Healing rituals are key to thriving in this human experience. If you are not regulating your emotions, taking the time to process, and giving your spirit time to renew and heal, then you are often carrying emotional heaviness from one experience to the next. Healing rituals are a way to give your mind, body, and soul the attention it needs and craves, and to put yourself in a better position to live your best life. When you take the time to heal within, positive transformations occur without.
When it comes to healing rituals for your zodiac sign, you want to especially take a look at the element that is more dominant in your birth chart. An earth sign or earth-dominant sign is going to thrive in healing experiences that involve Mother Earth and rituals that get them grounded such as yoga, hiking, placing their bare feet on the Earth, or "earthing." Being out in nature and doing grounding rituals are what best serve them. A fire sign, on the other hand, works well with fire energy such as candles and creativity, and with rituals that get their body moving and energy flowing.
Knowing what works best for you and your emotional and physical experience in life will help you on your healing journey, and below are some healing rituals for your zodiac sign to try sometime. Take what resonates, and listen to the guidance of your soul.
Healing Rituals for Aries
A good healing ritual for Aries involves activity and something to get your energy moving. Going for a hike with a nice view at the end of it is the perfect healing ritual for you. You'll get your exercise and spend time taking your mind away from anything heavy by being in the moment. Since you are a goal-oriented sign and flow well with things that make you feel more accomplished, taking a scenic hike is the perfect experience for you to unwind and connect with the body.
Healing Rituals for Taurus
A guided meditation in mother nature would serve a Taurus well. As an earth sign, the best healing rituals for you involve being in nature. Just breathing that air and having your feet touch the earth is a healing experience in and of itself, but doing something like meditation or yoga in this atmosphere is even more transcendent. Allowing your body to ground itself with Mother Earth, feeling your connection to all that is, and breathing fresh air is a good setup to heal. As a Taurus, you should get outside for your healing rituals.
Healing Rituals for Gemini
A Gemini’s healing journey involves releasing any clutter in the mind. As a Gemini, you need space to mentally decompress and get what you are feeling or thinking out. You don't hold things in, but if you are hurting that bad, you will carry a lot of that within out of fear of being too deep or vulnerable with others. A good healing ritual for Gemini is to talk to a friend, family member, therapist, or confidant who will give you the floor and allow you to release without judgment or interruption. Healing for you is about letting go.
Healing Rituals for Cancer
LWA Dann Tardif/ Getty Images
A relaxing, candlelit bath is a healing ritual that serves Cancer well. Healing for you is about taking the time to regulate your emotions, coming back to your center, and feeling a sense of calmness in your life. Being a water sign, rituals that involve water energy are fulfilling for your soul. Add in some of your favorite crystals, flowers, essential oils, a book, or some relaxing music, and you are set for a healing and therapeutic experience. Your healing ritual should involve something that allows your emotions to flow, and a space where you feel safe, like your home.
Healing Rituals for Leo
Healing for Leo is all about getting back to feeling like themselves again. Oftentimes when you feel the need to heal or get back to your center, it’s coming from a place of feeling outside of yourself or not connected to who you are. A healing experience and ritual for Leo would be to stand in front of a mirror and repeat “I love you” or other motivating daily rituals every day. Being face to face with yourself and looking at the reflection before you helps you tap into the depths of your soul, and is a space to give yourself the utmost love.
Healing Rituals for Virgo
A good healing ritual for a Virgo would be to go to a flower market or connect with the healing energy of the flowers. Flowers exude an energy of beauty, healing, softness, allowing, forgiveness and love. The saying “Don’t forget to stop and smell the roses,” is perfect for a Virgo as you can get so lost in the details and the day-to-day that you forget to be in the moment and sit in gratitude with what is. You can connect with the healing energy of flowers by creating a bouquet, taking a bath with flowers, lighting a candle surrounded by your favorite flowers, putting flower essence essential oils on, being around flowers, and quite literally smelling the roses.
