The self-quarantine gives you and bae nothing but time, space, and opportunity to explore your kinks in the bedroom, and Kelly Rowland says that adding toys to your bedtime routine might be the key to curing your cabin fever and spicing up your sex life at the same damn time.
Wednesday, Kelly joined La La Anthony on Instagram Live for a girls' chat that took a very intimate turn and we were here for absolutely all of it. La La told Kelly:
"I am saying no to a toy! I really am. Sometimes you just want to get to it. You don't need all the extracurricular stuff going on."
Although La La remained adamant about her "straight-to-business" attitude in the bedroom, Kelly advised that her adult toybox only maximizes the fun. During their chat, Kelly even revealed her go-to toy, which, of course, is a fan favorite:
"You know the little rings that goes around…That's so nice"
Along with the unspoken joys of the coveted cock ring, Kelly revealed that toys can also be beneficial during foreplay. While one commenter suggested that sex toys may be intimidating to men, Kelly explained that toys can also be used as tools to deepen intimacy and intensify orgasms for both parties.
"You can always have a warmup, a brief warmup. And then have them watch your brief warmup and then have them join you."
While Kelly is normally tight-lipped about her sex life, in a 2016 interview with ELLE, the singer said that with maturity, comes the ability to give no f*cks.
"At 30… I'm going to sound so crazy, but, at 30, sex just got better. And then, at 31, life just got really good. At 33, I just stopped caring so much."
If you and your man are ready to level up your foreplay game, scroll below for 4 sex toys to add to your Amazon wishlist right now.
Let your partner give you all the vibes with this adjustable couples vibrator with 10 different modes that target your g-spot and your clitoris and can be controlled via remote or phone app.
Known as the most powerful personal electric massager, this toy did not come to play.
With 6 unique pleasure settings, this waterproof fully rechargeable vibrating couples ring by LELO promises to give you pleasure in any position.
Whoever says you couldn't have your cake and eat it too was a damn lie and the Ass Berries Vibrating Butt Plug by Rocks Off is proof.
Featured image by DFree / Shutterstock.com
- Man Feeling Threatened By Sex Toys - xoNecole: Women's Interest, Love, Wellness, Beauty ›
- 5 Ways To Spring Clean Your Sex Life - xoNecole: Women's Interest, Love, Wellness, Beauty ›
- Foreplay And Sex Are Synonymous - xoNecole: Women's Interest, Love, Wellness, Beauty ›
- Butt Plugs, Beginners First Time Guide - xoNecole: Women's Interest, Love, Wellness, Beauty ›
- The Best G-Spot Vibrators, According To Sexperts - xoNecole: Lifestyle, Culture, Love, & Wellness ›
Taylor "Pretty" Honore is a spiritually centered and equally provocative rapper from Baton Rouge, Louisiana with a love for people and storytelling. You can probably find me planting herbs in your local community garden, blasting "Back That Thang Up" from my mini speaker. Let's get to know each other: @prettyhonore.
This article is in partnership with Sensodyne.
Our teeth are connected to so many things - our nutrition, our confidence, and our overall mood. We often take for granted how important healthy teeth are, until issues like tooth sensitivity or gum recession come to remind us. Like most things related to our bodies, prevention is the best medicine. Here are five things you can do immediately to improve your oral hygiene, prevent tooth sensitivity, and avoid dental issues down the road.
1) Go Easy On the Rough Brushing: Brushing your teeth is and always will be priority number one in the oral hygiene department. No surprises there! However, there is such a thing as applying too much pressure when brushing…and that can lead to problems over time. Use a toothbrush with soft bristles and brush in smooth, circular motions. It may seem counterintuitive, but a gentle approach to brushing is the most effective way to clean those pearly whites without wearing away enamel and exposing sensitive areas of the teeth.
2) Use A Desensitizing Toothpaste: As everyone knows, mouth pain can be highly uncomfortable; but tooth sensitivity is a whole different beast. Hot weather favorites like ice cream and popsicles have the ability to trigger tooth sensitivity, which might make you want to stay away from icy foods altogether. But as always, prevention is the best medicine here. Switching to a toothpaste like Sensodyne’s Sensitivity & Gum toothpaste specifically designed for sensitive teeth will help build a protective layer over sensitive areas of the tooth. Over time, those sharp sensations that occur with extremely cold foods will subside, and you’ll be back to treating yourself to your icy faves like this one!
