Say These Self-Affirmations To Start Your Day On The Right Note
How you start your day can very well determine how it will go and even how it will end. Kicking off your morning with self-affirmations can be a major game-changer for your entire day. It can up that confidence and help you accomplish so much more because you'll feel the strength to do it. I know I've had so many mornings when I just wake up in a funk, and that messes up my attitude for an entire day.
Adding these self-affirmations to my morning regimen, and then even repeating them throughout the day (because it's very clear that things and people can test us), has seriously helped me learn that I can control how my day goes and how I feel throughout it. Check out some of my favorites below.
"I'm More Than Enough"
As women, it's so easy to think we're not doing enough. We're constantly facing this battle and balance between self-care and providing for everyone else around us, and that's before rejection is thrown into the mix.
Having an off day can definitely make any woman come down way too hard on herself and make her feel like she's slipping. Having this daily reminder that you're not just enough but that you're more than enough can serve as a constant notice that you're doing an amazing job.
"I Don't Sweat The Small Stuff And Choose To Be Peaceful"
One night this week my husband and I had the smallest disagreement you can think of. I woke up the next morning and thought, "Am I still supposed to be mad at him?" I couldn't even remember what happened. I told him, and we laughed it off, but we haven't always been able to do that.
When it comes to marriage, work, or anything that can have unexpected challenges, it's so easy to sweat the small stuff and make it a much bigger deal than what it is. Going beyond just making the decision to not overexaggerate little things, and literally confessing that you won't do it, can help you laugh off the small conflicts that could have otherwise brought down your entire day and spirit.
"I Can Succeed In Anything I Put My Mind To"
Before you take on the day, say and believe that anything you go after will be successful. It doesn't have to be like every other seemingly ordinary day.
While this affirmation is pretty self-explanatory, it also calls for action, because you can't be successful at something if you don't know what success looks like for you. Think about writing down everything you want to accomplish. Later, you'll be able to look back at the day and see it as a great one. Then, go after every aspiration that you wrote down with the belief that you can do it.
If it doesn't turn out the way you plan, at least you'll be one step closer and can try again tomorrow.
"I Love Myself Just The Way I Am"
The morning seems to be the time where self-doubt and insecurities reign supreme. While we should be bright-eyed and twerking in front of the mirror from excitement about what the day will bring, it's easy to find ourselves picking apart every little detail of our inner and outer features.
At some point, we just have to tell ourselves that we're perfect the way we are. Saying this affirmation will help you start the day with confidence instead of anxiety and self-doubt. Feel free to repeat it when you're tempted to look into the mirror in your car and examine every part of you. Whatever flaws you have, doesn't mean that you're not worthy of self-love.
"I Don't Let Fear Stop Me From Trying New Things"
While it's easy to hate fear, it's even easier to let it rule over us. With it, we tend to stay in the box that we've always rocked. Without it, there's no limit to how far we can go.
I've always heard the statement fear stands for is False Evidence Appearing Real. So what are we afraid of? Confessing this affirmation about fear at the beginning of the day can help you tap into your bravery for something small like trying new food that you would never eat, to something major like starting a business.
"I Choose To Be Happy & Content Where I Am, On The Way To Where I'm Going"
This affirmation is an amazing one because it not only makes it clear that you'll be happy no matter what situation you're in but also says you don't plan on staying there.
It presents this perfect balance between being content and striving for more. It's a reminder to you that your life is an amazing one, but that there's so much more out there for you to experience. Saying this can not only make you feel better but inspire and push you to go after better.
"I'm Healthy And Make The Best Decisions For My Body"
If you're on this lifelong journey of living healthily, this affirmation will help you start your day off the way you've hoped. I know for me, there are days when I'll say I'm eating healthy and then eat five pieces of chocolate before I even realize what happened.
You might feel weird at first but making this confession in the morning and repeating it when those tempting moments come (because they definitely will) can get you closer to your goal than you might think. Soon you'll start feeling yourself like, "aayyyee I got this."
"I Choose To Get Rid Of Old Negative Habits And Embrace New Positive Ones"
What's one habit that you've been trying your hardest to break but can't? Write it down and remind yourself every morning that you're going to stop doing it. It's easy to fall into a habit for long periods of time without even recognizing that we're doing it. Before we know it, we've started doing something we feel like we can't stop.
Making this declaration daily is a reminder but can also let you know you're strong enough to overcome whatever you feel is holding you back.
"I Know My Own Self-Worth And My Confidence Is Amazing"
I think we can all benefit from saying this when we're scrolling on social media, or when we're at work and someone is coming for our patience.
Either way, letting yourself know that you're worth whatever you want and more helps boost that confidence and makes it clear to you more than anyone else that you're valued. Pairing this affirmation with other ones listed previously like, "I am enough" and "I love myself the way I am," can seriously bring your self-love to a new level and make your days so much better.
