A relationship between the Cancer man and the Libra woman is a bittersweet fairy tale. Libra women are the princesses of the zodiac whereas your typical Cancer man is the proverbial "Prince Charming." In the early stages of her relationship with a Cancer man, a Libra woman feels like she's finally found her prince; a charming gentleman who appreciates her inherent value physically, intellectually and emotionally.
Libra women tend to attract men drawn only to her looks and surface-level attributes, men who see her as a challenge to be conquered. In contrast, her Cancer suitor is refreshing in that he doesn't see her as a mere conquest, he wants to wife her. Libras have extremely discriminating tastes in men and are hesitant to settle down until they've met who they perceive to be the perfect one. The man who wins her heart will have to exercise plenty of patience and will have to put in the work to win her for the long-haul!
Interestingly enough, Cancer men are turned off by women they perceive to be "easy." Cancer men love a challenge and want to view the woman he settles down with as a much-desired prize. Both Libra and Cancer, in the initial stages of attraction, fit extremely well into what they each want as both a short-term and long-term partner.
This astrological pairing has the foundation needed for a strong love story.
However, as is the case with all fairy tales, there are major roadblocks that need to be overcome before these two can ever reach their happily ever after.
What attracts a Cancer man and a Libra woman to each other?
Cancer men are drawn to the effortless sex appeal of the flirty Libra. Libra women ooze femininity and Cancer men find this extremely attractive. Even dressed down, Libra women have a magnetic aura that draws men to them. Libra women are the personification of the infamous Drake line:
"Sweatpants, hair tied, chillin' with no make-up on/That's when you're the prettiest, I hope that you don't take it wrong"
Turned off by aggressive and overtly sexual women, Libra has the kind of unassuming, girl-next-door beauty that Cancer men are typically attracted to. Similarly, Libra women can easily find a sense of security and stability with her Cancer mate who, like her, is ultimately seeking a long-term partnership. Libra is comforted by Cancer's traditional values, emotional sensitivity, deep respect and appreciation for her. This is one relationship where Libra won't feel like any aspect of herself is being taken for granted!
Cancer is attracted to Libra's light and breezy demeanor. The male crab is put off by fiery, confrontational women. Libra's peaceable, congenial nature is extremely attractive and soothing to the highly-sensitive crab. Likewise, Libra is deeply drawn to Cancer's gentlemanly, considerate and soft-natured personality. She is pulled in by his sensitivity, feeling compelled to nurture him. Cancer's vulnerability creates a soft spot in Libra's heart for him.
What is sex like between a Cancer man and a Libra woman?
Sexually, Cancer men are attracted to assertive partners who don't mind taking control in the bedroom. He loves a woman who is free and won't hesitate to get on top and take control of her sexuality and orgasm. He is a giving lover who takes his woman's pleasure very seriously, especially when it comes to oral! He is naturally attracted to breasts and isn't squeamish in his strong attraction to the female anatomy. He will quite literally worship his woman in bed!
Libra is extremely sexually open, free and loves variety. She is uninhibited and loves trying new tricks in the bedroom. She is aroused by her mate's sexual desire and feeds off of Cancer's intense passion for her. Libra has no tolerance for monotonous or boring sex. In contrast, Cancer, while highly sexual and deeply emotional, is happy with a routine sex life.
Overall, there is a comfortable, invigorating synergy between both signs sexually.
What is a relationship like between a Cancer man and a Libra woman?
The Cancer man wants to settle down with a deeply empathetic partner. Cancer finds the most comfort in a motherly figure who is happy to provide for and cater to him while emotionally affirming him and encouraging his growth. Cancer men have no qualms about getting involved with older women; and, quite frankly, that may be the most appropriate and fulfilling dynamic for him.
The Libra woman needs a keen, patient listener who she can constantly bounce ideas off of. She needs intellectual stimulation and plenty of new experiences in life. She hates feeling bored or tied down in relationships and needs a life filled with beautiful experiences and surroundings. She is intensely empathetic to the mistreatment of others and may even find herself fighting for a cause. She roots for the underdog always because injustice affects her deeply.
What may cause a Libra woman and a Cancer man to break up?
