Astrology can reveal a lot of deep information about the inner workings of yourself and others. But did you know that it could also reveal your sexual style? Whether you like spontaneous sex, kinky sex, rough sex, or soulful sex, your unique astrology placements can reveal the specifics of your sex M.O. It also can reveal what you find sexually attractive in your partner and in their approach to sex. Do you like to be pursued or do you like to be the aggressor? Do you like a subtle, polite approach to sex, or do you want him to "beat it up"?
Knowing your specific astrological "sex" placements and those of your partner can save you a lot of time and heartache by predicting your sexual compatibility - or incompatibility - with a love interest. There are specific placements to look for when trying to determine someone's sexual style.
- Mars Sign: A person's Mars sign reveals, among other things, how they express their sexual urges and how they go about achieving their deepest passions and yearnings. It reveals what they want and how they go about getting it!
- House placement of Mars: Where a person's Mars sign is placed can hint at *where* and under what circumstances they may subconsciously like to express their sexual energy.
- Asteroid Placements: Knowing the placements of specific asteroids like the "Lust", "Lillith," "Eros" and Juno Asteroids (among others) can reveal your sexual triggers and what really gets you off about the sexual act.
The simplest and most straightforward way to determine your sex style is by looking at your Mars sign. Your Mars sign reveals much, much more about your sex style than your Sun sign. For example, your Sun sign can make you appear more outwardly prude or reserved than you actually are behind closed doors - and vice versa! Here's what your Mars sign reveals about your sex style:
Mars In Aries
You are direct, spontaneous and instinctual. You enjoy active, unrestricted and fiery sex. You are not into playing mind games. If you are interested in someone, you don't mind and won't hesitate to go after what you want.
Most Compatible With: Sagittarius, Leo and Libra Mars
Mars In Taurus
You have a deep, earthy, tactile sensuality. You express your desire through tons of physical affection. You like to take the time to figure out exactly what stimulates your partner and you fulfill their biggest fantasies and sexual turn-ons slowly and steadily. Sex with you is ground-shattering and nourishing to the soul.
Most Compatible With: Capricorn, Virgo and Scorpio Mars
Mars In Gemini
You express your desire and sexual energy through words. You are all about dirty talk. Mental stimulation is key for you. You love variety and to switch things up in the bedroom.
Most Compatible With: Libra, Aquarius, and Sagittarius Mars
Mars In Cancer
You crave soulful and intuitive sex. Sex and emotions are a package deal for you. You are not necessarily the no-strings attached type - you love to nurture and care for your partner inside and outside of the bedroom. Sexually, you like to play into masculine and feminine stereotypes.
Most Compatible With: Scorpio, Pisces and Capricorn Mars
Mars In Leo
You pride yourself on being the most memorable sex your partner has ever had. You will pull out all the stops necessary to create a mind-blowing experience. You have no tolerance for being disrespected, sexually or otherwise.
Most Compatible With: Aries, Aquarius, and Sagittarius Mars
Mars In Virgo
You aim to please! You often put your partner's needs ahead of your own. You are extremely turned on by their orgasm and all it takes to get them there. If your partner is not fully enjoying sex, it's impossible for you to enjoy it either. Good hygiene is incredibly important to you.
Most Compatible With: Capricorn, Taurus and Pisces Mars
Mars In Libra
You go above and beyond in setting the mood for your partner, creating an ambient and visually appealing experience. Sexually, you are happy to follow your partner's lead. You are adventurous, playful and up for everything.
Most Compatible With: Aries, Aquarius and Gemini Mars
Mars In Scorpio
It is quite easy for your partner to become addicted to sex with you and vice versa. Sex for you isn't only a physical act, it's an extremely deep mental, emotional and spiritual energy exchange. Whether you realize it or not, you use sex to penetrate your partner's mind, heart and soul. You love pushing boundaries sexually and are drawn to taboos and BDSM dynamics. You enjoy kinky, soulful sex.
