August is the time to remain hopeful about what is on the horizon for you. With the Sun officially in Leo and the light shining on what makes you truly happy, August is about connecting to your inner power. You have the power to co-create your reality, and this is the month to claim that. Ground yourself in the present moment with gratitude, and get excited about what you are creating for yourself and the path you are walking on right now. With Mercury entering Virgo as the month begins on August 4 through August 25, the clarity is there to make some significant improvements, and insights, and to find order in what’s felt out of place.
Venus enters Leo and there is a Full Moon in Aquarius on the same day, August 11. With these two signs opposing each other on the zodiac wheel, balance comes into play right now and La Luna is reminding you how to balance the heart, with the mind. Leo wants to feel love, and Aquarius seeks to understand it. Venus in Leo is about taking center stage in your life and showing up for love. Venus will be in Leo until September 5, and love gets an extra spice right now. The Full Moon in Aquarius is the Full Sturgeon Moon of the year, and it’s about finding your flow rather than force. During this Full Moon focus on what you wish to release, and what you want to grow closer to and make more connections from.
Mars makes a significant transit in August, as it enters Gemini for a lengthy seven months. Every few years Mars goes retrograde, making its transit in one particular sign significantly longer than its usual few-month transit. Mars will be moving into Gemini on August 20, 2022, until March 25, 2023, and will be retrograded from October 30, 2022, until January 12, 2023. Mars in Gemini is active, unpredictable, and insightful. Mars in Gemini is curious about everything, and it’s best to think things through before jumping in right away during this time. Mars in Gemini energy can get impulsive, but with the right flow and intentions, this can be a time of great progress, development, connection, and communication.
On August 22, Virgo Season begins, and the Sun moves into the earthy goddess of the zodiac. While the Sun is in Virgo we renew, improve, and give because we can. There is unwavering strength about Virgo that takes us far and makes health, well-being, and self-value the priority. Uranus goes retrograde in Taurus on August 24, and it’s about expecting the unexpected, and grounding yourself in the faith that you can handle whatever life may throw at you. There is a New Moon in Virgo on August 27 before the month ends, and this is when those moments of hope and clarity will be coming through, and when following your inner guidance system is rewarded.
August is the month to trust, take note of your progress, and do the things that are making you happy now, but also in the long run.
Aries Monthly Horoscope for August 2022AriesKyra Jay for xoNecole
August is a month of clarity for you, Aries. You are seeing the vision clearly, and paths are opening up for you to move into these new opportunities you see on the horizon. The spark has been lit, and you have the universe supporting you every step of the way. With Venus moving through your 5th house of romance and happiness for most of August, you are connecting with the things that bring you the most joy in life. August is all about making your happiness the priority and allowing all else to align with this sense of magic.
The Full Moon on August 11 is in your 11th house of friendships, community, and hopes and dreams in life and this is a good time for seeing your manifestations bloom. Intentions you have been setting over the past month will be coming full circle during this time. Before the month ends your ruling planet Mars moves into your 3rd house of communication for the next seven months, and you are driven by connection, self-expression, and inspiration.
Taurus Monthly Horoscope for August 2022TaurusKyra Jay for xoNecole
This is a month of new opportunities for you, Taurus. You are bringing forth new intentions and creations in your life, and seeing the reality of things coming together for you. With the Full Moon on August 11 occurring in your 5th house of romance, you are seeing new opportunities develop in love this month, and are also getting clearer on what your heart wants. This is a month of rebirth, and intentions coming to fruition.
Moving into August, Uranus goes retrograde in your sign, shaking things up a bit. With Uranus moving retrograde in your 1st house of self for the rest of 2022, you are being guided towards self-reflection, and discovering the way you see the world around you. It’s all about being the leader of your destiny right now and choosing the way you want things to go for you. You have the power, Taurus.
