Sagittarius loves in bounty. This freedom-loving, adventurous soul brings this same type of energy, passion, and open-mindedness into their relationships. They love because it feels good doing so, and there’s not much else to it. Sagittarius in general isn’t the most emotional sign when it comes to romantic relationships but they are still a valuable partner to have in life as they will always keep life exciting, fun, and purposeful. They live life on their own terms and inspire their partners to live life to the fullest as well. Being with a Sagittarius is like being on a rollercoaster that is always going uphill. You can’t really see where you are headed- but your stomach definitely has butterflies.
One of the best qualities about Sagittarius in love is that they truly make you feel special. This sign has explored the world and then some. They know different types of people, their travel knowledge is typically broad, and not to mention they have a unique spiritual philosophy on life that they love to dive into. So when they find someone they want to spend their time with, you know that someone is special as Sagittarius is a hard sign to pin down. Being that Sagittarius is a mutable sign, this sign has a higher chance of getting along with many other different signs, rather than just your typical fire and fire or fire and air duos. Sagittarius in love is spontaneous, loving, and unforgettable.
Sagittarius + Aries Love Compatibility
Fire sign energy come together to create fireworks. Sagittarius and Aries are an electrifying couple. What makes this duo work so well is they understand each other on a base level and both see life through a similar lens. The passion that they direct toward life goes into their relationships as well and they both see the relationship as somewhere they can experience that passion, excitement, and love they are looking for. Passion runs high with this duo, and they thrive in active environments. This is the type of couple who like doing things together but also highly values each other's freedom and independence as well.
Sagittarius + Taurus Love Compatibility
Sagittarius and Taurus aren’t a duo you see too often, and rightly so. These two live on opposite ends of the spectrum and don’t meet in the middle too often. They both thrive in different environments meaning date nights and time spent together may not be too fulfilling for both of them. The biggest factor that plays into the incompatibility of Sagittarius and Taurus is that Sagittarius prefers its freedom and Taurus prefers its stability. However, these two can learn a lot from each other if they decide to put their differences aside and focus on what they love about each other rather than their differences.
Sagittarius + Gemini Love Compatibility
This compatibility is bittersweet but mostly sweet. Sagittarius and Gemini are on exact opposite sides of the zodiac wheel, otherwise known as sister signs which brings them closer together. However, at the end of the day, these two signs are opposites. What makes this pairing excel in compatibility is that they are both curious, open-minded, and love a good adventure. This is the type of couple that likes to be out and about doing things, and they can be quite the showstoppers. This couple thrives when it comes to mental stimulation and they are a couple that encourages excitement within each other.
Sagittarius + Cancer Love Compatibility
Sagittarius and Cancer can be an unexpectedly delightful pairing. What makes this compatibility better than most fire and water sign duos, is that there is a good give-and-take here. Sagittarius provides to the relationship what Cancer isn’t too focused on giving, and vice versa. For example, Cancer’s mind isn’t focused on philosophy, travel, and the world around them as much as Sagittarius is. Sagittarius’ mind isn’t focused on the home, stability, and their immediate environment, like Cancer’s homebody soul is. This works out for this pairing because they can complete the full picture together and provide each other with good reciprocity. Given the right circumstances, this pairing can work out well long-term for both of them.
Sagittarius + Leo Love Compatibility
Sagittarius and Leo are an exciting duo. They may fight for the spotlight from time to time and can overall have ego clashes within this relationship, but for the most part, this is a pairing you see that lasts the long haul. There is a lot of love and admiration between these two because they both understand where each other is coming from. They both require the same type of zest in life, and sharing a common goal with your partner is a recipe for success at the end of the day. Sagittarius and Leo are going to the same place and at the same pace and these two show up in the relationship with a lot of joy doing so.
Sagittarius + Virgo Love Compatibility
Sagittarius and Virgo are both mutable signs, and the relationship they form together has many different eras, being that both of these signs love to switch it up. Sagittarius and Virgo are a power couple nonetheless when you consider how they are both self-empowered and self-assured individuals. Think Jay-Z and Beyoncé. Sagittarius (Jay-Z) has his empire, and Virgo (Beyoncé) has her own as well, yet when you think of one you think of the other. This is because not only do both signs value their independence, but they put that same empowerment and love within their relationship as well, which helps it thrive.