Most Compatible With: Pisces, Cancer and Taurus Mars
Mars In Sagittarius
You enjoy adventurous sex and sex games. You are direct and aren't afraid to beat around the bush when it comes to what you want sexually. You love to challenge yourself and your partner during sex.
Most Compatible With: Aries, Leo and Gemini Mars
Mars In Capricorn
You strive to be the best in everything and sex is no different. You will put in the work to figure out the most enjoyable sexual experience for your partner. You have the patience and steady determination to blow your partner's mind. Your partners are often surprised by how sexually intense you are. You're the epitome of "a lady in the street but a freak in the sheets".
Most Compatible With: Taurus, Virgo and Cancer Mars
Mars In Aquarius
You don't enjoy boring, uninnovative sex. You hate overly cliche or romantic gestures. You are attracted to intelligent, unconventional, bold and somewhat rebellious sexual partners. You enjoy taboo sex. You are the sapiosexual of the zodiac.
Most Compatible With: Libra, Gemini, and Leo Mars
Mars In Pisces
You are attracted to the underdog. You can easily become addicted to devil d*ck! If you are not careful, you may find yourself drawn to fuckboys and hobosexuals because of the deep empathy you have in them. You are completely selfless and self-sacrificing sexually - you intuitively know what turns your partner on and will go the extra mile to make sure they get there. They are amazed by how much you are willing to give and push your boundaries sexually.
Most Compatible With: Virgo, Cancer, and Scorpio Mars
So, what's your Mars sign?
Are you a member of our insiders squad? Join us in the xoTribe Members Community today!
Featured image by Shutterstock
- Scorpio Zodiac Sign Meaning, Dates Personality Compatibility - xoNecole: Women's Interest, Love, Wellness, Beauty ›
- Signs You Have Emotional Connection During Sex - xoNecole: Women's Interest, Love, Wellness, Beauty ›
- Sex Might Take Your Manifestation Practice To New Heights - xoNecole: Women's Interest, Love, Wellness, Beauty ›
- Rising Sign Meanings & How To Find Your Rising Sign - xoNecole: Women's Interest, Love, Wellness, Beauty ›
- Gemini Woman And Leo Man Love Compatibility - xoNecole: Lifestyle, Culture, Love, & Wellness ›
- Pisces Woman Libra Man Love Compatibility - xoNecole: Lifestyle, Culture, Love, & Wellness ›
- Virgo Woman Scorpio Man Love Attraction Sex & More - xoNecole: Lifestyle, Culture, Love, Wellness ›
- What Does Your Mars Sign Mean In Astrology? It's About Your Sex Life ›
- Erotic Astrology: Mars Signs — The Hoodwitch ›
- Sexual Astrology: How Venus In Your Birth Chart Affects Your Sex ... ›
- What Your Mars Sign Says About Your Sex Life & Desires ›
- Sexual Astrology: Love with Each Sign of the Zodiac ›
- What Your Mars Sign Says About Your Sex Drive, Desire ... ›
- Your Mars Sign Meaning Reveals A Lot About Your Sexual Needs ... ›
This article is in partnership with Sensodyne.
Our teeth are connected to so many things - our nutrition, our confidence, and our overall mood. We often take for granted how important healthy teeth are, until issues like tooth sensitivity or gum recession come to remind us. Like most things related to our bodies, prevention is the best medicine. Here are five things you can do immediately to improve your oral hygiene, prevent tooth sensitivity, and avoid dental issues down the road.
1) Go Easy On the Rough Brushing: Brushing your teeth is and always will be priority number one in the oral hygiene department. No surprises there! However, there is such a thing as applying too much pressure when brushing…and that can lead to problems over time. Use a toothbrush with soft bristles and brush in smooth, circular motions. It may seem counterintuitive, but a gentle approach to brushing is the most effective way to clean those pearly whites without wearing away enamel and exposing sensitive areas of the teeth.
