Cancer is a lover. Ruled by the Moon, this is one of the more sweet, devoted, caring, and emotional signs of the Zodiac. Cancers are no strangers to romance or the dynamics of a relationship, and this is a person who exemplifies a lot of what it takes to be a partner. They value their relationships in a way that makes others feel safe and taken care of, and they love to show their love through physical touch and acts of service.
Cancers wear their heart on their sleeve, and they are highly in tune with their emotions. This makes their relationship world a unique one, and they form bonds that are deep, committed, and thoughtful. Cancers tend to fall in love easily, but they will always have a plan at the end of the day. Their long-term goals in love are a forever type of relationship, and once they find that person, they are one of the most loving, affectionate, and sincere partners to have.
Being with a Cancer can either feel like true love or an emotional rollercoaster. With Cancer being a sensitive soul, a partner who can honor their emotions, understand where they are coming from, and balance them out like a Taurus, Scorpio, or Virgo, makes a good match for Cancer. However, someone like a Sagittarius or Gemini may find Cancer all too much to handle. Cancer loves hard, but they hurt even harder and can act emotionally irrationally if they don’t feel safe or loved in a relationship.
Cancer is known for their loyalty and devotion, but with their ability to love so quickly, they can also get themselves into some messy situations if they are not evolved in love. An evolved Cancer is the type of partner you dream about from a young age, however, and someone who is willing to love and take care of you forever.
CANCER + ARIES
Cancer and Aries are a dynamic duo. There is something about these two cardinal signs that just works at the end of the day. That isn’t to say everything is always perfect with this pairing, as when it’s bad here- it’s bad; however, if Cancer were to be with any fire sign, it’d be Aries. Aries picks up where Cancer leaves off. Cancer likes to handle the basics, build a nice home, and create a safe and loving atmosphere for the relationship. Aries is the initiator that makes things happen in the relationship, pushes things forward, and creates adventure. Aries initiates, and Cancer stabilizes, and they both provide what is needed for a relationship. These two are often very loyal to each other and the relationship they form.
CANCER + TAURUS
Cancer and Taurus are soulmates. Cancer does well with earth signs such as Taurus, and these two have a lot in common. These are two signs who are both concerned with stability, loyalty, and devotion in a relationship, and they are both willing to give each other this energy. This is the type of couple who likes to spend time at home, cook dinner together, keep things low-key, and is focused on building a life of luxury and comfort together. They easily fall into each other's lives, and it’s not difficult for them to see the commitment growing long-term. These two are people who are meant to be and who often end up walking down the aisle.
CANCER + GEMINI
Cancer and Gemini are not your typical match, and these two can feel that right away. These are people that are coming from opposite ends of the mind, and although they are right next to each other on the Zodiac Wheel, that’s about where their compatibility ends. This is a relationship that may be better left off in the working environment, friendship setting, or business-type atmosphere. Gemini helps Cancer see what their values are and what they want in life and is there to give them a boost of confidence. These two have fun learning more about each other, but at the end of the day, it often doesn’t go past that.
CANCER + CANCER
Cancer and Cancer together create an emotional whirlwind of a relationship. The good thing about being with someone with the same sign as you is that there is an underlying understanding of each other that you don’t find in some other pairings. These are two people who live by their hearts and who are not afraid to express their emotions or where they currently are with each other. They are both very caring toward one another, however, the thing with Cancer is their emotions can go from here to there, and if these two are in different moods and not on the same page emotionally, it can turn into chaos. Two water signs together either turn out beautiful or messy, and there is no in-between here.
CANCER + LEO
Cancer and Leo are the Moon and the Sun of the Zodiac, so there is a unique compatibility here. This is the energy of the divine feminine and divine masculine coming together as one, and they feel like they each have space to be themselves in the relationship. Leo admires the support that Cancer gives and brings into the relationship, and Cancer feels enamored by Leo’s warm light. This is a relationship that can be very healing for both of them and one where they often have a deep spiritual connection. However, at the end of the day, their differences may be too strong to keep things together in the long run, and it can be hard to find a mutual common ground here and common interests.