Sagittarius + Libra Love Compatibility
This pairing is more common than the others, and you can immediately see how these two get along so well. Fire and air signs are one of the best when it comes to compatibility and they work out because they both get each other on another level. Being that Libra loves to love and you can find them in a relationship with any sign, they don’t have the same hangups when it comes to Sagittarius’ changeability as most signs do. Libra is a sign that can keep up with Sagittarius rather than try to hold them down or change their way of being. Libra loves their emotional freedom just as much as Sagittarius, and these two have a way of living in bliss together.
Sagittarius + Scorpio Love Compatibility
Sagittarius and Scorpio are typically a pairing that is better off as friends. Within a friendship, it is easier to understand each other's differences and to put them aside for the sake of the friendship. However, romantically, this is easier said than done. Sagittarius and Scorpio are always on a different vibe. Sagittarius is in their mind, and Scorpio is in their feels. Meeting in the middle requires more effort than they are usually willing to give, especially when it comes to Sagittarius who doesn’t like to be bothered with such emotional waters. When they’re keeping things light, this relationship does well, but when things get serious, this relationship starts heating up in more suffocating ways than romantic for Sagittarius.
Sagittarius + Sagittarius Love Compatibility
A Sagittarius and Sagittarius duo is just wild, to be honest. I can see Sagittarius trying this pairing just for the fun of it. They could have a lot of adventures and fun times together, but ironically, the reflection that they see in one another is a little too close for comfort. When it comes to dating your sign, you are often confronted with aspects of yourself you hadn’t seen before and the truth can be uncomfortable for some. If both signs are willing to grow within themselves and confront any issues that may arise head-on, then this can work, but with Sagittarius being such a curious sign who loves to learn from others and loves the uniqueness of individuality, dating someone who is like them isn’t too enticing for them.
Sagittarius + Capricorn Love Compatibility
Sagittarius and Capricorn is a duo that is more common than people may assume. Relationships with the signs next to yours have a different type of energy and compatibility because they are signs that learn a lot from each other and have a good give and take. Sagittarius and Capricorn both want a love that means something. Legacy is important for both of these signs, and they can create quite a legacy with each other. Capricorn excels in building the strong foundations needed for any relationship to survive, and Sagittarius brings the expansion needed for any relationship to thrive. If these two are on the same page, this can work.
Sagittarius + Aquarius Love Compatibility
This fire and air sign duo tends to be better in theory than reality, but if they are both in the right space emotionally, this can truly be a soulmate pairing that lasts the tests of time. What works here is that this couple has a lot of the same interests, and both genuinely just like each other. However, being that both of these signs aren’t the most romantic bunch of the zodiac, this can leave emotions dry and it can be difficult to know where each other truly stands as they aren’t the most expressive emotionally. If the love is truly there, they will be able to break this barrier, get out of their comfort zone, and let each other in more. If the relationship is not meant to be then there will always be this type of emotional barrier that makes it difficult to grow closer.
Sagittarius + Pisces Love Compatibility
Sagittarius and Pisces are an exciting and happy couple to be around. This is a Jupiter couple, as these mutable signs also share the same beloved ruling planet. They have an underlying energy of believing in the impossible and seeing the brighter side of the lens, and when they come together there is a lot of joy and love shared in this pairing. Commitment, however, can be a different story as that word means something different to both of them. If they can lay their expectations, needs, and wants for the relationship all out on the table, then misunderstandings are less likely and they can learn how to work together and make the relationship grow, rather than always feeling like they are moving in different directions and have to compromise more than they want.
Let’s make things inbox official! Sign up for the xoNecole newsletter for daily love, wellness, career, and exclusive content delivered straight to your inbox.
Featured image by Riska/Getty Images
- The Sun Stars Are Aligned: The Most Compatible Zodiac Signs ›
- This Is How Each Zodiac Sign Pairs With Libra In Matters Of The Heart ›
- Here Are The Least Compatible Zodiac Signs, According To Astrology ›
- Your Partner's Love Language, According To Their Zodiac Sign ›
- Find Out More About The Least Compatible Zodiac Signs - xoNecole: Women's Interest, Love, Wellness, Beauty ›
Tayler Barakat is a Mystic who has studied Astrology for over a decade. She does intuitive astrology and tarot readings for people all over the world, and her work focuses on healing and empowering individuals. Follow her on Instagram @taylerbarakat_ and check out her website www.listentothevirgo.com.
