Leos rule the heart in Astrology, and they are no strangers to love. They love big, they love bright, and they love with all they have within them. A Leo's love can be akin to a romantic comedy. They take on this type of dramatic flair in life in general, especially when it comes to matters of the heart. Leo is all about the theatrics, and a relationship with them is full of fireworks. Leo protects, nurtures, and enlivens their relationships, and a Leo in love is a sight to see.
Who Is a Leo Most Compatible With?
When it comes to who Leo is most compatible with, it’s essential to know that Leo is looking for an equal, someone who can match their energy and their loyalty. Leo is a fixed fire sign and takes love very seriously. It might be the area of their life they take the most seriously. They will have their fun and dance the night away, but at the end of the day, a committed partnership is what this sign is looking for. If you can match Leo's drive and excitement for life with their ability to love fiercely, you might be the perfect person to rule alongside this royal.
How a Leo Pairs With Each Sign of the Zodiac
Leos are known for their strong sense of self and are one of the more self-confident signs. They do not like to have their egos bruised and can entertain bouts of jealousy in love if they are not getting the attention they feel they deserve. A Leo gives their all, and if you aren’t giving the same, they will take this personally. If you are willing to pour your entire heart into the relationship and receive this same type of devotion in return, then a Leo is a good match for you.
LEO + ARIES
Leo and Aries make a great match. This is a happy duo and one that can stand the test of time. Both Leo and Aries are on the same wavelength, and they feel this right away from each other. They similarly approach life, and they are the type to make the best out of anything. This type of energy is precious to them to have in their lives, and they create a passionate relationship together. However, these are two people who love hard but fight even harder, so the love will be strong, but if disagreements arise, it could overpower it. This relationship will only work if egos are kept in check and there is unconditional love.
LEO + TAURUS
Leo and Taurus are a unique pairing because you can’t see it at first. Taurus wants to enjoy life at home, and Leo wants to be outside. This is a relationship that grows with time and one where it either works or it doesn’t. From outsiders, this couple seems like an odd pairing, and it’s the type of relationship where they will often tell others, “It works for them.” Where this relationship thrives is in the fact that they are both fixed signs, and once they are in it, they are in it. They are loyal to the relationship and also put each other on a pedestal. However, at the end of the day, their stubbornness may get in the way of what the relationship could be. They will not easily give up on each other, but there also may not be enough to keep them together.
LEO + GEMINI
Leo and Gemini make good friends and lovers. They value each other's perspectives, and at the end of the day, they have each other’s backs. What makes this relationship work is that they are both so different and don’t step on each other's toes or interfere with each other's personalities, which is important to both of them. They let each other be themselves, and there is an underlying energy of unconditional love here. This is a couple that stands out at an event or party due to their cool aesthetic, PDA, and friendly banter between everyone in the building.
LEO + CANCER
Leo and Cancer are an underrated duo. Leo, ruled by the Sun, and Cancer, ruled by the Moon, have a deep respect for each other that is not talked about enough in Astrology. Although very different from each other, they each have their place, their purpose, and this feels good to them. However, this is a more moody relationship than most. Since these two are often on different wavelengths, wanting to do different things, there could be a lot of ups and downs here with emotional storms. Depending on the place these two are at in their lives, this could work if they are both willing to commit.
LEO + LEO
A Leo and Leo combo is more common than you may think. It makes sense, though, a sign that is known for loving themselves and having strong self-confidence, falling in love with someone who is just like them. Leo loves a good mirror, and it’s not hard to fall for someone who reminds them of themselves. This will be a very dramatic relationship, however, and this isn’t for the weak. They will have a lot of fun together but will also push each other’s buttons and may try to take each other's crowns. Power struggles are likely with this pairing, and the only way this will work is if they act on their heart rather than their egos in the relationship.