CANCER + VIRGO
Cancer and Virgo form a sweet, devoted couple. These two are a lot similar when it comes to who they are in a romantic relationship, and they are both givers. They love to be there for each other, and Cancer admires Virgo's selflessness, as this is a characteristic they see in themselves as well. This is a relationship that is often formed through friendship first, and these two typically meet while out socializing, through mutual friends, or on the internet. They are immediately drawn to each other, and Virgo loves how seemingly perfect they are in the eyes of Cancer. With Virgo's logic and Cancer’s heart, these two in a relationship are couple goals.
CANCER + LIBRA
Cancer and Libra are a duo that works when it works and doesn’t when it doesn’t. Physically, these two are often attracted to each other, but when it comes time to form a deeper bond, it can be hard for Libra to meet Cancer at the emotional level they are looking for. Libra likes to keep things light and go with the flow. Cancer doesn’t mind this energy but needs a love they can grasp. Libra is hard to pin down, and after some time, Cancer may get tired of trying to make something of the relationship when Libra is not matching the effort. At the end of the day, however, these signs are lovers, and the love they have can overcome here and make a relationship work.
CANCER + SCORPIO
Cancer and Scorpio are a match made in heaven when things are going well. These two have strong compatibility and create their own world together. Scorpio being the risk taker they are, feels like Cancer’s emotional world is a risk in itself, and whereas other people may be turned off by this type of energy, Scorpio is intrigued. Cancer feels safe with Scorpio, knowing they can be exactly who they are and be loved for it. Things can be shaky in the long run, however, as they both tend to jump into the relationship head first. Overall, they have a relationship that's loving, intuitive, and loyal, and if they can get over the emotional rollercoasters, then this will be a successful pairing.
CANCER + SAGITTARIUS
Cancer and Sagittarius are an odd pairing. This is one of Cancer’s least compatible partners, as well as Gemini and Aquarius. This relationship tends to work better in the working world or a business partnership, but when it comes to romance, Sagittarius likes to run, and Cancer is not one to chase. Cancer is all about home base and security and needs some type of stability in a relationship. Sagittarius is always off on the next adventure and typically lives a life that Cancer is not fond of. It can make it difficult to form a happy partnership, as they both want to do different things at different times. Nothing is impossible, however, especially when it comes to Sagittarius, and if they are willing to make things work, then anything can happen.
CANCER + CAPRICORN
Cancer and Capricorn are often described in Astrology as the Mom and the Dad. Cancer is ruled by the Moon, which represents the feminine mother energy. Capricorn is ruled by Saturn, which represents the masculine father energy. So, you can see how these two make a good match. Capricorn is everything Cancer is looking for in love, and their compatibility is strong. They both share a lot of the same values and need for stability in life, and they know what each other needs to make a relationship work because they both need a lot of the same things. Their strengths and weaknesses complement each other well, and these two have a lot of synergy together.
CANCER + AQUARIUS
Cancer and Aquarius like to push each other’s buttons. This isn’t a pairing that gets along right away or forms an immediate bond. Aquarius is interested in everything and everyone, so it’s not that Cancer doesn’t intrigue them, but Cancer’s ability to wear their emotions on their sleeve is something Aquarius doesn’t do well with. Aquarius has a broad mind, but Cancer is looking for a more emotional connection than a mental one, and this is where their major differences are. However, both of these signs have a level of compassion and understanding for each other that gives them a basic appreciation for the relationship. Aquarius can help Cancer get out of their shell and experience more life and people, and Cancer can help Aquarius get into their heart more and experience the beauty of their inner world.
CANCER + PISCES
Cancer and Pisces are both best friends and lovers. They have a lot of fun together and feel an immediate heart-based connection form once they meet. These are two people who don’t easily see faults in one another, and they tend to get into a relationship together rather quickly with rose-colored glasses. Once some stronger or deeper emotions arise in the relationship, things can change just as quickly as they began, however, balance and groundedness are extremely important in a water/water sign relationship to make things work. Overall, this is one of Cancers' best matches. They have a connection with mind, body, soul, and heart, and something like that is hard to beat.
Let’s make things inbox official! Sign up for the xoNecole newsletter for daily love, wellness, career, and exclusive content delivered straight to your inbox.
