Taurus is ruled by Venus, the planet of love, and this is exactly the type of energy they exude. Taurus values loyalty, stability, beauty, and romance in a relationship, and they are willing to give this type of support to their partners as well. Being in a relationship with a Taurus is like having a safe space with you wherever you go, and they are the type of partner to ride or die for you. Once a Taurus is in, they are all in. They are all about their loved ones, and their loyalty rarely wavers.
Taurus is not the type of person to rush into a relationship, and if you have caught the eye of a Taurus, you can expect them to take a slow and steady approach to the relationship. They want to build a connection from the ground up, making sure there are no loose ends or surprises that can shake the foundations they are building. This is also an extremely sensual sign, and they need a lot of affection and care to feel loved and valued.
A Taurus takes their love life and sexual chemistry in a relationship very seriously, and if they aren’t both emotionally, physically, and spiritually attracted to the person, it won't work for them. A Taurus is all in or all out. If you are on a Taurus’ bad side, then you can get a different version of them which is a more stubborn, unmoving, and egotistical side.
This earth sign’s love languages involve physical touch, quality time, and gift gifting. If you like to be spoiled, a Taurus is a good partner for you. They love to treat their partners and give them the best of the best, and expect this type of receptivity in return as well. A Taurus will romance you with fine dining, roses, candles, massages, the whole deal- just because they feel like it. Physical touch is also very important to Taurus, and they like this type of reassurance in a partnership.
A Taurus is the type of partner you marry or create a life with, and they love to be in love.
TAURUS + ARIES
A Taurus and Aries relationship can feel like a rollercoaster. The sexual chemistry is off the charts. However, communication between the two isn't their strong point. Aries' bold demeanor can feel abrasive to chill Taurus, and it's difficult for them to understand each other's motives and intentions. How these two come together is that they are both fixed signs, and once they are in a relationship, they are extremely loyal to their partners. Aries may want to rush into the relationship, however, and Taurus likes to take things slow, so they will have to listen to each other's wants and needs to make this work.
TAURUS + TAURUS
A Taurus and Taurus relationship is not a relationship for the weak but a relationship that is intriguing nonetheless. Taurus is known for their stubbornness, and two Tauruses together lead to a lot of butting heads. The thing about an earth sign/earth sign duo is that there is not much room for spontaneity in the relationship. This relationship can become dull all too quickly, and there isn’t much enthusiasm to stay together. What works for this couple is that they are more responsible, reasonable, and caring than most, and they will put this type of energy into their relationship, making them both feel safe and comfortable.
TAURUS + GEMINI
Taurus and Gemini aren’t the most recommended for Taurus. However, anything is possible. What this couple has working for them is that they are two signs next to each other, and there is a unique connection with the sign next to your own on the Zodiac Wheel. So, it’s not like these two have zero compatibility. However, oftentimes this is better off as a friendship than anything. Gemini’s curiosity isn’t something Taurus wants to explore, and Taurus’ slow and steady approach to life isn’t something Gemini is too fond of either. These two are like apples and oranges, and they have to be willing to put in the work to make this relationship happen.
TAURUS + CANCER
Cancer is one of the best matches for Taurus- hands down. Taurus has a soft spot for Cancer and vice versa, and these two form a sweet, loving couple. Being in a relationship with a Taurus has an undertone of stability and safety, and Cancer thrives in this type of energy. Taurus provides the right atmosphere for the relationship to grow, and Cancer has the right vibes for the relationship to thrive. These two deeply admire each other and are usually in it for the long haul. This is the high school sweethearts type of couple or the couple who knows from day one that this person is special.
TAURUS + LEO
Taurus and Leo are instantly intrigued by each other. This couple may surprise others with their compatibility and there is more to this pairing than meets the eye. Both Taurus, and Leo are empowered souls with a strong sense of self. They both know what they want in life and have clear directions for getting there. They both love the finer things, enjoy art, are protective of their loved ones, and want to enjoy the life they create for themselves. These two can build a life together if their egos don’t clash too much. Leo’s boldness may turn Taurus off from time to time, however, and Taurus’ laidback attitude may lead Leo to spiral. If they meet each other in the middle, they can be a beautiful, long-lasting couple.
TAURUS + VIRGO
Taurus and Virgo are a beautiful couple. These two come together and move in harmony, and something is endearing about this couple. Both need stability, security, and loyalty, and both are willing to provide that for one another. Taurus’ self-assurance is intriguing to Virgo, and Virgo’s care and selflessness are sexy to Taurus. A Virgo will remember everything you say to them and then will surprise you with your favorites. Taurus loves this as their love language is quality time and gift giving, all things Virgo is good at. Dating someone in the same element as yours can lack some passion. However, overall this is a great match for Taurus.
