In Astrology, everybody has a sister sign, the zodiac sign located in the exact opposite position of your sign on the Zodiac Wheel. This energy represents someone who is the complete opposite of you, yet someone you are often drawn to. Sister signs can be explained as the 'yin and yang.'
When you put two sister signs together, you will find that traits that one sign has are not often found in the other, making these two signs a good match because they both have what each other needs. A Virgo, for example, is a more logical being and isn’t up for too much fantasy or escapism in life. Their opposite sign Pisces, however, is all about dreaming the dream. When you put these two signs together, Virgo helps Pisces ground their energy and turn their dreams into reality, and Pisces helps Virgo let go more and enjoy the moment.
Opposites attract and this sign is going to be one of your biggest teachers in life. The relationship between opposite signs can be either soulmate energy or very challenging if both parties aren’t willing to look at their reflection, and learn from each other.
The Sister Signs of the Zodiac
When you meet your sister sign or come into contact with them, it’s often a very karmic experience and a fated type of energy. You will find some similarities with your sister sign. For example, you and your sister sign will both have the same modalities.
Aries and Libra are opposite each other on the Zodiac Wheel but they also both happen to be cardinal signs. Cancer and Capricorn are sister signs that are cardinal signs as well. The relationship and experience between your opposite sign on the Zodiac Wheel are unlike anything else, and when these two come together, there is a sense of wholeness and union.
The Sister Signs: Aries and Libra
With all fire and air sign duos, natural compatibility and synergy are at play. Aries brings passion, and Libra brings love. Being both cardinal signs, these two are natural indicators, however, they do so in different ways. Aries takes action from a space of inspiration and instinct, Libra from a place of logic and fairness. Aries and Libra may just be the sister signs that are the least alike.
Aries, ruled by Mars, and Libra, ruled by Venus, signify the different balance between masculine and feminine energy. Aries rules the 1st house of self, and Libra the 7th house of partnership, which is all about balancing the individual with the individual's need for connection. When these two are on the same page, however, this is a powerful dynamic, and an unstoppable force these two can make together.
The Sister Signs: Taurus and Scorpio
Taurus and Scorpio partnerships are a common pairing you see in love. These two are a lot alike when it comes to relationship values and goals in life, and they are dedicated soulmates. Loyalty is very important to these fixed signs, and these relationships often last the long haul. Taurus helps Scorpio ground all of their energy and use it in constructive ways. Scorpio provides Taurus with some extra spice of life and shows Taurus the emotional security they are looking for.
Even in platonic relationships, this pairing tends to thrive as they have a similar outlook and experience of life. They may be on the opposite sides of the Zodiac Wheel, but these two know how to meet in the middle.
The Sister Signs: Gemini and Sagittarius
Gemini and Sagittarius are a mutable sister sign duo. This pairing is all about having fun and expressing themselves. Gemini and Sagittarius in many other pairings often feel misunderstood, but these two match energy. Being both explorers of life, Gemini’s inner curiosity, and Sagittarius’ need to know more, makes for not only good conversation but exciting experiences together as well.
These two know how to keep up with each other and although if you ask them they would say they are completely different from each other, they tend to behave in similar manners. Through Sagittarius’ optimism and wisdom, Gemini expands their own mind. Through Gemini’s joy of life and creation, Sagittarius finds a new sense of purpose.
The Sister Signs: Cancer and Capricorn
Cancer and Capricorn can be explained as the Mom and Dad of Astrology. These opposite signs both value tradition, history, and legacy, and together they form a solid foundation in life. These signs learn a lot from each other and come together in a way that is both supportive and encouraging. Being cardinal signs, this duo is goal-oriented and they take charge of their life and the quality of it. In romantic relationships, they tend to have a nice life together that goes the distance.
These two know the importance of working together as partners, and there is a good balance between the give and take. The Cancer/Capricorn axis signifies the 4th house (Cancer) of home and the 10th house (Capricorn) of social status. They both provide each other with a new world to grow in.
The Sister Signs: Leo and Aquarius
This sister sign pair takes center stage in life. Aquarius and Leo's compatibility is either a hit or miss, as they are either immediately fond of each other or repulsed. Aquarius would never admit how similar they are to Leo, however, and that even their lone wolf sign loves to be in the spotlight from time to time. This pairing values authenticity and being their unique selves, and it’s what attracts so many to them.
If they are both in their confident and best selves, then they will encourage this energy from each other, however, if not watch out for, egos can often clash here. These two are set in their ways and aren’t fond of compromise, which is needed sometimes in a relationship. All in all, these two are visionaries, and this is a really fun and dynamic pairing.