LEO + VIRGO
Leo and Virgo are like two peas in a pod. This relationship may be better off as a friendship in the long run, but overall, with these two right next to each other on the Zodiac Wheel, they both have a lot to learn from each other. Virgo finds Leo intriguing and even somewhat mysterious. Leo appreciates the way Virgo looks at them, and they have this same type of attraction and interest toward Virgo as well. Virgo is an attentive lover, and this is especially beneficial to Leo, who loves attention. These two often find a perfect place for each other in their lives, but as far as romance and chemistry, that is something that may not come right away here and will be unique to each pairing.
LEO + LIBRA
Leo and Libra are an iconic duo. The love they have for each other is undeniable, and this is a couple that has a lot of fun together. They share similar interests, they are both beautiful, and they both love a little drama in love. Fire and air signs are notorious for being compatible, and Libra is the best air sign match for Leo. This is a social couple who will love to spend time together and to be out on the town. This relationship could be borderline superficial, however, and as long as they are doing the work to build a strong foundation aside from aesthetics and vanity, then this is a pairing that can be an endgame for the both of them.
LEO + SCORPIO
A Leo and Scorpio relationship is not for the faint of heart. Leo and Scorpio are more similar than most fire and water signs, as they both share a passion and zest for life, but this relationship is more so like a volcano exploding than anything. Exciting, once-in-a-lifetime, and terrifying all in one. The strength of this relationship is their sex life, as this is one for the books. Their downfall, however, is that both of these two have an instinctual need for power, and oftentimes this will be at the other’s expense. Leo may be the one who ends up more hurt than anything, and it may be too late before Scorpio realizes the effect they have upon them.
LEO + SAGITTARIUS
Leo and Sagittarius are an adventurous, more progressive couple. This is the type of relationship that is high energy and high reward for both of them. Leo does well with other fire signs as they feel like their energy is reciprocated and not shunned, which is important to them. Leo needs to shine, and Sagittarius does too, and they are willing to share the spotlight here, which they are not willing to do with everyone else. With Sagittarius ruled by Jupiter, the planet of blessings, and Leo, the Sun, the star of vitality, this is a happy couple. They don’t ask too much of each other, and their presence is enough to build a passionate love.
LEO + CAPRICORN
Leo and Capricorn are a power couple that will either rule together or take each other down. This is a relationship where they are both striving for greatness and one where they will try to build a life together from the ground up. They both want the best of the best out of life and will see each other as someone to help them get there. Capricorn, being the devoted and loyal lover they are, is easily respected by Leo, who feels the same way about their relationships in life. However, where other signs don’t mind boosting the confidence of Leo and giving them that attention they crave, Capricorn is no brown-noser and will not feed the ego of Leo. Leo may find Capricorn too emotionally distant, and Capricorn may find Leo as just too much altogether.
LEO + AQUARIUS
Leo and Aquarius are opposite signs in Astrology, otherwise known as sister signs. They are very different from the outside, but once they unpack, they both realize there are many layers to both of them, a lot of them similar to one another. Leo and Aquarius both value authenticity in life, and in a relationship, they will take on this type of energy and will see their pairing as a unique one. Challenges arise, however, when it comes to determining who is going to take the lead. Leo is a leader, and Aquarius is anything but a follower. They can often feel like they are stepping on each other's toes, not knowing where they stand with each other. If they are willing to find balance with one another, this will be a dedicated, lifelong partnership.
LEO + PISCES
Leo and Pisces are an odd pairing and may just be Leos' least compatible match. The problem here is that Leo doesn’t understand Pisces. Pisces, on the other hand, can fall in love with just about anyone. Pisces is more willing to put aside differences to get to know their partner, whereas Leo is looking for that immediate spark they don’t typically get right away with Pisces. The positives to this pairing, though, are that they are both creative, fun, and warm souls who make life a little better. This is a dynamic duo, but at the end of the day, Leo may overpower Pisces, and this can lead to resentment and disparity.
Let’s make things inbox official! Sign up for the xoNecole newsletter for daily love, wellness, career, and exclusive content delivered straight to your inbox.
