July is about healing, focus, and making a change. Cracks in the foundation are being shown, and depending on your perspective, you can move forward toward change or entertain the negatives. Perspective is everything, and as the month begins in Cancer Season, emotions can cloud your vision. Thankfully, the Capricorn Supermoon on July 3rd will be bringing things back to reality and helping you find your ground through the emotional whirlwind that has been. This Full Moon is an activating time that’s creating breakthroughs, building new bridges, bringing things full circle financially, and shining the spotlight on what needs to be seen.
There is even more earth energy flowing through the collective in July, with Mars entering Virgo on the 10th, where it will be until August 27th. Mars in Virgo is dedicated, compassionate, and efficient. Mars in Virgo gets things done, focuses on good health, and lends a helping hand to those who need it, and this is where a lot of people are taking action right now. This month there is positive energy flowing toward acts of service, routine, and creating order; however, be careful not to get lost in the details and perfectionism that you miss the full picture. On July 11th, Mercury enters Leo, and mentally, there is a strength here that is helping those overcome any mental burdens that have been influencing their daily life.
On July 17th, there is a New Moon in Cancer that will be closing out Cancer Season. This New Moon is a good time to set your intentions for love, emotional harmony, family, and the home. This New Moon is highlighting the emotions but is creating an opening to greater love, protection, and honesty where needed. This new Moon is about meeting your needs, dreaming the dream, and showing up for love. A few days later, on the 22nd, Venus goes retrograde in Leo, and Leo Season begins. This is when things really start heating up and when change prevails. Venus will be retrograde in Leo until September 3rd, and egos are more likely to clash during this time.
Honor the value of self-love, and you will see how this directly influences your relationship experiences with others.
As the month comes to a close, Chiron, the wounded healer, goes retrograde in Aries from July 23rd until December 26th, and Mercury enters Virgo from July 28th until October 4th. Healing is taking place in July, and sometimes it happens when we least expect it. The more you can find the balance between your head and your heart right now, the more you can see things clearly. July is therapeutic and is needed.
ARIESAriesKyra Jay for xoNecole
July is all about going after what you want, Aries. Focus on your positive intentions and create a plan to succeed. You have the energy, the charisma, and you are in the right place to make things happen this month. Mars, your ruling planet, moves into your 6th house this month, and you are all about good energy, good health, and creating routines that both nourish and bring order to your daily life.
You are someone who is independent and who loves to do things alone, and this month you are realizing that you can accomplish your personal goals with others by your side. The New Moon on the 17th of this month is happening in your 4th house of home, and you are connecting to those that have your back and support your well-being. July is a perfect month for you to set your intentions and show up.
TAURUSTaurusKyra Jay for xoNecole
This month is a time of finding your balance, Taurus. You are feeling in tune with the ebb and flow of life, and you are seeing a positive return on the things you have been investing in. Energy is everything, and you are receiving the abundance that you have been giving. A Supermoon is happening in a fellow earth sign at the beginning of the month, Capricorn, and July 3rd will be a time of clarity, closure, and happiness for you. Don’t be afraid to communicate your needs this month, Taurus.
Moving into July, Venus goes retrograde in Leo until September, and for you, you could be spending more time at home over the next few months. Your safe spaces are where you feel most comfortable and loved, and right now, that’s with your family, close loved ones, and objects of treasure. Over the next few months, you will be tuning into your heart and discovering where you want to lay down new roots, where you can give yourself more TLC and self-care, and who you want along with you for the ride.
GEMINIGeminiKyra Jay for xoNecole
July is a month of communication, executing your plans, and seeing through the smoke and mirrors. You are rising above what’s been and are ready to see things in the light, Gemini. At the beginning of the month, you are feeling things through and taking the time to honor your emotional well-being, rest, and seek more time tending to your own needs. You are prioritizing your time and energy and focusing on the things that truly matter to you at the end of the day.
