The Full Moon in Gemini taking place on December 18 will be one that highlights the importance of communication. Expect turning points as a result of deep conversations during this time. In astrology, a Full Moon represents a period of culmination. Your body’s ability to absorb minerals and retain nutrients is heightened and things that have been lingering unaddressed will come to the forefront now for resolution and conclusion.
With this Full Moon taking place in Gemini, a sign ruled by Mercury, expect a period of time that carries wild card energy and focuses on technology, short-term travel, and interactions with others, especially neighbors and siblings. Any short-term road trips that you take now may bring or represent a major turning point in the way you view and approach your relationships and life in general.
The Full Moon brings things that have been lingering unresolved or that have been in the works to complete fruition. Full Moon energy lasts for the three days preceding and the three days following the exact day it takes place. Look out for any noteworthy experiences— revelations, conversations or hunches during this time. They hold more significance and weight than they would at other times during the month. They are likely to affect the way you live your life and the decisions that you make moving forward.
Experiences that occur during a Full Moon mark a shift in the way you usually operate and are meant to put you more in line with your truest and highest purpose.
Here's what the Full Moon in Gemini has in store for your zodiac sign:
We Are/Getty Images
The energy of the Full Moon in Gemini is positive and optimistic. You are likely to feel particularly hopeful and motivated and your ability to absorb this energy is intensified at this time. Amplify these good vibes with yellow- and orange-colored crystals.
Better yet, bathe with them to better boost the fortunate experiences that are likely to accompany the Full Moon in Gemini phase for you!
You’re likely to experience a significant conversation during this time that shifts your perspective in a major way. Time spent with siblings or neighbors will be especially rewarding, Aries.
You are going to experience due recognition at work, in some form, or come to the realization about something that enhances—or takes away from—your self-esteem, earning power, and value. Now is the time where your hard work—or lack thereof—will pay off. This is a full-circle moment for you, Taurus.
Gemini, you are likely to come to a realization about yourself through a conversation with a sibling, neighbor, an article you read online, a social media post, or something you experience during a short trip away from home.
Pay attention to any strong hunches or gut instincts that you experience about yourself and knee-jerk reactions during this time. They are likely to spotlight any defensive or self-destructive patterns that may be hindering you from being your best self in life and in your relationships, Cancer. Meditate or take a spiritual bath during this time.
Something that you’ve been suspecting about a friend or a member of your social circle will be fully revealed or confirmed now. The way that you interact with this person or group will change as a result, Leo.
A seemingly insignificant event or conversation at work will mark a shift in the future of your career, Virgo. Remain alert and take advantage of any seemingly casual opportunities now. What you do now will impact the future of your career in a small way short-term, but in a significant way for the long haul.
Step out of your comfort zone this week, Libra! You will receive blessings as a result of engaging in anything that expands your mind, experiences, and body of knowledge.
Sex will be particularly transformative for you during this time, Scorpio. You may experience epiphanies about the way you interact with and express your sexuality. Receiving a bonus, inheritance, or monetary gift is also highlighted under this moon phase.
You are likely to experience an epiphany about the person you view as your life partner or about someone who could potentially fill that role for you, Sagittarius. Any feelings, conversations, or epiphanies that you experience about people during this time are noteworthy and mark a shift in the way you choose to view and interact with them.
You are likely to either have a doctor’s appointment, medical procedure, or to be given new job responsibilities in the days preceding and following this full moon phase, Capricorn! Other Caps will find themselves signing up for a new workout class or sharpening up their daily routines and health regimens.
Get ready to experience a realization about your need to live according to your true self, Aquarius. An epiphany or sudden revelation related to your self-expression, sexually and creatively, will mark a shift in the way you approach living a life that’s more in line with who you are inside. This is an excellent time for conceiving a child.
Considering moving, Pisces? Feel like sprucing up your place? In the market for a new apartment or home? You are likely to make a decision about something home- or family-related, or something that increases your feelings of stability this week.
Featured image by We Are/Getty Images
- What Does The Full Moon In Sagittarius Mean? - xoNecole ... ›
- Your Moon Sign And Your Relationship With Your Mother ... ›
- Your December 2021 Monthly Horoscopes Are Here! - xoNecole ... ›
This article is in partnership with Sensodyne.
Our teeth are connected to so many things - our nutrition, our confidence, and our overall mood. We often take for granted how important healthy teeth are, until issues like tooth sensitivity or gum recession come to remind us. Like most things related to our bodies, prevention is the best medicine. Here are five things you can do immediately to improve your oral hygiene, prevent tooth sensitivity, and avoid dental issues down the road.
1) Go Easy On the Rough Brushing: Brushing your teeth is and always will be priority number one in the oral hygiene department. No surprises there! However, there is such a thing as applying too much pressure when brushing…and that can lead to problems over time. Use a toothbrush with soft bristles and brush in smooth, circular motions. It may seem counterintuitive, but a gentle approach to brushing is the most effective way to clean those pearly whites without wearing away enamel and exposing sensitive areas of the teeth.
2) Use A Desensitizing Toothpaste: As everyone knows, mouth pain can be highly uncomfortable; but tooth sensitivity is a whole different beast. Hot weather favorites like ice cream and popsicles have the ability to trigger tooth sensitivity, which might make you want to stay away from icy foods altogether. But as always, prevention is the best medicine here. Switching to a toothpaste like Sensodyne’s Sensitivity & Gum toothpaste specifically designed for sensitive teeth will help build a protective layer over sensitive areas of the tooth. Over time, those sharp sensations that occur with extremely cold foods will subside, and you’ll be back to treating yourself to your icy faves like this one!
