Your Rising Sign - xoNecole: Women's Interest, Love, Wellness, Beauty ›
- Gemini Woman And Leo Man Love Compatibility - xoNecole: Lifestyle, Culture, Love, & Wellness ›
- Pisces Woman Libra Man Love Compatibility - xoNecole: Lifestyle, Culture, Love, & Wellness ›
- Virgo Woman Scorpio Man Love Attraction Sex & More - xoNecole: Lifestyle, Culture, Love, Wellness ›
- What Does Your Mars Sign Mean In Astrology? It's About Your Sex Life ›
- Erotic Astrology: Mars Signs — The Hoodwitch ›
- Sexual Astrology: How Venus In Your Birth Chart Affects Your Sex ... ›
- What Your Mars Sign Says About Your Sex Life & Desires ›
- Sexual Astrology: Love with Each Sign of the Zodiac ›
- What Your Mars Sign Says About Your Sex Drive, Desire ... ›
- Your Mars Sign Meaning Reveals A Lot About Your Sexual Needs ... ›
This article is in partnership with Sensodyne.
Our teeth are connected to so many things - our nutrition, our confidence, and our overall mood. We often take for granted how important healthy teeth are, until issues like tooth sensitivity or gum recession come to remind us. Like most things related to our bodies, prevention is the best medicine. Here are five things you can do immediately to improve your oral hygiene, prevent tooth sensitivity, and avoid dental issues down the road.
1) Go Easy On the Rough Brushing: Brushing your teeth is and always will be priority number one in the oral hygiene department. No surprises there! However, there is such a thing as applying too much pressure when brushing…and that can lead to problems over time. Use a toothbrush with soft bristles and brush in smooth, circular motions. It may seem counterintuitive, but a gentle approach to brushing is the most effective way to clean those pearly whites without wearing away enamel and exposing sensitive areas of the teeth.
2) Use A Desensitizing Toothpaste: As everyone knows, mouth pain can be highly uncomfortable; but tooth sensitivity is a whole different beast. Hot weather favorites like ice cream and popsicles have the ability to trigger tooth sensitivity, which might make you want to stay away from icy foods altogether. But as always, prevention is the best medicine here. Switching to a toothpaste like Sensodyne’s Sensitivity & Gum toothpaste specifically designed for sensitive teeth will help build a protective layer over sensitive areas of the tooth. Over time, those sharp sensations that occur with extremely cold foods will subside, and you’ll be back to treating yourself to your icy faves like this one!
3) Floss, Rinse, Brush. (And In That Order!): Have you ever heard the saying, “It’s not what you do, but how you do it”? Well, the same thing applies to taking care of your teeth. Even if you are flossing and brushing religiously, you could be missing out on some of the benefits simply because you aren’t doing so in the right order. Flossing is best to do before brushing because it removes food particles and plaque from places your toothbrush can’t reach. After a proper flossing sesh, it is important to rinse out your mouth with water after. Finally, you can whip out your toothbrush and get to brushing. Though many of us commonly rinse with water after brushing to remove excess toothpaste, it may not be the best thing for our teeth. That’s because fluoride, the active ingredient in toothpaste that protects your enamel, works best when it gets to sit on the teeth and continue working its magic. Rinsing with water after brushing doesn’t let the toothpaste go to work like it really can. Changing up your order may take some getting used to, but over time, you’ll see the difference.
4) Stay Hydrated: Upping your water supply is a no-fail way to level up your health overall, and your teeth are no exception to this rule. Drinking water not only helps maintain a healthy pH balance in your mouth, but it also washes away residue and acids that can cause enamel erosion. It also helps you steer clear of dry mouth, which is a gateway to bad breath. And who needs that?
5) Show Your Gums Some Love: When it comes to improving your smile, you may be laser-focused on getting your teeth whiter, straighter, and overall healthier. Rightfully so, as these are all attributes of a megawatt smile; but you certainly don’t want to leave gum health out of the equation. If you neglect your gums, you’ll start to notice the effects of plaque buildup, which can irritate the gums and cause gingivitis, the earliest stage of gum disease. Seeing blood while brushing and flossing is a tell-tale sign that your gums are suffering. You may also experience gum recession — a condition where the gum tissue surrounding your teeth pulls back, exposing more of your tooth. Brushing at least twice a day with a gum-protecting toothpaste like Sensodyne Sensitivity and Gum, coupled with regular dentist visits, will keep your gums shining as bright as those pearly whites.
2023 has become the year of celebrity breakups with headlines breaking left and right about celebs filing for divorce or ending high-profile relationships. The latest couple to announce their dissolution? British actress Jodie Turner-Smith. TMZ reported that Jodie has filed for a divorce from her husband, Dawson Creek alum Joshua Jackson.