Healing Rituals for Libra
Drinking tea is a special healing ritual for Libra. Tea is calming, tea is peaceful, and tea is also great to have over a conversation, which is also another healing ritual for Libra. Some cultures and practices even use the leaves of tea as a way to do readings and foretell the future. Not to mention the health benefits of drinking tea for the body, a simple cup of tea is the perfect ritual for Libra to enjoy something nice for themselves and allow your thoughts to catch up with your body. A Libra can tend to be focused on things that are happening outside of themselves, and enjoying a nice cup of tea can be the perfect healing ritual for Libra to take a moment and find your balance again.
Healing Rituals for Scorpio
PeopleImages/ Getty Images
Healing for a Scorpio is a deep and transformative experience. Your life is all about evolving on your journey, and you tend to come out of tough experiences in an even better position than before. You take your healing and personal evolution seriously, but you also tend to be a sign that bottles up all of your emotions before it’s too late. A good healing ritual for a Scorpio involves acts of letting go. On a Full Moon, a Scorpio should write down all of the things you are looking to let go of. Write down emotions, past experiences, negative people, and old objects of affection that are now a sour memory. Then get a white candle and burn the piece of paper (safely) while focusing on lovingly letting go of those things.
Healing Rituals for Sagittarius
Reading a book, creating art, or journaling your thoughts are all good healing rituals for Sagittarius. Creating something out of nothing gets you in an enlightened and joyful mood, and brings the right circumstances for inner clarity. Even healing for Sagittarius needs to be a fun experience or you will get bored and try something else. Putting a whole bunch of colors before them, a pen and paper, or an enticing book, allows Sagittarius to remember the bigger picture and allow enough space from your challenges to believe in something better.
Healing Rituals for Capricorn
Shadow work is a beneficial healing ritual for Capricorn. Now, shadow work is serious business and requires you to get very real with yourself, but this sense of straight-to-the-point, let’s get to the bottom-of-it attitude involved in shadow work is perfect for an earthy Capricorn. Shadow work can be done through meditation or with someone licensed in the work, and by working with your unconscious mind to uncover repressed emotions, past trauma, or aspects of yourself that you keep hidden. This is a very healing and cathartic experience, but as with all spiritual awakenings, there is an aspect to it that can feel uncomfortable as well. There are different approaches to shadow work, and it's about finding out what works for you here.
Healing Rituals for Aquarius
A good healing ritual for an Aquarius would be to pull an oracle card for spiritual guidance or to get an oracle card reading. Oracle cards are different from tarot cards as you tend to be a lighter experience, and you are also more about giving divine guidance rather than foretelling the future. Not only do you get to recognize how strong your intuition is in the process, but it also helps you remember that life is so much bigger than a lot of things that get us tied up.
Healing Rituals for Pisces
A good healing ritual for a Pisces is to do an energy cleanse. You tend to carry a lot of the emotions and experiences of others in your auric field, as you are a highly compassionate and intuitive soul and pick up on a lot. You should take energy clearing and healing very seriously in your life, and always make sure you are clearing your energy. Burning incense, rosemary, cedar, and juniper is a way to cleanse the body. You can also visualize a white healing light surrounding your body.
Let’s make things inbox official! Sign up for the xoNecole newsletter for daily love, wellness, career, and exclusive content delivered straight to your inbox.
Featured image by LWA Dann Tardif/ Getty Images
- The Best Meditation Practices For Your Zodiac Sign ›
- Achieve Your Wildest Dreams With This New Moon Ritual Bath ›
- 7 Metaphysical Practices That Help Me Thrive As An Empath ›
- The Best Self-Care Practices For Your Zodiac Sign ›
- World Cancer Day: Black Women Survivors Share Stories - xoNecole: Women's Interest, Love, Wellness, Beauty ›
- Use Shadow Work For Healing Self-Concept Relationships - xoNecole: Lifestyle, Culture, Love, Wellness ›
Tayler Barakat is a Mystic who has studied Astrology for over a decade. She does intuitive astrology and tarot readings for people all over the world, and her work focuses on healing and empowering individuals. Follow her on Instagram @taylerbarakat_ and check out her website www.listentothevirgo.com.
