When you rolled out of bed this morning and headed to your respective places of work, did you consider that you have everything you need to be successful?
It's 2020 and we're investing, paying off debt, and generating multiple streams of income all 2020, sis, and there's no time for excuses. No matter what your financial situation may be, there will always be a bag to secure if you're ambitious, innovative, and know your sh*t.
Just look at celebrities like Beyoncé, who took a deep dive into the athletic wear industry and sold out in 24 hours, or Issa Rae who leveraged her love for music into a lucrative money move—there's always money to be made (and spent) so it's important that you take it and invest in your future (not waste it).
From acquiring new companies to signing joint partnership deals, these celebrities have been in their bag this year.
Here's all the inspiration you need to do CPR on your vision and get your finances all the way together:
Yeah, Beyoncé's in her bag but she's in our bag too—or whatever Meg Thee Stallion said. Last week, Queen Bey announced the release of her joint collection with Adidas and the internet went crazy.
Ahead of the IVY PARK x Adidas debut, in a major marketing move, Bey sent care packages to some of our favorite celebs—including but not limited to Yara Shahidi, Alicia Keys, and Janelle Monae—and ultimately sold out of every product (except two very fly logo belts) in one day.
Along with her latest venture with the athletic wear brand, Variety also reported that Beyonce recently signed a deal with Sony/ATV—the largest publisher in the world.
Issa Rae finally came through with a teaser and a release date the fourth season of Insecure, but the HBO series is only one of the many projects that Issa has in the works currently.
Along with the debut of The Photograph and Love Birds in theaters this year, Issa Rae has also been intentional about building her presence in the music industry. Last month, Issa Rae announced her co-ownership of a coffee shop in Inglewood and this week, a report revealed that the multifaceted maven recently acquired the music supervision firm, Bonfire, whose credits include The Get Down, Godfather of Harlem, and Wu-Tang: An American Saga.
If you're in Atlanta this Saturday or any Saturday in the near future, make sure to pull up at one of the newest lounges on Cascade for fiery drinks, southern-cooked meals, and even a celebrity sighting or two.
A collaboration between K. Michelle, who owns Puff & Petals, and Atlanta restaurateur, Shema Fulton, Puff meets petal is a one-of-a-kind pop-up dining experience at Parc Garden. Shema, who originally lost her restaurant in a fire, teamed up with K after the singer temporarily closed down her restaurant to search for a new venue and the rest is history. K told Atlanta Black Star:
"A lot of times when you get in business with someone you find out they're not up to par. She's easy to work with and she [Fulton] knows what she's doing. It was a no-brainer. It just made sense."
Taraji P. Henson
As years of playing Cookie Lyon are soon coming to an end, Taraji P. Henson is on a mission to build an empire of her own. Earlier this month, the 49-year-old actress dropped her new haircare line at Target that promises to put an end to our frail follicle woes.
Designed specifically for protective styles, Taraji's latest brand was crafted with Black women in mind and is sure to get all our coins. In addition to her newly launched company, Taraji will also help secure a bag for Girls Who Code during her Super Bowl commercial.
Featured image by Featureflash Photo Agency / Shutterstock.com
Taylor "Pretty" Honore is a spiritually centered and equally provocative rapper from Baton Rouge, Louisiana with a love for people and storytelling. You can probably find me planting herbs in your local community garden, blasting "Back That Thang Up" from my mini speaker. Let's get to know each other: @prettyhonore.
This article is in partnership with Sensodyne.
Our teeth are connected to so many things - our nutrition, our confidence, and our overall mood. We often take for granted how important healthy teeth are, until issues like tooth sensitivity or gum recession come to remind us. Like most things related to our bodies, prevention is the best medicine. Here are five things you can do immediately to improve your oral hygiene, prevent tooth sensitivity, and avoid dental issues down the road.
1) Go Easy On the Rough Brushing: Brushing your teeth is and always will be priority number one in the oral hygiene department. No surprises there! However, there is such a thing as applying too much pressure when brushing…and that can lead to problems over time. Use a toothbrush with soft bristles and brush in smooth, circular motions. It may seem counterintuitive, but a gentle approach to brushing is the most effective way to clean those pearly whites without wearing away enamel and exposing sensitive areas of the teeth.