Gemini Monthly Horoscope for August 2022GeminiKyra Jay for xoNecole
Connect with the heart space this month, Gemini. August is a time of emotional renewal for you, and removing any clutter you have been feeling in your life. This is the month to get honest about how you have been feeling and to choose love. As you take the time for your healing and health this month, you develop a solid foundation for your dreams to grow. With a Full Moon in Aquarius mid-month August is a time of making new discoveries, gaining clarity, and defining the path forward that you are looking to see through right now.
Mars makes a very important transit into your sign this month on August 20 and will be in Gemini until early 2023. If there was any time to take action, honor your passions, and renew your spirit, it is now. By the end of the month, there is a New Moon occurring in your 4th house and this New Moon is a time of seeing new opportunities sprout in the home, family, and within your foundations and support systems in life.
Cancer Monthly Horoscope for August 2022CancerKyra Jay for xoNecole
This is a strong month for communication, Cancer. The focus is there for you to make real progress and experience the breakthroughs that you have been looking for, and it’s all about tapping into the guidance within. As you communicate freely from the heart, you align with divine receptivity, allowing miracles to unfold in your life. With Venus in your sign until August 11, you are entering August with love on your side, and an open heart.
As you move more into the month, there is a Full Moon in your house of commitments, and a New Moon in your house of communication before the month ends. August is all about finding the balance between the emotional ties and past experiences that you are letting go of right now and moving forward with your clear intentions today. This is a month to regroup and use your voice, Cancer.
Leo Monthly Horoscope for August 2022
LeoKyra Jay for xoNecole
Your season is here, and you do well in the spotlight, Leo. August is about rewriting your story and seeing yourself as the divine co-creator of your reality. Notice where in your life you have been giving over your power, and make the effort to call back your power this month. Focus on perspectives that make you feel confident and nourished, and release any feelings of lack that keep you stuck in place. This is the month to stand in your courage and live your truths.
Venus, the planet of love, moves into your sign from August 11 until September 5, and you are entering one of the best times of the year for love. Remain hopeful when it comes to your intentions here, and focus on what you do have rather than what you don’t. The Sun moves out of your sign and into Virgo on August 22, giving you some breathing room to take in what you have learned over the past month and release anything keeping you away from peace.
Virgo Monthly Horoscope for August 2022VirgoKyra Jay for xoNecole
August is a time of honoring the cycles of your life and preparing for a transformation. This isn’t the month to look back and ponder on the past, it’s a time to move forward now, Virgo. You are ready to dive into some new experiences, and in August you are clearing the way, making space, and creating new plans so that you can move forward more effortlessly and with fewer roadblocks. You are being guided this month to have some more fun with the journey that you are on and to make time to just dance, be, and live your dreams.
Virgo Season begins on August 22, and it’s your time to shine and experience the blessings of a new day, Virgo. Virgo Season this year is all about remaining patient, but also about owning your value and how far you have come, knowing that it’s only going to get better for you. The New Moon of the month is occurring in Virgo on August 27 as well, and you are leaving August feeling renewed, supported, and in tune with all that is.
Libra Monthly Horoscope for August 2022LibraKyra Jay for xoNecole
You are building your world, Libra. August is about taking as much time as you need for your peace and your growth, and about protecting your energy. Remember that your inner guidance system is always available to you, and many of the answers you have been seeking without can be found within right now. By releasing what hasn’t been working for you, you can strengthen the bonds and experiences that have, creating more solid foundations for your intentions to manifest.
The Full Moon in your fellow air sign happening mid-month is bringing the focus to your heart, and you are ready to let go of relationships that have gone past their expiration date. With Mars moving into your 9th house for the next six months, you are entering a wild adventure this month, and this is an adventure that’s going to take you to new places and introduce you to new faces. You are free, Libra.
Scorpio Monthly Horoscope for August 2022ScorpioKyra Jay for xoNecole
Scorpio, you are entering the garden of your dreams this month. August is your time of connecting to what paradise, happiness, and fulfillment feel like for you, and making this the dominant energy in your life. You have been working on letting go and allowing in more love, and your transformations are evident. Keep creating from the heart and broadening your perspective, and on the New Moon on August 27, make sure to write down your intentions and focus on what you wish to manifest at this time.
