When it comes to your zodiac sign and sex, there are different experiences that a sign is going to prefer. The best sex position for your zodiac sign comes down to your experience of intimacy and how you express your love language. There are many different ways in which a sign expresses itself in bed. An earth sign, for example, is going to prefer a sensual, grounded experience that heightens all their senses. A fire sign may prefer something more spontaneous and fiery.
Aries: The Eagle
The best sex position for the fiery passion of Aries is the eagle sex position. With you being a free spirit, this energy comes out in bed and you want the sparks flying. This position is a position where you and a partner let it all out there and focus on the connection and pleasure at hand. Aries tends to be more dominant in bed and this dynamic plays out in which positions you are drawn to with a partner. The eagle is a sex position that is fun and quirky just like you, Aries.
Taurus: The Chairman
The best position for you, Taurus, is the chairman sex position. Being an earth sign ruled by Venus, you are highly attuned to your sensual nature, and enjoy the pleasures of intimacy. You love the touch, the physical closeness, and the bond that forms within these times. The chairman is a position where you are connected in a way that allows you to feel supported and pleased, something you look for within a partnership. It fulfills your romantic and grounded needs while also hitting all of the right spots.
Gemini: Magic Mountain
The best sex position for a Gemini is the magic mountain sex position. This position gives you a type of connection to your partner that you look for and also allows you to show off your flexible nature. This is a head-on, face-to-face position, and you aren’t one to shy away from being seen or understood deeper. There is a mutual stimulation that keeps your infinitely curious nature well fed here. The magic mountain is a ride that air sign Gemini flows well with.
Cancer: The 69
This one should be a no-brainer. Cancer, the best sex position for you is obvi, the 69 position as most people commonly mistake your beloved symbol as this enticing number. Besides the obvious, Cancers are givers, and this position allows you to do what you do best while also giving yourself something as well. A safe and comfortable environment is what you look for in bed, and when you get to give and enjoy with another as well, you are thriving.
Leo: The Pretzel Dip
Leos are ruled by the Sun and shine light wherever their attention goes, including the bedroom. The best position for a Leo is the pretzel dip. This position is basically what it sounds like. It’s two people intertwining in a way for maximum pleasure. A Leo loves to shine and this includes in the bedroom, and you try to show up and show out here. The pretzel dip is a position that fuels your fire sign passion and intimacy with another. This position allows you room to look your partner in the eyes, or if available, a mirror.
Virgo: The Reverse Cowgirl
Contrary to popular belief, Virgo's more reserved nature is typically thrown out of the window in the bedroom. When Virgo feels safe to be intimate with another, you see a whole new side of a Virgo, which is why the reverse cowgirl is the best position for Virgo. A Virgo is going to pull out their best in bed and this position lets them have fun while also sticking to business like the Virgo they are. Don’t be surprised if there is some hair pulling along with some immediate after-sex clean-up as Virgo doesn’t like a mess.
Libra: The Ballet Dancer
The ballet dancer position is the perfect position for you, Libra. Libra is a romantic soul and prefers to make love. This position allows you a sense of intimacy as well as lets you keep your steady ground with you both standing in this duo. Love for you is about a one-on-one connection, and you want to feel that partnership and balance while making love. Being a Venusian, your energy in the bed is that of romance and receptivity, and you want to make sure there is an equal pleasure.
Scorpio, not that you need any advice in the sex department as your sign happens to be the ruler of the reproductive system, including you know where. Thus, the best sex position for a Scorpio is doggy-style. Hear me out. You are fully in-tune with your sexual nature, desire intimacy, and, behind the stinger, are quite a romantic. However, all your kinks come out during playtime and this is a position that brings different dynamics and pleasure for you. With Scorpio aligned with the 8th house, the house of giving and receiving, this is the perfect position for you.
Sagittarius: The Corkscrew
The best sex position for Sagittarius is the corkscrew. You like to spice things up in the bedroom and aren’t one to do the same thing with a partner all the time. This position heightens the senses and gives you the mystery and pleasure you thrive on. There is a strength, balance, and trust needed to do this position, and Sagittarius is capable. Being a fire sign, sex is all about passion, and you need a position that is going to feel like that for you.
