I don’t know about you, but I’m making "gratitude sex" a thing this season. I’ve felt such a positive shift in my life since leading with an attitude of gratitude, and I thought, why not apply that to how I approach my sex life? Sex for me has always been a space for connection, renewal, and restoration.
Whether I’m on my knees, in complete control on top, or relishing in surrender while on my back, the pleasure I feel, the vulnerability I experience, and the touch, sight, and sounds of the man I’m writhing against as I reach my peak of completion are reminders of the power of great sex. Every time I breathe out “oh sí, oh sí” in rapid succession and the stroke hits my center just right, I’m also served a reminder of the gratitude that comes with cumming. But gratitude sex is more than being grateful for the actual act of sex, it's about placing yourself in positions (pun intended) where you can be on the receiving end of pleasure, attention, and appreciation.
This season, and any season really, I encourage you to add some gratitude to your sex life and give yourself permission to be the object of desire. As women, it turns us on to be the turn-on in sexual situations. And lately, the sex positions on my radar are a testament to that sentiment. The ‘gratitude’ sex positions below are positions that make my pleasure the focus. And trust and believe, the sex positions below are making sure your pleasure is served.
Keep reading for gratitude sex positions to try whenever you want to feel like the main course.
(Editor's note: "Receiving partner'" refers to the partner receiving the penetration. "Giving partner" refers to the partner doing the penetration.)
Depending on who you ask, this sex position is referred to as the Pretzel or even the Linguini. Either way, it is a purveyor of earth-shattering orgasms (due to the depth both parties feel) that not enough people pull up on their sex position rotation. To do it, the receiving partner lies on their side. The giving partner will then kneel behind the receiving partner's ass before pushing one of their knees in between the receiving partner's legs for access to penetrate.
The receiving partner can relax while the giving partner does the work in this position but can also opt for using a headboard as support to throw it back. Anal play is also easy to add to this position.
2.Begging for Mercy
Although I am a big fan of doggy, I understand those who aren’t the biggest fan of the position. But if you love the depth of doggy style but don’t want to sacrifice a feeling of intimacy, look no further than this position. In this variation, instead of the receiving partner being on all fours, both partners will kneel and position themselves upright. The giving partner will enter from the back and the both of you will rock against each other. For maximum pleasure, the giving partner can play with your clit as the two of you writhe. Orgasms unlocked.
Very similar to the OG Cowgirl position, Asian Cowgirl is a variation of the classic woman-on-top sex position. I say if you have the knee and leg strength to do it, give this one a go because it's great if you're looking for a more intense ride and deeper penetration while being on top. In order to do this, the receiving partner will get on top of the giving partner and squat over them, resting their feet on the bed. The receiving partner will then move up and down along the giving partner's length, using the giving partner's legs or chest for support as needed.
The giving partner might have to put a little more work in for this one but the clitoris access makes it so worth it. For The Bridge position, the giving partner will prop themselves up on their hands and feet by making an arch. Once they are in position, the giving partner will kneel in front of the receiving partner and penetrate them. And then, the receiving partner just receives as the giving partner puts in the work with their stroke.
For added support, the giving partner can lift the receiving partner’s ass while thrusting. The giving partner can feel free to add some breast and nipple play into the mix while they’re at it for even more intensity.
A variation of the classic spooning sex position, the Bent Spoon is highly regarded as a catalyst for G-spot orgasms to be made possible. Balance is most definitely required, but the fruits of your labor will truly taste sweet. In order to do the Bent Spoon, the giving partner needs to lie on their back. After that, the receiving partner will get on top of the giving partner. In the end, they will both be facing upward while they are on top of each other. The giving partner will then spread their legs and bend their knees slightly to balance themselves.
Once they are both balanced, the receiving partner will bend their legs, bringing their knees higher to their chest as the giving partner begins their thrusts. For further support, the receiving partner can prop their feet on their partner's knees.
6.Rock the Boat
In this kneeling position, the giving partner will get on their knees and sit down against the backs of their legs. The receiving partner will then get on top of them by sitting down in a squat and taking in the giving partner’s length slowly. The magic is in the teamwork for this one. The receiving partner will use their legs for strength and balance as they move up and down the giving partner’s length. If additional support is needed, the receiving partner can wrap their arms around the giving partner’s neck.