Venus will be moving through your 10th house of career for most of August, signaling a time of feeling the love, connection, and possibly some weak spots on the work front. Public life and reputation are being highlighted this month, but overall with Venus in the mix here, you are being received especially favorably right now. Remember that you are worthy and deserving of great things, Scorpio.
Sagittarius Monthly Horoscope for August 2022SagittariusKyra Jay for xoNecole
August is a fun month for you, Sagittarius, and this is the month to have some fun! Plans are following through, friends are connecting, and you are feeling a good social buzz in your life in August. You are making some new discoveries and honoring what is lighting you up inside, and it’s attracting happy experiences and opportunities into your life. The Full Moon on August 11 is when you are going to be seeing a journey complete, and new clarity on where you are headed unfold.
Mars makes an important transit into your 7th house of love and relationships this month, where it will remain until 2023. You are entering a seven-month-long journey of love, and things are going to be emotionally heightened for you for the time being. New connections are entering your life and you are deciding what paths you want to embark on, and who you want to take with you. August is your time to play, unite, and celebrate your life.
Capricorn Monthly Horoscope for August 2022CapricornKyra Jay for xoNecole
Support is coming in for you this month, Capricorn. August is about divine intervention and allowing the universe to support your dreams. Sometimes you have to get out of your own way and out of your head, to see the real miracles and gifts that are right in front of you. This month you are getting those moments of clarity and you are receiving the messages. Divine guidance is here to support you right now, and your angels are with you, Capricorn.
The New Moon this month is occurring in an earth sign such as yourself, and you are flowing well with the energies that are flowing through the world as the month ends. You are moving into new territory at the end of August and creating some travel plans and future journeys that you feel inspired to take right now. Remember that the more you release, the more you allow; and the more you trust, the less you have time to doubt. You are safe.
Aquarius Monthly Horoscope for August 2022AquariusKyra Jay for xoNecole
August is a healing month for you, and you are finding your balance right now, Aquarius. There has been loss and there has been gain, and you are finding your balance between this sense of transformation you are experiencing at this time. Remember to give yourself a break from overthinking this month, to look at things from the perspective that they happened for a reason, and not punish yourself for not seeing something clearly sooner. You are everywhere you are supposed to be, and nowhere you are not, Aquarius.
The Full Moon this month is occurring in your sign on August 11, and you are seeing some powerful culminations appear in your life in mid-August. You are being ushered into light and away from any density you have been feeling in your life, and sometimes this means letting go of something you once thought was supportive of your journey. Give yourself the space and freedom to trust your path, and not judge yourself in this process. All is well.
Pisces Monthly Horoscope for August 2022PiscesKyra Jay for xoNecole
You are moving forward fearlessly this month, Pisces. August is a month of aligning with your strength and taking intentional action toward your goals. Ask yourself this month, “What would I do if I knew I was supported?” Then allow yourself the freedom to do just that, aligning with the love and empowerment of your heart. You are breaking new ground this month and overcoming previous challenges and obstacles, Pisces.
Mars moves into your 4th house of home and family where it will remain from August 2022 to March 2023, and you are putting the extra effort into your safe spaces and close loved ones during this time. You are entering a new journey where there is more energy and activity in the home, and your passion is flowing towards what feels safe and secure to you. With a New Moon in your opposite sign of Virgo before the month ends on August 27, the people who nurture and support your heart are coming in to make it known to you in August.
Let’s make things inbox official! Sign up for the xoNecole newsletter for daily love, wellness, career, and exclusive content delivered straight to your inbox.
Featured image by Kyra Jay for xoNecole
Tayler Barakat is a Mystic who has studied Astrology for over a decade. She does intuitive astrology and tarot readings for people all over the world, and her work focuses on healing and empowering individuals. Follow her on Instagram @taylerbarakat_ and check out her website www.listentothevirgo.com.