The best position for a Capricorn is the missionary sex position. Capricorns love to uphold traditions and often find themselves sticking to what works rather than finding the need to venture out so much. Not to mention, Capricorns often find themselves in long-term relationships and find pleasure in a certain routine they create with a partner. The missionary position is something a Capricorn always comes back to and what serves their responsible, reliable, and sensual nature. After all, Capricorn is an earth sign and is dedicated to experiencing the pleasures of this earthy life.
Aquarius: The Butterfly
The best position for you, Aquarius, is the butterfly. Aquarius is the perfect balance of connection and independence. You have a lot of drive in life but you also like to relax and aren’t looking for an extreme workout when you are being intimate with another. The butterfly position allows more relaxation and more focus on connection and pleasure, and this serves your easy-going, air sign nature. You want to have fun, switch things up, and do something different, as at the end of the day you are an Aquarius and are never status-quo.
Pisces: The Seashell
With your water sign energy, sex is a transcendent experience for you, Pisces. You uncover deeper parts of yourself while making love, and give your all here. The Seashell sex position is the best position for you as it’s a position that goes to the depths you are looking to go. Being a mutable sign, you also have flexibility with you that allows you to work your strength here. Depending on which side you are on here, this is a position that benefits your receptive and open nature.
Featured image by Getty Images
Tayler Barakat is a Mystic who has studied Astrology for over a decade. She does intuitive astrology and tarot readings for people all over the world, and her work focuses on healing and empowering individuals. Follow her on Instagram @taylerbarakat_ and check out her website www.listentothevirgo.com.
This article is in partnership with Sensodyne.
Our teeth are connected to so many things - our nutrition, our confidence, and our overall mood. We often take for granted how important healthy teeth are, until issues like tooth sensitivity or gum recession come to remind us. Like most things related to our bodies, prevention is the best medicine. Here are five things you can do immediately to improve your oral hygiene, prevent tooth sensitivity, and avoid dental issues down the road.
1) Go Easy On the Rough Brushing: Brushing your teeth is and always will be priority number one in the oral hygiene department. No surprises there! However, there is such a thing as applying too much pressure when brushing…and that can lead to problems over time. Use a toothbrush with soft bristles and brush in smooth, circular motions. It may seem counterintuitive, but a gentle approach to brushing is the most effective way to clean those pearly whites without wearing away enamel and exposing sensitive areas of the teeth.
2) Use A Desensitizing Toothpaste: As everyone knows, mouth pain can be highly uncomfortable; but tooth sensitivity is a whole different beast. Hot weather favorites like ice cream and popsicles have the ability to trigger tooth sensitivity, which might make you want to stay away from icy foods altogether. But as always, prevention is the best medicine here. Switching to a toothpaste like Sensodyne’s Sensitivity & Gum toothpaste specifically designed for sensitive teeth will help build a protective layer over sensitive areas of the tooth. Over time, those sharp sensations that occur with extremely cold foods will subside, and you’ll be back to treating yourself to your icy faves like this one!
3) Floss, Rinse, Brush. (And In That Order!): Have you ever heard the saying, “It’s not what you do, but how you do it”? Well, the same thing applies to taking care of your teeth. Even if you are flossing and brushing religiously, you could be missing out on some of the benefits simply because you aren’t doing so in the right order. Flossing is best to do before brushing because it removes food particles and plaque from places your toothbrush can’t reach. After a proper flossing sesh, it is important to rinse out your mouth with water after. Finally, you can whip out your toothbrush and get to brushing. Though many of us commonly rinse with water after brushing to remove excess toothpaste, it may not be the best thing for our teeth. That’s because fluoride, the active ingredient in toothpaste that protects your enamel, works best when it gets to sit on the teeth and continue working its magic. Rinsing with water after brushing doesn’t let the toothpaste go to work like it really can. Changing up your order may take some getting used to, but over time, you’ll see the difference.