This article is in partnership with Sensodyne.
Our teeth are connected to so many things - our nutrition, our confidence, and our overall mood. We often take for granted how important healthy teeth are, until issues like tooth sensitivity or gum recession come to remind us. Like most things related to our bodies, prevention is the best medicine. Here are five things you can do immediately to improve your oral hygiene, prevent tooth sensitivity, and avoid dental issues down the road.
1) Go Easy On the Rough Brushing: Brushing your teeth is and always will be priority number one in the oral hygiene department. No surprises there! However, there is such a thing as applying too much pressure when brushing…and that can lead to problems over time. Use a toothbrush with soft bristles and brush in smooth, circular motions. It may seem counterintuitive, but a gentle approach to brushing is the most effective way to clean those pearly whites without wearing away enamel and exposing sensitive areas of the teeth.
2) Use A Desensitizing Toothpaste: As everyone knows, mouth pain can be highly uncomfortable; but tooth sensitivity is a whole different beast. Hot weather favorites like ice cream and popsicles have the ability to trigger tooth sensitivity, which might make you want to stay away from icy foods altogether. But as always, prevention is the best medicine here. Switching to a toothpaste like Sensodyne’s Sensitivity & Gum toothpaste specifically designed for sensitive teeth will help build a protective layer over sensitive areas of the tooth. Over time, those sharp sensations that occur with extremely cold foods will subside, and you’ll be back to treating yourself to your icy faves like this one!
3) Floss, Rinse, Brush. (And In That Order!): Have you ever heard the saying, “It’s not what you do, but how you do it”? Well, the same thing applies to taking care of your teeth. Even if you are flossing and brushing religiously, you could be missing out on some of the benefits simply because you aren’t doing so in the right order. Flossing is best to do before brushing because it removes food particles and plaque from places your toothbrush can’t reach. After a proper flossing sesh, it is important to rinse out your mouth with water after. Finally, you can whip out your toothbrush and get to brushing. Though many of us commonly rinse with water after brushing to remove excess toothpaste, it may not be the best thing for our teeth. That’s because fluoride, the active ingredient in toothpaste that protects your enamel, works best when it gets to sit on the teeth and continue working its magic. Rinsing with water after brushing doesn’t let the toothpaste go to work like it really can. Changing up your order may take some getting used to, but over time, you’ll see the difference.
4) Stay Hydrated: Upping your water supply is a no-fail way to level up your health overall, and your teeth are no exception to this rule. Drinking water not only helps maintain a healthy pH balance in your mouth, but it also washes away residue and acids that can cause enamel erosion. It also helps you steer clear of dry mouth, which is a gateway to bad breath. And who needs that?
5) Show Your Gums Some Love: When it comes to improving your smile, you may be laser-focused on getting your teeth whiter, straighter, and overall healthier. Rightfully so, as these are all attributes of a megawatt smile; but you certainly don’t want to leave gum health out of the equation. If you neglect your gums, you’ll start to notice the effects of plaque buildup, which can irritate the gums and cause gingivitis, the earliest stage of gum disease. Seeing blood while brushing and flossing is a tell-tale sign that your gums are suffering. You may also experience gum recession — a condition where the gum tissue surrounding your teeth pulls back, exposing more of your tooth. Brushing at least twice a day with a gum-protecting toothpaste like Sensodyne Sensitivity and Gum, coupled with regular dentist visits, will keep your gums shining as bright as those pearly whites.
Imma tell y’all what — it seems like not one week goes by when I don’t see some sort of so-called term that has me like, “What in the world?” For instance, when I first stumbled upon “self-partnering,” honestly, I laughed. Then shared it with some other single people as well as married folks I know. And I kid you not, every individual was like, “What the heck does that mean?” When I told them that it was yet, one more way to seemingly define single living, basically everyone’s follow-up was, “Oh, brother.”
Why can’t (more) singles just be single and be okay with that? Good Lord. Why does there need to be some sort of relational play-on-words to make it sound like we’re with someone — even if we’re not?
