I remember my first orgasm like it was yesterday. Similar to how you never forget your first kiss, you always remember your first orgasm. It is cemented in your memory forever. My first orgasm was the most magical thing I’ve ever experienced. I literally saw the heavens open and heard angels singing from up above. Up until that point orgasms were like seeing a good Madea movie, I heard they existed but I ain’t never seen one. I couldn’t quite put my finger on the issue. I was having plenty of sex but the Big O I kept hearing so much about kept bypassing me.
It wasn’t until I learned about my body and what turned me on that I experienced my first orgasm; it was a clitoral orgasm. Penis alone rarely got the job done for me, I always needed some type of clitoral stimulation and according to research, I wasn’t alone. About 70% of women need clitoral stimulation to orgasm. The clitoris is composed of 8,000 nerve endings, which is about 2,000 more than the tip of the penis, plus it is the only organ in the human body designed purely for pleasure. So, it makes all the sense in the world that most women would need clitoral stimulation to orgasm. It’s how our bodies are designed.
But wait, there’s more! Did you know that in addition to clitoral, there are 11 different types of orgasms that women can experience? You could literally attempt to have a different type of orgasm every day for almost two weeks without repeating one. Some orgasms solely focus on the vagina while others allow you to feel pleasure in ways you never knew existed. Why limit yourself when you can taste all the colors of the orgasmic rainbow?
From clitoral orgasms to nipple orgasms and all the places in between, here are all the kinds of orgasms the female body is capable of.
G-spot orgasms are the most coveted orgasm of them all yet not always the easiest to experience. The G-spot is located about two to three inches inside the vagina and feels a little bit spongy. Pressing this spot gently and stroking it lightly is the best way to stimulate this area. When sexually aroused, the G-spot will fill with blood and swell up with fluid. Touching it in a way that feels good to you with fingers, your partner's penis (or strap), a dildo, or a vibrator can trigger what many women describe as deeply intense, that in most cases trigger squirting.
The Anterior Fornix Orgasm aka “second G-spot” is located above the cervix and is achieved by deep penetration. About four to five inches in the vagina is sensitive tissue near the inner front end of the vaginal tube. This area generally does not become too sensitive after orgasm so it can be continued to be stimulated.
This kind of female orgasm comes from stimulating a small area of sensitive erectile tissue located on either side of the urethral opening. It is in the small area between the urethra and the vagina. This spot can be stimulated with the tongue, fingers, or tip of the penis or dildo.
Did you know that most women can climax if their nipples are stimulated properly? Nipples are major erogenous zones; they're loaded with nerve endings and super-sensitive skin. When the nipples are stimulated, oxytocin is released, which causes the same vaginal contractions associated with orgasm. This brings more blood flow to the genitals and can trigger an orgasm.
I know that most of us have our reservations when it comes to anal sex; but, if done properly, a butt orgasm can be just as powerful as a clitoral one. Because the anus and rectum are so close to the vagina and clitoris—and are connected by a thin stretch of tissue called the perineum—they share many of the same nerves and muscles, including the pelvic floor muscle. The pelvic floor muscle is highly sensitive for many women, and stimulating it can trigger a vaginal orgasm. All that’s needed is a lot of preparation and tons of lube!
A blended orgasm is like ‘the best of both worlds.' It’s a climax that happens when more than one erogenous zone is being stimulated at the same time. G-spot penetration along with clitoral stimulation is one way to experience a blended orgasm, but it could also come from vaginal penetration along with clitoral, nipple, or anal stimulation.
Coregasms are orgasms that are triggered by exercise. It isn’t one of the toe-curling, mind-blowing orgasms you read about in books either. Although this is something I’ve never experienced, a study from Indiana University found that 370 of 530 women surveyed had experienced orgasm or sexual pleasure while working out, usually from core-based exercises.
The sheer power of the brain means that anyone can orgasm while they sleep. Orgasms happen in the brain, and the brain is quite active at night. In your sleep, your mind can freely explore your sexual fantasies without feeling rushed or judged. This can turn you on so much that you can end up having an orgasm without even touching yourself.
Also known as a “c-spot orgasm” involves nerve endings located in the cervix and around the uterus. Cervical orgasms are best achieved during deep vaginal penetration such as doggy-style. Cervical orgasms have been reported as very intense, full-body orgasms that begin in the cervix and spread through the entire abdomen or even the whole body.
10. Kissing orgasm:
According to the Kama Sutra, passionate kissing can spark an orgasm for both men and women. It states that a woman’s mouth mirrors her genitals, with the lips like the labia, the cupid’s bow like the clitoris, and the roof of the mouth like the G-spot. Our lips are also full of nerve endings, similar to the nipples and the clitoris. The roof of the mouth is said to be one of the most neglected erogenous zones, so by gently rubbing and flicking it with your tongue, it has the potential to stimulate an orgasm.
