Want A Rich Man? Here Is What You Should Do To Attract One
I am going to start off by saying that the words "sugar daddy" and "sugar baby" do not mean the same thing to everyone, however there is some stigma attached to these terms and there always will be. Despite our hypergamous nature as women, society still tells us we should prioritize love and a man's potential over provision and the protection it brings. This is why it's taboo for a beautiful woman to openly refer to herself as a "sugar baby" or lets it be known that she only dates men who are successful.
The women who struggle with this fact the most are women of color who aren't from an upper class background, as we are expected to go 50/50 and settle for "struggle love". The truth is, we have more options than we realize, because men of all races, ages, and socioeconomic backgrounds value young attractive women.
Wealthy men are able to attract and effectively court these women, spoil them with gifts and luxurious trips to beautiful destinations. These men are often called "sugar daddies" because, for them, life is sweet and life with them is the same for the ladies they fancy; it's also not uncommon for these men to be older or a divorced. The thing is, not every successful older man is a SD looking for an "arrangement" with a sugar baby, and not every attractive young woman is a "gold digger" (as they are often called) just out for his money. In fact, some men genuinely meet and fall in love with young women, and then make them spoiled wives.
I have dated men of means, some I've met online and some I've met the "old fashioned" way, and I've associated with plenty SBs who swear by that lifestyle. They consider common romantic relationships with regular men "vanilla" and unfulfilling. I, on the other hand, just believe every woman deserves a financially stable man who can provide, and will treat them like the Queen they are! The thing is, many of these men operate in a different world and have a different set of standards because of it, i.e. things that might not turn off a guy with a 9-5 may turn off a CEO of a Fortune 500 company. A level of discernment is needed to learn what type of man you're dealing with, and how to handle them accordingly.
For every 10 Sugar Daddies, there are 100 Salt Daddies out to waste your time and try to take advantage of you.
There are also "Splenda Daddies" who will pretend to have wealth to bait you, but they are not as financially secure as they claim to be (rental cars and Airbnbs, we see you). Don't fret sis, I have used my knowledge to compile a how-to list on attracting quality men on your level; and how to repel "broke boys" who want to hold interviews before taking you on coffee dates, or make you go dutch at the neighborhood bar and grille. *deep sigh*
How To Attract High Quality Men & Repel Low Quality Men
Be A Lady In The Streets...
Men of means are usually cultured and prefer classy women they can take out and show off, a "lady in the streets" so to speak. With this type of man, less is more. Soft and natural makeup, pencil skirts, the classic little black dress, 4in heels, simple hairstyles, and understated jewelry are key to turning the heads of businessmen.
Pretty, feminine colors will work wonders. If you like pants more than dresses, nice-fitting slacks with loafers or heels paired with a blouse is the chicest way to go. I would avoid jeans, leggings, and athletic gear when on dates or "freestyling" (i.e. getting dolled up and go out to places quality men frequent and congregate. )
Lead A Full Life
Most successful men have worked hard to get their fortune, and thus are busy the majority of the time. The time they spend with you will be quality but unless they are retired, they won't have a lot of it. Therefore, they like for their women to have their own lives.
As such, it would behoove you to have several hobbies that enrich your life. Not only will it make you mysterious to a potential suitor, it will give you something interesting to talk about! Yoga, painting, playing an instrument, taking cooking classes, and joining a book club are all good examples of where to start to create a fuller life.
Channel Your Divine Feminine
It's common for women to speak of the "Glow Up" or "Level Up" before looking for a man, but only mention the physical aspect of the transformation. It is true, rich men like sexy women who are in shape (usually size 10 or smaller) because they have more options and are less likely to deal with a woman who doesn't invest in her looks. However, a poor attitude, bad manners, and masculine energy are equally unattractive to them.
These men tend to be masculine alpha males with stressful careers and or businesses; when away from work, they want to unwind with beautiful and fun women. This brings me to my next point, femininity isn't just about makeup, bundles, and stilettos. Being feminine is more than being pretty or sexy, it's a mindset and the energy a woman should possess. Some examples of what this looks like is being sweet, kind, nurturing, quiet, and classy. Sit back and be a vessel of feminine energy. Let him take the lead. Don't you dare reach for the check, sis!
Put Yourself In Positions To Be Found
Where does a woman find these high value men? They're everywhere but the best places to spot them at places with things men like: a nice steak, cigars, liquor etc. You want to go to these spots solo or with one like-minded friend (a man is less likely to approach a group of women). Every major city has a poppin' downtown business district or upper class part of town where there are nice steakhouses, museums, hotel restaurants, and cigar bars.
