Capricorn is one of the most loyal partners to have in life. Capricorns will never admit this but once they are in love or find someone they want to commit to, they are down bad. Capricorns thrive in stable environments, and they need this type of energy in their relationships as well. They aren’t the ones to rock the boat or make the relationship more difficult than it needs to be. You know exactly what you are getting when you get into a relationship with a Capricorn, and they aren’t too fond of change.
If you are someone Capricorn believes in, they will give all of their dedication and time to the relationship and will set goals here that help the relationship in the long haul and the success of it overall. Being in a relationship with a Capricorn is like being with someone who always has your back. Even if they don’t agree with something you are doing or want to do, they won’t put you on blast to others and tend to deal with challenges in private. Their respect for their partners in love is hard to shake, and once they commit to something, they see it as being a forever type thing.
However, Capricorn is a stubborn sign who is often stuck in their ways and it can be difficult for their partners to get them to understand their perspective or where they are coming from. Capricorns also isn’t the most emotional signs to be in a relationship with so if you are looking for public displays of affection, you are better off with a Leo. What Capricorn will provide, however, is something that will last the tests of time, something you can grasp, and a relationship built on mutual trust and stability.
Capricorn + Aries Love Compatibility
This pairing is the definition of a power couple. Capricorn and Aries individually are the bosses of the zodiac, and when they come together as a team they are truly unstoppable. If both of these signs are willing to put their egos aside for the sake of the happiness of the relationship then this can definitely work. What Capricorn wants in life, Aries wants as well. Being that they are cardinal signs, they both enjoy initiating projects, working toward something, and creating a legacy for themselves. However, Aries tend to get stuck at square one, and Capricorns also have a tendency for stagnation, and they could butt heads from time to time if they aren’t actively doing things for fun that they enjoy, and not keeping things too serious all the time.
Capricorn + Taurus Love Compatibility
Capricorn and Taurus are a match made in heaven. I don’t always ship same-element duos as I find they can get quite boring, but when it comes to earth signs, they do have a down-to-earth energy that works well together when it comes to the longevity of a relationship. Capricorn appreciates Taurus’ need for stability and security, as this is what Capricorn is looking for in companionship as well. This duo works because they are both going at the same pace and both enjoy the sensual nature they can provide for each other. This couple builds together and creates a nice, often luxurious life together.
Cavan Images/Getty Images
Capricorn + Gemini Love Compatibility
This is a match that rarely works out the way that’s intended. The thing about Gemini is that some people love what they are giving, and some are immediately turned off. Capricorn tends to be the sign that turns away from this air sign. Gemini is a sign you have to keep up with in a lot of ways romantically, and even though Capricorn is all about putting the work in, they are all about smart investments and don’t often see Gemini as being one. Gemini’s up-in-the-air qualities entice signs such as Libra or Leo, but when it comes to Capricorn, they want someone easier to grasp. Although this pairing can seem like fun at first, it rarely ends up at the altar.
Capricorn + Cancer Love Compatibility
This pairing is what I like to call the mom (Cancer) and the dad (Capricorn) of the zodiac. Capricorn’s dependable, loyal, and stable nature matches well with Cancer's nurturing, compassionate, and giving nature. These two are opposite signs, and opposites attract when it comes to both of them. There is more room for love and growth within this relationship than there is discord or discontent, and they often feel like they have met their match when they come together. This is a relationship where they both intuitively understand what each other needs and both naturally want to provide that. Although Cancer’s emotional mood swings can seem like a lot for an emotionally mature Capricorn, it's just what this earth sign needs to nurture the world they are creating for themselves.
Capricorn + Leo Love Compatibility
Capricorn and Leo can be another power couple if they are willing to grow together rather than separately, but this duo is hit or miss. Capricorns tend to be quite intrigued by the seemingly always-confident Leo, as they remind them of a part of themselves they often try to humble away. Leo helps Capricorn take their eyes away from climbing the mountain and enjoying what is in the moment. However, what Capricorn does best, which is ground energy, manifest, and stabilize, is something that Leo isn’t typically looking for in a romantic relationship. Leo needs more excitement than Capricorn is always willing to give, but through learning more about what each other wants and needs, this relationship can work out.
