The month of love is here, and the universe is throwing in some exciting surprises in February. February is a time of forward movement, progress, and following your soul's purpose. Moving through Aquarius Season this month, the collective is more connected than ever -- and inspiration is flowing through the world. The month begins with a New Moon in Aquarius on February 1 and this is a powerful New Moon for setting intentions. Aquarius rules the house of hope and dreams, good fortune, and friendships, and it’s about believing in your dreams and the support you can receive on the way to reaching them. With Mercury going direct after being Retrograde since January 14, there are fewer roadblocks and more developments taking place now and anything is possible.
Mercury moves into Aquarius on Valentine’s Day this year, and sometimes friendships, your community, and social media memes are all you need for a magical day. The energy of the day is that of progress, excitement, and authenticity, and it’s about saying YES to new opportunities. On February 16, the Full Snow Moon of the year arrives and is occurring in the fiery sign of Leo. This is a passionate, creative, and powerful Full Moon and we are being called to step up and lead. February is a month of aligning with your soul purpose and intentions and this Full Moon highlights their development of them.
On February 22, 2022, the United States’ infamous first-ever Pluto Return occurs, and you can expect some major transformations taking place in the world during this time. Pluto is currently moving through Capricorn, breaking down outdated and unstable systems of the world, and building new and more empowered ones, and these are generational changes that are taking place at this time. Pluto is the planet of death and rebirth, the wheels of karma are turning. By the end of the month, Pisces Season begins on February 18, and spiritual renewal is taking place.
AriesAriesKyra Jay for xoNecole
February is a month of transformation for you, Aries. This is the month to flow with change rather than fight it, and to see the gifts of a new day. There is a New Moon at the beginning of the month in your house of friendships and good fortune, and you are entering February with your soul tribe by your side. This New Moon is a good time to set your intentions for the year, and also to think about what new experiences you want to see within your community, friendships, network, and soul purpose.
The energy of the month is turning thoughts into manifestations, and there are fewer roadblocks on the way to your goals with Mercury officially moving out of retrograde and going direct on February 3. The clarity is coming in, and you are tapping into your power of healing, creation, and transformation. With a Full Moon in fellow fire sign before the month ends on the 16th, you are seeking some closure in regards to romantic matters and pleasure pursuits, and are redefining what happiness means to you. February is your month to decide for yourself where you go from here, Aries.
TaurusTaurusKyra Jay for xoNecole
February is a month of love, and this energy flows well with your Venusian soul, Taurus. February is all about dancing with life, changing things up, and letting your spirit feel the passion and possibilities of life. With your ruling planet Venus officially direct after being retrograde since December 2021, you are feeling more freedom and emotional ease when it comes to your relationships and resonance with them. You are seeking your new beginnings this month and with a New Moon in your house of career, reputation, and goals. Success is yours to claim right now.
If you’ve been feeling any stagnation or stuck in the usual routine, February is the month to break out of this and do something to change the energy. Let your attachments to outcomes go, and faith come in. You are ready for something new this month, Taurus. The Full Moon on the 16th is a time to unwind, connect with family and close loved ones, and nurture your inner world. Time in your safe spaces is calling as the month ends, and there is a sense of contentment, groundedness, and success with you in February.
GeminiGeminiKyra Jay for xoNecole
February is a month of contemplation, insight, and answering the callings of your soul, Gemini. With your ruling planet Mercury going direct this month on February 3 after being retrograde since January 14, the fog is lifting, and insights abound. There are a lot of opportunities for connection, collaboration, and communication this month and you are exploring your options right now. The New Moon in Aquarius on the 1st is occurring in your house of adventure, travel, spirituality, and the higher mind, and this is a good time to set some intentions for future vacays and spiritual journeys.
With fewer communication mishaps happening this month, you get some real opportunities to see with an open perspective and to make decisions on things that have felt up in the air for you until now. Moving through air sign energy until the 18th flows well with your soul, and you are moving through February in synergy. You are connecting to your soul purpose, life intentions, and how to make them happen this month. The Full Moon on the 16th is transiting your house of communication, and you are receiving some important messages, phone calls, and insights before the month-end.
CancerCancerKyra Jay for xoNecole
This month is a time of rebirth, release, and empowerment for you, Cancer. February is a month of releasing what no longer serves you, and being around healthy and supportive environments. There is a New Moon in your house of transformation on the first day of the month, and you are ready to dive deep into what has been serving you and your emotional world, and what has been weighing you down. You are releasing some old ties and bonds this month and renewing your spirit. February is your time of letting go and moving forward with your empowerment.
Although this is only the second month of 2022, you have already been through a few different major cycles this year. You have been gaining a deeper understanding of the depths of your being, and going through a spiritual awakening this year. There is a Full Moon in Leo on the 16th, and this Full Moon is going to be highlighting your value systems and how you’ve been implementing them in your relationships, commitments, and time. This Full Moon is a time of clarity when it comes to your foundations and sense of security. Self-love affirmations are medicine this month, Cancer.