This article is in partnership with Sensodyne.
Our teeth are connected to so many things - our nutrition, our confidence, and our overall mood. We often take for granted how important healthy teeth are, until issues like tooth sensitivity or gum recession come to remind us. Like most things related to our bodies, prevention is the best medicine. Here are five things you can do immediately to improve your oral hygiene, prevent tooth sensitivity, and avoid dental issues down the road.
1) Go Easy On the Rough Brushing: Brushing your teeth is and always will be priority number one in the oral hygiene department. No surprises there! However, there is such a thing as applying too much pressure when brushing…and that can lead to problems over time. Use a toothbrush with soft bristles and brush in smooth, circular motions. It may seem counterintuitive, but a gentle approach to brushing is the most effective way to clean those pearly whites without wearing away enamel and exposing sensitive areas of the teeth.
2) Use A Desensitizing Toothpaste: As everyone knows, mouth pain can be highly uncomfortable; but tooth sensitivity is a whole different beast. Hot weather favorites like ice cream and popsicles have the ability to trigger tooth sensitivity, which might make you want to stay away from icy foods altogether. But as always, prevention is the best medicine here. Switching to a toothpaste like Sensodyne’s Sensitivity & Gum toothpaste specifically designed for sensitive teeth will help build a protective layer over sensitive areas of the tooth. Over time, those sharp sensations that occur with extremely cold foods will subside, and you’ll be back to treating yourself to your icy faves like this one!
3) Floss, Rinse, Brush. (And In That Order!): Have you ever heard the saying, “It’s not what you do, but how you do it”? Well, the same thing applies to taking care of your teeth. Even if you are flossing and brushing religiously, you could be missing out on some of the benefits simply because you aren’t doing so in the right order. Flossing is best to do before brushing because it removes food particles and plaque from places your toothbrush can’t reach. After a proper flossing sesh, it is important to rinse out your mouth with water after. Finally, you can whip out your toothbrush and get to brushing. Though many of us commonly rinse with water after brushing to remove excess toothpaste, it may not be the best thing for our teeth. That’s because fluoride, the active ingredient in toothpaste that protects your enamel, works best when it gets to sit on the teeth and continue working its magic. Rinsing with water after brushing doesn’t let the toothpaste go to work like it really can. Changing up your order may take some getting used to, but over time, you’ll see the difference.
4) Stay Hydrated: Upping your water supply is a no-fail way to level up your health overall, and your teeth are no exception to this rule. Drinking water not only helps maintain a healthy pH balance in your mouth, but it also washes away residue and acids that can cause enamel erosion. It also helps you steer clear of dry mouth, which is a gateway to bad breath. And who needs that?
5) Show Your Gums Some Love: When it comes to improving your smile, you may be laser-focused on getting your teeth whiter, straighter, and overall healthier. Rightfully so, as these are all attributes of a megawatt smile; but you certainly don’t want to leave gum health out of the equation. If you neglect your gums, you’ll start to notice the effects of plaque buildup, which can irritate the gums and cause gingivitis, the earliest stage of gum disease. Seeing blood while brushing and flossing is a tell-tale sign that your gums are suffering. You may also experience gum recession — a condition where the gum tissue surrounding your teeth pulls back, exposing more of your tooth. Brushing at least twice a day with a gum-protecting toothpaste like Sensodyne Sensitivity and Gum, coupled with regular dentist visits, will keep your gums shining as bright as those pearly whites.
An author by the name of Alexandra Katehakis once said this about orgasms: “Great spiritual teachers throughout the ages have stated that orgasm is the closest some people come to a spiritual experience because of the momentary loss of self. Why is this true? Because with spiritual sex, you move beyond orgasm into a connection with yourself, your partner, and the divine — recognizing them all as one.”
If it’s counterintuitive to what you’ve ever thought about orgasms, believe it or not, there are even pastors who have said that climaxing is the closest comprehension of heaven on this side of it: it is an extreme kind of bliss that is indescribable and is best experienced between two people who share a sacrificial kind of love for one another.