"The Best Is Yet To Come And Today Will Be The Best Day I've Ever Had"
No matter how great or bad your life is going, your best days can still be ahead. I was at an event recently and it seemed like the DJ refused to play songs outside of the 2003-2008 era, but I was completely fine with it because it reminded me of the amazing times I had in high school and college.
Sometimes it's so easy to glorify our past that we don't realize the life-changing moments we're in now and have ahead of us. Proclaiming this statement lets you know that while you've had some amazing times, the best is yet to come sis.
Positive Affirmations Helped Ciara Manifest The Man Of Her Dreams – Read More
4 Affirmations To Help You Through A Breakup – Read More
The Power Of Positive Speaking Can Change Your Life – Read More
How To Change Negative Energy Into Positive Vibes – Read More
Featured image by Shutterstock
- 'You Are Worthy': 5 Empowering Mantras That Will Help Shift Your ... ›
- 14 Positive Affirmations When You Feel Like Giving Up - xoNecole: Women's Interest, Love, Wellness, Beauty ›
- How To Get Your Confidence Back When It's Slippin' - xoNecole: Women's Interest, Love, Wellness, Beauty ›
- Healthy Practices For Days You Feel Low Anxious Depressed - xoNecole: Women's Interest, Love, Wellness, Beauty ›
- 10 Affirmations to Tell Yourself Every Morning to Attract What You ... ›
- 17 of the BEST Affirmations for Your Morning. Kick Start your day ... ›
- 50 Morning Affirmations For Success And Confidence ›
- POWERFUL POSITIVE Morning Affirmations for POSITIVE DAY ... ›
- 50 Mantras To Start Your Day On The Right Foot | HuffPost ›
- Morning Affirmations: Train Your Brain A Fantastic Day Everyday ... ›
- 8 Affirmations to Say Every Morning before Getting Up | influential ... ›
- Daily Positive Morning Affirmations for Personal Transformation ... ›
- How To Start Your Morning Routine With Love ›
- 8 Morning Affirmations You Should Say Before Getting Up | Prolific ... ›
Charmaine Patterson is a journalist, lifestyle blogger, and a lover of all things pop culture. While she has much experience in covering top entertainment news stories, she aims to share her everyday life experiences, old and new, with other women who can relate, laugh, and love along with her. Follow Char on Twitter @charjpatterson, Instagram @charpatterson, and keep up with her journey at CharJPatterson.com .
This article is in partnership with Sensodyne.
Our teeth are connected to so many things - our nutrition, our confidence, and our overall mood. We often take for granted how important healthy teeth are, until issues like tooth sensitivity or gum recession come to remind us. Like most things related to our bodies, prevention is the best medicine. Here are five things you can do immediately to improve your oral hygiene, prevent tooth sensitivity, and avoid dental issues down the road.
1) Go Easy On the Rough Brushing: Brushing your teeth is and always will be priority number one in the oral hygiene department. No surprises there! However, there is such a thing as applying too much pressure when brushing…and that can lead to problems over time. Use a toothbrush with soft bristles and brush in smooth, circular motions. It may seem counterintuitive, but a gentle approach to brushing is the most effective way to clean those pearly whites without wearing away enamel and exposing sensitive areas of the teeth.
2) Use A Desensitizing Toothpaste: As everyone knows, mouth pain can be highly uncomfortable; but tooth sensitivity is a whole different beast. Hot weather favorites like ice cream and popsicles have the ability to trigger tooth sensitivity, which might make you want to stay away from icy foods altogether. But as always, prevention is the best medicine here. Switching to a toothpaste like Sensodyne’s Sensitivity & Gum toothpaste specifically designed for sensitive teeth will help build a protective layer over sensitive areas of the tooth. Over time, those sharp sensations that occur with extremely cold foods will subside, and you’ll be back to treating yourself to your icy faves like this one!
3) Floss, Rinse, Brush. (And In That Order!): Have you ever heard the saying, “It’s not what you do, but how you do it”? Well, the same thing applies to taking care of your teeth. Even if you are flossing and brushing religiously, you could be missing out on some of the benefits simply because you aren’t doing so in the right order. Flossing is best to do before brushing because it removes food particles and plaque from places your toothbrush can’t reach. After a proper flossing sesh, it is important to rinse out your mouth with water after. Finally, you can whip out your toothbrush and get to brushing. Though many of us commonly rinse with water after brushing to remove excess toothpaste, it may not be the best thing for our teeth. That’s because fluoride, the active ingredient in toothpaste that protects your enamel, works best when it gets to sit on the teeth and continue working its magic. Rinsing with water after brushing doesn’t let the toothpaste go to work like it really can. Changing up your order may take some getting used to, but over time, you’ll see the difference.