Now masturdating? Even though it’s not even close to being a “real” word, it’s something that also brought a laugh outta me — although it was then followed by a genuine smile. The laugh because I almost immediately caught the play-on-words. The smile was due to the intention behind it all.
If you’re not familiar with what masturdating is and you’re curious about why you should even care, take a few moments to at least skim through what it’s about and why I think participating, as a single person, is a pretty cool (and effective) concept.
Masturdate: a date w oneself
What’s Masturdating All About?
Masturdating. Okay, so let the word marinate for just a moment. What does it sound like? Yeah…exactly. And since a huge part of masturbation centers around self-pleasure, it’s cool to explore how “self-dating” could produce similar (as far as pleasure is concerned in a broader sense) results. Because masturdating is all about spending quality time with yourself, pampering yourself, treating yourself— and yes, taking yourself out on dates.
Any of you who may think that masturdating is a consolation prize — and a pitiful one at that — for not being able to go out with another human being or get that dream $200 first date that social media was all in a tizzy about last year (bookmark that) — personally, I think that you’re the demographic who needs to try out masturdating first and the most. Why? Off top, I’ll share my three good reasons.
3 Reasons To Strongly Consider Masturdating
1. It’s an intimate way to get to know yourself better. I’ve been working with couples for a pretty long time at this point and if there’s a pattern that I see arise, OFTEN, it’s that two people are oftentimes so busy trying to “find their person” that they didn’t even know who they were. As a direct result, they found themselves in a relationship with someone who only complemented the “kiddie pool version” of who they were.
That’s why it can be so beneficial to spend time getting to know yourself on the “deep end” of things: what makes you tick, what your passions are, what you want most out of life, what are your interests beyond obvious things — and masturdating can help you to discover all of this. Whether it’s traveling alone or taking out a weekend to drink some wine and journal, the more you get to know yourself, the clearer you’ll be about who complements you on a romantic and friendship level.
2. It will definitely help to boost your confidence levels. I guess since I’m an ambivert, I don’t really get why people freak out at the mere thought of going to a restaurant or movie alone. Personally, I think it requires a helluva lot more energy and gumption to wait around and plan stuff with other people (#Elmoshrug). However, whether you’re an introvert, extrovert, or ambivert, there’s no way around the fact that the more comfortable you get with doing things alone, the more your confidence levels will increase — no, soar — because of it.
One article that I read on the topic said that doing things alone can make you more creative, improve your mental health, and help you to be totally okay with being alone (so that you’re not “needy” for other people’s attention). A psychotherapist from a New York Times article on the benefits of spending time alone said, “Getting better at identifying moments when we need solitude to recharge and reflect can help us better handle negative emotions and experiences, like stress and burnout.” And when you’re able to stare negativity in its face without flinching, how could that not make you bolder, more self-secure, and hopeful about your life?
3. It will teach you to value your time more effectively. In every facet of your world, you’re gonna operate from a healthier place if you’re operating from a “full cup” rather than an empty one. When it comes to this topic, think about it — if you’re constantly waiting on someone to call you to go out or wishing for a dream date with some guy, all you’re doing is wasting precious time that you could be spending taking a cooking class or hell, hiring a chef to make you dinner at your own home.
Indeed, waiting has two sides to it: when it’s in the form of patience, it is indeed a virtue, yet when it’s wrapped up in the notion that you’re not really living life unless you have an audience…it is totally working against you. Choose wisely.
10 Solo Date Ideas To Help You To “Master” Masturdating
So, what if you’re someone who has either never considered actually masturdating before or you don’t really know what to do beyond dinner and the movies? Here are a few ideas to consider:
1. Attend a workshop or masterclass that you’re interested in. If there’s something that you’ve always wanted to learn, sign up for a workshop or masterclass. The cool thing about this option is there are probably some in your city, as well as some that you can find online (like here) that are convenient and affordable.
2. Binge-read at a local coffee shop. Aside from their coziness and oftentimes inviting scents, I once read that a lot of us gravitate to coffee shops because we can be around people without having to actually socialize with them. So, if you want to “hang out” while still being able to enjoy a bit of solitude, take a book that you’ve been trying to finish to a local coffee shop, order your favorite latte, and sit in a big-ass comfy chair. Usually, you can sit there for hours, and the staff will be just fine with it (another bonus).