The New Moon happening this month on the 17th is a time for you to set intentions when it comes to your finances, income, balance, and self-confidence. This New Moon is urging you to see how willing you have been to see a new beginning here and will be opening new doors that you will have to find the courage to walk through. Venus goes retrograde for the summer toward the end of July, and for you, this time will be helping you communicate more effectively and to re-discover some of your truths.
CANCERCancerKyra Jay for xoNecole
Cancer Season is underway, and July is a month of love for you, Cancer. This is a time when partnerships in your life are thriving, and your life is colored by love. You have come to such a good place emotionally that you can’t help but to rejoice in where you are and your current reality. Things are changing, but you are embracing every moment of it. The Supermoon on July 3rd will be when you begin to see these changes and growth within love and when you are getting the full picture of some important relationships in your life.
The July New Moon will be in your sign on the 17th, and this New Moon is a magical one. You are in tune with the universe, and where your life is is where you want it to be. Set your intentions for the path you see for yourself in the future, and don’t be afraid to take risks right now. July is all about investing in yourself and your relationships. You have what it takes to feel balanced in not just one but many areas of your life, and this is the month that’s opening that door for you.
LEOLeoKyra Jay for xoNecole
July is all about owning your strength, Leo. You have been moving mountains, and this is another one of those months where some more courage is needed. Your mind is especially active this month with Mercury entering your sign on the 11th, and this energy can lead to overthinking. Meditate, find your ground, and gain new inspiration. You are protected as you prepare, focus on yourself more, and figure things out this month.
The New Moon on the 17th is when you are ready to let go of the past, heal, and see how better things will be for you when you free yourself from past burdens. You deserve healing, and as Venus goes retrograde in Leo from the 22nd until September, you are finally getting that opportunity to heal. Leo Season begins on the same day, signifying a time when the focus is on you and your heart and when you are experiencing a personal transformation.
VIRGOVirgoKyra Jay for xoNecole
July is a month of abundance for you, Virgo. Your cup is full and overflowing, and you are feeling gratitude for the blessings that are appearing for you now. This is a month to honor your skills, dedication, work ethic, and determination and to accept your due rewards with an open heart. The Supermoon at the beginning of the month is showering some love and receptivity in your life, and you are feeling heard and seen in July, Virgo. You are entering the month with an inner confidence that is leading you to success.
Mars enters your sign on the 10th, where it will be until late August, and you have more energy at your disposal during this time. You are all about action and putting in the effort, and your spirits are high this month. Mercury enters Virgo before the month ends, and more energy is working in your favor. Your mind is in the right place, and you are turning dirt into diamonds. This month is reminding you that you deserve to enjoy the successes you work so hard for, and there is plenty of it to enjoy.
LIBRALibraKyra Jay for xoNecole
July is a month where you get to take a deep breath, Libra. You have been worried about the things you are seeing come to fruition this month and seeing that everything turned out better than expected for you. Your career, finances, and safety nets are a big priority for you right now, and you are experiencing positive revelations here this month. The Supermoon happening at the beginning of July is helping you feel more grounded and fruitful and is bringing good energy into the home for you.
The New Moon happening later in the month is aligning with your 10th house of career and achievements, and you are claiming your successes. You have been working on your skills and mindset and are in a position now where you can help inspire and give opportunities to others. You are seeing growth financially in July, and life is coming full circle for you. Before the month ends, Venus goes retrograde in Leo, and this for you will be tapping into your friendships. Try to see all perspectives and focus on building your community right now.
SCORPIOScorpioKyra Jay for xoNecole
This is an inspiring month for you, Scorpio. You are feeling enlivened after somewhat of a stagnant year, and you are reaching for the stars right now. One thing is happening after the other, and you have been looking forward to this change of pace. The Supermoon on the 3rd will be opening up new channels of communication for you and will be giving you some clarity on the answers you have been looking for. You are ready to move on from what hasn’t been working and are effectively seeing new pathways and opportunities in your life.
