A Scorpio’s love life is fueled with passion, intensity, and intimacy. A Scorpio in love brings out an emotional and vulnerable side to Scorpio that not that many people see right away. They love the chase, and they are willing to pursue what it is their heart desires. They will go to the ends of the earth for those they love, and they are very protective, supportive, and loving. Not to mention, Scorpios are sexy. They naturally exude this type of magnetism and mystery in their life, and they intrigue many who come in their peripheral.
Scorpios are known to be the sexual and passionate sign of the zodiac, and there is a reason for this. Scorpios are ruled by the 8th house of intimacy, sex, commitment, and emotional depth. Scorpio also rules the reproductive system and sexual organs of the body. Needless to say, the sex life of a Scorpio is one for the books. Their stamina is unmatched, and people’s experience with them in love is often unforgettable in many different ways.
The downside of Scorpio in a relationship is that they tend to get attached to people in a way that can be detrimental to them and those involved. Scorpio’s emotions run high, and if not regulated properly, they can be very emotionally impulsive, leading them to make decisions they later regret. Scorpios can be led by passion and power rather than positive intention, and moves through a lot of transformations in their love life, evolving and learning more about themselves through each experience.
When Scorpio is paired with someone who they are naturally compatible with, however, fewer challenges get in the way of the positive and harmonious traits they possess. If a Scorpio feels trust and safety in their relationship, you will get the best of them. Overall when it comes to a Scorpio in love, they are like sour patch kids. First, they're sour, then they’re sweet.
Scorpio + Aries Love Compatibility
Scorpio and Aries have an immediate connection that is fueled by the fiery energy they both contain. These two come together through their passionate demeanor and they often hit it off right away. The challenges here come through during the relationship as with both of these signs being ruled by Mars, there can be a tendency for disagreements and aggressiveness in this relationship. The intimacy is great, but is it worth the fights and heated arguments? This pairing will have to work on being open to each other’s perspectives and feelings and watch out for power struggles between each other.
Scorpio + Taurus Love Compatibility
This is a soulmate pairing. One of Scorpio’s best matches in life is a Taurus. Scorpio and Taurus are sister signs, meaning they are on the exact opposite sides of the zodiac wheel, and they’re like the yin and yang. Scorpio and Taurus give power couple energy, and they accomplish a lot together. What makes this relationship work is that they both tend to have the same goals and need for security within a partnership. There is a good give and take here, and Taurus is someone who brings out a more calm and dedicated Scorpio. This is a relationship that will go the distance.
Scorpio + Gemini Love Compatibility
Scorpio and Gemini together is a bit of a chaotic pairing. There is a lack of similarities in the relationship to sustain this connection, but they do make life very interesting together. Gemini's energy is too curious for Scorpio’s “I need to know everything” personality. Scorpios in a relationship want to go deep and know everything about their partner. This type of vulnerability is what makes them feel safe in a relationship. Gemini starts to feel claustrophobic with this type of attention, and they would have to learn to understand what each other needs in order to make this relationship work.
Scorpio + Cancer Love Compatibility
This water sign duo is a match for the books. Scorpio and Cancer are a sweet couple and a couple that puts each other first. This is a pairing that has both love and friendship, and they also tend to have a good family base and support system around them. The intimacy and sexual chemistry between Scorpio and Cancer are off the charts, and this is an unforgettable connection. Being that this is a water-water duo, emotions will run high in this relationship, however, and things will get messy if there is not enough grounded energy and logic. This couple will need to be careful with the dramatics and emotional impulsivities, however, there is enough chemistry and love here to end up at the altar.
Scorpio + Leo Love Compatibility
Scorpio and Leo are not a pairing you see too often. Although there is passion, this is often a fling type of relationship where there is an immediate spark and connection, but one or other ghosts never speak again. You don’t see too many Scorpios and Leos together for years because this pairing tends to have a lot of ego struggles. What makes this work is if they both put their egos aside, and look at each other as human beings looking to connect and not someone looking to conquer the other. Scorpio and Leo are both fixed signs and it can be hard to compromise or cooperate with one another, as they tend to be stuck in their ways.
Scorpio + Virgo Love Compatibility
This is another soulmate relationship. Scorpio and Virgos are some of the most similar zodiac signs, and their zodiac symbol is also very similar as well, showing the connection these two have. Scorpio and Virgo are both lovers and best friends. They get each other and are both highly intuitive individuals, giving this couple an ethereal type of energy together. Scorpio encourages self-empowerment and passion within Virgo, and Virgo shows Scorpio the importance of the mind, and of slowing down more to enjoy life. This is a couple that can have fun together out and about, and also be completely satisfied staying home and being in their own world. This is a very good match.