The Cancer male, who errs on the jealous side, may find himself feeling insecure by the attention his flirty Libra woman always seems to attract. Not one to be ill-mannered, Libra refuses to curtly rebuff male suitors, opting instead to politely (or even apologetically!) decline advances.
Libra's naturally social and flirty attitude to others can bruise Cancer's fragile ego. He feels she's "too nice" to other men and sends mixed messages to them. To him, she's impossible to pin down! Cancer feels disrespected by Libra's pleasantries, perceiving it as a lack of loyalty. Cancer's insecurities are deeply triggered, causing him to clam up and brood silently - much to the bewilderment of Libra.
In contrast, easy-breezy Libra is constantly weighing the pros and cons of a potential mate before settling down. She refuses to allow herself to be tied down to the wrong person. She values her independence and freedom. While deeply empathetic, she doesn't have the time or the patience for what she deems to be unreasonable and immature emotional responses.
To add fuel to the fire, indecisive Libra is always looking for any hints of incompatibility in relationships; and at the first hint of conflict or unpleasantry, she is inclined to detach from it. She may easily find herself repulsed by Cancer's jealousy and resentful nature. Turned off, she won't hesitate to leave the relationship altogether.
Unevolved Cancer is jealous and possessive. When he develops a strong bond with someone, he holds onto that bond for life. Sensing Libra's flirtatious nature, Cancer may shut down and remove Libra from the running, doubting her trustworthiness and loyalty.
Cancer's moodiness tends to throw Libra off-balance and Libra's flightiness triggers Cancer's deep insecurities.
Cancer Man Libra Woman Summary
A relationship between a Cancer man and a Libra woman has the foundation needed for a successful relationship, so long as certain critical pitfalls are avoided.
Cancer needs to be aware of his tendency toward jealousy and possessiveness. He has to feel secure enough within himself and his relationship to allow her plenty of room and freedom to express herself in the way that feels most natural to her, without doubting her loyalty.
In turn, Libra has to get rid of her deep fear of conflict and must be willing to compromise and be considerate of the effects her flirtiness has on her partner. She needs to practice gently confronting and addressing what she perceives to be Cancer's clingy and insecure behavior in order to reach a mutual understanding.
Once these major issues are addressed, Libra and Cancer can happily ride off into the sunset as romantic life partners - enjoying a relationship filled with empathy, peace, beautiful experiences and harmony.
Featured image by Getty Images
- Cancer Compatibility Best Worst Matches Zodiac Signs - xoNecole: Lifestyle, Culture, Love, & Wellness ›
This article is in partnership with Sensodyne.
Our teeth are connected to so many things - our nutrition, our confidence, and our overall mood. We often take for granted how important healthy teeth are, until issues like tooth sensitivity or gum recession come to remind us. Like most things related to our bodies, prevention is the best medicine. Here are five things you can do immediately to improve your oral hygiene, prevent tooth sensitivity, and avoid dental issues down the road.
1) Go Easy On the Rough Brushing: Brushing your teeth is and always will be priority number one in the oral hygiene department. No surprises there! However, there is such a thing as applying too much pressure when brushing…and that can lead to problems over time. Use a toothbrush with soft bristles and brush in smooth, circular motions. It may seem counterintuitive, but a gentle approach to brushing is the most effective way to clean those pearly whites without wearing away enamel and exposing sensitive areas of the teeth.
2) Use A Desensitizing Toothpaste: As everyone knows, mouth pain can be highly uncomfortable; but tooth sensitivity is a whole different beast. Hot weather favorites like ice cream and popsicles have the ability to trigger tooth sensitivity, which might make you want to stay away from icy foods altogether. But as always, prevention is the best medicine here. Switching to a toothpaste like Sensodyne’s Sensitivity & Gum toothpaste specifically designed for sensitive teeth will help build a protective layer over sensitive areas of the tooth. Over time, those sharp sensations that occur with extremely cold foods will subside, and you’ll be back to treating yourself to your icy faves like this one!