4) Stay Hydrated: Upping your water supply is a no-fail way to level up your health overall, and your teeth are no exception to this rule. Drinking water not only helps maintain a healthy pH balance in your mouth, but it also washes away residue and acids that can cause enamel erosion. It also helps you steer clear of dry mouth, which is a gateway to bad breath. And who needs that?
5) Show Your Gums Some Love: When it comes to improving your smile, you may be laser-focused on getting your teeth whiter, straighter, and overall healthier. Rightfully so, as these are all attributes of a megawatt smile; but you certainly don’t want to leave gum health out of the equation. If you neglect your gums, you’ll start to notice the effects of plaque buildup, which can irritate the gums and cause gingivitis, the earliest stage of gum disease. Seeing blood while brushing and flossing is a tell-tale sign that your gums are suffering. You may also experience gum recession — a condition where the gum tissue surrounding your teeth pulls back, exposing more of your tooth. Brushing at least twice a day with a gum-protecting toothpaste like Sensodyne Sensitivity and Gum, coupled with regular dentist visits, will keep your gums shining as bright as those pearly whites.
If there’s one part of the face that seems to be the most vexing to correct, it’s the under eyes.
This delicate area has a way of being tipped off by our irregular sleep patterns, stress, and the straining that comes from our computers and phone screens. From puffiness to dark circles, it can be irksome to find the right products to soothe our under-eye concerns. Thankfully, there’s one solution that delivers a brighter and more awakened look over time, and that’s under-eye masks and eye patches.
Eye patches are giving our under-eye bags an eviction notice because they can’t hang our glowing faces rent-free. The beauty of these patches is that they are designed to bring your eyes targeted results through concentrated doses of active ingredients directly to the skin under the eyes. Typically made of thin, gel-like material and infused with ingredients like niacinamide, hyaluronic acid, caffeine, and even green teas, these small but mighty patches depuff your puffiness, brighten your dark circles, or tighten fine lines.
While every under-eye differs in its needs, every eye can benefit from an under-eye mask or patch that suits its concerns. And to help, we’ve put together the best under-eye patches to hydrate, soothe, and brighten your eyes.
The KNC Beauty All Natural Retinol Infused Eye Mask, 5-Pack, is a retinol-infused, all-natural product designed to rejuvenate your eyes. It promises to provide hydration, smoothness, reduced puffiness, and brightness without the use of chemicals. With ingredients like retinol to refine skin texture and stimulate blood flow and aloe to soothe and reduce redness, it's like getting 8 hours of beauty sleep for your eyes.
These cooling hydrogel under-eye masks from Topicals promise to fade the appearance of dark circles and discoloration in just 15 minutes. The set includes six masks and offers benefits that brighten, hydrate, depuff, and cool your under-eye area.
Peter Thomas Roth Potent-C Power Brightening Hydra-Gel Eye Patches
Grab these eye contour gel patches to brighten the eye area and combat signs of aging using a powerful form of vitamin C called THD Ascorbate, which is 50 times more potent than traditional vitamin C.
BeautyBio's Bright Eyes consists of 15 colloidal silver-infused eye gel patches designed to provide instant depuffing, brightening, and revitalization to the delicate eye area within 10 minutes. They also contain natural collagen to help diminish the appearance of fine lines, which we love.
These viral hydrogel masks offer moisture and nourishment to rejuvenate tired-looking skin. Their Snail Secretion Filtrate contains "Mucin," an effective moisturizing ingredient that soothes damaged skin and delivers deep hydration, making it suitable for dehydrated and damaged skin types. Your under-eyes will thank you.
Try these caffeine-infused patches to reduce puffiness in the under-eye area. The product features clean, vegan ingredients such as caffeine, niacinamide, and hyaluronic acid for deep hydration and moisture delivery.
The Forever Eye Mask is designed to be the “last eye mask you'll ever need.” This thin, lightweight, and reusable eye patch can hold gels, serums, and creams close to the skin for better absorption, helping your skincare products work more effectively.
Let’s make things inbox official! Sign up for the xoNecole newsletter for daily love, wellness, career, and exclusive content delivered straight to your inbox.
Featured image by blackCAT/Getty Images