Scorpio + Libra Love Compatibility
Scorpio and Libra are right next to each other on the zodiac wheel, which is just about the only similarity they have. Scorpio and Libra are a couple that would have to put in the work in order to make the relationship last. Although they are both relationship-oriented signs, Scorpio tends to be more dominant in their approach than Libra. Libra wants to be swept off their feet and loves to romanticize their life. Scorpio loves the idea of this rom-com type of life, but when it comes to living in it, it leaves them feeling more uneasy than settled. The thing about Libra and Scorpio together is that Scorpio tends to feel like the rug is going to be pulled under the feet at any moment.
Scorpio + Scorpio Love Compatibility
A Scorpio/Scorpio pairing is intense, intimate, and hot. This is a relationship where you wouldn’t expect these two to go together and be compatible, but they prove everyone wrong. The thing about dating your own sign is that there is an underlying energy of just getting each other in a way that no one else can. This is especially true for a Scorpio and Scorpio match as these two aren’t open books, so the fact that they can understand each other without having to dig too deep right away, makes them feel more safe and comfortable to pursue the relationship. This is a healing, passionate, and empowering couple.
Scorpio + Sagittarius Love Compatibility
A Scorpio and Sagittarius couple is rare, and to be honest, a little underrated. Scorpio and Sagittarius together create a life of adventure, freedom, and hope. Sagittarius helps Scorpios get out of their emotions, and into the world. Scorpio shows Sagittarius that emotions aren’t scary or something to run away from and that the further you are willing to go within, the more treasures you can find and healing that can take place. Scorpio provides security in the relationship, while Sagittarius provides flexibility. If they are willing to work together and get to know each other better, this can work.
Scorpio + Capricorn Love Compatibility
Scorpio and Capricorn are the power couple of the zodiac. This relationship is all about evolving together and creating a successful and passionate life together. Scorpio meets their match when it comes to Capricorn, and they can’t get away with a lot of the stuff they can with other zodiac signs. Their driven and goal-oriented personalities are what makes this couple pair so well, and they tend to create a nice life and family life together. They will need to work on not being too hard on each other however and will need to remember to put romance and positive energy into the relationship as well.
Scorpio + Aquarius Love Compatibility
This is an eccentric couple. Scorpio and Aquarius tend to hit it off right away, and they just vibe. What makes them have this immediate connection is that both of these signs tend to be lone wolves in life. They can sense this energy from each other, and immediately understand that they come from the same place. When it comes to longevity in the relationship and if this relationship can last the tests of time, that is a different story. In order to make this relationship work, they will have to make sure they are growing together in life and that they aren’t moving in separate directions. This relationship tends to be better in theory than in reality.
Scorpio + Pisces Love Compatibility
Scorpio and Pisces make a highly emotional, intuitive, and compassionate relationship. They deeply understand each other and want to make the relationship work. They both tend to cater to each other’s feelings in this relationship and will go the distance to make sure the relationship is doing well. The work they are both willing to put in is what makes this relationship work, and they are both willing to do so because they genuinely love each other. With all water/water signs duos, however, they have to watch out for over-compromising and letting emotions rule everything, and if they are willing to take things slow and really examine the intentions of the relationship and what they both want as a couple, this can be a forever.
Let’s make things inbox official! Sign up for the xoNecole newsletter for daily love, wellness, career, and exclusive content delivered straight to your inbox.
Featured image by Cavan Images/Getty Images
Tayler Barakat is a Mystic who has studied Astrology for over a decade. She does intuitive astrology and tarot readings for people all over the world, and her work focuses on healing and empowering individuals. Follow her on Instagram @taylerbarakat_ and check out her website www.listentothevirgo.com.
This article is in partnership with Sensodyne.
Our teeth are connected to so many things - our nutrition, our confidence, and our overall mood. We often take for granted how important healthy teeth are, until issues like tooth sensitivity or gum recession come to remind us. Like most things related to our bodies, prevention is the best medicine. Here are five things you can do immediately to improve your oral hygiene, prevent tooth sensitivity, and avoid dental issues down the road.
1) Go Easy On the Rough Brushing: Brushing your teeth is and always will be priority number one in the oral hygiene department. No surprises there! However, there is such a thing as applying too much pressure when brushing…and that can lead to problems over time. Use a toothbrush with soft bristles and brush in smooth, circular motions. It may seem counterintuitive, but a gentle approach to brushing is the most effective way to clean those pearly whites without wearing away enamel and exposing sensitive areas of the teeth.