Mars moves into your 11th house of hopes and dreams, friendships, and community in mid-July, and you are spending more time around your soulmates and your people over the next month. You are in a social time in your life, and there are plenty of fun experiences to be had. Venus goes retrograde at the end of the month and will be bringing things into perspective when it comes to your career, reputation, and where your heart stands with how you are showing up for your goals. Be patient when it comes to what you are trying to achieve right now.
SAGITTARIUSSagittariusKyra Jay for xoNecole
Divine timing is everything this month, Sagittarius. Your intentions will seed to fruition, but some more time may be needed right now. Remember that protection can sometimes look like rejection and that what is meant for you will be for you. With Mars aligning in your career zone over the next month, you may be feeling more pressure to perform, to be successful, and to reach the goals you have been working towards. However, don’t forget to appreciate where and who you are now while you strive for what you want to become.
There is a New Moon on July 17th that will be in your 8th house of commitment and intimacy, and you are getting an opportunity to see where you feel that emotional receptivity in your life and where you can be a little more vulnerable and experience more growth here. Giving yourself and others grace is key this month, and it's best to not take anything personally. Venus goes retrograde in a fellow fire sign, Leo, at the end of the month, and it’s best to plan out all of your adventures thoroughly over the next few months.
CAPRICORNCapricornKyra Jay for xoNecole
July is the start of something new for you, Capricorn. You are ready for a new adventure, and you are embarking on one right now. This is the month when you are seeing previous roadblocks disappear and new life appear. There is a Supermoon this month on July 3rd, and it’s happening in your sign. You are closing out a chapter of your life that felt more personally limiting to you and are breaking free from what has been. This Full Moon is a time of letting go of what was and getting excited about what’s to be, and this is an impactful time for you.
Mars moves into Virgo on the 10th and moves into your house of adventure, travel, education, and spirituality. The next month is a great time for you to travel, spend time in nature, and explore the world around you. This is an inspiring month for you overall, and you will be getting into a lot of different fun activities. The New Moon happening before the month ends is occurring in your sister sign, Cancer, and love is moving into a new chapter for you. Your willingness to move forward is creating more room for love to enter your life.
AQUARIUSAquariusKyra Jay for xoNecole
In July, you are embarking into the unknown, Aquarius. You are taking a leap of faith in yourself, and you are trusting that the universe will be there to catch you. You are finding your balance with what you are working on letting go of and where you want to be, and you are being nudged to get out of your comfort zone more this month. The Supermoon happening at the beginning of the month will be helping you overcome fears and see where this has been coming from so that you can heal and let go where needed.
Moving further into July, there is a New Moon on the 17th, and this is a good time for you to set your intentions for your daily life, routine, health, and working world. Get things in order this month, and focus on what is going to benefit you now and in the long term. Venus goes retrograde in Leo on the 22nd before the month ends, and you are going to be learning a lot about love and your close relationships and will be experiencing a rejuvenation and change here over the next couple of months.
PISCESPiscesKyra Jay for xoNecole
Fireworks are going off for you this month, Pisces. July is about seeing the growth in your life and about enjoying the present moment. You are free to be, to live, and to love, and you are feeling all the things this month. With a Supermoon at the start of the month happening in your house of hopes and dreams, you are feeling inspired to live your life to the fullest and to nurture the things that light you up inside. You deserve to take those moments out to enjoy your life, and you are great creative when doing so right now.
Mars moves into your sister sign, Virgo, on July 10th, and you are motivated to connect, focus on your one-on-one relationships, and express your heart. You are feeling the passion for love and your relationships, and love is in the air for you in July. What you believe, you can make a reality, and you are seeing some of your intentions for love manifest for you this month. The New Moon on the 17th will be ushering in some more good energy into your love life, and this is a month of romance for you. Look at new beginnings in your life as the blessings they are, and have fun this month, Pisces.
Let’s make things inbox official! Sign up for the xoNecole newsletter for daily love, wellness, career, and exclusive content delivered straight to your inbox.
Featured image by Kyra Jay for xoNecole
Tayler Barakat is a Mystic who has studied Astrology for over a decade. She does intuitive astrology and tarot readings for people all over the world, and her work focuses on healing and empowering individuals. Follow her on Instagram @taylerbarakat_ and check out her website www.listentothevirgo.com.