2) Use A Desensitizing Toothpaste: As everyone knows, mouth pain can be highly uncomfortable; but tooth sensitivity is a whole different beast. Hot weather favorites like ice cream and popsicles have the ability to trigger tooth sensitivity, which might make you want to stay away from icy foods altogether. But as always, prevention is the best medicine here. Switching to a toothpaste like Sensodyne’s Sensitivity & Gum toothpaste specifically designed for sensitive teeth will help build a protective layer over sensitive areas of the tooth. Over time, those sharp sensations that occur with extremely cold foods will subside, and you’ll be back to treating yourself to your icy faves like this one!
3) Floss, Rinse, Brush. (And In That Order!): Have you ever heard the saying, “It’s not what you do, but how you do it”? Well, the same thing applies to taking care of your teeth. Even if you are flossing and brushing religiously, you could be missing out on some of the benefits simply because you aren’t doing so in the right order. Flossing is best to do before brushing because it removes food particles and plaque from places your toothbrush can’t reach. After a proper flossing sesh, it is important to rinse out your mouth with water after. Finally, you can whip out your toothbrush and get to brushing. Though many of us commonly rinse with water after brushing to remove excess toothpaste, it may not be the best thing for our teeth. That’s because fluoride, the active ingredient in toothpaste that protects your enamel, works best when it gets to sit on the teeth and continue working its magic. Rinsing with water after brushing doesn’t let the toothpaste go to work like it really can. Changing up your order may take some getting used to, but over time, you’ll see the difference.
4) Stay Hydrated: Upping your water supply is a no-fail way to level up your health overall, and your teeth are no exception to this rule. Drinking water not only helps maintain a healthy pH balance in your mouth, but it also washes away residue and acids that can cause enamel erosion. It also helps you steer clear of dry mouth, which is a gateway to bad breath. And who needs that?
5) Show Your Gums Some Love: When it comes to improving your smile, you may be laser-focused on getting your teeth whiter, straighter, and overall healthier. Rightfully so, as these are all attributes of a megawatt smile; but you certainly don’t want to leave gum health out of the equation. If you neglect your gums, you’ll start to notice the effects of plaque buildup, which can irritate the gums and cause gingivitis, the earliest stage of gum disease. Seeing blood while brushing and flossing is a tell-tale sign that your gums are suffering. You may also experience gum recession — a condition where the gum tissue surrounding your teeth pulls back, exposing more of your tooth. Brushing at least twice a day with a gum-protecting toothpaste like Sensodyne Sensitivity and Gum, coupled with regular dentist visits, will keep your gums shining as bright as those pearly whites.
Imma tell y’all what — it seems like not one week goes by when I don’t see some sort of so-called term that has me like, “What in the world?” For instance, when I first stumbled upon “self-partnering,” honestly, I laughed. Then shared it with some other single people as well as married folks I know. And I kid you not, every individual was like, “What the heck does that mean?” When I told them that it was yet, one more way to seemingly define single living, basically everyone’s follow-up was, “Oh, brother.”
Why can’t (more) singles just be single and be okay with that? Good Lord. Why does there need to be some sort of relational play-on-words to make it sound like we’re with someone — even if we’re not?
Now masturdating? Even though it’s not even close to being a “real” word, it’s something that also brought a laugh outta me — although it was then followed by a genuine smile. The laugh because I almost immediately caught the play-on-words. The smile was due to the intention behind it all.
If you’re not familiar with what masturdating is and you’re curious about why you should even care, take a few moments to at least skim through what it’s about and why I think participating, as a single person, is a pretty cool (and effective) concept.
Masturdate: a date w oneself
What’s Masturdating All About?
Masturdating. Okay, so let the word marinate for just a moment. What does it sound like? Yeah…exactly. And since a huge part of masturbation centers around self-pleasure, it’s cool to explore how “self-dating” could produce similar (as far as pleasure is concerned in a broader sense) results. Because masturdating is all about spending quality time with yourself, pampering yourself, treating yourself— and yes, taking yourself out on dates.
