Celebrity couples have a way of attacking the hearts of fans and audiences. There's just something so intriguing about knowing the personal details of someone you may admire. And let's be honest, after a while, the social media posts and intimate interviews can make some of us feel like we know the ins and outs of these relationships. But the truth is, most times, there's a lot we don't actually know. And when moments like these happen, it becomes painfully obvious that all that glitters ain't gold. We're all human, and no matter how rich or famous one may be, relationship struggles and break-ups happen. But I'll admit, the ones we're about to mention surprised me and stung a bit.
Check out this list of the biggest celebrity breakups of 2021. And, let us know if there's anyone you would have added!
Kim Kardashian and Kanye “Ye” West
Karwai Tang/Getty Images
Whether you love or hate these two, it's hard to ignore the fact that their names draw attention. This is why it simply seemed like "rumors" when whispers of Kanye West and Kim Kardashian divorcing would make the rounds every couple of years. Plus, the two would quickly dismiss the claims with a public statement of affection or an IG post that made the item appear happy and unbothered. But after a while, it was hard to ignore that there was obviously a lot going on. From Kanye's presidential run and Twitter rants to more serious things like mental health struggles and long sprouts of separation, the rumors of the end of their seven-year marriage started to ring true. From the outside looking in, the announcement wasn't a complete shock. Yet still, true fans were pretty upset. The couple shares four children and has often publicly spoken about their love and passion for each other.
But at the end of the day, it seems as if the cause of their split was actually quite normal. During the Keeping up With the Kardashians final season, Kim addressed everything and admitted to feeling as if she desired a more conventional relationship. She says, "I just feel like I've worked so hard in life to achieve everything that I've wanted to, and I've lived up to my expectations and achieved 10 times more than I ever thought was humanly possible, but I don't have a life to share that with."
"After turning 40 this year, I realized, like, 'No, I don't want a husband that lives in a completely different state.' To me, I thought, 'Oh my God, that's when we're getting along the best.' But then, that is sad to me and that's not what I want."
Sometimes it seems as if the couple is working to fix it, and other times it looks like things are pretty final. It's tough because "I miss the old Kanye" and hope Kim ends up happy too.
Saweetie and Quavo
Steve Granitz/WireImage via Getty Images
The relationship between Saweetie and Quavo seemed like it happened so long ago, which is weird because I liked them together; and so did, like, everybody else. They just seemed fun and super carefree, but I guess you can never judge a book or IG post by its cover. Because pretty soon after fans started speculating about the rappers' split, Saweetie confirmed it in a very direct tweet. It read, "I'm single. I've endured too much betrayal and hurt behind the scenes for a false narrative to be circulating that degrades my character. Presents don't band-aid scars and the love isn't real when the intimacy is given to other women."
Later, Quavo responded with his own spicy tweet saying, "I know you want to make this into a show so I'll play my part just this one time. I don't normally put my business out there, especially my personal life. I feel the need to address this so there are no false narratives." He continues, "I had love for you and was disappointed you did all that. You are not the woman I thought you were. I wish you nothing but the best."
Saweetie then concluded the back and forth with a short and sweet, "take care." Even though the social thread and events that followed became pretty toxic, they were a hot celebrity couple at the time and left us with a few nice break-up tracks.
Zayn Malik and Gigi Hadid
Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty Images
Whew, this one is a lot. Model Gigi Hadid and singer/songwriter Zayn Malik's on-again-off-again relationship came to a head when Yolanda Hadid, Gigi's mother, alleged that Zayn "struck" her during a dispute. According to sources, the altercation is what sparked their most recent break-up. However, Zayn has maintained his innocence. He tells TMZ, "I adamantly deny striking Yolanda Hadid, and for the sake of my daughter I decline to give any further details. I hope that Yolanda will reconsider her false allegations and move towards healing these family issues in private."
Still, Zayn pled no-contest to four charges of harassment against Yolanda and Gigi. Although the couple is no longer an item they are both dedicated to creating a healthy co-parenting environment. A rep for Gigi tells ET, "She is solely focused on the best for Khai [her daughter]. She asks for privacy at this time."
Yeah, if he did what they claim he did, being in a relationship would definitely be a hard no for me!
Jennifer Lopez and Alex Rodriguez
Steve Granitz/WireImage via Getty Images
Jennifer Lopez and Alex Rodriguez started dating five years ago and became engaged in 2019. Fans were very excited about their engagement and it was nice to see J.Lo happy. However, it didn't take long for things to get a bit messy. There were rumors that Alex had been a little too flirty with a Bravo reality star and that the Hustlers star was flicking it up without her ring. Not to mention, the wedding got postponed, though they attributed that to the pandemic. Still, they maintained that they were together for quite a while but eventually released a statement admitting the split. It read, "We have realized we are better as friends and look forward to remaining so. We will continue to work together and support each other on our shared businesses and projects."