2) Use A Desensitizing Toothpaste: As everyone knows, mouth pain can be highly uncomfortable; but tooth sensitivity is a whole different beast. Hot weather favorites like ice cream and popsicles have the ability to trigger tooth sensitivity, which might make you want to stay away from icy foods altogether. But as always, prevention is the best medicine here. Switching to a toothpaste like Sensodyne’s Sensitivity & Gum toothpaste specifically designed for sensitive teeth will help build a protective layer over sensitive areas of the tooth. Over time, those sharp sensations that occur with extremely cold foods will subside, and you’ll be back to treating yourself to your icy faves like this one!
3) Floss, Rinse, Brush. (And In That Order!): Have you ever heard the saying, “It’s not what you do, but how you do it”? Well, the same thing applies to taking care of your teeth. Even if you are flossing and brushing religiously, you could be missing out on some of the benefits simply because you aren’t doing so in the right order. Flossing is best to do before brushing because it removes food particles and plaque from places your toothbrush can’t reach. After a proper flossing sesh, it is important to rinse out your mouth with water after. Finally, you can whip out your toothbrush and get to brushing. Though many of us commonly rinse with water after brushing to remove excess toothpaste, it may not be the best thing for our teeth. That’s because fluoride, the active ingredient in toothpaste that protects your enamel, works best when it gets to sit on the teeth and continue working its magic. Rinsing with water after brushing doesn’t let the toothpaste go to work like it really can. Changing up your order may take some getting used to, but over time, you’ll see the difference.
4) Stay Hydrated: Upping your water supply is a no-fail way to level up your health overall, and your teeth are no exception to this rule. Drinking water not only helps maintain a healthy pH balance in your mouth, but it also washes away residue and acids that can cause enamel erosion. It also helps you steer clear of dry mouth, which is a gateway to bad breath. And who needs that?
5) Show Your Gums Some Love: When it comes to improving your smile, you may be laser-focused on getting your teeth whiter, straighter, and overall healthier. Rightfully so, as these are all attributes of a megawatt smile; but you certainly don’t want to leave gum health out of the equation. If you neglect your gums, you’ll start to notice the effects of plaque buildup, which can irritate the gums and cause gingivitis, the earliest stage of gum disease. Seeing blood while brushing and flossing is a tell-tale sign that your gums are suffering. You may also experience gum recession — a condition where the gum tissue surrounding your teeth pulls back, exposing more of your tooth. Brushing at least twice a day with a gum-protecting toothpaste like Sensodyne Sensitivity and Gum, coupled with regular dentist visits, will keep your gums shining as bright as those pearly whites.
We all have a dream life that we spend our free time daydreaming about. You know, the one with a loving partner, high-rise apartment, thriving career, and endless abundance. But as much as we can dream about it, there has to be a little extra sprinkle of “magic” to make it become a reality, and that’s when manifestation comes in.
The uptick in manifestation techniques is nothing new to the internet. Since The Secret and the Law of Attraction became available on YouTube in the early 2010s and fast forward to today, where #manifestationtok and #spiritualtok surging in popularity, it’s clear that there are a number of different ways to get what you want out of life with the right action, affirmation, and visualization.
Still, with so many ways to manifest, from scripting to the 3-6-9 Method, it can be hard to know which one to lean into. But there’s one new technique that’s promising to yield “instant results,” and we’re curious about it.
The "I Am Sure" Manifestation
Replying to @A I M E E 🖤 lG: hothighpriestess 🤍 this is the “I am sure” method #iamsuremethod
The “I Am Sure” manifestation gained traction this summer by TikTok creator Sara Perl of @hothighpriestess, who initially introduced the method.
In her original video breaking down the concept, she detailed the steps to use the technique for those looking to “manifest overnight.” To do so, start by stating “I am sure,” followed by “your desired manifestation in the present tense.” If there’s a job, promotion, or text from a crush that you want, then you’d say, “I am sure that I got X job,” or “I am sure that I make a $100K salary.” Repeat this out loud 10 times, or for faster results, write them down on a piece of paper and say it back to yourself whenever the desire comes up.
Using your words and speaking in the present tense, affirmatively, “puts you in the frequency that has that desire,” as Perl states. “We know our thoughts create our reality, but our words create our reality even faster.”
No matter how you choose to manifest your dream life, there’s nothing like channeling a powerful affirmation and some faith to get what you desire. In every instance, though, allow yourself to dismiss any doubt that may try to cloud your hopes in good things coming into your life, and don’t hold too tightly onto the “how” or “when.” Trust the process and know that the “thing” that you desire is just waiting for the perfect time to enter your life.
Let’s make things inbox official! Sign up for the xoNecole newsletter for daily love, wellness, career, and exclusive content delivered straight to your inbox.
Featured image by Tassii/Getty Images