2) Use A Desensitizing Toothpaste: As everyone knows, mouth pain can be highly uncomfortable; but tooth sensitivity is a whole different beast. Hot weather favorites like ice cream and popsicles have the ability to trigger tooth sensitivity, which might make you want to stay away from icy foods altogether. But as always, prevention is the best medicine here. Switching to a toothpaste like Sensodyne’s Sensitivity & Gum toothpaste specifically designed for sensitive teeth will help build a protective layer over sensitive areas of the tooth. Over time, those sharp sensations that occur with extremely cold foods will subside, and you’ll be back to treating yourself to your icy faves like this one!
3) Floss, Rinse, Brush. (And In That Order!): Have you ever heard the saying, “It’s not what you do, but how you do it”? Well, the same thing applies to taking care of your teeth. Even if you are flossing and brushing religiously, you could be missing out on some of the benefits simply because you aren’t doing so in the right order. Flossing is best to do before brushing because it removes food particles and plaque from places your toothbrush can’t reach. After a proper flossing sesh, it is important to rinse out your mouth with water after. Finally, you can whip out your toothbrush and get to brushing. Though many of us commonly rinse with water after brushing to remove excess toothpaste, it may not be the best thing for our teeth. That’s because fluoride, the active ingredient in toothpaste that protects your enamel, works best when it gets to sit on the teeth and continue working its magic. Rinsing with water after brushing doesn’t let the toothpaste go to work like it really can. Changing up your order may take some getting used to, but over time, you’ll see the difference.
4) Stay Hydrated: Upping your water supply is a no-fail way to level up your health overall, and your teeth are no exception to this rule. Drinking water not only helps maintain a healthy pH balance in your mouth, but it also washes away residue and acids that can cause enamel erosion. It also helps you steer clear of dry mouth, which is a gateway to bad breath. And who needs that?
5) Show Your Gums Some Love: When it comes to improving your smile, you may be laser-focused on getting your teeth whiter, straighter, and overall healthier. Rightfully so, as these are all attributes of a megawatt smile; but you certainly don’t want to leave gum health out of the equation. If you neglect your gums, you’ll start to notice the effects of plaque buildup, which can irritate the gums and cause gingivitis, the earliest stage of gum disease. Seeing blood while brushing and flossing is a tell-tale sign that your gums are suffering. You may also experience gum recession — a condition where the gum tissue surrounding your teeth pulls back, exposing more of your tooth. Brushing at least twice a day with a gum-protecting toothpaste like Sensodyne Sensitivity and Gum, coupled with regular dentist visits, will keep your gums shining as bright as those pearly whites.
Watching Angela “Blac Chyna” White’s transformation in real-time has truly been a sight to see. It wasn’t that long ago that she announced that she was reversing her cosmetic surgeries in an effort to go back to who she was before the world came to know her as Blac Chyna. In previous interviews, she stated that she was dissolving her facial and lip fillers, removing her breast implants, and getting a butt reduction, as well as removing the dimple piercings that enhanced her fame and controversial tattoos.
In a recent Tamron Hall interview, the mother of two said that she has “fully recovered” from the procedures. She is also celebrating one year of sobriety and opened up about being worried about how her new journey would be received by others.
“I’ve been in the entertainment industry for so long, right, and of course, like, you know, coming out, I’m like young, I’m gonna do wild things as we all have,” she said.
“...I feel like by me being vocal and showing everybody you can change your life and things can get better, like through myself, that right there is an accomplishment, and that’s a part of freedom, too.”
But as she started on her journey, many people have shown her grace, which is something she’s grateful for. “And then the fact that people have been showing me grace, it’s like amazing,” she said. “And I feel like when I did it, I just did it. It was more so like spiritual thing and I feel like people see that, and I’ve always been like my authentic self, so what you see is kinda what you get with me, and that’s just kinda what it is.”
Chyna, who recently received an honorary doctorate from Sacramento Theology Seminary and Bible College, has also repaired her relationship with her mom, Tokyo Toni. The social media celebrity surprised her daughter on the Tamron Hall Show. Prior to the sentimental surprise, Chyna dished on the reconciliation and having a better understanding of her mom.
“I must say, some of the things I have to take accountability for because, like my actions. As a mother, you don’t want to see your daughter doing certain things ‘cause it’s like it doesn’t matter what my past was or what we’re going through, I didn’t raise you that way,” she admitted. “So, it’s like, okay, maybe I was a little bit wrong. Maybe I was acting out a little bit. But I feel like as we grow older, I kinda see more, and I understand more.”
Chyna will be starring in season two of Fox's reality competition show Special Forces: World's Toughest Test.
Let’s make things inbox official! Sign up for the xoNecole newsletter for daily love, wellness, career, and exclusive content delivered straight to your inbox.
Feature image by Kevin Winter/Getty Images