Any of you who may think that masturdating is a consolation prize — and a pitiful one at that — for not being able to go out with another human being or get that dream $200 first date that social media was all in a tizzy about last year (bookmark that) — personally, I think that you’re the demographic who needs to try out masturdating first and the most. Why? Off top, I’ll share my three good reasons.
3 Reasons To Strongly Consider Masturdating
1. It’s an intimate way to get to know yourself better. I’ve been working with couples for a pretty long time at this point and if there’s a pattern that I see arise, OFTEN, it’s that two people are oftentimes so busy trying to “find their person” that they didn’t even know who they were. As a direct result, they found themselves in a relationship with someone who only complemented the “kiddie pool version” of who they were.
That’s why it can be so beneficial to spend time getting to know yourself on the “deep end” of things: what makes you tick, what your passions are, what you want most out of life, what are your interests beyond obvious things — and masturdating can help you to discover all of this. Whether it’s traveling alone or taking out a weekend to drink some wine and journal, the more you get to know yourself, the clearer you’ll be about who complements you on a romantic and friendship level.
2. It will definitely help to boost your confidence levels. I guess since I’m an ambivert, I don’t really get why people freak out at the mere thought of going to a restaurant or movie alone. Personally, I think it requires a helluva lot more energy and gumption to wait around and plan stuff with other people (#Elmoshrug). However, whether you’re an introvert, extrovert, or ambivert, there’s no way around the fact that the more comfortable you get with doing things alone, the more your confidence levels will increase — no, soar — because of it.
One article that I read on the topic said that doing things alone can make you more creative, improve your mental health, and help you to be totally okay with being alone (so that you’re not “needy” for other people’s attention). A psychotherapist from a New York Times article on the benefits of spending time alone said, “Getting better at identifying moments when we need solitude to recharge and reflect can help us better handle negative emotions and experiences, like stress and burnout.” And when you’re able to stare negativity in its face without flinching, how could that not make you bolder, more self-secure, and hopeful about your life?
3. It will teach you to value your time more effectively. In every facet of your world, you’re gonna operate from a healthier place if you’re operating from a “full cup” rather than an empty one. When it comes to this topic, think about it — if you’re constantly waiting on someone to call you to go out or wishing for a dream date with some guy, all you’re doing is wasting precious time that you could be spending taking a cooking class or hell, hiring a chef to make you dinner at your own home.
Indeed, waiting has two sides to it: when it’s in the form of patience, it is indeed a virtue, yet when it’s wrapped up in the notion that you’re not really living life unless you have an audience…it is totally working against you. Choose wisely.
10 Solo Date Ideas To Help You To “Master” Masturdating
So, what if you’re someone who has either never considered actually masturdating before or you don’t really know what to do beyond dinner and the movies? Here are a few ideas to consider:
1. Attend a workshop or masterclass that you’re interested in. If there’s something that you’ve always wanted to learn, sign up for a workshop or masterclass. The cool thing about this option is there are probably some in your city, as well as some that you can find online (like here) that are convenient and affordable.
2. Binge-read at a local coffee shop. Aside from their coziness and oftentimes inviting scents, I once read that a lot of us gravitate to coffee shops because we can be around people without having to actually socialize with them. So, if you want to “hang out” while still being able to enjoy a bit of solitude, take a book that you’ve been trying to finish to a local coffee shop, order your favorite latte, and sit in a big-ass comfy chair. Usually, you can sit there for hours, and the staff will be just fine with it (another bonus).
3. Have a spa day in the next town. You can never go wrong with a spa day. And while going with a friend can be fun, sometimes there’s too much talking transpiring to be able to fully chill out and relax. So, go off of the grid, get a change of scenery, and hit up a spa in the next city (or town). There are lots of studies out here supporting that day trips or “daycations” can actually be really good for your long-term health and well-being.