This article is in partnership with Sensodyne.
Our teeth are connected to so many things - our nutrition, our confidence, and our overall mood. We often take for granted how important healthy teeth are, until issues like tooth sensitivity or gum recession come to remind us. Like most things related to our bodies, prevention is the best medicine. Here are five things you can do immediately to improve your oral hygiene, prevent tooth sensitivity, and avoid dental issues down the road.
1) Go Easy On the Rough Brushing: Brushing your teeth is and always will be priority number one in the oral hygiene department. No surprises there! However, there is such a thing as applying too much pressure when brushing…and that can lead to problems over time. Use a toothbrush with soft bristles and brush in smooth, circular motions. It may seem counterintuitive, but a gentle approach to brushing is the most effective way to clean those pearly whites without wearing away enamel and exposing sensitive areas of the teeth.
2) Use A Desensitizing Toothpaste: As everyone knows, mouth pain can be highly uncomfortable; but tooth sensitivity is a whole different beast. Hot weather favorites like ice cream and popsicles have the ability to trigger tooth sensitivity, which might make you want to stay away from icy foods altogether. But as always, prevention is the best medicine here. Switching to a toothpaste like Sensodyne’s Sensitivity & Gum toothpaste specifically designed for sensitive teeth will help build a protective layer over sensitive areas of the tooth. Over time, those sharp sensations that occur with extremely cold foods will subside, and you’ll be back to treating yourself to your icy faves like this one!
3) Floss, Rinse, Brush. (And In That Order!): Have you ever heard the saying, “It’s not what you do, but how you do it”? Well, the same thing applies to taking care of your teeth. Even if you are flossing and brushing religiously, you could be missing out on some of the benefits simply because you aren’t doing so in the right order. Flossing is best to do before brushing because it removes food particles and plaque from places your toothbrush can’t reach. After a proper flossing sesh, it is important to rinse out your mouth with water after. Finally, you can whip out your toothbrush and get to brushing. Though many of us commonly rinse with water after brushing to remove excess toothpaste, it may not be the best thing for our teeth. That’s because fluoride, the active ingredient in toothpaste that protects your enamel, works best when it gets to sit on the teeth and continue working its magic. Rinsing with water after brushing doesn’t let the toothpaste go to work like it really can. Changing up your order may take some getting used to, but over time, you’ll see the difference.
4) Stay Hydrated: Upping your water supply is a no-fail way to level up your health overall, and your teeth are no exception to this rule. Drinking water not only helps maintain a healthy pH balance in your mouth, but it also washes away residue and acids that can cause enamel erosion. It also helps you steer clear of dry mouth, which is a gateway to bad breath. And who needs that?
5) Show Your Gums Some Love: When it comes to improving your smile, you may be laser-focused on getting your teeth whiter, straighter, and overall healthier. Rightfully so, as these are all attributes of a megawatt smile; but you certainly don’t want to leave gum health out of the equation. If you neglect your gums, you’ll start to notice the effects of plaque buildup, which can irritate the gums and cause gingivitis, the earliest stage of gum disease. Seeing blood while brushing and flossing is a tell-tale sign that your gums are suffering. You may also experience gum recession — a condition where the gum tissue surrounding your teeth pulls back, exposing more of your tooth. Brushing at least twice a day with a gum-protecting toothpaste like Sensodyne Sensitivity and Gum, coupled with regular dentist visits, will keep your gums shining as bright as those pearly whites.
An author by the name of Alexandra Katehakis once said this about orgasms: “Great spiritual teachers throughout the ages have stated that orgasm is the closest some people come to a spiritual experience because of the momentary loss of self. Why is this true? Because with spiritual sex, you move beyond orgasm into a connection with yourself, your partner, and the divine — recognizing them all as one.”
If it’s counterintuitive to what you’ve ever thought about orgasms, believe it or not, there are even pastors who have said that climaxing is the closest comprehension of heaven on this side of it: it is an extreme kind of bliss that is indescribable and is best experienced between two people who share a sacrificial kind of love for one another.