Featured image by
Tayler Barakat is a Mystic who has studied Astrology for over a decade. She does intuitive astrology and tarot readings for people all over the world, and her work focuses on healing and empowering individuals. Follow her on Instagram @taylerbarakat_ and check out her website www.listentothevirgo.com.
This article is in partnership with Sensodyne.
Our teeth are connected to so many things - our nutrition, our confidence, and our overall mood. We often take for granted how important healthy teeth are, until issues like tooth sensitivity or gum recession come to remind us. Like most things related to our bodies, prevention is the best medicine. Here are five things you can do immediately to improve your oral hygiene, prevent tooth sensitivity, and avoid dental issues down the road.
1) Go Easy On the Rough Brushing: Brushing your teeth is and always will be priority number one in the oral hygiene department. No surprises there! However, there is such a thing as applying too much pressure when brushing…and that can lead to problems over time. Use a toothbrush with soft bristles and brush in smooth, circular motions. It may seem counterintuitive, but a gentle approach to brushing is the most effective way to clean those pearly whites without wearing away enamel and exposing sensitive areas of the teeth.
2) Use A Desensitizing Toothpaste: As everyone knows, mouth pain can be highly uncomfortable; but tooth sensitivity is a whole different beast. Hot weather favorites like ice cream and popsicles have the ability to trigger tooth sensitivity, which might make you want to stay away from icy foods altogether. But as always, prevention is the best medicine here. Switching to a toothpaste like Sensodyne’s Sensitivity & Gum toothpaste specifically designed for sensitive teeth will help build a protective layer over sensitive areas of the tooth. Over time, those sharp sensations that occur with extremely cold foods will subside, and you’ll be back to treating yourself to your icy faves like this one!
3) Floss, Rinse, Brush. (And In That Order!): Have you ever heard the saying, “It’s not what you do, but how you do it”? Well, the same thing applies to taking care of your teeth. Even if you are flossing and brushing religiously, you could be missing out on some of the benefits simply because you aren’t doing so in the right order. Flossing is best to do before brushing because it removes food particles and plaque from places your toothbrush can’t reach. After a proper flossing sesh, it is important to rinse out your mouth with water after. Finally, you can whip out your toothbrush and get to brushing. Though many of us commonly rinse with water after brushing to remove excess toothpaste, it may not be the best thing for our teeth. That’s because fluoride, the active ingredient in toothpaste that protects your enamel, works best when it gets to sit on the teeth and continue working its magic. Rinsing with water after brushing doesn’t let the toothpaste go to work like it really can. Changing up your order may take some getting used to, but over time, you’ll see the difference.
4) Stay Hydrated: Upping your water supply is a no-fail way to level up your health overall, and your teeth are no exception to this rule. Drinking water not only helps maintain a healthy pH balance in your mouth, but it also washes away residue and acids that can cause enamel erosion. It also helps you steer clear of dry mouth, which is a gateway to bad breath. And who needs that?
5) Show Your Gums Some Love: When it comes to improving your smile, you may be laser-focused on getting your teeth whiter, straighter, and overall healthier. Rightfully so, as these are all attributes of a megawatt smile; but you certainly don’t want to leave gum health out of the equation. If you neglect your gums, you’ll start to notice the effects of plaque buildup, which can irritate the gums and cause gingivitis, the earliest stage of gum disease. Seeing blood while brushing and flossing is a tell-tale sign that your gums are suffering. You may also experience gum recession — a condition where the gum tissue surrounding your teeth pulls back, exposing more of your tooth. Brushing at least twice a day with a gum-protecting toothpaste like Sensodyne Sensitivity and Gum, coupled with regular dentist visits, will keep your gums shining as bright as those pearly whites.
An author by the name of Alexandra Katehakis once said this about orgasms: “Great spiritual teachers throughout the ages have stated that orgasm is the closest some people come to a spiritual experience because of the momentary loss of self. Why is this true? Because with spiritual sex, you move beyond orgasm into a connection with yourself, your partner, and the divine — recognizing them all as one.”