LeoLeoKyra Jay for xoNecole
February is a month of change, setting your intentions, and moving into new environments, Leo. Breakthroughs are occurring for you this month and with a New Moon in your opposite sign on the 1st; your emotional world, relationships, and sense of balance are where you are looking to see these new beginnings take place. There is a strong focus on love for you this month, Leo and it’s about breaking down outdated perspectives and beliefs in love and nurturing new ones that support your self-worth, love, and identity.
When you can honor the cycles of change, accept that everything needs its time for transformation, and move with your faith, you can obtain your victories this month, Leo. One of the most important Full Moons of 2022 for you is happening on February 16th, and it’s occurring in your sign. This Full Moon is the Full Snow Moon of the year and is a time of deep personal revelations and insight for you. With a Full Moon transiting your 1st house of self at the end of the month, you are leaving the doubts and concerns of the past behind, and moving forward with your courage, Leo.
VirgoVirgoKyra Jay for xoNecole
You are moving forward with inspiration and passion this month, Virgo. February is a month of creativity, spirituality, and connecting with your dreams in life. There is a New Moon in your 6th house of daily routines on the 1st of the month, and you are entering the month getting things in order like the Virgo you are. With your ruling planet Mercury going direct on February 3rd after being retrograde since January 14, you are ready to move forward with the clarity you have found in regards to what feels best for you in life and your self-expression.
February is the month to birth your dreams and to focus on what you want to create and express to the world. You are aligned with your soul purpose, and seeing some important intentions through this month, Virgo. Show up for yourself by being your biggest cheerleader and advocate right now, and have your back on your ideas and intentions. At the end of the month, there is a Full Moon in your house of closures, culmination, and healing, and you are closing one chapter and dreaming a new one into being. Trust that you are on the right path, Virgo.
LibraLibraKyra Jay for xoNecole
Life is unfolding for you in new ways this month, Libra. Magic is in the air, and your inner source of love is shining. February is a journey and it’s one of untangling any confusion of what has been and finding understanding. With your ruling planet Venus officially direct, love is working for you right now. There is a New Moon in fellow air sign Aquarius as the month begins, and you are seeing new opportunities and experiences unfold for you in love, romance, and happiness. Flow with your joy, and don’t fight it, Libra.
Moving into February, you are expressing more of what has been going on within and experiencing new connections and developments within your relationships and friendships in life because of this. There is a sense of vulnerability with you this month, Libra, and you are letting go of anything that’s been holding you back from fully living in your freedom and self-expression. The Full Moon in Leo on the 16th is your time of connecting with those that inspire, honoring your soul purpose in life, and seeing some dreams and manifestations come full circle. Shine your light, Libra.
ScorpioScorpioKyra Jay for xoNecole
February is about trusting the divine timing of life, Scorpio. You are already there, it’s about believing in who you are and what you can do right now. As the month begins there is a New Moon on the 1st occurring in your house of home and family, and you are seeing new beginnings within your foundations and safe spaces are being renewed during this time. February is about following your inner compass and not overthinking things. Connect with your higher self, live out your purpose, and pave your path, Scorpio.
With Venus officially direct and moving through your house of communication this month, February is a time of soul expression and letting your voice be heard. Allow your ideas, thoughts, and perspectives to be spoken this month, and trust your power in doing so. You are being called to speak up and show up this month. The Full Moon on February 16 is moving through your house of career, and you are seeing past hard work, efforts, and intentions coming full circle right now. The spotlight is on you at the end of the month, what do you want the world to see, Scorpio?
SagittariusSagittariusKyra Jay for xoNecole
February is an enlightening month for you, Sagittarius. You are rising above and seeking your new beginnings right now. With a New Moon in your house of communication and the mind at the beginning of the month, you are moving through communication breakthroughs, and questions are being answered that change a lot for you moving forward. The insights you are gaining as you enter February are significant for you. Set your intentions for connection, expansion, and clarity, and communicate from the heart.
This month is a time of development and spiritual awakening, and you are reaching new heights in February, Sagittarius. Energy is everything, and you understand this and are making sure your vibe is right before anything else. There is a Full Moon in fellow fire sign Leo towards the end of the month, and you are seeing the culmination of some journeys and developments you have been through this month. This Full Moon is giving you a new perspective and reminding you of the gifts of your unique mind. It’s about releasing your hold on what was, nourishing what is, and getting excited about what’s to be.
CapricornCapricornKyra Jay for xoNecole
2022 has been an active year for you so far with two retrogrades (Venus and Mercury) moving through your sign. The gifts of February are that Venus is officially direct, Mercury goes direct on February 3rd, and there is less pressure to have it all together or to be someone or something to others that you no longer relate to. February is about aligning with who you are, what you want, and what you see for your future, and creating boundaries where necessary. Everything hasn’t always been the easiest for you this year, but that doesn’t mean that things aren’t changing for you.
There is a Full Moon in your house of transformation on February 16, and what’s been hidden is coming to light for you at this time. Your emotional world is highlighted, and you are getting the full picture right now. Align mind, body, and soul. There has been a lot to process, and you are rising from what’s been and reclaiming your power. With Venus direct in your sign for the entire month love and support will be there for you, Capricorn, allow it in.