This article is in partnership with Sensodyne.
Our teeth are connected to so many things - our nutrition, our confidence, and our overall mood. We often take for granted how important healthy teeth are, until issues like tooth sensitivity or gum recession come to remind us. Like most things related to our bodies, prevention is the best medicine. Here are five things you can do immediately to improve your oral hygiene, prevent tooth sensitivity, and avoid dental issues down the road.
1) Go Easy On the Rough Brushing: Brushing your teeth is and always will be priority number one in the oral hygiene department. No surprises there! However, there is such a thing as applying too much pressure when brushing…and that can lead to problems over time. Use a toothbrush with soft bristles and brush in smooth, circular motions. It may seem counterintuitive, but a gentle approach to brushing is the most effective way to clean those pearly whites without wearing away enamel and exposing sensitive areas of the teeth.
2) Use A Desensitizing Toothpaste: As everyone knows, mouth pain can be highly uncomfortable; but tooth sensitivity is a whole different beast. Hot weather favorites like ice cream and popsicles have the ability to trigger tooth sensitivity, which might make you want to stay away from icy foods altogether. But as always, prevention is the best medicine here. Switching to a toothpaste like Sensodyne’s Sensitivity & Gum toothpaste specifically designed for sensitive teeth will help build a protective layer over sensitive areas of the tooth. Over time, those sharp sensations that occur with extremely cold foods will subside, and you’ll be back to treating yourself to your icy faves like this one!
3) Floss, Rinse, Brush. (And In That Order!): Have you ever heard the saying, “It’s not what you do, but how you do it”? Well, the same thing applies to taking care of your teeth. Even if you are flossing and brushing religiously, you could be missing out on some of the benefits simply because you aren’t doing so in the right order. Flossing is best to do before brushing because it removes food particles and plaque from places your toothbrush can’t reach. After a proper flossing sesh, it is important to rinse out your mouth with water after. Finally, you can whip out your toothbrush and get to brushing. Though many of us commonly rinse with water after brushing to remove excess toothpaste, it may not be the best thing for our teeth. That’s because fluoride, the active ingredient in toothpaste that protects your enamel, works best when it gets to sit on the teeth and continue working its magic. Rinsing with water after brushing doesn’t let the toothpaste go to work like it really can. Changing up your order may take some getting used to, but over time, you’ll see the difference.
4) Stay Hydrated: Upping your water supply is a no-fail way to level up your health overall, and your teeth are no exception to this rule. Drinking water not only helps maintain a healthy pH balance in your mouth, but it also washes away residue and acids that can cause enamel erosion. It also helps you steer clear of dry mouth, which is a gateway to bad breath. And who needs that?
5) Show Your Gums Some Love: When it comes to improving your smile, you may be laser-focused on getting your teeth whiter, straighter, and overall healthier. Rightfully so, as these are all attributes of a megawatt smile; but you certainly don’t want to leave gum health out of the equation. If you neglect your gums, you’ll start to notice the effects of plaque buildup, which can irritate the gums and cause gingivitis, the earliest stage of gum disease. Seeing blood while brushing and flossing is a tell-tale sign that your gums are suffering. You may also experience gum recession — a condition where the gum tissue surrounding your teeth pulls back, exposing more of your tooth. Brushing at least twice a day with a gum-protecting toothpaste like Sensodyne Sensitivity and Gum, coupled with regular dentist visits, will keep your gums shining as bright as those pearly whites.
An author by the name of Alexandra Katehakis once said this about orgasms: “Great spiritual teachers throughout the ages have stated that orgasm is the closest some people come to a spiritual experience because of the momentary loss of self. Why is this true? Because with spiritual sex, you move beyond orgasm into a connection with yourself, your partner, and the divine — recognizing them all as one.”