11. Multiple orgasms:
Not to be confused with blended orgasms, multiple orgasms are orgasms that happen one right after the other, with no prolonged stopping in between. These are more common in women and less common in men. Many people find multiple orgasms easier to achieve with a partner because they find it difficult to continue stimulation on their own after one orgasm.
Let’s make things inbox official! Sign up for the xoNecole newsletter for daily love, wellness, career, and exclusive content delivered straight to your inbox.
Featured image by Adene Sanchez/Getty Images
- My Orgasms Are Inconsistent, Why? - xoNecole: Women's Interest ... ›
- What Is Anorgasmia? What Should You Do If You Have It ... ›
This article is in partnership with Sensodyne.
Our teeth are connected to so many things - our nutrition, our confidence, and our overall mood. We often take for granted how important healthy teeth are, until issues like tooth sensitivity or gum recession come to remind us. Like most things related to our bodies, prevention is the best medicine. Here are five things you can do immediately to improve your oral hygiene, prevent tooth sensitivity, and avoid dental issues down the road.
1) Go Easy On the Rough Brushing: Brushing your teeth is and always will be priority number one in the oral hygiene department. No surprises there! However, there is such a thing as applying too much pressure when brushing…and that can lead to problems over time. Use a toothbrush with soft bristles and brush in smooth, circular motions. It may seem counterintuitive, but a gentle approach to brushing is the most effective way to clean those pearly whites without wearing away enamel and exposing sensitive areas of the teeth.
2) Use A Desensitizing Toothpaste: As everyone knows, mouth pain can be highly uncomfortable; but tooth sensitivity is a whole different beast. Hot weather favorites like ice cream and popsicles have the ability to trigger tooth sensitivity, which might make you want to stay away from icy foods altogether. But as always, prevention is the best medicine here. Switching to a toothpaste like Sensodyne’s Sensitivity & Gum toothpaste specifically designed for sensitive teeth will help build a protective layer over sensitive areas of the tooth. Over time, those sharp sensations that occur with extremely cold foods will subside, and you’ll be back to treating yourself to your icy faves like this one!
3) Floss, Rinse, Brush. (And In That Order!): Have you ever heard the saying, “It’s not what you do, but how you do it”? Well, the same thing applies to taking care of your teeth. Even if you are flossing and brushing religiously, you could be missing out on some of the benefits simply because you aren’t doing so in the right order. Flossing is best to do before brushing because it removes food particles and plaque from places your toothbrush can’t reach. After a proper flossing sesh, it is important to rinse out your mouth with water after. Finally, you can whip out your toothbrush and get to brushing. Though many of us commonly rinse with water after brushing to remove excess toothpaste, it may not be the best thing for our teeth. That’s because fluoride, the active ingredient in toothpaste that protects your enamel, works best when it gets to sit on the teeth and continue working its magic. Rinsing with water after brushing doesn’t let the toothpaste go to work like it really can. Changing up your order may take some getting used to, but over time, you’ll see the difference.
4) Stay Hydrated: Upping your water supply is a no-fail way to level up your health overall, and your teeth are no exception to this rule. Drinking water not only helps maintain a healthy pH balance in your mouth, but it also washes away residue and acids that can cause enamel erosion. It also helps you steer clear of dry mouth, which is a gateway to bad breath. And who needs that?
5) Show Your Gums Some Love: When it comes to improving your smile, you may be laser-focused on getting your teeth whiter, straighter, and overall healthier. Rightfully so, as these are all attributes of a megawatt smile; but you certainly don’t want to leave gum health out of the equation. If you neglect your gums, you’ll start to notice the effects of plaque buildup, which can irritate the gums and cause gingivitis, the earliest stage of gum disease. Seeing blood while brushing and flossing is a tell-tale sign that your gums are suffering. You may also experience gum recession — a condition where the gum tissue surrounding your teeth pulls back, exposing more of your tooth. Brushing at least twice a day with a gum-protecting toothpaste like Sensodyne Sensitivity and Gum, coupled with regular dentist visits, will keep your gums shining as bright as those pearly whites.
The Libra woman and Aries man are the divine feminine and divine masculine, coming together as one. The love compatibility between these two is one for the books. These two are opposite signs, however, their differences tend to complement each other well. This is a dynamic relationship where they know how to have a lot of fun together, but also aren’t afraid to deal with the more serious stuff that comes with a relationship.