TAURUS + LIBRA
Taurus and Libra are the two signs who are ruled by Venus, and they are the certified lovers of the zodiac. When these two come together in a relationship, there is a lot of compassion and romance here, but they do come from opposite ends of life at the same time. To make this relationship work, there needs to be more good times than bad. Both of these two are about the vibes and will not stay in a relationship if there is constant fighting or misunderstanding between the two. Once they find their balance with each other, this can be a really beautiful pairing full of good food, good love, and good harmony with each other.
TAURUS + SCORPIO
Taurus and Scorpio are soulmates. This is a pairing you see often, especially in marriages, and these two are ride or die for each other at the end of the day. What makes this relationship work so well is that they both intuitively understand each other and like what they see. Scorpio’s mysterious, emotional, and sexy demeanor can sweep Taurus right off their feet, and Taurus’ beauty, sense of security, and loyalty are everything that Scorpio is looking for in a partner as well. These two don’t have to try hard to make a relationship form because it happens naturally between the two. They are opposite signs on the Zodiac Wheel, and opposites attract here.
TAURUS + SAGITTARIUS
Taurus and Sagittarius are a more unusual couple you don't see often. However, it does happen. Taurus and Sagittarius are very different in almost every way, and it can be difficult for these two to honor the differences they see in each other without running away. Taurus finds Sagittarius' energy to be flighty, and they need something they can hold onto. Sagittarius finds Taurus's energy to be a little boring and does not want to be at home as much as this earth sign does. Taurus will have to be willing to step out of their comfort zone to fully be in a relationship with Sag, and Sagittarius will have to learn the importance of balance and quality time in a relationship for this to work.
TAURUS + CAPRICORN
Taurus and Capricorn have a strong compatibility that can stand the test of time. These two are very loyal to each other and leave room for growth in the relationship as well. Both Taurus and Capricorn like to have a solid foundation in life, and this is a strong-willed couple that will build a relationship together from the ground up. They are willing to put the work in, not rush each other, and take the time to get to know each other. These two build a successful life together and financially can benefit a lot within the relationship as well. This is a couple that will always be there for each other and that loves to be in each other’s company.
TAURUS + AQUARIUS
Taurus and Aquarius are a unique couple that you don’t see often, but there is chemistry here. Being both fixed signs, they innately understand each other and have a baseline of compatibility. However, Aquarius is a very mental and logical sign, and Taurus prefers to remain grounded rather than be up in the air about anything. It can be difficult for these two to meet each other where they are, not to mention they have very different interests, likes, and dislikes. This is not the best partner for a Taurus, and to make this work, they need to establish and build a friendship first and see what happens from there.
TAURUS + PISCES
The compatibility between Taurus and Pisces is very strong. These two have a sweet energy with each other and typically have really good intentions for the relationship. Pisces is the perfect balance between sweet and spicy for Taurus, and Taurus provides the type of safe environment that Pisces looks for in a relationship. These two love to spend time together and are an affectionate couple that can build a nice life together. Taurus sees Pisces as someone they can go the distance with and is willing to put their stubbornness aside to make the relationship work. These two both have high ideals in life and can see each other in their present and their future.
Let’s make things inbox official! Sign up for the xoNecole newsletter for daily love, wellness, career, and exclusive content delivered straight to your inbox.
Featured image by Goodboy Picture Company/Getty Images
- Here's What Astrology Can Reveal About Your Relationship With Your Mother ›
- Pisces Woman And Taurus Man Love Compatibility ›
- Watch This Taurus & Capricorn Love Match Put Their Relationship To The Compatibility Test ›
- Taurus Scorpio In Love, Sex, Relationships, Break Up - xoNecole: Lifestyle, Culture, Love, & Wellness ›
Tayler Barakat is a Mystic who has studied Astrology for over a decade. She does intuitive astrology and tarot readings for people all over the world, and her work focuses on healing and empowering individuals. Follow her on Instagram @taylerbarakat_ and check out her website www.listentothevirgo.com.
This article is in partnership with Sensodyne.
Our teeth are connected to so many things - our nutrition, our confidence, and our overall mood. We often take for granted how important healthy teeth are, until issues like tooth sensitivity or gum recession come to remind us. Like most things related to our bodies, prevention is the best medicine. Here are five things you can do immediately to improve your oral hygiene, prevent tooth sensitivity, and avoid dental issues down the road.
1) Go Easy On the Rough Brushing: Brushing your teeth is and always will be priority number one in the oral hygiene department. No surprises there! However, there is such a thing as applying too much pressure when brushing…and that can lead to problems over time. Use a toothbrush with soft bristles and brush in smooth, circular motions. It may seem counterintuitive, but a gentle approach to brushing is the most effective way to clean those pearly whites without wearing away enamel and exposing sensitive areas of the teeth.