As far as her reason for calling it quits, Jodie cited "irreconcilable differences," according to TMZ, and has requested joint custody of the couple's daughter, Juno Rose Diana Jackson. Late last year there were rumblings of there being "trouble in paradise" for the couple after the media realized they were no longer following each other on Instagram.
Those rumors were more than laid to rest when Jodie and Joshua went to the 2023 Oscars together earlier this year, and even more recently, when they celebrated her birthday together last month during the September unveiling of the Lotus Emeya.
Jodie Turner-Smith celebrates her birthday with husband Joshua Jackson at the unveiling of the new fully-electric Lotus Emeya on September 07, 2023 in New York City.
Brian Ach/Getty Images for Lotus
Despite seeming particularly happy and in love, perhaps the writing was already written on the wall even then. In the past, Jodie has been very celebratory publicly about her love for her estranged husband, even boldly recounting their love story for the books in a 2021 interview with Seth Meyers.
When Jodie and Joshua met, it was while at his birthday party in 2018. Their relationship was hot and heavy from the start, with Jodie openly noting that they began as a "one-night stand." During her 2021 interview with Seth Meyers, she jokingly referred to their love story as a "three-year one-night stand." She shared:
"First of all, I saw him before he saw me and when I saw him, I was like, 'I want that.' And then when he saw me, I just pretended like I didn't see him. He had to yell across the room to me, and I was wearing this T-shirt from a movie called Sorry to Bother You and [actress] Tessa Thompson plays a character called Detroit, and she has this T-shirt that says, 'The Future Is Female Ejaculation.'
"And so, he shouts across the room, 'Detroit!' He comes over and… does this really cute, charming thing that he does and just all night -- he just basically followed me around the party."
The couple were together from that moment forth, and even made things "Instagram official" less than two weeks later while on a dinner date. Joshua would later clarify to Insider that the night they met in 2018 was not a 'one-night stand' or a 'three-year one-night stand' like his then-wife joked but instead, it was "technically a three-night stand."
"It was sealed with a kiss that night and then we didn't leave each other's sides for, well, three years now," Joshua continued at the time.
In a July 2021 interview with Jimmy Fallon, Joshua dropped more details about the why behind getting married. He revealed that he didn't know he wanted to get married to Jodie until "the moment she asked me."
"She asked me on New Year's Eve. We were in Nicaragua. It was very beautiful, incredibly romantic, we were walking down the beach and she asked me to marry her."
He added, "I did not know [she would propose], but she was quite adamant and she was right. This is the best choice I ever made."
Joshua Jackson Reveals Jodie Turner-Smith Proposed To Him
Jodie received quite a bit of flack for proposing to Joshua because it goes against tradition and what society sees as acceptable for a woman to do to a man, and proposing isn't one of them. No matter how much time has passed, the viewpoints around who should do the proposing and who should be proposed to are still very traditional.
After being on the receiving end of such backlash, Joshua would later clarify to the media in a separate interview that it wasn't just Jodie's proposal to him that sealed the deal of them getting married, he proposed to her too. She might have initiated it, but Joshua followed through.
"I accidentally threw my wife under the bus because that story was told quickly and it didn't give the full context and holy Jesus, the internet is racist and misogynist," he explained to Refinery29 that same year. "We were in Nicaragua on a beautiful moonlit night, it could not possibly have been more romantic."
David M. Benett/Dave Benett/Getty Images
He continued, "And yes, my wife did propose to me and yes, I did say yes, but what I didn't say in that interview was there was a caveat, which is that I'm still old school enough that I said, 'This is a yes, but you have to give me the opportunity [to do it too].'"
"She has a biological father and a stepdad, who's the man who raised her. [I said], 'You have to give me the opportunity to ask both of those men for your hand in marriage.' And then, 'I would like the opportunity to re-propose to you and do it the old-fashioned way down on bended knee.' So, that's actually how the story ended up."
Joshua and Jodie would eventually marry in December 2019. Shortly thereafter, Jodie gave birth to the couple's first child, Janie, in 2020.
In a recent interview with Elle UK, Jodie shared the ways becoming a mother to Juno helped to heal her of her wounds from colorism she experienced in the past. "It's interesting because I had a lot of resistance to becoming a mother and, throughout my life, I always said if I were to have children, I wanted to have Black, Black babies so that I could affirm them as children with the love that I felt I needed to have been affirmed with by the outside world," Jodie shared with the outlet.
She continued, "Then I fell in love with my husband and we talked about having kids. I did have this mini pause, where I was like, 'She's going to be walking through the world not only having an experience that I did not have, but looking like people that, in a way, I'd always felt a little bit tormented by.' Now that I've got this little, tiny, light-skinned boss, I feel like it’s the universe teaching me lessons. I've been given a daughter who looks this way to heal my own conversations around colorism."
Let’s make things inbox official! Sign up for the xoNecole newsletter for daily love, wellness, career, and exclusive content delivered straight to your inbox.
Featured image by Amy Sussman/Getty Images