4) Stay Hydrated: Upping your water supply is a no-fail way to level up your health overall, and your teeth are no exception to this rule. Drinking water not only helps maintain a healthy pH balance in your mouth, but it also washes away residue and acids that can cause enamel erosion. It also helps you steer clear of dry mouth, which is a gateway to bad breath. And who needs that?
5) Show Your Gums Some Love: When it comes to improving your smile, you may be laser-focused on getting your teeth whiter, straighter, and overall healthier. Rightfully so, as these are all attributes of a megawatt smile; but you certainly don’t want to leave gum health out of the equation. If you neglect your gums, you’ll start to notice the effects of plaque buildup, which can irritate the gums and cause gingivitis, the earliest stage of gum disease. Seeing blood while brushing and flossing is a tell-tale sign that your gums are suffering. You may also experience gum recession — a condition where the gum tissue surrounding your teeth pulls back, exposing more of your tooth. Brushing at least twice a day with a gum-protecting toothpaste like Sensodyne Sensitivity and Gum, coupled with regular dentist visits, will keep your gums shining as bright as those pearly whites.
An author by the name of Alexandra Katehakis once said this about orgasms: “Great spiritual teachers throughout the ages have stated that orgasm is the closest some people come to a spiritual experience because of the momentary loss of self. Why is this true? Because with spiritual sex, you move beyond orgasm into a connection with yourself, your partner, and the divine — recognizing them all as one.”
If it’s counterintuitive to what you’ve ever thought about orgasms, believe it or not, there are even pastors who have said that climaxing is the closest comprehension of heaven on this side of it: it is an extreme kind of bliss that is indescribable and is best experienced between two people who share a sacrificial kind of love for one another.
Although this might seem like a heavy way to intro this particular topic, because the O Method is an orgasm-achieving technique that centers around housing energy, embracing the mental practice of manifestation, and the attempt to achieve the best climaxes ever — it all works together pretty well if you ask me. If you want to take your orgasms to the next level, it’s important that you get out of yourself (to a certain extent), that you see the spiritual role that manifestation plays, and that you are open to trying new things. No doubt about it.
So, let’s learn more about what the O Method is all about and how it very well could be just what you’ve been looking for…even if you didn’t know it.
What Is the “O Method” All About?Giphy
Question: When’s the last time you’ve had an orgasm? Not just any orgasm — I mean a really mind-blowing one (I’ll give you a second to think about it). Now, what if you could manifest that experience to the point where it wasn’t a rare occurrence but something that happened almost every time that you and your partner had sex with each other? How absolutely awesome would that be?
That is pretty much what the O Method is all about — helping you achieve the kind of orgasms (and sexual pleasure, in general) that you desire through the practice of manifestation. And since your biggest sex organ is your brain, it would make perfect sense that even with all of the tips and techniques that you might learn to do as far as your body is concerned, honing in on what you think about is super imperative to sexual fulfillment, too. And that’s just where manifestation comes in.
What If You’ve Never “Manifested” Anything Before?Giphy
Before we get into a quick lesson on manifestation, I think it’s important to mention two things. One, for the cynics, there is a lot of truth in the fact that it’s got some solid spiritual basis to it because even the Good Book says that as a man thinketh in his heart, so is he (Proverbs 23:7). At the same time, that same Good Book tells us that faith without works is dead (James 2:14-26). So, while it is always a good idea to focus on good, positive, and productive thoughts, just thinking about them isn’t enough — at some point, you’ve also gotta get out here and DO something (bookmark that).
Okay, with that mini-sermon out of the way, whether it’s in the bedroom or not, manifestation is basically about focusing on something tangible that you desire, harnessing your energy in such a way that your words and actions are directed towards that longing until what you want, well, manifests. For the record, aside from this having a spiritual backing to it, in many ways, science cosigns on manifesting, too. There is actually a scientific process known as neuroplasticity that consists of reframing your mind so that your actions ultimately end up aligning with your goals — and that is another way to look at manifestation.
So, what if you’re someone who has never set out to do a manifestation practice before? No worries. Something that’s awesome about it is there are several different approaches that you can take.
Some people manifest what they want in their lives via:
- Visualization/Creating vision boards
- Writing down their desires before going to bed (so that they can “download” them into their dream state)
- Creating mantras and affirmations
- Applying the 369 Manifestation Method (you can learn more about that here)
- Learning more about what you want to manifest (which brings forth clarity)
This is important to keep in mind because, when it comes to manifesting the types of orgasms that you want to have, as you can see, you can try different manifestation methods until you find one (or ones) that you are truly comfortable with. One that can ease you into the entire process rather smoothly is something known as sex journaling.