2) Use A Desensitizing Toothpaste: As everyone knows, mouth pain can be highly uncomfortable; but tooth sensitivity is a whole different beast. Hot weather favorites like ice cream and popsicles have the ability to trigger tooth sensitivity, which might make you want to stay away from icy foods altogether. But as always, prevention is the best medicine here. Switching to a toothpaste like Sensodyne’s Sensitivity & Gum toothpaste specifically designed for sensitive teeth will help build a protective layer over sensitive areas of the tooth. Over time, those sharp sensations that occur with extremely cold foods will subside, and you’ll be back to treating yourself to your icy faves like this one!
3) Floss, Rinse, Brush. (And In That Order!): Have you ever heard the saying, “It’s not what you do, but how you do it”? Well, the same thing applies to taking care of your teeth. Even if you are flossing and brushing religiously, you could be missing out on some of the benefits simply because you aren’t doing so in the right order. Flossing is best to do before brushing because it removes food particles and plaque from places your toothbrush can’t reach. After a proper flossing sesh, it is important to rinse out your mouth with water after. Finally, you can whip out your toothbrush and get to brushing. Though many of us commonly rinse with water after brushing to remove excess toothpaste, it may not be the best thing for our teeth. That’s because fluoride, the active ingredient in toothpaste that protects your enamel, works best when it gets to sit on the teeth and continue working its magic. Rinsing with water after brushing doesn’t let the toothpaste go to work like it really can. Changing up your order may take some getting used to, but over time, you’ll see the difference.
4) Stay Hydrated: Upping your water supply is a no-fail way to level up your health overall, and your teeth are no exception to this rule. Drinking water not only helps maintain a healthy pH balance in your mouth, but it also washes away residue and acids that can cause enamel erosion. It also helps you steer clear of dry mouth, which is a gateway to bad breath. And who needs that?
5) Show Your Gums Some Love: When it comes to improving your smile, you may be laser-focused on getting your teeth whiter, straighter, and overall healthier. Rightfully so, as these are all attributes of a megawatt smile; but you certainly don’t want to leave gum health out of the equation. If you neglect your gums, you’ll start to notice the effects of plaque buildup, which can irritate the gums and cause gingivitis, the earliest stage of gum disease. Seeing blood while brushing and flossing is a tell-tale sign that your gums are suffering. You may also experience gum recession — a condition where the gum tissue surrounding your teeth pulls back, exposing more of your tooth. Brushing at least twice a day with a gum-protecting toothpaste like Sensodyne Sensitivity and Gum, coupled with regular dentist visits, will keep your gums shining as bright as those pearly whites.
Russell and Nina Westbrook are one of those low-key, unproblematic couples we don’t talk about enough. They met in college and got married in 2015. They also have a beautiful family with three kids. While Russell is an NBA star, Nina is a licensed family and marriage therapist and a mental health advocate.
She recently launched the podcast The Relationship Chronicles with Nina Westbrook, and in the latest episode, she had none other than her husband on as a guest. The college sweethearts dived into important topics from marriage to children and how they navigate it all.
One of the topics they touched on was dealing with resentment in your relationship. The former MVP highlighted the sacrifices his wife has had to make in order for him to pursue a career in the NBA, and that’s why it’s also important for him to support his wife whenever he can.
“For me is respecting and understanding what your partner do and the time it takes,” Russell said. “Not kind of downplaying what they do, understanding the time and energy and effort they're doing to make sure whether it’s their job or making sure home is taken care of, and understanding that, I think that is the challenge of not being resentful.”
Nina agreed and also shared her thoughts on resentment. According to her, one of the best things couples should do is have their own identity and passions outside of the relationship in an effort to be fulfilled.
“I also think that when you’re in a relationship, that’s why it’s so important that each individual kinda pursue their own passions and follow their own dreams as I feel like it only becomes or leads to resentment when one person is not feeling fulfilled in what they're doing in their lives,” she explained.
“And so, they will start to look at the other partner who’s happy or excelling or promoting or moving along in their journey, then they’re left feeling stuck like they sacrificed themselves, their happiness, their career, their future and have not pursued it in the name of the relationship or their partner. So, it’s so much easier to avoid those feelings of resentment when you’re each equally pursuing your passions.”
The couple has many passions that they work on together and separately. Outside of basketball and his family, Russell has become known for his eclectic style and started the fashion brand Honor The Gift. Nina has her podcast, and she also started the mental health website Bene. Together, they run the Why Not? Foundation, which works with kids in underserved communities.
“I’m a firm believer that one person can’t be everything to you, so you have to sort of seek out those different friendships or groups or hobbies or activities that help to fulfill you,” Nina concluded.
Let’s make things inbox official! Sign up for the xoNecole newsletter for daily love, wellness, career, and exclusive content delivered straight to your inbox.
Feature image by Jon Kopaloff/Getty Images for Religion of Sports