Featured image by Anchiy/Getty Images
- Cancer Man And Libra Woman Love Compatibility ›
- Libra Man And Cancer Woman Love Compatibility ›
- Cancer Woman And Virgo Man Love Compatibility ›
Tayler Barakat is a Mystic who has studied Astrology for over a decade. She does intuitive astrology and tarot readings for people all over the world, and her work focuses on healing and empowering individuals. Follow her on Instagram @taylerbarakat_ and check out her website www.listentothevirgo.com.
This article is in partnership with Sensodyne.
Our teeth are connected to so many things - our nutrition, our confidence, and our overall mood. We often take for granted how important healthy teeth are, until issues like tooth sensitivity or gum recession come to remind us. Like most things related to our bodies, prevention is the best medicine. Here are five things you can do immediately to improve your oral hygiene, prevent tooth sensitivity, and avoid dental issues down the road.
1) Go Easy On the Rough Brushing: Brushing your teeth is and always will be priority number one in the oral hygiene department. No surprises there! However, there is such a thing as applying too much pressure when brushing…and that can lead to problems over time. Use a toothbrush with soft bristles and brush in smooth, circular motions. It may seem counterintuitive, but a gentle approach to brushing is the most effective way to clean those pearly whites without wearing away enamel and exposing sensitive areas of the teeth.
2) Use A Desensitizing Toothpaste: As everyone knows, mouth pain can be highly uncomfortable; but tooth sensitivity is a whole different beast. Hot weather favorites like ice cream and popsicles have the ability to trigger tooth sensitivity, which might make you want to stay away from icy foods altogether. But as always, prevention is the best medicine here. Switching to a toothpaste like Sensodyne’s Sensitivity & Gum toothpaste specifically designed for sensitive teeth will help build a protective layer over sensitive areas of the tooth. Over time, those sharp sensations that occur with extremely cold foods will subside, and you’ll be back to treating yourself to your icy faves like this one!
3) Floss, Rinse, Brush. (And In That Order!): Have you ever heard the saying, “It’s not what you do, but how you do it”? Well, the same thing applies to taking care of your teeth. Even if you are flossing and brushing religiously, you could be missing out on some of the benefits simply because you aren’t doing so in the right order. Flossing is best to do before brushing because it removes food particles and plaque from places your toothbrush can’t reach. After a proper flossing sesh, it is important to rinse out your mouth with water after. Finally, you can whip out your toothbrush and get to brushing. Though many of us commonly rinse with water after brushing to remove excess toothpaste, it may not be the best thing for our teeth. That’s because fluoride, the active ingredient in toothpaste that protects your enamel, works best when it gets to sit on the teeth and continue working its magic. Rinsing with water after brushing doesn’t let the toothpaste go to work like it really can. Changing up your order may take some getting used to, but over time, you’ll see the difference.
4) Stay Hydrated: Upping your water supply is a no-fail way to level up your health overall, and your teeth are no exception to this rule. Drinking water not only helps maintain a healthy pH balance in your mouth, but it also washes away residue and acids that can cause enamel erosion. It also helps you steer clear of dry mouth, which is a gateway to bad breath. And who needs that?
5) Show Your Gums Some Love: When it comes to improving your smile, you may be laser-focused on getting your teeth whiter, straighter, and overall healthier. Rightfully so, as these are all attributes of a megawatt smile; but you certainly don’t want to leave gum health out of the equation. If you neglect your gums, you’ll start to notice the effects of plaque buildup, which can irritate the gums and cause gingivitis, the earliest stage of gum disease. Seeing blood while brushing and flossing is a tell-tale sign that your gums are suffering. You may also experience gum recession — a condition where the gum tissue surrounding your teeth pulls back, exposing more of your tooth. Brushing at least twice a day with a gum-protecting toothpaste like Sensodyne Sensitivity and Gum, coupled with regular dentist visits, will keep your gums shining as bright as those pearly whites.
An author by the name of Alexandra Katehakis once said this about orgasms: “Great spiritual teachers throughout the ages have stated that orgasm is the closest some people come to a spiritual experience because of the momentary loss of self. Why is this true? Because with spiritual sex, you move beyond orgasm into a connection with yourself, your partner, and the divine — recognizing them all as one.”