How Sex Journaling Can Actually Help You to Have an OrgasmGiphy
As a writer, I’m a big fan of journaling. Mostly because it’s a way to get out some of your deepest thoughts and feelings so that you’re able to really process what is happening inside of you in a private setting. And when it comes to sex journaling, specifically, it’s all about centering yourself on the things sexually that you want to “unpack,” get clarity on or come to some revelations about. For instance, if there’s only been one partner from your past who’s been able to help you achieve the type of orgasms that you wish to manifest, journaling about what makes him different from the other guys can provide you with some solid ah-ha moments.
Or if you need help getting as specific as possible about the sexual experiences that you’re after, journaling can help to make that happen for you — because one thing that manifesting reminds us all to do is be as specific as possible.
Yeah, simply saying, “I want to have better sex” isn’t detailed enough when you want to get your energy to match with your desires — instead, describe how all of your senses should feel in the experience, along with why, that can get you so much closer to achieving your goal. Once those things are documented, you can segue into creating mantras and/or meditation that are based on them. Yeah, sex journaling really is an underrated superpower on a lot of levels (check out “The Art Of Sex Journaling (And Why You Should Do It)”).
5 Tips for Making the O Method Work for YouGiphy
Now that you know more about what the O Method is and how manifestation plays a direct role in its process, let’s talk about five ways to make the O Method truly effective in your own (sex) life.
1. Focus, FULLY, on your feminine energy. What do rose quartz, amethyst, moonstone (which is a Gemini birthstone as well; yes, I’m a Gemini), selenite, and rhodonite all have in common? They’re crystals that help you to go deeper into your divine feminine energy. Traits that are associated with this include compassion, creativity, kindness, gentleness, and sensuality (feminine energy is also accepting and forgiving). If you were to study energy from a biological standpoint, it’s about producing change, responding to stimuli, and having the ability to do what needs to be done (work). So, when it comes to manifesting the kind of orgasms or sexual experiences that you want, using things like your creativity and gentleness in your thoughts and actions can play a role in bringing balance to your partner’s masculinity, which can create a profound sense of pleasure — after all, opposites do attract.
2. Don’t hold back on what it is that you desire. Whenever I interview sex therapists, something that they all say is, a huge mistake that people make as far as sexual satisfaction is concerned is, they have walls up — not just with their partners but even within themselves. Sometimes, there is intimidation, fear, or even shame around what they really want to happen during sex to the point where they aren’t able to channel their energy fully in those directions in order to manifest what they want. For the O Method to work, you can’t let those types of negative emotions hinder you; the more you are able to articulate what you want and how you want it, the better chance you have of making it happen. So yes, get graphic. As graphic as possible.
3. Make manifestation a daily practice. Repetition is important when it comes to manifestation. That’s because the more you declare what you desire (a mantra), get still and think on it (meditation), or look at the “art” that you’ve created surrounding it (visualization), the quicker it becomes a part of you. So yes, make manifestation a daily practice. For instance, if one of your mantras is, “I am going to have intensely passionate orgasms, one right after the other,” don’t just state that 15 minutes before sex is going to happen. Wake up and declare it. Then say it on your lunch break. And again before turning in. The more your thoughts are “streamlined” in this way, the easier it will be for your body to follow suit.
4. Share this practice with your partner. If you were to do even more research on the O Method, one thing that most of the articles will mention is it’s a practice that you can do alone or with your partner. Indeed. However, I just want to make sure that you get into your psyche that great sex is, in part, about good communication. And so, the more comfortable you are sharing with your partner what you are doing as far as the O Method is concerned and what you ultimately want to happen as a result of the practice, the easier it will be for him to “match your energy” — both in and out of the bedroom. And when your partner is on the same page as you? That definitely increases the chances of attaining your sexual desires — exponentially so.
5. Stay in the moment. While I was reading one article on manifestation, I really appreciated something that the author said: manifestation isn’t some supernatural power. In other words, while it can be beneficial, it’s not like you can just think of something, and it instantly appears out of nowhere. Manifesting is a discipline, and it must be accompanied by action, consistency, and patience — this means that you must also practice mindfulness. Meaning, now that you know better what you’re looking to achieve as far as sex is concerned, every time that it transpires, maintain a level of positive energy, remember what your end goal is, and then determine in your mind to enjoy the moments as they come. Remember, manifestation isn’t to add stress…it’s to cultivate clarity.
At the end of the day, the O Method is simply a way of reminding you that your mind plays a huge role in your sexual pleasure, and when you channel it and your energy exactly where you want them both to go, you’ll be amazed what your body is capable of doing…and accomplishing.
So, what kind of orgasm are you wanting to achieve? You’ve got a tool to get you there. USE IT.
Let’s make things inbox official! Sign up for the xoNecole newsletter for daily love, wellness, career, and exclusive content delivered straight to your inbox.
Featured image by Giphy