If you've ever been up late on Pinterest trying to scroll yourself to sleep, you've probably come across a photo of a luxurious bathtub filled with an array of floral elements, herbs, and sometimes even slices of fruit. This commonly used practice is known as a spiritual bath within the mystical community.
These baths combine various elements of nature, including sea salt as a major component, to adjust our energetic frequency in times that we may be low on vitality, psychologically overwhelmed, or just stuck in some area of our lives.
The Benefits Of Taking A Spiritual Bath
So what are the benefits of taking a spiritual bath? They can vary in nature depending on the ingredients you use and the intention you set prior to taking the bath. However, the most common purpose of a spiritual bath is to cleanse not only the physical body but also the etheric body (a.k.a. the aura).
Energy is everything and in our fast-paced, technologically-driven lives, it's easy for our aura to be impacted by external stimuli—whether it be the people we interact with (even digitally), the environments that we frequent, and even the entertainment that we consume. Everything has a signature, energetic imprint that can either harmonize with your vibes or disrupt them entirely (if you identify as empathic or a Highly Sensitive Person, then you're all too familiar with this concept).
We can't always control how much we engage with the outside world but we can equip ourselves with the energetic tools needed to cleanse, protect, and uplift our energy along with a host of other good things.
Cleanse Your Energy With Spiritual Baths
Wondering if a spiritual bath is what you need? The answer is yes. This simple, yet highly effective practice, can be used by anyone in addition to the routines that you may already use to cleanse your energy whether that's smudging, praying, using crystals, or speaking positive affirmations over yourself. If you're up for it, you can even combine these various energy clearing techniques in a self-care ritual.
Check out the how-to guide below for making your own spiritual bath to help you counteract negative vibes and the S.A.D. blues:
DIY Spiritual Bath Energy Cleanse Ingredients
- Sea Salt
- Calendula (Marigold)
- Jasmine Flowers
- Bay Leaves
- Lemon Verbena Essential Oil
- Lavender Essential Oil
- Eucalyptus Essential Oil
DIY Spiritual Bath Energy Cleanse How-To
- Prior to preparing your spiritual bath, make sure your environment is clean. Scrub your tub, burn some Sage, and shower before you take your bath. You may wish to light some candles to set the mood for your spiritual bath.
- After taking your shower and rinsing the tub, prepare your bath water to a temperature of your liking. Add at least 1 cup of sea salt to the water.
- Sprinkle the Calendula, Jasmine, and Bay leaves into the bathtub (if you have sensitive skin, you may want to try soaking your feet first). Feel free to use just as little or as much as you'd like.
- Slice up a few lemons and oranges and add them to the bathwater as well.
- Pour a few drops of Lemon Verbena, Lavender, and Eucalyptus oil into the bathwater.
- Swirl the bathwater around with your hand while saying a prayer or setting your intention for the bath (Example: "May these various elements join together to cleanse my aura of energies that don't belong to me.")
- Soak in the bath for at least 30 minutes. Relax into the water and allow all of your worries to drift away as you engage with the fragrances and sensations of the natural elements against your skin.
- When you're done soaking in your spiritual bath, drain the water and gather the flowers, herbs, and fruit to either discard them in the trash or to offer them back to the earth by placing the elements at the base of a tree. Thank your Higher Power for assisting you in this cleansing process.
- Dress in white or light-colored clothing after your bath (avoid black clothing). You may wish to journal, meditate, or sip on a cup of tea to reflect and relax your way into a restful night's sleep.
Are you a member of our insiders squad? Join us in the xoTribe Members Community today!
Featured image by Shutterstock