Although this might seem like a heavy way to intro this particular topic, because the O Method is an orgasm-achieving technique that centers around housing energy, embracing the mental practice of manifestation, and the attempt to achieve the best climaxes ever — it all works together pretty well if you ask me. If you want to take your orgasms to the next level, it’s important that you get out of yourself (to a certain extent), that you see the spiritual role that manifestation plays, and that you are open to trying new things. No doubt about it.
So, let’s learn more about what the O Method is all about and how it very well could be just what you’ve been looking for…even if you didn’t know it.
What Is the “O Method” All About?Giphy
Question: When’s the last time you’ve had an orgasm? Not just any orgasm — I mean a really mind-blowing one (I’ll give you a second to think about it). Now, what if you could manifest that experience to the point where it wasn’t a rare occurrence but something that happened almost every time that you and your partner had sex with each other? How absolutely awesome would that be?
That is pretty much what the O Method is all about — helping you achieve the kind of orgasms (and sexual pleasure, in general) that you desire through the practice of manifestation. And since your biggest sex organ is your brain, it would make perfect sense that even with all of the tips and techniques that you might learn to do as far as your body is concerned, honing in on what you think about is super imperative to sexual fulfillment, too. And that’s just where manifestation comes in.
What If You’ve Never “Manifested” Anything Before?Giphy
Before we get into a quick lesson on manifestation, I think it’s important to mention two things. One, for the cynics, there is a lot of truth in the fact that it’s got some solid spiritual basis to it because even the Good Book says that as a man thinketh in his heart, so is he (Proverbs 23:7). At the same time, that same Good Book tells us that faith without works is dead (James 2:14-26). So, while it is always a good idea to focus on good, positive, and productive thoughts, just thinking about them isn’t enough — at some point, you’ve also gotta get out here and DO something (bookmark that).
Okay, with that mini-sermon out of the way, whether it’s in the bedroom or not, manifestation is basically about focusing on something tangible that you desire, harnessing your energy in such a way that your words and actions are directed towards that longing until what you want, well, manifests. For the record, aside from this having a spiritual backing to it, in many ways, science cosigns on manifesting, too. There is actually a scientific process known as neuroplasticity that consists of reframing your mind so that your actions ultimately end up aligning with your goals — and that is another way to look at manifestation.
So, what if you’re someone who has never set out to do a manifestation practice before? No worries. Something that’s awesome about it is there are several different approaches that you can take.
Some people manifest what they want in their lives via:
- Visualization/Creating vision boards
- Writing down their desires before going to bed (so that they can “download” them into their dream state)
- Creating mantras and affirmations
- Applying the 369 Manifestation Method (you can learn more about that here)
- Learning more about what you want to manifest (which brings forth clarity)
This is important to keep in mind because, when it comes to manifesting the types of orgasms that you want to have, as you can see, you can try different manifestation methods until you find one (or ones) that you are truly comfortable with. One that can ease you into the entire process rather smoothly is something known as sex journaling.
How Sex Journaling Can Actually Help You to Have an OrgasmGiphy
As a writer, I’m a big fan of journaling. Mostly because it’s a way to get out some of your deepest thoughts and feelings so that you’re able to really process what is happening inside of you in a private setting. And when it comes to sex journaling, specifically, it’s all about centering yourself on the things sexually that you want to “unpack,” get clarity on or come to some revelations about. For instance, if there’s only been one partner from your past who’s been able to help you achieve the type of orgasms that you wish to manifest, journaling about what makes him different from the other guys can provide you with some solid ah-ha moments.
Or if you need help getting as specific as possible about the sexual experiences that you’re after, journaling can help to make that happen for you — because one thing that manifesting reminds us all to do is be as specific as possible.