3) Floss, Rinse, Brush. (And In That Order!): Have you ever heard the saying, “It’s not what you do, but how you do it”? Well, the same thing applies to taking care of your teeth. Even if you are flossing and brushing religiously, you could be missing out on some of the benefits simply because you aren’t doing so in the right order. Flossing is best to do before brushing because it removes food particles and plaque from places your toothbrush can’t reach. After a proper flossing sesh, it is important to rinse out your mouth with water after. Finally, you can whip out your toothbrush and get to brushing. Though many of us commonly rinse with water after brushing to remove excess toothpaste, it may not be the best thing for our teeth. That’s because fluoride, the active ingredient in toothpaste that protects your enamel, works best when it gets to sit on the teeth and continue working its magic. Rinsing with water after brushing doesn’t let the toothpaste go to work like it really can. Changing up your order may take some getting used to, but over time, you’ll see the difference.
4) Stay Hydrated: Upping your water supply is a no-fail way to level up your health overall, and your teeth are no exception to this rule. Drinking water not only helps maintain a healthy pH balance in your mouth, but it also washes away residue and acids that can cause enamel erosion. It also helps you steer clear of dry mouth, which is a gateway to bad breath. And who needs that?
5) Show Your Gums Some Love: When it comes to improving your smile, you may be laser-focused on getting your teeth whiter, straighter, and overall healthier. Rightfully so, as these are all attributes of a megawatt smile; but you certainly don’t want to leave gum health out of the equation. If you neglect your gums, you’ll start to notice the effects of plaque buildup, which can irritate the gums and cause gingivitis, the earliest stage of gum disease. Seeing blood while brushing and flossing is a tell-tale sign that your gums are suffering. You may also experience gum recession — a condition where the gum tissue surrounding your teeth pulls back, exposing more of your tooth. Brushing at least twice a day with a gum-protecting toothpaste like Sensodyne Sensitivity and Gum, coupled with regular dentist visits, will keep your gums shining as bright as those pearly whites.
It’s almost as if most of the traditional sugary sodas that we grew up loving were swapped out for most health-conscious alternatives. If you walk into any grocery store and find yourself in the soft drink aisle, what you’ll discover is a new, fast-growing selection of gut-friendly drinks that are improving our digestive health, one sip at a time.
Probiotics are live microorganisms, often referred to as "good" bacteria, that help maintain a balanced and healthy microbial environment in our digestive system. With probiotic beverages that contain live beneficial bacteria, these drinks deliver probiotics to the digestive system in a convenient and enjoyable way.
Although it may seem as if probiotic sodas have had an instant surge in popularity, these low-sugar, tummy-soothing beverages have earned their position by tasting good and being good for you. From their support in maintaining good bacteria in the gut to keeping your immune system balanced and in check, there’s truly nothing like sipping your way to better gut health.
From fermented seltzers to probiotic pops, we’ve got the best bubbly, gut-focused sodas for you to try.
This sparkling soda from Poppi is packed with the good stuff to keep your immune system boosted, your stomach less bloated, and your digestive system flowing.
Flavor and fuel for your tummy, who could ask for a better duo to keep your digestive system happy?
Looking for a soda that puts your gut health first? Mayawell has all the good prebiotic fiber to keep your immune system strong and metabolism burning.
We love a silly little drink that’s serious about giving your gut the good bacteria it needs, with both prebiotics and probiotics packed in every can.
The secret behind KeVita’s sparkling refreshers is that it’s been fermented with their water kefir culture to keep the “good bacteria” happy and working for you.
Whether it's for the taste or its endless gut benefits, OLIPOP is providing a healthier alternative to sugary sodas with high-fiber ingredients that support your digestive system.
Sipping on your favorite soda is even better when you know that it’s juicy, fruity, and made with organic spices and herbs, along with billions of live probiotics that are as soothing as it is satisfying.
If you’re looking for a seltzer that’s good for you and loaded with two billion probiotics in every can, you’re gonna love these seltzers from Humm.
Let’s make things inbox official! Sign up for the xoNecole newsletter for daily love, wellness, career, and exclusive content delivered straight to your inbox.
Featured image by Stefania Pelfini, La Waziya Photography/Getty Images