You know what they say, opposites attract, and for this sex position, Polar Opposites highlight exactly why that is. To do this sex position, both partners will lie down facing upwards but in the opposite direction (as illustrated above). The giving partner will lie down first with their legs closed and the receiving partner will position themselves on top of them in the opposite direction. The giving partner will penetrate from behind while the giving partner is positioned on top of him. For more intensity, the receiving partner can close their legs more tightly, allowing the giving partner's head to rest comfortably between the receiving partner's feet.
Let’s make things inbox official! Sign up for the xoNecole newsletter for daily love, wellness, career, and exclusive content delivered straight to your inbox.
Featured image by Blue Images/Getty Images
- Here's How To Have Some Really Great Fall-Themed Sex ›
- The Best Sex Position For Your Zodiac Sign, According To Astrology ›
This article is in partnership with Sensodyne.
Our teeth are connected to so many things - our nutrition, our confidence, and our overall mood. We often take for granted how important healthy teeth are, until issues like tooth sensitivity or gum recession come to remind us. Like most things related to our bodies, prevention is the best medicine. Here are five things you can do immediately to improve your oral hygiene, prevent tooth sensitivity, and avoid dental issues down the road.
1) Go Easy On the Rough Brushing: Brushing your teeth is and always will be priority number one in the oral hygiene department. No surprises there! However, there is such a thing as applying too much pressure when brushing…and that can lead to problems over time. Use a toothbrush with soft bristles and brush in smooth, circular motions. It may seem counterintuitive, but a gentle approach to brushing is the most effective way to clean those pearly whites without wearing away enamel and exposing sensitive areas of the teeth.
2) Use A Desensitizing Toothpaste: As everyone knows, mouth pain can be highly uncomfortable; but tooth sensitivity is a whole different beast. Hot weather favorites like ice cream and popsicles have the ability to trigger tooth sensitivity, which might make you want to stay away from icy foods altogether. But as always, prevention is the best medicine here. Switching to a toothpaste like Sensodyne’s Sensitivity & Gum toothpaste specifically designed for sensitive teeth will help build a protective layer over sensitive areas of the tooth. Over time, those sharp sensations that occur with extremely cold foods will subside, and you’ll be back to treating yourself to your icy faves like this one!
3) Floss, Rinse, Brush. (And In That Order!): Have you ever heard the saying, “It’s not what you do, but how you do it”? Well, the same thing applies to taking care of your teeth. Even if you are flossing and brushing religiously, you could be missing out on some of the benefits simply because you aren’t doing so in the right order. Flossing is best to do before brushing because it removes food particles and plaque from places your toothbrush can’t reach. After a proper flossing sesh, it is important to rinse out your mouth with water after. Finally, you can whip out your toothbrush and get to brushing. Though many of us commonly rinse with water after brushing to remove excess toothpaste, it may not be the best thing for our teeth. That’s because fluoride, the active ingredient in toothpaste that protects your enamel, works best when it gets to sit on the teeth and continue working its magic. Rinsing with water after brushing doesn’t let the toothpaste go to work like it really can. Changing up your order may take some getting used to, but over time, you’ll see the difference.
4) Stay Hydrated: Upping your water supply is a no-fail way to level up your health overall, and your teeth are no exception to this rule. Drinking water not only helps maintain a healthy pH balance in your mouth, but it also washes away residue and acids that can cause enamel erosion. It also helps you steer clear of dry mouth, which is a gateway to bad breath. And who needs that?
5) Show Your Gums Some Love: When it comes to improving your smile, you may be laser-focused on getting your teeth whiter, straighter, and overall healthier. Rightfully so, as these are all attributes of a megawatt smile; but you certainly don’t want to leave gum health out of the equation. If you neglect your gums, you’ll start to notice the effects of plaque buildup, which can irritate the gums and cause gingivitis, the earliest stage of gum disease. Seeing blood while brushing and flossing is a tell-tale sign that your gums are suffering. You may also experience gum recession — a condition where the gum tissue surrounding your teeth pulls back, exposing more of your tooth. Brushing at least twice a day with a gum-protecting toothpaste like Sensodyne Sensitivity and Gum, coupled with regular dentist visits, will keep your gums shining as bright as those pearly whites.
The Libra woman and Aries man are the divine feminine and divine masculine, coming together as one. The love compatibility between these two is one for the books. These two are opposite signs, however, their differences tend to complement each other well. This is a dynamic relationship where they know how to have a lot of fun together, but also aren’t afraid to deal with the more serious stuff that comes with a relationship.
The Libra woman is looking for her equal in love, someone who is willing to put in the same effort she is, and the Aries man sees Libra as someone he is willing to do that with.
