You don't have to have any degrees to be a business owner but you have to have a degree to work for one. Let that sink in for a minute.
I'm a third generation college student, so I am an avid believer in getting an education, but there was something about that quote that truly hit me in my spirit. After graduating from a four-year school and finding myself folding panties for $7 an hour, I just knew there had to be more to life than going to work and paying bills.
Gifts are called gifts for a reason, and there's no better time to use them than the present. When you use the term "side hustle", most people's minds automatically gravitate toward the idea of working for a rideshare or delivery service, but I challenge you to adopt a new mentality when you consider the art of getting your side hustle on. Instead of looking for a part-time job as a source of passive income, create one.
When sh*t hits the fan, nobody has your back like you do, so do yourself a favor and secure a supplemental bag by starting your own business in an untapped market. Get ready to say goodbye to your days as an Uber driver by adopting one of the ten lucrative side hustles listed below:
Start A Drop Shipping Company
Before you say, "Well I don't have any money to start my own business," peep the power of drop shipping, sis. This option allows you to start your own e-commerce company with very little investment capital.
While you may struggle initially with low margins and shipping errors, a drop shipping business allows you to earn a passive income by setting up an online business and selling products to consumers through a third-party manufacturer. Companies like Shopify make this process easy and with the right business strategy, very effective.
Affiliate Marketing 101
If you have a blog or website that generates a substantial amount of traffic, affiliate marketing can be the side hustle you didn't know you needed.
This marketing method will allow you to generate a passive income simply by plugging a product on your media outlet. With affiliate marketing, every time a customer buys that product by using the link on your site, you'll receive a small portion of that sale.
Sell Art On Etsy
While arts/crafts can be one of the most difficult side hustles, it can also be one of the most fulfilling. Customers like me are always looking for one-of-a-kind black art to purchase, so why shouldn't it be yours?
Etsy is perfect for the eclectic creative who isn't quite ready to quit their 9-to-5 just yet but may be looking to grow their online brand in the meantime.
Produce An E-Book
Monetize your knowledge by writing an e-book or teaching an online course on a site like Skillshare. The best part about your gift is, no one can do it quite like you. Share your knowledge and grow your online presence by compiling what you know into an easily comprehensible informational guide.
Social Media Management
If you can schedule posts, create content, and analyze insights, you can jumpstart your social media-centric side hustle ASAP. Companies like Freelancer and Upwork often post opportunities with small businesses in your area that could seriously use your expertise.
Help Job-Seekers Write Their Resumes
Anyone who's ever had to write a resume knows that it's no easy task, but you've never been one to take the easy route, have you? Do a good deed for the day and earn some extra cash on the side by lending your imagination to some potential job-seekers. Sites like LinkedIn and Fivver are full of potential clients that are ready for you to make all of their career-related dreams come true.
Become A Virtual Thrift Store
It's a fact that most of the stuff you have in your closet, you don't need, but luckily, your next trip to the thrift store is an amazing opportunity to launch an online business.
As we all know, shops like Goodwill and Buffalo Exchange have plenty of uncovered gems. Develop a full-scale business around selling used books, clothes, and decor by creating your own marketplace on social media or Amazon and with sites like Depop, Poshmark, or even Etsy.
Try Being A Personal Chef
Put some of grandma's most classic recipes to the test by becoming a personal chef. Helping others meal plan or even launching your own catering service can serve as a pretty excellent use of the flick of your wrist. Cooking for your cousin's baby shower may seem like a small gig now, but it could be the first step in a life-long career in the culinary industry.
Sit Your Way Into Securing A Bag
Dogs, houses, and kids can be a girl's best friend when it comes to earning passive income. Sites like Care.com and apps like Rover offer a number of care-taking opportunities at pretty fair rates. While these jobs don't require a degree, more lucrative gigs can become available with certain licenses and certifications.
Teach A Language
Who knew that your 3rd grade Spanish class could offer you the opportunity to become your own boss? There are people all over the world looking for language tutors, and sharing your bilinguality on sites like Upwork and Freelancer could potentially earn you a few coins.
Featured image by Getty Images.