Fabio Formaggio/EyeEm/Getty Images
Capricorn + Virgo Love Compatibility
Capricorn and Virgo are a sweet couple. This is a couple that has history and that deeply values each other’s presence and perspective. Loyalty is what these two thrive on, and they are both willing to give it to each other. This earth sign duo is a couple that doesn’t ask for much but for love itself. They both have similar perspectives in life and in love, which keeps them on the same page. Being that these signs are both extremely hard-working, however, it can be difficult for them to put that same time and dedication into the relationship, and they’ll have to remember to take the time out for date nights and romantic ventures so the relationship doesn’t feel like another obligation in their life.
Capricorn + Libra Love Compatibility
This is a pairing you wouldn’t immediately assume is something magical, but it definitely can be for some. What brings these two together the most is their love of the finer things in life. Capricorn wants to build a beautiful life, Libra loves looking at beautiful things. They both value commitment and are both the type of signs to take their relationships in life seriously, and they enjoy knowing this about each other. Capricorn and Libra make great partners to have in life, and when they come together they can provide this sense of dedication to the relationship. If they can focus on their similarities more than their differences, they can be a great couple.
Capricorn + Scorpio Love Compatibility
This is a common pairing in love when it comes to Astrology. Not only do these two signs tend to be immediately drawn to each other, but they are often in the same spaces and environments that make meeting each other inevitable. Capricorn is intrigued by Scorpio and their mysterious nature, and Scorpio feels the same about Capricorn’s grounding and sensual energy. The sexual chemistry between these two is strong, and this is important to not only Scorpio but to Capricorn as well. These two have a lot in common and they both go at the same pace when it comes to relationships in life, making them feel extremely comfortable and open in each other’s presence.
Capricorn + Sagittarius Love Compatibility
Capricorn and Sagittarius' compatibility isn’t the strongest, but if other factors in the birth chart are there, this can work. Anything is possible, as they say. However, Sagittarius is a roller coaster Capricorn isn’t always down to ride. An evolved Sagittarius who is at that place in life where they are ready to commit and settle down can work for the stable Capricorn. Although, Sagittarius is typically looking for something different than what Capricorn is. Sagittarius lives day by day, and Capricorn needs a plan. If they can both lay everything out on the table and define the expectations of the relationship, there will be fewer disagreements and fallouts here. Sagittarius can teach Capricorn a lot and vice versa and there is always an underlying energy of love with the sign next to you on the zodiac wheel, after all.
Cavan Images/Getty Images
Capricorn + Capricorn Love Compatibility
These two earth signs coming together can either be a divine connection or a recipe for disaster. Capricorns are typically better off in a relationship with someone that can provide something different than they can because they like to feel needed and like they are providing something valuable to the relationship. By dating their sign, it can be hard to understand what they are bringing into the relationship, and will feel almost like the purpose isn’t there for them. What works here, however, is that Capricorn is a goal-oriented sign and this relationship can be one where they meet a lot of success in life together and a relationship that is rich in accomplishments and stature.
Capricorn + Aquarius Love Compatibility
You would think that Capricorn would stay away from such an air sign, but Capricorns are often very intrigued by aloof Aquarius. Capricorn and Aquarius are both ruled by Saturn which makes this relationship one where they take things step by step and evolve and grow together within the relationship. Capricorn appreciates Aquarius’ logical yet eccentric nature, and Aquarius finds Capricorn's down-to-earth nature comforting. These two have more similarities than most earth/air sign duos, and this is a homebody couple that enjoys spending time with each other or close loved ones, in safe environments. This is an easy-going pairing that doesn’t ask for much from each other but time.
Capricorn + Pisces Love Compatibility
Capricorn and Pisces is another soulmate pairing that you see often in marriage and committed relationships. Capricorn finds something sweet, romantic, and compatible about Pisces’ energy, and Pisces feels the same about Capricorn. This is a couple that wants to spend all their time together and nothing is forced here. They get into the relationship already on the same page and there is a lot of reciprocity here. Pisces helps Capricorn live in their heart more than their head and helps them see things with an open-minded view. Capricorn reminds Pisces of the importance of stability and security, and Pisces feels safe in this relationship. Commitment is easy for these two as they both want what the other is offering.
Let’s make things inbox official! Sign up for the xoNecole newsletter for daily love, wellness, career, and exclusive content delivered straight to your inbox.