The Love Compatibility Of A Libra Woman And An Aries Man
What attracts a Libra woman and an Aries man to each other?
There is a magnet of attraction pulling these two together, and things tend to move pretty fast in this relationship. The Libra woman is always open to love and her charming nature rarely has any challenges here. The Aries man fights for his independence and doesn’t sacrifice that unless he is completely enamored with someone.
Once the Aries man catches the eye of the Libra woman, he is typically the one to make the first move and this instantly wins the approval of Libra.
These two feel like they have known each other forever when they meet, and this spark between them doesn’t die down easily.
Hero Images Inc/Getty Images
What is the relationship like between a Libra woman and an Aries man?
The relationship between the Libra woman and the Aries man is one of balance and excitement. The Aries man tends to take on the more dominant role in this relationship and the Libra woman tends to be the more receptive one. Aries is ruled by masculine Mars, and Libra is ruled by feminine Venus. They understand they are coming from two completely different worlds, yet they also instinctively feel this underlying connection to each other and like they could be something each other needs in their lives.
The Libra woman can rely on the Aries man, and the Aries man never has to ask for the love that Libra already knows he needs.
This is a couple that is often reading each other’s minds and wanting to do a lot of the same things. However, not everything is rainbow in this relationship as well, and there are some major differences they have to overcome to make things work. One argument can lead to an explosion between these two, and addressing things when they come up rather than sweeping them under the rug, will be needed to make this relationship long-term.
What is the sex like between a Libra woman and an Aries man?
The sex between a Libra woman and an Aries man is adventurous. These are two cardinal signs with plenty of energy and stamina to keep things exciting in the bedroom. There tends to be a good give and take in this relationship, and their yin and yang energy benefits them when it comes to their sex life.
There is electricity felt between the two of them in this area of their life, and their power of attraction to each other is strong. These are two people who will want to do a lot of things together, including exploring sexually together.
The Aries man will have to be careful with being overly aggressive, however, as the soft Libra woman may not like this energy- it will completely depend on the two individuals at hand. The Libra woman wants to ease into things, the Aries man wants to get going right away. Learning about each other's bodies, and energy, and reading each other’s cues will help with this.
Petri Oeschger/Getty Images
What makes a relationship between a Libra woman and an Aries man work?
These two genuinely like each other, and that basis is a key factor for success in any relationship. The Aries man is straight to the point, direct, and inspired. The Libra woman admires these characteristics in others, as she is often herself finding her balance in this type of energy as well. Neither sign is overly emotional in a way that turns them off, and they both require a lot of the same things in a committed relationship. They want honesty, fun, good communication, passion, and to be moving towards a common goal together.
The Libra woman and Aries man don’t have a problem being real with each other and this is something they really value within the relationship. They are both very charming, and there is plenty of flirtation and attraction to keep this relationship going. Aries being the protector they are, Libra finds a sense of safety and ease in this energy, and like they have found their match. Overall, this is a well-balanced relationship and one where they don’t have a problem when it comes to compatibility or chemistry in the relationship.
What may cause a Libra woman and an Aries man to break up?
Libra is the lover, Aries is the fighter, and this energy may be tiring for the both of them after time. The Libra woman can be passive to a fault, and the Aries man who is not evolved, may take advantage of that. She will need to be careful with putting Aries’ needs above her own, creating resentment later down the road. The Aries man loves a challenge, and the Libra woman would be up for that game for a little bit, but if she is not being met in the middle, she will begin to look for other places. These two can have a difficult time keeping the peace in the relationship, and there could be a lot of arguments and disagreements here if they both aren’t willing to put their egos or self-pleasing attitudes to the side.
The Libra woman and Aries man are both more sensitive than they appear or come off as. They are also not necessarily the type to dive deep into their emotions and express them to others, even in their relationships. However, this energy can keep the relationship to a surface level than what is needed to progress and grow the relationship, and a sense of openness is required for this couple to work. Libra needs romance, she wants to be wowed. Aries needs to remember this and to always consider her love language.
Overall, this is a successful pairing. They will have their fair share of challenges in the relationship, but nothing they can’t overcome if they are willing to. The trouble will come in when it comes to the longevity of the relationship, keeping Aries excited and Libra in love. However, all in all, there is more power, attraction, and love to keep this relationship together rather than apart. No relationship is perfect, but this one is a little more blessed than most.
Let’s make things inbox official! Sign up for the xoNecole newsletter for daily love, wellness, career, and exclusive content delivered straight to your inbox.
Featured image by Weekend Images Inc./Getty Images