It was kinda sad to hear this. But one thing about Jenny from the Block is, she's gonna have admirers. And as we know, she ended up in a rekindled romance with former flame Ben Affleck!
La La and Carmelo Anthony
Paul Zimmerman/Getty Images for DuJour
La La Anthony has been outside, and I'm here for it! She's involved in so many television shows and has been killing the 'Gram. But, it's been quite a journey. In 2017, the media personality and actress separated from her former husband, NBA star Carmelo Anthony when he was accused of cheating and getting another woman pregnant. The couple was rumored to have gotten back together since that time. However, things became final when La La filed for divorce in June of this year.
Although the two have remained friends, it seems as if she is happy with her decision. She says, "When you've been with somebody for so long and we started as best friends, I love that we still have that friendship. We're raising a kid together. It's no drama with us, it's no beef. I talk to him as I talk to my close friend and we still have that."
Miguel and Nazanin Mandi
Jon Kopaloff/WireImage via Getty Images
The news about Miguel and Nazanin Mandi's split dropped pretty recently but it still had to make the annual list! The couple had been together for 17 years and married for three years before they decided to call it quits, and maybe that's why this one stung so much. That is a lot of time for something to end so suddenly.
However, the couple has always been pretty private, and it's pretty likely that just like we didn't know about the highs, we didn't know about lows. Still, shoutout to Nazanin Mandi because if sis is the inspiration behind some of those beautiful Miguel tracks, we're forever grateful.
Victor Cruz and Karrueche Tran
Cassidy Sparrow/Getty Images for MAXIM
Want an example of an amicable breakup? Take a look at Victor Cruz and Karrueche Tran. The couple started dating in December of 2017 and seemed very unproblematic and happy. However, as happens sometimes, it looks like over time they simply grew apart. Between a pandemic and working on different coasts, that is completely understandable. A lot of effort and intention is needed to make a relationship like this work. And it looks like these two decided it would be better to just end things peacefully.
A source told E News, "Right now, they are focused on continuing to grow their successful careers. There are no hard feelings. This is just a case of two people moving forward in life separately."
Featured image by Steve Granitz/WireImage via Getty Images
Kirby Carroll grew up in VA but now calls Atlanta, GA home. She has a passion for creating content and helping brands grow through storytelling and public relations. When not immersed in work, you can find her sipping a mimosa at brunch or bingeing a new TV drama on Netflix. Keep up with her on social media at @askKirbyCarroll.
This article is in partnership with Sensodyne.
Our teeth are connected to so many things - our nutrition, our confidence, and our overall mood. We often take for granted how important healthy teeth are, until issues like tooth sensitivity or gum recession come to remind us. Like most things related to our bodies, prevention is the best medicine. Here are five things you can do immediately to improve your oral hygiene, prevent tooth sensitivity, and avoid dental issues down the road.
1) Go Easy On the Rough Brushing: Brushing your teeth is and always will be priority number one in the oral hygiene department. No surprises there! However, there is such a thing as applying too much pressure when brushing…and that can lead to problems over time. Use a toothbrush with soft bristles and brush in smooth, circular motions. It may seem counterintuitive, but a gentle approach to brushing is the most effective way to clean those pearly whites without wearing away enamel and exposing sensitive areas of the teeth.
2) Use A Desensitizing Toothpaste: As everyone knows, mouth pain can be highly uncomfortable; but tooth sensitivity is a whole different beast. Hot weather favorites like ice cream and popsicles have the ability to trigger tooth sensitivity, which might make you want to stay away from icy foods altogether. But as always, prevention is the best medicine here. Switching to a toothpaste like Sensodyne’s Sensitivity & Gum toothpaste specifically designed for sensitive teeth will help build a protective layer over sensitive areas of the tooth. Over time, those sharp sensations that occur with extremely cold foods will subside, and you’ll be back to treating yourself to your icy faves like this one!
3) Floss, Rinse, Brush. (And In That Order!): Have you ever heard the saying, “It’s not what you do, but how you do it”? Well, the same thing applies to taking care of your teeth. Even if you are flossing and brushing religiously, you could be missing out on some of the benefits simply because you aren’t doing so in the right order. Flossing is best to do before brushing because it removes food particles and plaque from places your toothbrush can’t reach. After a proper flossing sesh, it is important to rinse out your mouth with water after. Finally, you can whip out your toothbrush and get to brushing. Though many of us commonly rinse with water after brushing to remove excess toothpaste, it may not be the best thing for our teeth. That’s because fluoride, the active ingredient in toothpaste that protects your enamel, works best when it gets to sit on the teeth and continue working its magic. Rinsing with water after brushing doesn’t let the toothpaste go to work like it really can. Changing up your order may take some getting used to, but over time, you’ll see the difference.