Featured image by Drazen_/Getty Images
- This Is How Each Zodiac Sign Pairs With Scorpio In Matters Of The Heart ›
- The Power Couples In The Zodiac & Your Money Match Based On Astrology ›
- This Is How Each Zodiac Sign Pairs With Libra In Matters Of The Heart ›
- The Best And Worst Traits Of Men To Date By Their Zodiac Sign ›
Tayler Barakat is a Mystic who has studied Astrology for over a decade. She does intuitive astrology and tarot readings for people all over the world, and her work focuses on healing and empowering individuals. Follow her on Instagram @taylerbarakat_ and check out her website www.listentothevirgo.com.
This article is in partnership with Sensodyne.
Our teeth are connected to so many things - our nutrition, our confidence, and our overall mood. We often take for granted how important healthy teeth are, until issues like tooth sensitivity or gum recession come to remind us. Like most things related to our bodies, prevention is the best medicine. Here are five things you can do immediately to improve your oral hygiene, prevent tooth sensitivity, and avoid dental issues down the road.
1) Go Easy On the Rough Brushing: Brushing your teeth is and always will be priority number one in the oral hygiene department. No surprises there! However, there is such a thing as applying too much pressure when brushing…and that can lead to problems over time. Use a toothbrush with soft bristles and brush in smooth, circular motions. It may seem counterintuitive, but a gentle approach to brushing is the most effective way to clean those pearly whites without wearing away enamel and exposing sensitive areas of the teeth.
2) Use A Desensitizing Toothpaste: As everyone knows, mouth pain can be highly uncomfortable; but tooth sensitivity is a whole different beast. Hot weather favorites like ice cream and popsicles have the ability to trigger tooth sensitivity, which might make you want to stay away from icy foods altogether. But as always, prevention is the best medicine here. Switching to a toothpaste like Sensodyne’s Sensitivity & Gum toothpaste specifically designed for sensitive teeth will help build a protective layer over sensitive areas of the tooth. Over time, those sharp sensations that occur with extremely cold foods will subside, and you’ll be back to treating yourself to your icy faves like this one!
3) Floss, Rinse, Brush. (And In That Order!): Have you ever heard the saying, “It’s not what you do, but how you do it”? Well, the same thing applies to taking care of your teeth. Even if you are flossing and brushing religiously, you could be missing out on some of the benefits simply because you aren’t doing so in the right order. Flossing is best to do before brushing because it removes food particles and plaque from places your toothbrush can’t reach. After a proper flossing sesh, it is important to rinse out your mouth with water after. Finally, you can whip out your toothbrush and get to brushing. Though many of us commonly rinse with water after brushing to remove excess toothpaste, it may not be the best thing for our teeth. That’s because fluoride, the active ingredient in toothpaste that protects your enamel, works best when it gets to sit on the teeth and continue working its magic. Rinsing with water after brushing doesn’t let the toothpaste go to work like it really can. Changing up your order may take some getting used to, but over time, you’ll see the difference.
4) Stay Hydrated: Upping your water supply is a no-fail way to level up your health overall, and your teeth are no exception to this rule. Drinking water not only helps maintain a healthy pH balance in your mouth, but it also washes away residue and acids that can cause enamel erosion. It also helps you steer clear of dry mouth, which is a gateway to bad breath. And who needs that?
5) Show Your Gums Some Love: When it comes to improving your smile, you may be laser-focused on getting your teeth whiter, straighter, and overall healthier. Rightfully so, as these are all attributes of a megawatt smile; but you certainly don’t want to leave gum health out of the equation. If you neglect your gums, you’ll start to notice the effects of plaque buildup, which can irritate the gums and cause gingivitis, the earliest stage of gum disease. Seeing blood while brushing and flossing is a tell-tale sign that your gums are suffering. You may also experience gum recession — a condition where the gum tissue surrounding your teeth pulls back, exposing more of your tooth. Brushing at least twice a day with a gum-protecting toothpaste like Sensodyne Sensitivity and Gum, coupled with regular dentist visits, will keep your gums shining as bright as those pearly whites.
Imma tell y’all what — it seems like not one week goes by when I don’t see some sort of so-called term that has me like, “What in the world?” For instance, when I first stumbled upon “self-partnering,” honestly, I laughed. Then shared it with some other single people as well as married folks I know. And I kid you not, every individual was like, “What the heck does that mean?” When I told them that it was yet, one more way to seemingly define single living, basically everyone’s follow-up was, “Oh, brother.”