The Sister Signs: Virgo and Pisces
Virgo and Pisces are a sweet sister sign duo. These two are natural givers, and they do so in different ways. Virgo’s love language is acts of service, while Pisces is more of a quality time type of love. Virgo views the world in a logical sense, and Pisces loves to get lost in the fantasy. Putting that energy together is the perfect recipe for manifestation and they create magic in their lives when together.
They both provide what each other needs and that is what makes this partnership long-lasting. The differences, however, can be too heavy in this pairing for some, as Pisces' love for getting lost can be too much for Virgo’s need to know. Being that they are both mutable signs and have an innate sense of flexibility, however, there is usually a good flow here and they balance each other out.
Let’s make things inbox official! Sign up for the xoNecole newsletter for daily love, wellness, career, and exclusive content delivered straight to your inbox.
Featured image by SolStock/Getty Images
- Taurus Scorpio In Love, Sex, Relationships, Break Up - xoNecole: Lifestyle, Culture, Love, & Wellness ›
Tayler Barakat is a Mystic who has studied Astrology for over a decade. She does intuitive astrology and tarot readings for people all over the world, and her work focuses on healing and empowering individuals. Follow her on Instagram @taylerbarakat_ and check out her website www.listentothevirgo.com.
This article is in partnership with Sensodyne.
Our teeth are connected to so many things - our nutrition, our confidence, and our overall mood. We often take for granted how important healthy teeth are, until issues like tooth sensitivity or gum recession come to remind us. Like most things related to our bodies, prevention is the best medicine. Here are five things you can do immediately to improve your oral hygiene, prevent tooth sensitivity, and avoid dental issues down the road.
1) Go Easy On the Rough Brushing: Brushing your teeth is and always will be priority number one in the oral hygiene department. No surprises there! However, there is such a thing as applying too much pressure when brushing…and that can lead to problems over time. Use a toothbrush with soft bristles and brush in smooth, circular motions. It may seem counterintuitive, but a gentle approach to brushing is the most effective way to clean those pearly whites without wearing away enamel and exposing sensitive areas of the teeth.
2) Use A Desensitizing Toothpaste: As everyone knows, mouth pain can be highly uncomfortable; but tooth sensitivity is a whole different beast. Hot weather favorites like ice cream and popsicles have the ability to trigger tooth sensitivity, which might make you want to stay away from icy foods altogether. But as always, prevention is the best medicine here. Switching to a toothpaste like Sensodyne’s Sensitivity & Gum toothpaste specifically designed for sensitive teeth will help build a protective layer over sensitive areas of the tooth. Over time, those sharp sensations that occur with extremely cold foods will subside, and you’ll be back to treating yourself to your icy faves like this one!
3) Floss, Rinse, Brush. (And In That Order!): Have you ever heard the saying, “It’s not what you do, but how you do it”? Well, the same thing applies to taking care of your teeth. Even if you are flossing and brushing religiously, you could be missing out on some of the benefits simply because you aren’t doing so in the right order. Flossing is best to do before brushing because it removes food particles and plaque from places your toothbrush can’t reach. After a proper flossing sesh, it is important to rinse out your mouth with water after. Finally, you can whip out your toothbrush and get to brushing. Though many of us commonly rinse with water after brushing to remove excess toothpaste, it may not be the best thing for our teeth. That’s because fluoride, the active ingredient in toothpaste that protects your enamel, works best when it gets to sit on the teeth and continue working its magic. Rinsing with water after brushing doesn’t let the toothpaste go to work like it really can. Changing up your order may take some getting used to, but over time, you’ll see the difference.
4) Stay Hydrated: Upping your water supply is a no-fail way to level up your health overall, and your teeth are no exception to this rule. Drinking water not only helps maintain a healthy pH balance in your mouth, but it also washes away residue and acids that can cause enamel erosion. It also helps you steer clear of dry mouth, which is a gateway to bad breath. And who needs that?
5) Show Your Gums Some Love: When it comes to improving your smile, you may be laser-focused on getting your teeth whiter, straighter, and overall healthier. Rightfully so, as these are all attributes of a megawatt smile; but you certainly don’t want to leave gum health out of the equation. If you neglect your gums, you’ll start to notice the effects of plaque buildup, which can irritate the gums and cause gingivitis, the earliest stage of gum disease. Seeing blood while brushing and flossing is a tell-tale sign that your gums are suffering. You may also experience gum recession — a condition where the gum tissue surrounding your teeth pulls back, exposing more of your tooth. Brushing at least twice a day with a gum-protecting toothpaste like Sensodyne Sensitivity and Gum, coupled with regular dentist visits, will keep your gums shining as bright as those pearly whites.
The Libra woman and Aries man are the divine feminine and divine masculine, coming together as one. The love compatibility between these two is one for the books. These two are opposite signs, however, their differences tend to complement each other well. This is a dynamic relationship where they know how to have a lot of fun together, but also aren’t afraid to deal with the more serious stuff that comes with a relationship.