If it’s counterintuitive to what you’ve ever thought about orgasms, believe it or not, there are even pastors who have said that climaxing is the closest comprehension of heaven on this side of it: it is an extreme kind of bliss that is indescribable and is best experienced between two people who share a sacrificial kind of love for one another.
Although this might seem like a heavy way to intro this particular topic, because the O Method is an orgasm-achieving technique that centers around housing energy, embracing the mental practice of manifestation, and the attempt to achieve the best climaxes ever — it all works together pretty well if you ask me. If you want to take your orgasms to the next level, it’s important that you get out of yourself (to a certain extent), that you see the spiritual role that manifestation plays, and that you are open to trying new things. No doubt about it.
So, let’s learn more about what the O Method is all about and how it very well could be just what you’ve been looking for…even if you didn’t know it.
What Is the “O Method” All About?Giphy
Question: When’s the last time you’ve had an orgasm? Not just any orgasm — I mean a really mind-blowing one (I’ll give you a second to think about it). Now, what if you could manifest that experience to the point where it wasn’t a rare occurrence but something that happened almost every time that you and your partner had sex with each other? How absolutely awesome would that be?
That is pretty much what the O Method is all about — helping you achieve the kind of orgasms (and sexual pleasure, in general) that you desire through the practice of manifestation. And since your biggest sex organ is your brain, it would make perfect sense that even with all of the tips and techniques that you might learn to do as far as your body is concerned, honing in on what you think about is super imperative to sexual fulfillment, too. And that’s just where manifestation comes in.
What If You’ve Never “Manifested” Anything Before?Giphy
Before we get into a quick lesson on manifestation, I think it’s important to mention two things. One, for the cynics, there is a lot of truth in the fact that it’s got some solid spiritual basis to it because even the Good Book says that as a man thinketh in his heart, so is he (Proverbs 23:7). At the same time, that same Good Book tells us that faith without works is dead (James 2:14-26). So, while it is always a good idea to focus on good, positive, and productive thoughts, just thinking about them isn’t enough — at some point, you’ve also gotta get out here and DO something (bookmark that).
Okay, with that mini-sermon out of the way, whether it’s in the bedroom or not, manifestation is basically about focusing on something tangible that you desire, harnessing your energy in such a way that your words and actions are directed towards that longing until what you want, well, manifests. For the record, aside from this having a spiritual backing to it, in many ways, science cosigns on manifesting, too. There is actually a scientific process known as neuroplasticity that consists of reframing your mind so that your actions ultimately end up aligning with your goals — and that is another way to look at manifestation.
So, what if you’re someone who has never set out to do a manifestation practice before? No worries. Something that’s awesome about it is there are several different approaches that you can take.
Some people manifest what they want in their lives via:
- Visualization/Creating vision boards
- Writing down their desires before going to bed (so that they can “download” them into their dream state)
- Creating mantras and affirmations
- Applying the 369 Manifestation Method (you can learn more about that here)
- Learning more about what you want to manifest (which brings forth clarity)
This is important to keep in mind because, when it comes to manifesting the types of orgasms that you want to have, as you can see, you can try different manifestation methods until you find one (or ones) that you are truly comfortable with. One that can ease you into the entire process rather smoothly is something known as sex journaling.
How Sex Journaling Can Actually Help You to Have an OrgasmGiphy
As a writer, I’m a big fan of journaling. Mostly because it’s a way to get out some of your deepest thoughts and feelings so that you’re able to really process what is happening inside of you in a private setting. And when it comes to sex journaling, specifically, it’s all about centering yourself on the things sexually that you want to “unpack,” get clarity on or come to some revelations about. For instance, if there’s only been one partner from your past who’s been able to help you achieve the type of orgasms that you wish to manifest, journaling about what makes him different from the other guys can provide you with some solid ah-ha moments.
Or if you need help getting as specific as possible about the sexual experiences that you’re after, journaling can help to make that happen for you — because one thing that manifesting reminds us all to do is be as specific as possible.