Why can’t (more) singles just be single and be okay with that? Good Lord. Why does there need to be some sort of relational play-on-words to make it sound like we’re with someone — even if we’re not?
Now masterdating? Even though it’s not even close to being a “real” word, it’s something that also brought a laugh outta me — although it was then followed by a genuine smile. The laugh because I almost immediately caught the play-on-words. The smile was due to the intention behind it all.
If you’re not familiar with what masterdating is and you’re curious about why you should even care, take a few moments to at least skim through what it’s about and why I think participating, as a single person, is a pretty cool (and effective) concept.
Masturdate: a date w oneself
What’s Masterdating All About?
Masterdating. Okay, so let the word marinate for just a moment. What does it sound like? Yeah…exactly. And since a huge part of masturbation centers around self-pleasure, it’s cool to explore how “self-dating” could produce similar (as far as pleasure is concerned in a broader sense) results. Because masterdating is all about spending quality time with yourself, pampering yourself, treating yourself— and yes, taking yourself out on dates.
Any of you who may think that masterdating is a consolation prize — and a pitiful one at that — for not being able to go out with another human being or get that dream $200 first date that social media was all in a tizzy about last year (bookmark that) — personally, I think that you’re the demographic who needs to try out masterdating first and the most. Why? Off top, I’ll share my three good reasons.
3 Reasons To Strongly Consider Masterdating
1. It’s an intimate way to get to know yourself better. I’ve been working with couples for a pretty long time at this point and if there’s a pattern that I see arise, OFTEN, it’s that two people are oftentimes so busy trying to “find their person” that they didn’t even know who they were. As a direct result, they found themselves in a relationship with someone who only complemented the “kiddie pool version” of who they were.
That’s why it can be so beneficial to spend time getting to know yourself on the “deep end” of things: what makes you tick, what your passions are, what you want most out of life, what are your interests beyond obvious things — and masterdating can help you to discover all of this. Whether it’s traveling alone or taking out a weekend to drink some wine and journal, the more you get to know yourself, the clearer you’ll be about who complements you on a romantic and friendship level.
2. It will definitely help to boost your confidence levels. I guess since I’m an ambivert, I don’t really get why people freak out at the mere thought of going to a restaurant or movie alone. Personally, I think it requires a helluva lot more energy and gumption to wait around and plan stuff with other people (#Elmoshrug). However, whether you’re an introvert, extrovert, or ambivert, there’s no way around the fact that the more comfortable you get with doing things alone, the more your confidence levels will increase — no, soar — because of it.
One article that I read on the topic said that doing things alone can make you more creative, improve your mental health, and help you to be totally okay with being alone (so that you’re not “needy” for other people’s attention). A psychotherapist from a New York Times article on the benefits of spending time alone said, “Getting better at identifying moments when we need solitude to recharge and reflect can help us better handle negative emotions and experiences, like stress and burnout.” And when you’re able to stare negativity in its face without flinching, how could that not make you bolder, more self-secure, and hopeful about your life?
3. It will teach you to value your time more effectively. In every facet of your world, you’re gonna operate from a healthier place if you’re operating from a “full cup” rather than an empty one. When it comes to this topic, think about it — if you’re constantly waiting on someone to call you to go out or wishing for a dream date with some guy, all you’re doing is wasting precious time that you could be spending taking a cooking class or hell, hiring a chef to make you dinner at your own home.
Indeed, waiting has two sides to it: when it’s in the form of patience, it is indeed a virtue, yet when it’s wrapped up in the notion that you’re not really living life unless you have an audience…it is totally working against you. Choose wisely.
10 Solo Date Ideas To Help You To “Master” Masterdating
So, what if you’re someone who has either never considered actually masterdating before or you don’t really know what to do beyond dinner and the movies? Here are a few ideas to consider:
1. Attend a workshop or masterclass that you’re interested in. If there’s something that you’ve always wanted to learn, sign up for a workshop or masterclass. The cool thing about this option is there are probably some in your city, as well as some that you can find online (like here) that are convenient and affordable.
2. Binge-read at a local coffee shop. Aside from their coziness and oftentimes inviting scents, I once read that a lot of us gravitate to coffee shops because we can be around people without having to actually socialize with them. So, if you want to “hang out” while still being able to enjoy a bit of solitude, take a book that you’ve been trying to finish to a local coffee shop, order your favorite latte, and sit in a big-ass comfy chair. Usually, you can sit there for hours, and the staff will be just fine with it (another bonus).