Happy Hours are the best time to go "date yourself" and possibly run into your future husband or SD. Think Morton's The Steakhouse, Fleming's Steakhouse, Ruth's Chris Steak House; it's after work so the caliber of men you're looking for will be there to have a drink and socialize. You'll walk in looking amazing, get a seat at the bar or a quiet corner table, and prepare yourself to act as the snack and the meal.
After you order an appetizer, get yourself a girly drink like a Cosmopolitan, Amaretto Sour, or a Mojito and open a book to keep your attention while you become someone else's. Never get drunk and watch the bartender prepare your drink, especially if a gentleman offers to buy you one.
For the ladies who aren't ready to get out and "freestyle" just yet, you can go online to sites like Onluxy, Seeking Arrangement, Bumble, Tinder and others. It's easier to be deceitful online so be careful, there are plenty of Salt Daddies on these sites. Do your due diligence to vet all men carefully, and do not give out personal information right away!
Always arrange first dates in a public place so you're on even ground, and drive or Lyft your way there so you can leave on your own terms.
Lastly, ladies remember that YOU are the prize so there is nothing wrong with desiring a man who can provide, and will treat you well. Be it a Sugar Daddy to fund your "hot girl summer" or a successful man to marry and start a family with -- whichever works for you.
Happiness is the end goal so being confident, and putting yourself in the position to get precisely what you want is "The Sweet Spot". Any woman can level up.
Want more stories like this? Sign up for our newsletter here and check out the related reads below:
Featured image by Getty Images
- How To Be A High Value Woman - xoNecole: Women's Interest, Love, Wellness, Beauty ›
- What Makes A Man Invest In A Woman - xoNecole: Women's Interest, Love, Wellness, Beauty ›
- What Men Value In Women Relationships - xoNecole: Women's Interest, Love, Wellness, Beauty ›
- The Surprising Type Of Women Rich Men Like To Date - YouTube ›
- Successful Men Are Attracted To Successful Women - Did I Read ... ›
- How to Attract Rich Men and Keep Them Interested | PairedLife ›
- Simple Tips To Attract Successful Men ›
- The 5 Things Successful Men Notice First in a Woman | HuffPost ›
- How to Attract Successful Men | Dating Tips ›
- Two Things Smart Women Do to Attract Smart Men ›
This article is in partnership with Sensodyne.
Our teeth are connected to so many things - our nutrition, our confidence, and our overall mood. We often take for granted how important healthy teeth are, until issues like tooth sensitivity or gum recession come to remind us. Like most things related to our bodies, prevention is the best medicine. Here are five things you can do immediately to improve your oral hygiene, prevent tooth sensitivity, and avoid dental issues down the road.
1) Go Easy On the Rough Brushing: Brushing your teeth is and always will be priority number one in the oral hygiene department. No surprises there! However, there is such a thing as applying too much pressure when brushing…and that can lead to problems over time. Use a toothbrush with soft bristles and brush in smooth, circular motions. It may seem counterintuitive, but a gentle approach to brushing is the most effective way to clean those pearly whites without wearing away enamel and exposing sensitive areas of the teeth.
2) Use A Desensitizing Toothpaste: As everyone knows, mouth pain can be highly uncomfortable; but tooth sensitivity is a whole different beast. Hot weather favorites like ice cream and popsicles have the ability to trigger tooth sensitivity, which might make you want to stay away from icy foods altogether. But as always, prevention is the best medicine here. Switching to a toothpaste like Sensodyne’s Sensitivity & Gum toothpaste specifically designed for sensitive teeth will help build a protective layer over sensitive areas of the tooth. Over time, those sharp sensations that occur with extremely cold foods will subside, and you’ll be back to treating yourself to your icy faves like this one!
3) Floss, Rinse, Brush. (And In That Order!): Have you ever heard the saying, “It’s not what you do, but how you do it”? Well, the same thing applies to taking care of your teeth. Even if you are flossing and brushing religiously, you could be missing out on some of the benefits simply because you aren’t doing so in the right order. Flossing is best to do before brushing because it removes food particles and plaque from places your toothbrush can’t reach. After a proper flossing sesh, it is important to rinse out your mouth with water after. Finally, you can whip out your toothbrush and get to brushing. Though many of us commonly rinse with water after brushing to remove excess toothpaste, it may not be the best thing for our teeth. That’s because fluoride, the active ingredient in toothpaste that protects your enamel, works best when it gets to sit on the teeth and continue working its magic. Rinsing with water after brushing doesn’t let the toothpaste go to work like it really can. Changing up your order may take some getting used to, but over time, you’ll see the difference.