If it’s counterintuitive to what you’ve ever thought about orgasms, believe it or not, there are even pastors who have said that climaxing is the closest comprehension of heaven on this side of it: it is an extreme kind of bliss that is indescribable and is best experienced between two people who share a sacrificial kind of love for one another.
Although this might seem like a heavy way to intro this particular topic, because the O Method is an orgasm-achieving technique that centers around housing energy, embracing the mental practice of manifestation, and the attempt to achieve the best climaxes ever — it all works together pretty well if you ask me. If you want to take your orgasms to the next level, it’s important that you get out of yourself (to a certain extent), that you see the spiritual role that manifestation plays, and that you are open to trying new things. No doubt about it.
So, let’s learn more about what the O Method is all about and how it very well could be just what you’ve been looking for…even if you didn’t know it.
What Is the “O Method” All About?Giphy
Question: When’s the last time you’ve had an orgasm? Not just any orgasm — I mean a really mind-blowing one (I’ll give you a second to think about it). Now, what if you could manifest that experience to the point where it wasn’t a rare occurrence but something that happened almost every time that you and your partner had sex with each other? How absolutely awesome would that be?
That is pretty much what the O Method is all about — helping you achieve the kind of orgasms (and sexual pleasure, in general) that you desire through the practice of manifestation. And since your biggest sex organ is your brain, it would make perfect sense that even with all of the tips and techniques that you might learn to do as far as your body is concerned, honing in on what you think about is super imperative to sexual fulfillment, too. And that’s just where manifestation comes in.
What If You’ve Never “Manifested” Anything Before?Giphy
Before we get into a quick lesson on manifestation, I think it’s important to mention two things. One, for the cynics, there is a lot of truth in the fact that it’s got some solid spiritual basis to it because even the Good Book says that as a man thinketh in his heart, so is he (Proverbs 23:7). At the same time, that same Good Book tells us that faith without works is dead (James 2:14-26). So, while it is always a good idea to focus on good, positive, and productive thoughts, just thinking about them isn’t enough — at some point, you’ve also gotta get out here and DO something (bookmark that).
Okay, with that mini-sermon out of the way, whether it’s in the bedroom or not, manifestation is basically about focusing on something tangible that you desire, harnessing your energy in such a way that your words and actions are directed towards that longing until what you want, well, manifests. For the record, aside from this having a spiritual backing to it, in many ways, science cosigns on manifesting, too. There is actually a scientific process known as neuroplasticity that consists of reframing your mind so that your actions ultimately end up aligning with your goals — and that is another way to look at manifestation.
So, what if you’re someone who has never set out to do a manifestation practice before? No worries. Something that’s awesome about it is there are several different approaches that you can take.
Some people manifest what they want in their lives via:
- Visualization/Creating vision boards
- Writing down their desires before going to bed (so that they can “download” them into their dream state)
- Creating mantras and affirmations
- Applying the 369 Manifestation Method (you can learn more about that here)
- Learning more about what you want to manifest (which brings forth clarity)
This is important to keep in mind because, when it comes to manifesting the types of orgasms that you want to have, as you can see, you can try different manifestation methods until you find one (or ones) that you are truly comfortable with. One that can ease you into the entire process rather smoothly is something known as sex journaling.
How Sex Journaling Can Actually Help You to Have an OrgasmGiphy
As a writer, I’m a big fan of journaling. Mostly because it’s a way to get out some of your deepest thoughts and feelings so that you’re able to really process what is happening inside of you in a private setting. And when it comes to sex journaling, specifically, it’s all about centering yourself on the things sexually that you want to “unpack,” get clarity on or come to some revelations about. For instance, if there’s only been one partner from your past who’s been able to help you achieve the type of orgasms that you wish to manifest, journaling about what makes him different from the other guys can provide you with some solid ah-ha moments.
Or if you need help getting as specific as possible about the sexual experiences that you’re after, journaling can help to make that happen for you — because one thing that manifesting reminds us all to do is be as specific as possible.