3. Have a spa day in the next town. You can never go wrong with a spa day. And while going with a friend can be fun, sometimes there’s too much talking transpiring to be able to fully chill out and relax. So, go off of the grid, get a change of scenery, and hit up a spa in the next city (or town). There are lots of studies out here supporting that day trips or “daycations” can actually be really good for your long-term health and well-being.
4. See a community play. Some of the best solo dates that I’ve ever been on consisted of taking in some of the local arts in my city. What’s really cool about this particular option is, oftentimes, they are extremely inexpensive, if not totally free of charge (in exchange for making a donation or putting money into a tip jar).
5. Plan a trip. Whenever people say something along the lines of, “If you don’t expect anything, you won’t be disappointed,” I know that they low-key have some (additional) healing to do from past disappointments. There’s simply too much intel out here to support that anticipation (of good stuff) makes us more motivated and optimistic, keeps our dopamine levels up, and makes life more exciting overall.
Since traveling alone is more cost-effective, gives you the freedom to do whatever you want (when you want), and increases the possibility of meeting new people and having new experiences on your journey — why not devote a day this weekend to planning a solo trip? All the way around, it’s good for you.
6. Try your hand at your own “$200 date.” Uh-huh. Roll your eyes if you want to, but it’s real easy to talk left about how a man should be able to just drop $200 like it’s nothing…until you actually try to do it. So yes, while taking yourself out on this type of date could serve as a bit of a reality check, it can also “scratch the itch” of waiting on some dude to do it for you. It’s also way less emotionally draining because, at least when you’re taking your own self out, it’s guaranteed that you’ll enjoy the company…right?
7. DIY some pampering. When you get a chance, check out “5 Reasons You Should Unapologetically Pamper Yourself,” “Want To Love On Yourself? Try These 10 Things At Home.,” “I’ve Got Some Ways For You To Start Pampering Your Soul,” and “When's The Last Time You Actually Pampered Your Vagina?” The bottom line here is pampering is all about, not mere self-maintenance; it’s all about treating yourself to levels of EXTREME SELF-INDULGENCE. So, if nothing else tickles your fancy on this list, at least consider doing that, chile.
8. Feed your creativity. Something that I used to be really good at is art. That said, one of my goddaughters is insanely talented, so she has reminded me to tap back into it. Also, a big part of what got me into the writing world is poetry; I actually used to be a house poet at a local spot. Sometimes, my best quality time moments with myself have been revisiting these creative sides of me — and this is definitely easier to do (and enjoy) alone.
9. Try some stargazing. When’s the last time you took a blanket into your backyard, laid down on it, and just stared at the stars for hours on end? While some say that stargazing can teach you to be mindful, others say that being in that form of nature reduces stress, while others believe that looking up at the universe at night can increase your attention span. All solid reasons to give it a shot, if you ask me.
10. DO. ABSOLUTELY. NOTHING. Let me tell you something that nobody will ever be able to make me feel bad about: doing absolutely nothing. I’ve got data to back me up. Good Housekeeping shares that doing nothing can help you decide how you want to respond or react to certain things. I like howThe Guardian says that taking this approach helps you to regain control of what you give your attention to.
TIME magazine says that it can ultimately make you more productive.BBC offers up that it can help you tap into your ingenuity.Henry Ford Health says that it can make you kinder and a better problem-solver. So, if you want to invest in yourself, do nothing sometimes.
Closing Thoughts from the Lovely Javicia Leslie
While some of y'all may know Javicia Leslie from being the former Batwoman, I discovered her back in the day from the indie series Chef Julian (and yes, "Julian" was right to say that "Mo" looks like Tatyana Ali...the real ones know). Sometimes I'll hop on her IG to see what she's got going on and this story popped up within a few hours of me penning this...so, I took it as hella confirmation.
TREAT YO SELF. WAIT FOR NO ONE.
WAIT FOR NO ONE. TREAT YO SELF.
RINSE AND REPEAT.
Sooo…what kind of masterdating plans do you have for this coming weekend? While going out with others has its perks, hanging out with yourself has a ton of ‘em too. Enjoy!
No…for real. ENJOY!
Let’s make things inbox official! Sign up for the xoNecole newsletter for daily love, wellness, career, and exclusive content delivered straight to your inbox.
Featured image by FOTOGRAFIA, INC./Getty Images