3) Floss, Rinse, Brush. (And In That Order!): Have you ever heard the saying, “It’s not what you do, but how you do it”? Well, the same thing applies to taking care of your teeth. Even if you are flossing and brushing religiously, you could be missing out on some of the benefits simply because you aren’t doing so in the right order. Flossing is best to do before brushing because it removes food particles and plaque from places your toothbrush can’t reach. After a proper flossing sesh, it is important to rinse out your mouth with water after. Finally, you can whip out your toothbrush and get to brushing. Though many of us commonly rinse with water after brushing to remove excess toothpaste, it may not be the best thing for our teeth. That’s because fluoride, the active ingredient in toothpaste that protects your enamel, works best when it gets to sit on the teeth and continue working its magic. Rinsing with water after brushing doesn’t let the toothpaste go to work like it really can. Changing up your order may take some getting used to, but over time, you’ll see the difference.
4) Stay Hydrated: Upping your water supply is a no-fail way to level up your health overall, and your teeth are no exception to this rule. Drinking water not only helps maintain a healthy pH balance in your mouth, but it also washes away residue and acids that can cause enamel erosion. It also helps you steer clear of dry mouth, which is a gateway to bad breath. And who needs that?
5) Show Your Gums Some Love: When it comes to improving your smile, you may be laser-focused on getting your teeth whiter, straighter, and overall healthier. Rightfully so, as these are all attributes of a megawatt smile; but you certainly don’t want to leave gum health out of the equation. If you neglect your gums, you’ll start to notice the effects of plaque buildup, which can irritate the gums and cause gingivitis, the earliest stage of gum disease. Seeing blood while brushing and flossing is a tell-tale sign that your gums are suffering. You may also experience gum recession — a condition where the gum tissue surrounding your teeth pulls back, exposing more of your tooth. Brushing at least twice a day with a gum-protecting toothpaste like Sensodyne Sensitivity and Gum, coupled with regular dentist visits, will keep your gums shining as bright as those pearly whites.
Jackie Aina is the embodiment of Black girl luxury, and her crib is no exception. Located in a ritzy area in Los Angeles, CA, Jackie’s home is equipped with all the things every fancy girl needs: an upscale kitchen, elevator, and fabulous pool. Luckily for us, the YouTuber opened up her home with the ultimate house tour. In a video on Tayo Aina’s (no relation) YouTube channel, Jackie goes from room to room, showing us her interior design style while also dishing on her life and career.
Jackie began making beauty content on YouTube in 2009, and from there, she’s grown her empire through collaborations with makeup brands like Too Faced. Now, she is the co-founder of the candle company FORVR Mood. The former Army reservist is known for her colorful personality, but her home is the opposite, which is on purpose. “Personally, because I have such a big, bold, colorful personality, I like to dress big and bold, I want to be the color in my home,” she said. “I don’t want my home to be the color. I want you to see me.”
She continued, “I want the house to be calming, and I want the house to blend in. I don’t want it to attract too much attention.” Her home may not be screaming look at me, but it’s definitely giving quiet luxury. Check it out below:
Tayo Aina/ YouTube
Jackie revealed that she and her fiancé, Denis Asamoah, eat their meals at their breakfast nook daily.
Tayo Aina/ YouTube
“When my fiancé and I bought this house, I really wanted a double island kitchen, and the irony is like I don’t cook at all,” she said. Jackie explained that because she’s Black, African, and a woman, she’s expected to cook, and she doesn’t like doing what’s expected. “Why can’t I be good at other things? Like that doesn’t make me a woman if I don’t cook in the [kitchen].
Tayo Aina/ YouTube
The star of the family room is the big, L-shaped white couch, and according to the YouTube star, her couch is so comfy you can melt into it.
Tayo Aina/ YouTube
Jackie’s office houses the trophies and plagues that she received from YouTube and Shopify.
Tayo Aina/ YouTube
The entrepreneur’s backyard has the same feel as the inside of the house. It has a gigantic pool and comfortable seating. “I’m very big on enjoy it while you have it,” she said.
Let’s make things inbox official! Sign up for the xoNecole newsletter for daily love, wellness, career, and exclusive content delivered straight to your inbox.
Feature image by Tayo Aina/ YouTube