The Libra woman is looking for her equal in love, someone who is willing to put in the same effort she is, and the Aries man sees Libra as someone he is willing to do that with.
The Love Compatibility Of A Libra Woman And An Aries Man
What attracts a Libra woman and an Aries man to each other?
There is a magnet of attraction pulling these two together, and things tend to move pretty fast in this relationship. The Libra woman is always open to love and her charming nature rarely has any challenges here. The Aries man fights for his independence and doesn’t sacrifice that unless he is completely enamored with someone.
Once the Aries man catches the eye of the Libra woman, he is typically the one to make the first move and this instantly wins the approval of Libra.
These two feel like they have known each other forever when they meet, and this spark between them doesn’t die down easily.
Hero Images Inc/Getty Images
What is the relationship like between a Libra woman and an Aries man?
The relationship between the Libra woman and the Aries man is one of balance and excitement. The Aries man tends to take on the more dominant role in this relationship and the Libra woman tends to be the more receptive one. Aries is ruled by masculine Mars, and Libra is ruled by feminine Venus. They understand they are coming from two completely different worlds, yet they also instinctively feel this underlying connection to each other and like they could be something each other needs in their lives.
The Libra woman can rely on the Aries man, and the Aries man never has to ask for the love that Libra already knows he needs.
This is a couple that is often reading each other’s minds and wanting to do a lot of the same things. However, not everything is rainbow in this relationship as well, and there are some major differences they have to overcome to make things work. One argument can lead to an explosion between these two, and addressing things when they come up rather than sweeping them under the rug, will be needed to make this relationship long-term.
What is the sex like between a Libra woman and an Aries man?
The sex between a Libra woman and an Aries man is adventurous. These are two cardinal signs with plenty of energy and stamina to keep things exciting in the bedroom. There tends to be a good give and take in this relationship, and their yin and yang energy benefits them when it comes to their sex life.
There is electricity felt between the two of them in this area of their life, and their power of attraction to each other is strong. These are two people who will want to do a lot of things together, including exploring sexually together.
The Aries man will have to be careful with being overly aggressive, however, as the soft Libra woman may not like this energy- it will completely depend on the two individuals at hand. The Libra woman wants to ease into things, the Aries man wants to get going right away. Learning about each other's bodies, and energy, and reading each other’s cues will help with this.
Petri Oeschger/Getty Images
What makes a relationship between a Libra woman and an Aries man work?
These two genuinely like each other, and that basis is a key factor for success in any relationship. The Aries man is straight to the point, direct, and inspired. The Libra woman admires these characteristics in others, as she is often herself finding her balance in this type of energy as well. Neither sign is overly emotional in a way that turns them off, and they both require a lot of the same things in a committed relationship. They want honesty, fun, good communication, passion, and to be moving towards a common goal together.
The Libra woman and Aries man don’t have a problem being real with each other and this is something they really value within the relationship. They are both very charming, and there is plenty of flirtation and attraction to keep this relationship going. Aries being the protector they are, Libra finds a sense of safety and ease in this energy, and like they have found their match. Overall, this is a well-balanced relationship and one where they don’t have a problem when it comes to compatibility or chemistry in the relationship.
What may cause a Libra woman and an Aries man to break up?
Libra is the lover, Aries is the fighter, and this energy may be tiring for the both of them after time. The Libra woman can be passive to a fault, and the Aries man who is not evolved, may take advantage of that. She will need to be careful with putting Aries’ needs above her own, creating resentment later down the road. The Aries man loves a challenge, and the Libra woman would be up for that game for a little bit, but if she is not being met in the middle, she will begin to look for other places. These two can have a difficult time keeping the peace in the relationship, and there could be a lot of arguments and disagreements here if they both aren’t willing to put their egos or self-pleasing attitudes to the side.
The Libra woman and Aries man are both more sensitive than they appear or come off as. They are also not necessarily the type to dive deep into their emotions and express them to others, even in their relationships. However, this energy can keep the relationship to a surface level than what is needed to progress and grow the relationship, and a sense of openness is required for this couple to work. Libra needs romance, she wants to be wowed. Aries needs to remember this and to always consider her love language.
Overall, this is a successful pairing. They will have their fair share of challenges in the relationship, but nothing they can’t overcome if they are willing to. The trouble will come in when it comes to the longevity of the relationship, keeping Aries excited and Libra in love. However, all in all, there is more power, attraction, and love to keep this relationship together rather than apart. No relationship is perfect, but this one is a little more blessed than most.
Let’s make things inbox official! Sign up for the xoNecole newsletter for daily love, wellness, career, and exclusive content delivered straight to your inbox.
Featured image by Weekend Images Inc./Getty Images