Want more stories like this? Sign up for our newsletter here and check out the related reads below:
- Melissa Carnegie Is Proof That You Don't Have To Quit Your 9-To-5 To Build An Empire - xoNecole: Women's Interest, Love, Wellness, Beauty ›
- The most lucrative side hustles ›
- 5 Side Hustles You Can Do at Home ›
- 23 Side Hustles You Can Do Along With Your Job ›
- Epic List of Side Hustle Ideas - Believe In A Budget ›
- My $1 Million Side Hustles (+ Best Ideas) | Millennial Money ›
- 10 Best Side Hustles and Ideas to Make Money | Student Loan Hero ›
- 10 Best Side Hustle Ideas to Make an Extra $1000 a Month - Oberlo ›
- 15 Best Side Hustles You Can Start Earning With Now ›
- 99 Side Hustle Business Ideas You Can Start Today - Side Hustle ... ›
- 50 Ideas for a Lucrative Side Hustle ›
Taylor "Pretty" Honore is a spiritually centered and equally provocative rapper from Baton Rouge, Louisiana with a love for people and storytelling. You can probably find me planting herbs in your local community garden, blasting "Back That Thang Up" from my mini speaker. Let's get to know each other: @prettyhonore.
This article is in partnership with Sensodyne.
Our teeth are connected to so many things - our nutrition, our confidence, and our overall mood. We often take for granted how important healthy teeth are, until issues like tooth sensitivity or gum recession come to remind us. Like most things related to our bodies, prevention is the best medicine. Here are five things you can do immediately to improve your oral hygiene, prevent tooth sensitivity, and avoid dental issues down the road.
1) Go Easy On the Rough Brushing: Brushing your teeth is and always will be priority number one in the oral hygiene department. No surprises there! However, there is such a thing as applying too much pressure when brushing…and that can lead to problems over time. Use a toothbrush with soft bristles and brush in smooth, circular motions. It may seem counterintuitive, but a gentle approach to brushing is the most effective way to clean those pearly whites without wearing away enamel and exposing sensitive areas of the teeth.
2) Use A Desensitizing Toothpaste: As everyone knows, mouth pain can be highly uncomfortable; but tooth sensitivity is a whole different beast. Hot weather favorites like ice cream and popsicles have the ability to trigger tooth sensitivity, which might make you want to stay away from icy foods altogether. But as always, prevention is the best medicine here. Switching to a toothpaste like Sensodyne’s Sensitivity & Gum toothpaste specifically designed for sensitive teeth will help build a protective layer over sensitive areas of the tooth. Over time, those sharp sensations that occur with extremely cold foods will subside, and you’ll be back to treating yourself to your icy faves like this one!
3) Floss, Rinse, Brush. (And In That Order!): Have you ever heard the saying, “It’s not what you do, but how you do it”? Well, the same thing applies to taking care of your teeth. Even if you are flossing and brushing religiously, you could be missing out on some of the benefits simply because you aren’t doing so in the right order. Flossing is best to do before brushing because it removes food particles and plaque from places your toothbrush can’t reach. After a proper flossing sesh, it is important to rinse out your mouth with water after. Finally, you can whip out your toothbrush and get to brushing. Though many of us commonly rinse with water after brushing to remove excess toothpaste, it may not be the best thing for our teeth. That’s because fluoride, the active ingredient in toothpaste that protects your enamel, works best when it gets to sit on the teeth and continue working its magic. Rinsing with water after brushing doesn’t let the toothpaste go to work like it really can. Changing up your order may take some getting used to, but over time, you’ll see the difference.
4) Stay Hydrated: Upping your water supply is a no-fail way to level up your health overall, and your teeth are no exception to this rule. Drinking water not only helps maintain a healthy pH balance in your mouth, but it also washes away residue and acids that can cause enamel erosion. It also helps you steer clear of dry mouth, which is a gateway to bad breath. And who needs that?
5) Show Your Gums Some Love: When it comes to improving your smile, you may be laser-focused on getting your teeth whiter, straighter, and overall healthier. Rightfully so, as these are all attributes of a megawatt smile; but you certainly don’t want to leave gum health out of the equation. If you neglect your gums, you’ll start to notice the effects of plaque buildup, which can irritate the gums and cause gingivitis, the earliest stage of gum disease. Seeing blood while brushing and flossing is a tell-tale sign that your gums are suffering. You may also experience gum recession — a condition where the gum tissue surrounding your teeth pulls back, exposing more of your tooth. Brushing at least twice a day with a gum-protecting toothpaste like Sensodyne Sensitivity and Gum, coupled with regular dentist visits, will keep your gums shining as bright as those pearly whites.
The Libra woman and Aries man are the divine feminine and divine masculine, coming together as one. The love compatibility between these two is one for the books. These two are opposite signs, however, their differences tend to complement each other well. This is a dynamic relationship where they know how to have a lot of fun together, but also aren’t afraid to deal with the more serious stuff that comes with a relationship.
The Libra woman is looking for her equal in love, someone who is willing to put in the same effort she is, and the Aries man sees Libra as someone he is willing to do that with.