If it’s counterintuitive to what you’ve ever thought about orgasms, believe it or not, there are even pastors who have said that climaxing is the closest comprehension of heaven on this side of it: it is an extreme kind of bliss that is indescribable and is best experienced between two people who share a sacrificial kind of love for one another.
Although this might seem like a heavy way to intro this particular topic, because the O Method is an orgasm-achieving technique that centers around housing energy, embracing the mental practice of manifestation, and the attempt to achieve the best climaxes ever — it all works together pretty well if you ask me. If you want to take your orgasms to the next level, it’s important that you get out of yourself (to a certain extent), that you see the spiritual role that manifestation plays, and that you are open to trying new things. No doubt about it.
So, let’s learn more about what the O Method is all about and how it very well could be just what you’ve been looking for…even if you didn’t know it.
What Is the “O Method” All About?Giphy
Question: When’s the last time you’ve had an orgasm? Not just any orgasm — I mean a really mind-blowing one (I’ll give you a second to think about it). Now, what if you could manifest that experience to the point where it wasn’t a rare occurrence but something that happened almost every time that you and your partner had sex with each other? How absolutely awesome would that be?
That is pretty much what the O Method is all about — helping you achieve the kind of orgasms (and sexual pleasure, in general) that you desire through the practice of manifestation. And since your biggest sex organ is your brain, it would make perfect sense that even with all of the tips and techniques that you might learn to do as far as your body is concerned, honing in on what you think about is super imperative to sexual fulfillment, too. And that’s just where manifestation comes in.
What If You’ve Never “Manifested” Anything Before?Giphy
Before we get into a quick lesson on manifestation, I think it’s important to mention two things. One, for the cynics, there is a lot of truth in the fact that it’s got some solid spiritual basis to it because even the Good Book says that as a man thinketh in his heart, so is he (Proverbs 23:7). At the same time, that same Good Book tells us that faith without works is dead (James 2:14-26). So, while it is always a good idea to focus on good, positive, and productive thoughts, just thinking about them isn’t enough — at some point, you’ve also gotta get out here and DO something (bookmark that).
Okay, with that mini-sermon out of the way, whether it’s in the bedroom or not, manifestation is basically about focusing on something tangible that you desire, harnessing your energy in such a way that your words and actions are directed towards that longing until what you want, well, manifests. For the record, aside from this having a spiritual backing to it, in many ways, science cosigns on manifesting, too. There is actually a scientific process known as neuroplasticity that consists of reframing your mind so that your actions ultimately end up aligning with your goals — and that is another way to look at manifestation.
So, what if you’re someone who has never set out to do a manifestation practice before? No worries. Something that’s awesome about it is there are several different approaches that you can take.
Some people manifest what they want in their lives via:
- Visualization/Creating vision boards
- Writing down their desires before going to bed (so that they can “download” them into their dream state)
- Creating mantras and affirmations
- Applying the 369 Manifestation Method (you can learn more about that here)
- Learning more about what you want to manifest (which brings forth clarity)
This is important to keep in mind because, when it comes to manifesting the types of orgasms that you want to have, as you can see, you can try different manifestation methods until you find one (or ones) that you are truly comfortable with. One that can ease you into the entire process rather smoothly is something known as sex journaling.
How Sex Journaling Can Actually Help You to Have an OrgasmGiphy
As a writer, I’m a big fan of journaling. Mostly because it’s a way to get out some of your deepest thoughts and feelings so that you’re able to really process what is happening inside of you in a private setting. And when it comes to sex journaling, specifically, it’s all about centering yourself on the things sexually that you want to “unpack,” get clarity on or come to some revelations about. For instance, if there’s only been one partner from your past who’s been able to help you achieve the type of orgasms that you wish to manifest, journaling about what makes him different from the other guys can provide you with some solid ah-ha moments.
Or if you need help getting as specific as possible about the sexual experiences that you’re after, journaling can help to make that happen for you — because one thing that manifesting reminds us all to do is be as specific as possible.