Although this might seem like a heavy way to intro this particular topic, because the O Method is an orgasm-achieving technique that centers around housing energy, embracing the mental practice of manifestation, and the attempt to achieve the best climaxes ever — it all works together pretty well if you ask me. If you want to take your orgasms to the next level, it’s important that you get out of yourself (to a certain extent), that you see the spiritual role that manifestation plays, and that you are open to trying new things. No doubt about it.
So, let’s learn more about what the O Method is all about and how it very well could be just what you’ve been looking for…even if you didn’t know it.
What Is the “O Method” All About?Giphy
Question: When’s the last time you’ve had an orgasm? Not just any orgasm — I mean a really mind-blowing one (I’ll give you a second to think about it). Now, what if you could manifest that experience to the point where it wasn’t a rare occurrence but something that happened almost every time that you and your partner had sex with each other? How absolutely awesome would that be?
That is pretty much what the O Method is all about — helping you achieve the kind of orgasms (and sexual pleasure, in general) that you desire through the practice of manifestation. And since your biggest sex organ is your brain, it would make perfect sense that even with all of the tips and techniques that you might learn to do as far as your body is concerned, honing in on what you think about is super imperative to sexual fulfillment, too. And that’s just where manifestation comes in.
What If You’ve Never “Manifested” Anything Before?Giphy
Before we get into a quick lesson on manifestation, I think it’s important to mention two things. One, for the cynics, there is a lot of truth in the fact that it’s got some solid spiritual basis to it because even the Good Book says that as a man thinketh in his heart, so is he (Proverbs 23:7). At the same time, that same Good Book tells us that faith without works is dead (James 2:14-26). So, while it is always a good idea to focus on good, positive, and productive thoughts, just thinking about them isn’t enough — at some point, you’ve also gotta get out here and DO something (bookmark that).
Okay, with that mini-sermon out of the way, whether it’s in the bedroom or not, manifestation is basically about focusing on something tangible that you desire, harnessing your energy in such a way that your words and actions are directed towards that longing until what you want, well, manifests. For the record, aside from this having a spiritual backing to it, in many ways, science cosigns on manifesting, too. There is actually a scientific process known as neuroplasticity that consists of reframing your mind so that your actions ultimately end up aligning with your goals — and that is another way to look at manifestation.
So, what if you’re someone who has never set out to do a manifestation practice before? No worries. Something that’s awesome about it is there are several different approaches that you can take.
Some people manifest what they want in their lives via:
- Visualization/Creating vision boards
- Writing down their desires before going to bed (so that they can “download” them into their dream state)
- Creating mantras and affirmations
- Applying the 369 Manifestation Method (you can learn more about that here)
- Learning more about what you want to manifest (which brings forth clarity)
This is important to keep in mind because, when it comes to manifesting the types of orgasms that you want to have, as you can see, you can try different manifestation methods until you find one (or ones) that you are truly comfortable with. One that can ease you into the entire process rather smoothly is something known as sex journaling.
How Sex Journaling Can Actually Help You to Have an OrgasmGiphy
As a writer, I’m a big fan of journaling. Mostly because it’s a way to get out some of your deepest thoughts and feelings so that you’re able to really process what is happening inside of you in a private setting. And when it comes to sex journaling, specifically, it’s all about centering yourself on the things sexually that you want to “unpack,” get clarity on or come to some revelations about. For instance, if there’s only been one partner from your past who’s been able to help you achieve the type of orgasms that you wish to manifest, journaling about what makes him different from the other guys can provide you with some solid ah-ha moments.
Or if you need help getting as specific as possible about the sexual experiences that you’re after, journaling can help to make that happen for you — because one thing that manifesting reminds us all to do is be as specific as possible.