The Libra woman is looking for her equal in love, someone who is willing to put in the same effort she is, and the Aries man sees Libra as someone he is willing to do that with.
The Love Compatibility Of A Libra Woman And An Aries Man
What attracts a Libra woman and an Aries man to each other?
There is a magnet of attraction pulling these two together, and things tend to move pretty fast in this relationship. The Libra woman is always open to love and her charming nature rarely has any challenges here. The Aries man fights for his independence and doesn’t sacrifice that unless he is completely enamored with someone.
Once the Aries man catches the eye of the Libra woman, he is typically the one to make the first move and this instantly wins the approval of Libra.
These two feel like they have known each other forever when they meet, and this spark between them doesn’t die down easily.
Hero Images Inc/Getty Images
What is the relationship like between a Libra woman and an Aries man?
The relationship between the Libra woman and the Aries man is one of balance and excitement. The Aries man tends to take on the more dominant role in this relationship and the Libra woman tends to be the more receptive one. Aries is ruled by masculine Mars, and Libra is ruled by feminine Venus. They understand they are coming from two completely different worlds, yet they also instinctively feel this underlying connection to each other and like they could be something each other needs in their lives.
The Libra woman can rely on the Aries man, and the Aries man never has to ask for the love that Libra already knows he needs.
This is a couple that is often reading each other’s minds and wanting to do a lot of the same things. However, not everything is rainbow in this relationship as well, and there are some major differences they have to overcome to make things work. One argument can lead to an explosion between these two, and addressing things when they come up rather than sweeping them under the rug, will be needed to make this relationship long-term.
What is the sex like between a Libra woman and an Aries man?
The sex between a Libra woman and an Aries man is adventurous. These are two cardinal signs with plenty of energy and stamina to keep things exciting in the bedroom. There tends to be a good give and take in this relationship, and their yin and yang energy benefits them when it comes to their sex life.
There is electricity felt between the two of them in this area of their life, and their power of attraction to each other is strong. These are two people who will want to do a lot of things together, including exploring sexually together.
The Aries man will have to be careful with being overly aggressive, however, as the soft Libra woman may not like this energy- it will completely depend on the two individuals at hand. The Libra woman wants to ease into things, the Aries man wants to get going right away. Learning about each other's bodies, and energy, and reading each other’s cues will help with this.
Petri Oeschger/Getty Images
What makes a relationship between a Libra woman and an Aries man work?
These two genuinely like each other, and that basis is a key factor for success in any relationship. The Aries man is straight to the point, direct, and inspired. The Libra woman admires these characteristics in others, as she is often herself finding her balance in this type of energy as well. Neither sign is overly emotional in a way that turns them off, and they both require a lot of the same things in a committed relationship. They want honesty, fun, good communication, passion, and to be moving towards a common goal together.
The Libra woman and Aries man don’t have a problem being real with each other and this is something they really value within the relationship. They are both very charming, and there is plenty of flirtation and attraction to keep this relationship going. Aries being the protector they are, Libra finds a sense of safety and ease in this energy, and like they have found their match. Overall, this is a well-balanced relationship and one where they don’t have a problem when it comes to compatibility or chemistry in the relationship.
What may cause a Libra woman and an Aries man to break up?
Libra is the lover, Aries is the fighter, and this energy may be tiring for the both of them after time. The Libra woman can be passive to a fault, and the Aries man who is not evolved, may take advantage of that. She will need to be careful with putting Aries’ needs above her own, creating resentment later down the road. The Aries man loves a challenge, and the Libra woman would be up for that game for a little bit, but if she is not being met in the middle, she will begin to look for other places. These two can have a difficult time keeping the peace in the relationship, and there could be a lot of arguments and disagreements here if they both aren’t willing to put their egos or self-pleasing attitudes to the side.
The Libra woman and Aries man are both more sensitive than they appear or come off as. They are also not necessarily the type to dive deep into their emotions and express them to others, even in their relationships. However, this energy can keep the relationship to a surface level than what is needed to progress and grow the relationship, and a sense of openness is required for this couple to work. Libra needs romance, she wants to be wowed. Aries needs to remember this and to always consider her love language.
Overall, this is a successful pairing. They will have their fair share of challenges in the relationship, but nothing they can’t overcome if they are willing to. The trouble will come in when it comes to the longevity of the relationship, keeping Aries excited and Libra in love. However, all in all, there is more power, attraction, and love to keep this relationship together rather than apart. No relationship is perfect, but this one is a little more blessed than most.
Let’s make things inbox official! Sign up for the xoNecole newsletter for daily love, wellness, career, and exclusive content delivered straight to your inbox.
Featured image by Weekend Images Inc./Getty Images