3) Floss, Rinse, Brush. (And In That Order!): Have you ever heard the saying, “It’s not what you do, but how you do it”? Well, the same thing applies to taking care of your teeth. Even if you are flossing and brushing religiously, you could be missing out on some of the benefits simply because you aren’t doing so in the right order. Flossing is best to do before brushing because it removes food particles and plaque from places your toothbrush can’t reach. After a proper flossing sesh, it is important to rinse out your mouth with water after. Finally, you can whip out your toothbrush and get to brushing. Though many of us commonly rinse with water after brushing to remove excess toothpaste, it may not be the best thing for our teeth. That’s because fluoride, the active ingredient in toothpaste that protects your enamel, works best when it gets to sit on the teeth and continue working its magic. Rinsing with water after brushing doesn’t let the toothpaste go to work like it really can. Changing up your order may take some getting used to, but over time, you’ll see the difference.
4) Stay Hydrated: Upping your water supply is a no-fail way to level up your health overall, and your teeth are no exception to this rule. Drinking water not only helps maintain a healthy pH balance in your mouth, but it also washes away residue and acids that can cause enamel erosion. It also helps you steer clear of dry mouth, which is a gateway to bad breath. And who needs that?
5) Show Your Gums Some Love: When it comes to improving your smile, you may be laser-focused on getting your teeth whiter, straighter, and overall healthier. Rightfully so, as these are all attributes of a megawatt smile; but you certainly don’t want to leave gum health out of the equation. If you neglect your gums, you’ll start to notice the effects of plaque buildup, which can irritate the gums and cause gingivitis, the earliest stage of gum disease. Seeing blood while brushing and flossing is a tell-tale sign that your gums are suffering. You may also experience gum recession — a condition where the gum tissue surrounding your teeth pulls back, exposing more of your tooth. Brushing at least twice a day with a gum-protecting toothpaste like Sensodyne Sensitivity and Gum, coupled with regular dentist visits, will keep your gums shining as bright as those pearly whites.
If there’s one part of the face that seems to be the most vexing to correct, it’s the under eyes.
This delicate area has a way of being tipped off by our irregular sleep patterns, stress, and the straining that comes from our computers and phone screens. From puffiness to dark circles, it can be irksome to find the right products to soothe our under-eye concerns. Thankfully, there’s one solution that delivers a brighter and more awakened look over time, and that’s under-eye masks and eye patches.
Eye patches are giving our under-eye bags an eviction notice because they can’t hang our glowing faces rent-free. The beauty of these patches is that they are designed to bring your eyes targeted results through concentrated doses of active ingredients directly to the skin under the eyes. Typically made of thin, gel-like material and infused with ingredients like niacinamide, hyaluronic acid, caffeine, and even green teas, these small but mighty patches depuff your puffiness, brighten your dark circles, or tighten fine lines.
While every under-eye differs in its needs, every eye can benefit from an under-eye mask or patch that suits its concerns. And to help, we’ve put together the best under-eye patches to hydrate, soothe, and brighten your eyes.
The KNC Beauty All Natural Retinol Infused Eye Mask, 5-Pack, is a retinol-infused, all-natural product designed to rejuvenate your eyes. It promises to provide hydration, smoothness, reduced puffiness, and brightness without the use of chemicals. With ingredients like retinol to refine skin texture and stimulate blood flow and aloe to soothe and reduce redness, it's like getting 8 hours of beauty sleep for your eyes.
These cooling hydrogel under-eye masks from Topicals promise to fade the appearance of dark circles and discoloration in just 15 minutes. The set includes six masks and offers benefits that brighten, hydrate, depuff, and cool your under-eye area.
Peter Thomas Roth Potent-C Power Brightening Hydra-Gel Eye Patches
Grab these eye contour gel patches to brighten the eye area and combat signs of aging using a powerful form of vitamin C called THD Ascorbate, which is 50 times more potent than traditional vitamin C.
BeautyBio's Bright Eyes consists of 15 colloidal silver-infused eye gel patches designed to provide instant depuffing, brightening, and revitalization to the delicate eye area within 10 minutes. They also contain natural collagen to help diminish the appearance of fine lines, which we love.
These viral hydrogel masks offer moisture and nourishment to rejuvenate tired-looking skin. Their Snail Secretion Filtrate contains "Mucin," an effective moisturizing ingredient that soothes damaged skin and delivers deep hydration, making it suitable for dehydrated and damaged skin types. Your under-eyes will thank you.
Try these caffeine-infused patches to reduce puffiness in the under-eye area. The product features clean, vegan ingredients such as caffeine, niacinamide, and hyaluronic acid for deep hydration and moisture delivery.
The Forever Eye Mask is designed to be the “last eye mask you'll ever need.” This thin, lightweight, and reusable eye patch can hold gels, serums, and creams close to the skin for better absorption, helping your skincare products work more effectively.
Let’s make things inbox official! Sign up for the xoNecole newsletter for daily love, wellness, career, and exclusive content delivered straight to your inbox.
Featured image by blackCAT/Getty Images