Yeah, simply saying, “I want to have better sex” isn’t detailed enough when you want to get your energy to match with your desires — instead, describe how all of your senses should feel in the experience, along with why, that can get you so much closer to achieving your goal. Once those things are documented, you can segue into creating mantras and/or meditation that are based on them. Yeah, sex journaling really is an underrated superpower on a lot of levels (check out “The Art Of Sex Journaling (And Why You Should Do It)”).
5 Tips for Making the O Method Work for YouGiphy
Now that you know more about what the O Method is and how manifestation plays a direct role in its process, let’s talk about five ways to make the O Method truly effective in your own (sex) life.
1. Focus, FULLY, on your feminine energy. What do rose quartz, amethyst, moonstone (which is a Gemini birthstone as well; yes, I’m a Gemini), selenite, and rhodonite all have in common? They’re crystals that help you to go deeper into your divine feminine energy. Traits that are associated with this include compassion, creativity, kindness, gentleness, and sensuality (feminine energy is also accepting and forgiving). If you were to study energy from a biological standpoint, it’s about producing change, responding to stimuli, and having the ability to do what needs to be done (work). So, when it comes to manifesting the kind of orgasms or sexual experiences that you want, using things like your creativity and gentleness in your thoughts and actions can play a role in bringing balance to your partner’s masculinity, which can create a profound sense of pleasure — after all, opposites do attract.
2. Don’t hold back on what it is that you desire. Whenever I interview sex therapists, something that they all say is, a huge mistake that people make as far as sexual satisfaction is concerned is, they have walls up — not just with their partners but even within themselves. Sometimes, there is intimidation, fear, or even shame around what they really want to happen during sex to the point where they aren’t able to channel their energy fully in those directions in order to manifest what they want. For the O Method to work, you can’t let those types of negative emotions hinder you; the more you are able to articulate what you want and how you want it, the better chance you have of making it happen. So yes, get graphic. As graphic as possible.
3. Make manifestation a daily practice. Repetition is important when it comes to manifestation. That’s because the more you declare what you desire (a mantra), get still and think on it (meditation), or look at the “art” that you’ve created surrounding it (visualization), the quicker it becomes a part of you. So yes, make manifestation a daily practice. For instance, if one of your mantras is, “I am going to have intensely passionate orgasms, one right after the other,” don’t just state that 15 minutes before sex is going to happen. Wake up and declare it. Then say it on your lunch break. And again before turning in. The more your thoughts are “streamlined” in this way, the easier it will be for your body to follow suit.
4. Share this practice with your partner. If you were to do even more research on the O Method, one thing that most of the articles will mention is it’s a practice that you can do alone or with your partner. Indeed. However, I just want to make sure that you get into your psyche that great sex is, in part, about good communication. And so, the more comfortable you are sharing with your partner what you are doing as far as the O Method is concerned and what you ultimately want to happen as a result of the practice, the easier it will be for him to “match your energy” — both in and out of the bedroom. And when your partner is on the same page as you? That definitely increases the chances of attaining your sexual desires — exponentially so.
5. Stay in the moment. While I was reading one article on manifestation, I really appreciated something that the author said: manifestation isn’t some supernatural power. In other words, while it can be beneficial, it’s not like you can just think of something, and it instantly appears out of nowhere. Manifesting is a discipline, and it must be accompanied by action, consistency, and patience — this means that you must also practice mindfulness. Meaning, now that you know better what you’re looking to achieve as far as sex is concerned, every time that it transpires, maintain a level of positive energy, remember what your end goal is, and then determine in your mind to enjoy the moments as they come. Remember, manifestation isn’t to add stress…it’s to cultivate clarity.
At the end of the day, the O Method is simply a way of reminding you that your mind plays a huge role in your sexual pleasure, and when you channel it and your energy exactly where you want them both to go, you’ll be amazed what your body is capable of doing…and accomplishing.
So, what kind of orgasm are you wanting to achieve? You’ve got a tool to get you there. USE IT.
Let’s make things inbox official! Sign up for the xoNecole newsletter for daily love, wellness, career, and exclusive content delivered straight to your inbox.
Featured image by Giphy