Yeah, simply saying, “I want to have better sex” isn’t detailed enough when you want to get your energy to match with your desires — instead, describe how all of your senses should feel in the experience, along with why, that can get you so much closer to achieving your goal. Once those things are documented, you can segue into creating mantras and/or meditation that are based on them. Yeah, sex journaling really is an underrated superpower on a lot of levels (check out “The Art Of Sex Journaling (And Why You Should Do It)”).
5 Tips for Making the O Method Work for YouGiphy
Now that you know more about what the O Method is and how manifestation plays a direct role in its process, let’s talk about five ways to make the O Method truly effective in your own (sex) life.
1. Focus, FULLY, on your feminine energy. What do rose quartz, amethyst, moonstone (which is a Gemini birthstone as well; yes, I’m a Gemini), selenite, and rhodonite all have in common? They’re crystals that help you to go deeper into your divine feminine energy. Traits that are associated with this include compassion, creativity, kindness, gentleness, and sensuality (feminine energy is also accepting and forgiving). If you were to study energy from a biological standpoint, it’s about producing change, responding to stimuli, and having the ability to do what needs to be done (work). So, when it comes to manifesting the kind of orgasms or sexual experiences that you want, using things like your creativity and gentleness in your thoughts and actions can play a role in bringing balance to your partner’s masculinity, which can create a profound sense of pleasure — after all, opposites do attract.
2. Don’t hold back on what it is that you desire. Whenever I interview sex therapists, something that they all say is, a huge mistake that people make as far as sexual satisfaction is concerned is, they have walls up — not just with their partners but even within themselves. Sometimes, there is intimidation, fear, or even shame around what they really want to happen during sex to the point where they aren’t able to channel their energy fully in those directions in order to manifest what they want. For the O Method to work, you can’t let those types of negative emotions hinder you; the more you are able to articulate what you want and how you want it, the better chance you have of making it happen. So yes, get graphic. As graphic as possible.
3. Make manifestation a daily practice. Repetition is important when it comes to manifestation. That’s because the more you declare what you desire (a mantra), get still and think on it (meditation), or look at the “art” that you’ve created surrounding it (visualization), the quicker it becomes a part of you. So yes, make manifestation a daily practice. For instance, if one of your mantras is, “I am going to have intensely passionate orgasms, one right after the other,” don’t just state that 15 minutes before sex is going to happen. Wake up and declare it. Then say it on your lunch break. And again before turning in. The more your thoughts are “streamlined” in this way, the easier it will be for your body to follow suit.
4. Share this practice with your partner. If you were to do even more research on the O Method, one thing that most of the articles will mention is it’s a practice that you can do alone or with your partner. Indeed. However, I just want to make sure that you get into your psyche that great sex is, in part, about good communication. And so, the more comfortable you are sharing with your partner what you are doing as far as the O Method is concerned and what you ultimately want to happen as a result of the practice, the easier it will be for him to “match your energy” — both in and out of the bedroom. And when your partner is on the same page as you? That definitely increases the chances of attaining your sexual desires — exponentially so.
5. Stay in the moment. While I was reading one article on manifestation, I really appreciated something that the author said: manifestation isn’t some supernatural power. In other words, while it can be beneficial, it’s not like you can just think of something, and it instantly appears out of nowhere. Manifesting is a discipline, and it must be accompanied by action, consistency, and patience — this means that you must also practice mindfulness. Meaning, now that you know better what you’re looking to achieve as far as sex is concerned, every time that it transpires, maintain a level of positive energy, remember what your end goal is, and then determine in your mind to enjoy the moments as they come. Remember, manifestation isn’t to add stress…it’s to cultivate clarity.
At the end of the day, the O Method is simply a way of reminding you that your mind plays a huge role in your sexual pleasure, and when you channel it and your energy exactly where you want them both to go, you’ll be amazed what your body is capable of doing…and accomplishing.
So, what kind of orgasm are you wanting to achieve? You’ve got a tool to get you there. USE IT.
Let’s make things inbox official! Sign up for the xoNecole newsletter for daily love, wellness, career, and exclusive content delivered straight to your inbox.
Featured image by Giphy