Yeah, simply saying, “I want to have better sex” isn’t detailed enough when you want to get your energy to match with your desires — instead, describe how all of your senses should feel in the experience, along with why, that can get you so much closer to achieving your goal. Once those things are documented, you can segue into creating mantras and/or meditation that are based on them. Yeah, sex journaling really is an underrated superpower on a lot of levels (check out “The Art Of Sex Journaling (And Why You Should Do It)”).
5 Tips for Making the O Method Work for YouGiphy
Now that you know more about what the O Method is and how manifestation plays a direct role in its process, let’s talk about five ways to make the O Method truly effective in your own (sex) life.
1. Focus, FULLY, on your feminine energy. What do rose quartz, amethyst, moonstone (which is a Gemini birthstone as well; yes, I’m a Gemini), selenite, and rhodonite all have in common? They’re crystals that help you to go deeper into your divine feminine energy. Traits that are associated with this include compassion, creativity, kindness, gentleness, and sensuality (feminine energy is also accepting and forgiving). If you were to study energy from a biological standpoint, it’s about producing change, responding to stimuli, and having the ability to do what needs to be done (work). So, when it comes to manifesting the kind of orgasms or sexual experiences that you want, using things like your creativity and gentleness in your thoughts and actions can play a role in bringing balance to your partner’s masculinity, which can create a profound sense of pleasure — after all, opposites do attract.
2. Don’t hold back on what it is that you desire. Whenever I interview sex therapists, something that they all say is, a huge mistake that people make as far as sexual satisfaction is concerned is, they have walls up — not just with their partners but even within themselves. Sometimes, there is intimidation, fear, or even shame around what they really want to happen during sex to the point where they aren’t able to channel their energy fully in those directions in order to manifest what they want. For the O Method to work, you can’t let those types of negative emotions hinder you; the more you are able to articulate what you want and how you want it, the better chance you have of making it happen. So yes, get graphic. As graphic as possible.
3. Make manifestation a daily practice. Repetition is important when it comes to manifestation. That’s because the more you declare what you desire (a mantra), get still and think on it (meditation), or look at the “art” that you’ve created surrounding it (visualization), the quicker it becomes a part of you. So yes, make manifestation a daily practice. For instance, if one of your mantras is, “I am going to have intensely passionate orgasms, one right after the other,” don’t just state that 15 minutes before sex is going to happen. Wake up and declare it. Then say it on your lunch break. And again before turning in. The more your thoughts are “streamlined” in this way, the easier it will be for your body to follow suit.
4. Share this practice with your partner. If you were to do even more research on the O Method, one thing that most of the articles will mention is it’s a practice that you can do alone or with your partner. Indeed. However, I just want to make sure that you get into your psyche that great sex is, in part, about good communication. And so, the more comfortable you are sharing with your partner what you are doing as far as the O Method is concerned and what you ultimately want to happen as a result of the practice, the easier it will be for him to “match your energy” — both in and out of the bedroom. And when your partner is on the same page as you? That definitely increases the chances of attaining your sexual desires — exponentially so.
5. Stay in the moment. While I was reading one article on manifestation, I really appreciated something that the author said: manifestation isn’t some supernatural power. In other words, while it can be beneficial, it’s not like you can just think of something, and it instantly appears out of nowhere. Manifesting is a discipline, and it must be accompanied by action, consistency, and patience — this means that you must also practice mindfulness. Meaning, now that you know better what you’re looking to achieve as far as sex is concerned, every time that it transpires, maintain a level of positive energy, remember what your end goal is, and then determine in your mind to enjoy the moments as they come. Remember, manifestation isn’t to add stress…it’s to cultivate clarity.
At the end of the day, the O Method is simply a way of reminding you that your mind plays a huge role in your sexual pleasure, and when you channel it and your energy exactly where you want them both to go, you’ll be amazed what your body is capable of doing…and accomplishing.
So, what kind of orgasm are you wanting to achieve? You’ve got a tool to get you there. USE IT.
Let’s make things inbox official! Sign up for the xoNecole newsletter for daily love, wellness, career, and exclusive content delivered straight to your inbox.
Featured image by Giphy