Yeah, simply saying, “I want to have better sex” isn’t detailed enough when you want to get your energy to match with your desires — instead, describe how all of your senses should feel in the experience, along with why, that can get you so much closer to achieving your goal. Once those things are documented, you can segue into creating mantras and/or meditation that are based on them. Yeah, sex journaling really is an underrated superpower on a lot of levels (check out “The Art Of Sex Journaling (And Why You Should Do It)”).
5 Tips for Making the O Method Work for YouGiphy
Now that you know more about what the O Method is and how manifestation plays a direct role in its process, let’s talk about five ways to make the O Method truly effective in your own (sex) life.
1. Focus, FULLY, on your feminine energy. What do rose quartz, amethyst, moonstone (which is a Gemini birthstone as well; yes, I’m a Gemini), selenite, and rhodonite all have in common? They’re crystals that help you to go deeper into your divine feminine energy. Traits that are associated with this include compassion, creativity, kindness, gentleness, and sensuality (feminine energy is also accepting and forgiving). If you were to study energy from a biological standpoint, it’s about producing change, responding to stimuli, and having the ability to do what needs to be done (work). So, when it comes to manifesting the kind of orgasms or sexual experiences that you want, using things like your creativity and gentleness in your thoughts and actions can play a role in bringing balance to your partner’s masculinity, which can create a profound sense of pleasure — after all, opposites do attract.
2. Don’t hold back on what it is that you desire. Whenever I interview sex therapists, something that they all say is, a huge mistake that people make as far as sexual satisfaction is concerned is, they have walls up — not just with their partners but even within themselves. Sometimes, there is intimidation, fear, or even shame around what they really want to happen during sex to the point where they aren’t able to channel their energy fully in those directions in order to manifest what they want. For the O Method to work, you can’t let those types of negative emotions hinder you; the more you are able to articulate what you want and how you want it, the better chance you have of making it happen. So yes, get graphic. As graphic as possible.
3. Make manifestation a daily practice. Repetition is important when it comes to manifestation. That’s because the more you declare what you desire (a mantra), get still and think on it (meditation), or look at the “art” that you’ve created surrounding it (visualization), the quicker it becomes a part of you. So yes, make manifestation a daily practice. For instance, if one of your mantras is, “I am going to have intensely passionate orgasms, one right after the other,” don’t just state that 15 minutes before sex is going to happen. Wake up and declare it. Then say it on your lunch break. And again before turning in. The more your thoughts are “streamlined” in this way, the easier it will be for your body to follow suit.
4. Share this practice with your partner. If you were to do even more research on the O Method, one thing that most of the articles will mention is it’s a practice that you can do alone or with your partner. Indeed. However, I just want to make sure that you get into your psyche that great sex is, in part, about good communication. And so, the more comfortable you are sharing with your partner what you are doing as far as the O Method is concerned and what you ultimately want to happen as a result of the practice, the easier it will be for him to “match your energy” — both in and out of the bedroom. And when your partner is on the same page as you? That definitely increases the chances of attaining your sexual desires — exponentially so.
5. Stay in the moment. While I was reading one article on manifestation, I really appreciated something that the author said: manifestation isn’t some supernatural power. In other words, while it can be beneficial, it’s not like you can just think of something, and it instantly appears out of nowhere. Manifesting is a discipline, and it must be accompanied by action, consistency, and patience — this means that you must also practice mindfulness. Meaning, now that you know better what you’re looking to achieve as far as sex is concerned, every time that it transpires, maintain a level of positive energy, remember what your end goal is, and then determine in your mind to enjoy the moments as they come. Remember, manifestation isn’t to add stress…it’s to cultivate clarity.
At the end of the day, the O Method is simply a way of reminding you that your mind plays a huge role in your sexual pleasure, and when you channel it and your energy exactly where you want them both to go, you’ll be amazed what your body is capable of doing…and accomplishing.
So, what kind of orgasm are you wanting to achieve? You’ve got a tool to get you there. USE IT.
Let’s make things inbox official! Sign up for the xoNecole newsletter for daily love, wellness, career, and exclusive content delivered straight to your inbox.
Featured image by Giphy