4) Stay Hydrated: Upping your water supply is a no-fail way to level up your health overall, and your teeth are no exception to this rule. Drinking water not only helps maintain a healthy pH balance in your mouth, but it also washes away residue and acids that can cause enamel erosion. It also helps you steer clear of dry mouth, which is a gateway to bad breath. And who needs that?
5) Show Your Gums Some Love: When it comes to improving your smile, you may be laser-focused on getting your teeth whiter, straighter, and overall healthier. Rightfully so, as these are all attributes of a megawatt smile; but you certainly don’t want to leave gum health out of the equation. If you neglect your gums, you’ll start to notice the effects of plaque buildup, which can irritate the gums and cause gingivitis, the earliest stage of gum disease. Seeing blood while brushing and flossing is a tell-tale sign that your gums are suffering. You may also experience gum recession — a condition where the gum tissue surrounding your teeth pulls back, exposing more of your tooth. Brushing at least twice a day with a gum-protecting toothpaste like Sensodyne Sensitivity and Gum, coupled with regular dentist visits, will keep your gums shining as bright as those pearly whites.
An author by the name of Alexandra Katehakis once said this about orgasms: “Great spiritual teachers throughout the ages have stated that orgasm is the closest some people come to a spiritual experience because of the momentary loss of self. Why is this true? Because with spiritual sex, you move beyond orgasm into a connection with yourself, your partner, and the divine — recognizing them all as one.”
If it’s counterintuitive to what you’ve ever thought about orgasms, believe it or not, there are even pastors who have said that climaxing is the closest comprehension of heaven on this side of it: it is an extreme kind of bliss that is indescribable and is best experienced between two people who share a sacrificial kind of love for one another.
Although this might seem like a heavy way to intro this particular topic, because the O Method is an orgasm-achieving technique that centers around housing energy, embracing the mental practice of manifestation, and the attempt to achieve the best climaxes ever — it all works together pretty well if you ask me. If you want to take your orgasms to the next level, it’s important that you get out of yourself (to a certain extent), that you see the spiritual role that manifestation plays, and that you are open to trying new things. No doubt about it.
So, let’s learn more about what the O Method is all about and how it very well could be just what you’ve been looking for…even if you didn’t know it.
What Is the “O Method” All About?Giphy
Question: When’s the last time you’ve had an orgasm? Not just any orgasm — I mean a really mind-blowing one (I’ll give you a second to think about it). Now, what if you could manifest that experience to the point where it wasn’t a rare occurrence but something that happened almost every time that you and your partner had sex with each other? How absolutely awesome would that be?
That is pretty much what the O Method is all about — helping you achieve the kind of orgasms (and sexual pleasure, in general) that you desire through the practice of manifestation. And since your biggest sex organ is your brain, it would make perfect sense that even with all of the tips and techniques that you might learn to do as far as your body is concerned, honing in on what you think about is super imperative to sexual fulfillment, too. And that’s just where manifestation comes in.
What If You’ve Never “Manifested” Anything Before?Giphy
Before we get into a quick lesson on manifestation, I think it’s important to mention two things. One, for the cynics, there is a lot of truth in the fact that it’s got some solid spiritual basis to it because even the Good Book says that as a man thinketh in his heart, so is he (Proverbs 23:7). At the same time, that same Good Book tells us that faith without works is dead (James 2:14-26). So, while it is always a good idea to focus on good, positive, and productive thoughts, just thinking about them isn’t enough — at some point, you’ve also gotta get out here and DO something (bookmark that).
Okay, with that mini-sermon out of the way, whether it’s in the bedroom or not, manifestation is basically about focusing on something tangible that you desire, harnessing your energy in such a way that your words and actions are directed towards that longing until what you want, well, manifests. For the record, aside from this having a spiritual backing to it, in many ways, science cosigns on manifesting, too. There is actually a scientific process known as neuroplasticity that consists of reframing your mind so that your actions ultimately end up aligning with your goals — and that is another way to look at manifestation.
So, what if you’re someone who has never set out to do a manifestation practice before? No worries. Something that’s awesome about it is there are several different approaches that you can take.
Some people manifest what they want in their lives via:
- Visualization/Creating vision boards
- Writing down their desires before going to bed (so that they can “download” them into their dream state)
- Creating mantras and affirmations
- Applying the 369 Manifestation Method (you can learn more about that here)
- Learning more about what you want to manifest (which brings forth clarity)
This is important to keep in mind because, when it comes to manifesting the types of orgasms that you want to have, as you can see, you can try different manifestation methods until you find one (or ones) that you are truly comfortable with. One that can ease you into the entire process rather smoothly is something known as sex journaling.