4. See a community play. Some of the best solo dates that I’ve ever been on consisted of taking in some of the local arts in my city. What’s really cool about this particular option is, oftentimes, they are extremely inexpensive, if not totally free of charge (in exchange for making a donation or putting money into a tip jar).
5. Plan a trip. Whenever people say something along the lines of, “If you don’t expect anything, you won’t be disappointed,” I know that they low-key have some (additional) healing to do from past disappointments. There’s simply too much intel out here to support that anticipation (of good stuff) makes us more motivated and optimistic, keeps our dopamine levels up, and makes life more exciting overall.
Since traveling alone is more cost-effective, gives you the freedom to do whatever you want (when you want), and increases the possibility of meeting new people and having new experiences on your journey — why not devote a day this weekend to planning a solo trip? All the way around, it’s good for you.
6. Try your hand at your own “$200 date.” Uh-huh. Roll your eyes if you want to, but it’s real easy to talk left about how a man should be able to just drop $200 like it’s nothing…until you actually try to do it. So yes, while taking yourself out on this type of date could serve as a bit of a reality check, it can also “scratch the itch” of waiting on some dude to do it for you. It’s also way less emotionally draining because, at least when you’re taking your own self out, it’s guaranteed that you’ll enjoy the company…right?
7. DIY some pampering. When you get a chance, check out “5 Reasons You Should Unapologetically Pamper Yourself,” “Want To Love On Yourself? Try These 10 Things At Home.,” “I’ve Got Some Ways For You To Start Pampering Your Soul,” and “When's The Last Time You Actually Pampered Your Vagina?” The bottom line here is pampering is all about, not mere self-maintenance; it’s all about treating yourself to levels of EXTREME SELF-INDULGENCE. So, if nothing else tickles your fancy on this list, at least consider doing that, chile.
8. Feed your creativity. Something that I used to be really good at is art. That said, one of my goddaughters is insanely talented, so she has reminded me to tap back into it. Also, a big part of what got me into the writing world is poetry; I actually used to be a house poet at a local spot. Sometimes, my best quality time moments with myself have been revisiting these creative sides of me — and this is definitely easier to do (and enjoy) alone.
9. Try some stargazing. When’s the last time you took a blanket into your backyard, laid down on it, and just stared at the stars for hours on end? While some say that stargazing can teach you to be mindful, others say that being in that form of nature reduces stress, while others believe that looking up at the universe at night can increase your attention span. All solid reasons to give it a shot, if you ask me.
10. DO. ABSOLUTELY. NOTHING. Let me tell you something that nobody will ever be able to make me feel bad about: doing absolutely nothing. I’ve got data to back me up. Good Housekeeping shares that doing nothing can help you decide how you want to respond or react to certain things. I like howThe Guardian says that taking this approach helps you to regain control of what you give your attention to.
TIME magazine says that it can ultimately make you more productive.BBC offers up that it can help you tap into your ingenuity.Henry Ford Health says that it can make you kinder and a better problem-solver. So, if you want to invest in yourself, do nothing sometimes.
Closing Thoughts from the Lovely Javicia Leslie
While some of y'all may know Javicia Leslie from being the former Batwoman, I discovered her back in the day from the indie series Chef Julian (and yes, "Julian" was right to say that "Mo" looks like Tatyana Ali...the real ones know). Sometimes I'll hop on her IG to see what she's got going on and this story popped up within a few hours of me penning this...so, I took it as hella confirmation.
TREAT YO SELF. WAIT FOR NO ONE.
WAIT FOR NO ONE. TREAT YO SELF.
RINSE AND REPEAT.
Sooo…what kind of masturdating plans do you have for this coming weekend? While going out with others has its perks, hanging out with yourself has a ton of ‘em too. Enjoy!
No…for real. ENJOY!
Let’s make things inbox official! Sign up for the xoNecole newsletter for daily love, wellness, career, and exclusive content delivered straight to your inbox.
Featured image by FOTOGRAFIA, INC./Getty Images