4) Stay Hydrated: Upping your water supply is a no-fail way to level up your health overall, and your teeth are no exception to this rule. Drinking water not only helps maintain a healthy pH balance in your mouth, but it also washes away residue and acids that can cause enamel erosion. It also helps you steer clear of dry mouth, which is a gateway to bad breath. And who needs that?
5) Show Your Gums Some Love: When it comes to improving your smile, you may be laser-focused on getting your teeth whiter, straighter, and overall healthier. Rightfully so, as these are all attributes of a megawatt smile; but you certainly don’t want to leave gum health out of the equation. If you neglect your gums, you’ll start to notice the effects of plaque buildup, which can irritate the gums and cause gingivitis, the earliest stage of gum disease. Seeing blood while brushing and flossing is a tell-tale sign that your gums are suffering. You may also experience gum recession — a condition where the gum tissue surrounding your teeth pulls back, exposing more of your tooth. Brushing at least twice a day with a gum-protecting toothpaste like Sensodyne Sensitivity and Gum, coupled with regular dentist visits, will keep your gums shining as bright as those pearly whites.
If there’s one part of the face that seems to be the most vexing to correct, it’s the under eyes.
This delicate area has a way of being tipped off by our irregular sleep patterns, stress, and the straining that comes from our computers and phone screens. From puffiness to dark circles, it can be irksome to find the right products to soothe our under-eye concerns. Thankfully, there’s one solution that delivers a brighter and more awakened look over time, and that’s under-eye masks and eye patches.
Eye patches are giving our under-eye bags an eviction notice because they can’t hang our glowing faces rent-free. The beauty of these patches is that they are designed to bring your eyes targeted results through concentrated doses of active ingredients directly to the skin under the eyes. Typically made of thin, gel-like material and infused with ingredients like niacinamide, hyaluronic acid, caffeine, and even green teas, these small but mighty patches depuff your puffiness, brighten your dark circles, or tighten fine lines.
While every under-eye differs in its needs, every eye can benefit from an under-eye mask or patch that suits its concerns. And to help, we’ve put together the best under-eye patches to hydrate, soothe, and brighten your eyes.
The KNC Beauty All Natural Retinol Infused Eye Mask, 5-Pack, is a retinol-infused, all-natural product designed to rejuvenate your eyes. It promises to provide hydration, smoothness, reduced puffiness, and brightness without the use of chemicals. With ingredients like retinol to refine skin texture and stimulate blood flow and aloe to soothe and reduce redness, it's like getting 8 hours of beauty sleep for your eyes.
These cooling hydrogel under-eye masks from Topicals promise to fade the appearance of dark circles and discoloration in just 15 minutes. The set includes six masks and offers benefits that brighten, hydrate, depuff, and cool your under-eye area.
Peter Thomas Roth Potent-C Power Brightening Hydra-Gel Eye Patches
Grab these eye contour gel patches to brighten the eye area and combat signs of aging using a powerful form of vitamin C called THD Ascorbate, which is 50 times more potent than traditional vitamin C.
BeautyBio's Bright Eyes consists of 15 colloidal silver-infused eye gel patches designed to provide instant depuffing, brightening, and revitalization to the delicate eye area within 10 minutes. They also contain natural collagen to help diminish the appearance of fine lines, which we love.
These viral hydrogel masks offer moisture and nourishment to rejuvenate tired-looking skin. Their Snail Secretion Filtrate contains "Mucin," an effective moisturizing ingredient that soothes damaged skin and delivers deep hydration, making it suitable for dehydrated and damaged skin types. Your under-eyes will thank you.
Try these caffeine-infused patches to reduce puffiness in the under-eye area. The product features clean, vegan ingredients such as caffeine, niacinamide, and hyaluronic acid for deep hydration and moisture delivery.
The Forever Eye Mask is designed to be the “last eye mask you'll ever need.” This thin, lightweight, and reusable eye patch can hold gels, serums, and creams close to the skin for better absorption, helping your skincare products work more effectively.
Let’s make things inbox official! Sign up for the xoNecole newsletter for daily love, wellness, career, and exclusive content delivered straight to your inbox.
Featured image by blackCAT/Getty Images