Yeah, simply saying, “I want to have better sex” isn’t detailed enough when you want to get your energy to match with your desires — instead, describe how all of your senses should feel in the experience, along with why, that can get you so much closer to achieving your goal. Once those things are documented, you can segue into creating mantras and/or meditation that are based on them. Yeah, sex journaling really is an underrated superpower on a lot of levels (check out “The Art Of Sex Journaling (And Why You Should Do It)”).
5 Tips for Making the O Method Work for YouGiphy
Now that you know more about what the O Method is and how manifestation plays a direct role in its process, let’s talk about five ways to make the O Method truly effective in your own (sex) life.
1. Focus, FULLY, on your feminine energy. What do rose quartz, amethyst, moonstone (which is a Gemini birthstone as well; yes, I’m a Gemini), selenite, and rhodonite all have in common? They’re crystals that help you to go deeper into your divine feminine energy. Traits that are associated with this include compassion, creativity, kindness, gentleness, and sensuality (feminine energy is also accepting and forgiving). If you were to study energy from a biological standpoint, it’s about producing change, responding to stimuli, and having the ability to do what needs to be done (work). So, when it comes to manifesting the kind of orgasms or sexual experiences that you want, using things like your creativity and gentleness in your thoughts and actions can play a role in bringing balance to your partner’s masculinity, which can create a profound sense of pleasure — after all, opposites do attract.
2. Don’t hold back on what it is that you desire. Whenever I interview sex therapists, something that they all say is, a huge mistake that people make as far as sexual satisfaction is concerned is, they have walls up — not just with their partners but even within themselves. Sometimes, there is intimidation, fear, or even shame around what they really want to happen during sex to the point where they aren’t able to channel their energy fully in those directions in order to manifest what they want. For the O Method to work, you can’t let those types of negative emotions hinder you; the more you are able to articulate what you want and how you want it, the better chance you have of making it happen. So yes, get graphic. As graphic as possible.
3. Make manifestation a daily practice. Repetition is important when it comes to manifestation. That’s because the more you declare what you desire (a mantra), get still and think on it (meditation), or look at the “art” that you’ve created surrounding it (visualization), the quicker it becomes a part of you. So yes, make manifestation a daily practice. For instance, if one of your mantras is, “I am going to have intensely passionate orgasms, one right after the other,” don’t just state that 15 minutes before sex is going to happen. Wake up and declare it. Then say it on your lunch break. And again before turning in. The more your thoughts are “streamlined” in this way, the easier it will be for your body to follow suit.
4. Share this practice with your partner. If you were to do even more research on the O Method, one thing that most of the articles will mention is it’s a practice that you can do alone or with your partner. Indeed. However, I just want to make sure that you get into your psyche that great sex is, in part, about good communication. And so, the more comfortable you are sharing with your partner what you are doing as far as the O Method is concerned and what you ultimately want to happen as a result of the practice, the easier it will be for him to “match your energy” — both in and out of the bedroom. And when your partner is on the same page as you? That definitely increases the chances of attaining your sexual desires — exponentially so.
5. Stay in the moment. While I was reading one article on manifestation, I really appreciated something that the author said: manifestation isn’t some supernatural power. In other words, while it can be beneficial, it’s not like you can just think of something, and it instantly appears out of nowhere. Manifesting is a discipline, and it must be accompanied by action, consistency, and patience — this means that you must also practice mindfulness. Meaning, now that you know better what you’re looking to achieve as far as sex is concerned, every time that it transpires, maintain a level of positive energy, remember what your end goal is, and then determine in your mind to enjoy the moments as they come. Remember, manifestation isn’t to add stress…it’s to cultivate clarity.
At the end of the day, the O Method is simply a way of reminding you that your mind plays a huge role in your sexual pleasure, and when you channel it and your energy exactly where you want them both to go, you’ll be amazed what your body is capable of doing…and accomplishing.
So, what kind of orgasm are you wanting to achieve? You’ve got a tool to get you there. USE IT.
Let’s make things inbox official! Sign up for the xoNecole newsletter for daily love, wellness, career, and exclusive content delivered straight to your inbox.
Featured image by Giphy