3. Have a spa day in the next town. You can never go wrong with a spa day. And while going with a friend can be fun, sometimes there’s too much talking transpiring to be able to fully chill out and relax. So, go off of the grid, get a change of scenery, and hit up a spa in the next city (or town). There are lots of studies out here supporting that day trips or “daycations” can actually be really good for your long-term health and well-being.
4. See a community play. Some of the best solo dates that I’ve ever been on consisted of taking in some of the local arts in my city. What’s really cool about this particular option is, oftentimes, they are extremely inexpensive, if not totally free of charge (in exchange for making a donation or putting money into a tip jar).
5. Plan a trip. Whenever people say something along the lines of, “If you don’t expect anything, you won’t be disappointed,” I know that they low-key have some (additional) healing to do from past disappointments. There’s simply too much intel out here to support that anticipation (of good stuff) makes us more motivated and optimistic, keeps our dopamine levels up, and makes life more exciting overall.
Since traveling alone is more cost-effective, gives you the freedom to do whatever you want (when you want), and increases the possibility of meeting new people and having new experiences on your journey — why not devote a day this weekend to planning a solo trip? All the way around, it’s good for you.
6. Try your hand at your own “$200 date.” Uh-huh. Roll your eyes if you want to, but it’s real easy to talk left about how a man should be able to just drop $200 like it’s nothing…until you actually try to do it. So yes, while taking yourself out on this type of date could serve as a bit of a reality check, it can also “scratch the itch” of waiting on some dude to do it for you. It’s also way less emotionally draining because, at least when you’re taking your own self out, it’s guaranteed that you’ll enjoy the company…right?
7. DIY some pampering. When you get a chance, check out “5 Reasons You Should Unapologetically Pamper Yourself,” “Want To Love On Yourself? Try These 10 Things At Home.,” “I’ve Got Some Ways For You To Start Pampering Your Soul,” and “When's The Last Time You Actually Pampered Your Vagina?” The bottom line here is pampering is all about, not mere self-maintenance; it’s all about treating yourself to levels of EXTREME SELF-INDULGENCE. So, if nothing else tickles your fancy on this list, at least consider doing that, chile.
8. Feed your creativity. Something that I used to be really good at is art. That said, one of my goddaughters is insanely talented, so she has reminded me to tap back into it. Also, a big part of what got me into the writing world is poetry; I actually used to be a house poet at a local spot. Sometimes, my best quality time moments with myself have been revisiting these creative sides of me — and this is definitely easier to do (and enjoy) alone.
9. Try some stargazing. When’s the last time you took a blanket into your backyard, laid down on it, and just stared at the stars for hours on end? While some say that stargazing can teach you to be mindful, others say that being in that form of nature reduces stress, while others believe that looking up at the universe at night can increase your attention span. All solid reasons to give it a shot, if you ask me.
10. DO. ABSOLUTELY. NOTHING. Let me tell you something that nobody will ever be able to make me feel bad about: doing absolutely nothing. I’ve got data to back me up. Good Housekeeping shares that doing nothing can help you decide how you want to respond or react to certain things. I like howThe Guardian says that taking this approach helps you to regain control of what you give your attention to.
TIME magazine says that it can ultimately make you more productive.BBC offers up that it can help you tap into your ingenuity.Henry Ford Health says that it can make you kinder and a better problem-solver. So, if you want to invest in yourself, do nothing sometimes.
Closing Thoughts from the Lovely Javicia Leslie
While some of y'all may know Javicia Leslie from being the former Batwoman, I discovered her back in the day from the indie series Chef Julian (and yes, "Julian" was right to say that "Mo" looks like Tatyana Ali...the real ones know). Sometimes I'll hop on her IG to see what she's got going on and this story popped up within a few hours of me penning this...so, I took it as hella confirmation.
TREAT YO SELF. WAIT FOR NO ONE.
WAIT FOR NO ONE. TREAT YO SELF.
RINSE AND REPEAT.
Sooo…what kind of masturdating plans do you have for this coming weekend? While going out with others has its perks, hanging out with yourself has a ton of ‘em too. Enjoy!
No…for real. ENJOY!
Let’s make things inbox official! Sign up for the xoNecole newsletter for daily love, wellness, career, and exclusive content delivered straight to your inbox.
Featured image by FOTOGRAFIA, INC./Getty Images