The Love Compatibility Of A Libra Woman And An Aries Man
What attracts a Libra woman and an Aries man to each other?
There is a magnet of attraction pulling these two together, and things tend to move pretty fast in this relationship. The Libra woman is always open to love and her charming nature rarely has any challenges here. The Aries man fights for his independence and doesn’t sacrifice that unless he is completely enamored with someone.
Once the Aries man catches the eye of the Libra woman, he is typically the one to make the first move and this instantly wins the approval of Libra.
These two feel like they have known each other forever when they meet, and this spark between them doesn’t die down easily.
Hero Images Inc/Getty Images
What is the relationship like between a Libra woman and an Aries man?
The relationship between the Libra woman and the Aries man is one of balance and excitement. The Aries man tends to take on the more dominant role in this relationship and the Libra woman tends to be the more receptive one. Aries is ruled by masculine Mars, and Libra is ruled by feminine Venus. They understand they are coming from two completely different worlds, yet they also instinctively feel this underlying connection to each other and like they could be something each other needs in their lives.
The Libra woman can rely on the Aries man, and the Aries man never has to ask for the love that Libra already knows he needs.
This is a couple that is often reading each other’s minds and wanting to do a lot of the same things. However, not everything is rainbow in this relationship as well, and there are some major differences they have to overcome to make things work. One argument can lead to an explosion between these two, and addressing things when they come up rather than sweeping them under the rug, will be needed to make this relationship long-term.
What is the sex like between a Libra woman and an Aries man?
The sex between a Libra woman and an Aries man is adventurous. These are two cardinal signs with plenty of energy and stamina to keep things exciting in the bedroom. There tends to be a good give and take in this relationship, and their yin and yang energy benefits them when it comes to their sex life.
There is electricity felt between the two of them in this area of their life, and their power of attraction to each other is strong. These are two people who will want to do a lot of things together, including exploring sexually together.
The Aries man will have to be careful with being overly aggressive, however, as the soft Libra woman may not like this energy- it will completely depend on the two individuals at hand. The Libra woman wants to ease into things, the Aries man wants to get going right away. Learning about each other's bodies, and energy, and reading each other’s cues will help with this.
Petri Oeschger/Getty Images
What makes a relationship between a Libra woman and an Aries man work?
These two genuinely like each other, and that basis is a key factor for success in any relationship. The Aries man is straight to the point, direct, and inspired. The Libra woman admires these characteristics in others, as she is often herself finding her balance in this type of energy as well. Neither sign is overly emotional in a way that turns them off, and they both require a lot of the same things in a committed relationship. They want honesty, fun, good communication, passion, and to be moving towards a common goal together.
The Libra woman and Aries man don’t have a problem being real with each other and this is something they really value within the relationship. They are both very charming, and there is plenty of flirtation and attraction to keep this relationship going. Aries being the protector they are, Libra finds a sense of safety and ease in this energy, and like they have found their match. Overall, this is a well-balanced relationship and one where they don’t have a problem when it comes to compatibility or chemistry in the relationship.
What may cause a Libra woman and an Aries man to break up?
Libra is the lover, Aries is the fighter, and this energy may be tiring for the both of them after time. The Libra woman can be passive to a fault, and the Aries man who is not evolved, may take advantage of that. She will need to be careful with putting Aries’ needs above her own, creating resentment later down the road. The Aries man loves a challenge, and the Libra woman would be up for that game for a little bit, but if she is not being met in the middle, she will begin to look for other places. These two can have a difficult time keeping the peace in the relationship, and there could be a lot of arguments and disagreements here if they both aren’t willing to put their egos or self-pleasing attitudes to the side.
The Libra woman and Aries man are both more sensitive than they appear or come off as. They are also not necessarily the type to dive deep into their emotions and express them to others, even in their relationships. However, this energy can keep the relationship to a surface level than what is needed to progress and grow the relationship, and a sense of openness is required for this couple to work. Libra needs romance, she wants to be wowed. Aries needs to remember this and to always consider her love language.
Overall, this is a successful pairing. They will have their fair share of challenges in the relationship, but nothing they can’t overcome if they are willing to. The trouble will come in when it comes to the longevity of the relationship, keeping Aries excited and Libra in love. However, all in all, there is more power, attraction, and love to keep this relationship together rather than apart. No relationship is perfect, but this one is a little more blessed than most.
Let’s make things inbox official! Sign up for the xoNecole newsletter for daily love, wellness, career, and exclusive content delivered straight to your inbox.
Featured image by Weekend Images Inc./Getty Images