How Sex Journaling Can Actually Help You to Have an OrgasmGiphy
As a writer, I’m a big fan of journaling. Mostly because it’s a way to get out some of your deepest thoughts and feelings so that you’re able to really process what is happening inside of you in a private setting. And when it comes to sex journaling, specifically, it’s all about centering yourself on the things sexually that you want to “unpack,” get clarity on or come to some revelations about. For instance, if there’s only been one partner from your past who’s been able to help you achieve the type of orgasms that you wish to manifest, journaling about what makes him different from the other guys can provide you with some solid ah-ha moments.
Or if you need help getting as specific as possible about the sexual experiences that you’re after, journaling can help to make that happen for you — because one thing that manifesting reminds us all to do is be as specific as possible.
Yeah, simply saying, “I want to have better sex” isn’t detailed enough when you want to get your energy to match with your desires — instead, describe how all of your senses should feel in the experience, along with why, that can get you so much closer to achieving your goal. Once those things are documented, you can segue into creating mantras and/or meditation that are based on them. Yeah, sex journaling really is an underrated superpower on a lot of levels (check out “The Art Of Sex Journaling (And Why You Should Do It)”).
5 Tips for Making the O Method Work for YouGiphy
Now that you know more about what the O Method is and how manifestation plays a direct role in its process, let’s talk about five ways to make the O Method truly effective in your own (sex) life.
1. Focus, FULLY, on your feminine energy. What do rose quartz, amethyst, moonstone (which is a Gemini birthstone as well; yes, I’m a Gemini), selenite, and rhodonite all have in common? They’re crystals that help you to go deeper into your divine feminine energy. Traits that are associated with this include compassion, creativity, kindness, gentleness, and sensuality (feminine energy is also accepting and forgiving). If you were to study energy from a biological standpoint, it’s about producing change, responding to stimuli, and having the ability to do what needs to be done (work). So, when it comes to manifesting the kind of orgasms or sexual experiences that you want, using things like your creativity and gentleness in your thoughts and actions can play a role in bringing balance to your partner’s masculinity, which can create a profound sense of pleasure — after all, opposites do attract.
2. Don’t hold back on what it is that you desire. Whenever I interview sex therapists, something that they all say is, a huge mistake that people make as far as sexual satisfaction is concerned is, they have walls up — not just with their partners but even within themselves. Sometimes, there is intimidation, fear, or even shame around what they really want to happen during sex to the point where they aren’t able to channel their energy fully in those directions in order to manifest what they want. For the O Method to work, you can’t let those types of negative emotions hinder you; the more you are able to articulate what you want and how you want it, the better chance you have of making it happen. So yes, get graphic. As graphic as possible.
3. Make manifestation a daily practice. Repetition is important when it comes to manifestation. That’s because the more you declare what you desire (a mantra), get still and think on it (meditation), or look at the “art” that you’ve created surrounding it (visualization), the quicker it becomes a part of you. So yes, make manifestation a daily practice. For instance, if one of your mantras is, “I am going to have intensely passionate orgasms, one right after the other,” don’t just state that 15 minutes before sex is going to happen. Wake up and declare it. Then say it on your lunch break. And again before turning in. The more your thoughts are “streamlined” in this way, the easier it will be for your body to follow suit.
4. Share this practice with your partner. If you were to do even more research on the O Method, one thing that most of the articles will mention is it’s a practice that you can do alone or with your partner. Indeed. However, I just want to make sure that you get into your psyche that great sex is, in part, about good communication. And so, the more comfortable you are sharing with your partner what you are doing as far as the O Method is concerned and what you ultimately want to happen as a result of the practice, the easier it will be for him to “match your energy” — both in and out of the bedroom. And when your partner is on the same page as you? That definitely increases the chances of attaining your sexual desires — exponentially so.
5. Stay in the moment. While I was reading one article on manifestation, I really appreciated something that the author said: manifestation isn’t some supernatural power. In other words, while it can be beneficial, it’s not like you can just think of something, and it instantly appears out of nowhere. Manifesting is a discipline, and it must be accompanied by action, consistency, and patience — this means that you must also practice mindfulness. Meaning, now that you know better what you’re looking to achieve as far as sex is concerned, every time that it transpires, maintain a level of positive energy, remember what your end goal is, and then determine in your mind to enjoy the moments as they come. Remember, manifestation isn’t to add stress…it’s to cultivate clarity.
At the end of the day, the O Method is simply a way of reminding you that your mind plays a huge role in your sexual pleasure, and when you channel it and your energy exactly where you want them both to go, you’ll be amazed what your body is capable of doing…and accomplishing.
So, what kind of orgasm are you wanting to achieve? You’ve got a tool to get you there. USE IT.
Let’s make things inbox official! Sign up for the xoNecole newsletter for daily love, wellness, career, and exclusive content delivered straight to your inbox.
Featured image by Giphy