AquariusAquariusKyra Jay for xoNecole
You are moving into new territory this month, Aquarius. February is about taking things one day at a time and honoring your new beginnings. With a New Moon in your sign on February 1, these new chapters of life are coming quickly, and they are positively serving your progress. Mercury retrograde moved into your sign at the end of January and goes direct on February 3 after being retrograde for a few weeks, and fewer misunderstandings having to do with yourself and how others are perceiving you are possible now.
Balance is key in February as you move through your intentions in life, and those having to do with the relationships in your life as well. With a Full Moon moving through your house towards the end of the month, romance is highlighted for you and you are moving beyond what has been here. Relationship/partnership matters come full circle and you are seeing some endings, closures, and clarity happening now that leads you to new experiences in love. Trust the process and don’t be afraid to take risks this month, Aquarius. You are crossing the threshold from what’s been into what’s to be.
PiscesPiscesKyra Jay for xoNecole
February is a month of reflection, balance, and self-expression, Pisces. You are balancing the need for rest and nourishment, with your need to move forward with your new ideas and intentions this month. This is the time to come out of your cave a little bit more, and express what’s been needing to be said. When you can allow yourself to fully be and express who you are, you can meet more like-minded individuals who love what you have to say. The New Moon this month is moving through your house, and you are feeling renewed and focused on your healing and emotional well-being right now.
This month is reflecting the importance of feeling aligned and taking time out for yourself and your personal life. When it feels like there is too much to do and not enough time, check-in and remind yourself the biggest priority should be your peace of mind right now as well. You don’t have to get it all done at once, and the Full Moon later in the month happening in your house is giving you clarity on how to improve a system, daily routine, health habits, or working situation for you.
Featured image by Kyra Jay for xoNecole
Tayler Barakat is a Mystic who has studied Astrology for over a decade. She does intuitive astrology and tarot readings for people all over the world, and her work focuses on healing and empowering individuals. Follow her on Instagram @taylerbarakat_ and check out her website www.listentothevirgo.com.
This article is in partnership with Sensodyne.
Our teeth are connected to so many things - our nutrition, our confidence, and our overall mood. We often take for granted how important healthy teeth are, until issues like tooth sensitivity or gum recession come to remind us. Like most things related to our bodies, prevention is the best medicine. Here are five things you can do immediately to improve your oral hygiene, prevent tooth sensitivity, and avoid dental issues down the road.
1) Go Easy On the Rough Brushing: Brushing your teeth is and always will be priority number one in the oral hygiene department. No surprises there! However, there is such a thing as applying too much pressure when brushing…and that can lead to problems over time. Use a toothbrush with soft bristles and brush in smooth, circular motions. It may seem counterintuitive, but a gentle approach to brushing is the most effective way to clean those pearly whites without wearing away enamel and exposing sensitive areas of the teeth.
2) Use A Desensitizing Toothpaste: As everyone knows, mouth pain can be highly uncomfortable; but tooth sensitivity is a whole different beast. Hot weather favorites like ice cream and popsicles have the ability to trigger tooth sensitivity, which might make you want to stay away from icy foods altogether. But as always, prevention is the best medicine here. Switching to a toothpaste like Sensodyne’s Sensitivity & Gum toothpaste specifically designed for sensitive teeth will help build a protective layer over sensitive areas of the tooth. Over time, those sharp sensations that occur with extremely cold foods will subside, and you’ll be back to treating yourself to your icy faves like this one!
3) Floss, Rinse, Brush. (And In That Order!): Have you ever heard the saying, “It’s not what you do, but how you do it”? Well, the same thing applies to taking care of your teeth. Even if you are flossing and brushing religiously, you could be missing out on some of the benefits simply because you aren’t doing so in the right order. Flossing is best to do before brushing because it removes food particles and plaque from places your toothbrush can’t reach. After a proper flossing sesh, it is important to rinse out your mouth with water after. Finally, you can whip out your toothbrush and get to brushing. Though many of us commonly rinse with water after brushing to remove excess toothpaste, it may not be the best thing for our teeth. That’s because fluoride, the active ingredient in toothpaste that protects your enamel, works best when it gets to sit on the teeth and continue working its magic. Rinsing with water after brushing doesn’t let the toothpaste go to work like it really can. Changing up your order may take some getting used to, but over time, you’ll see the difference.
4) Stay Hydrated: Upping your water supply is a no-fail way to level up your health overall, and your teeth are no exception to this rule. Drinking water not only helps maintain a healthy pH balance in your mouth, but it also washes away residue and acids that can cause enamel erosion. It also helps you steer clear of dry mouth, which is a gateway to bad breath. And who needs that?
5) Show Your Gums Some Love: When it comes to improving your smile, you may be laser-focused on getting your teeth whiter, straighter, and overall healthier. Rightfully so, as these are all attributes of a megawatt smile; but you certainly don’t want to leave gum health out of the equation. If you neglect your gums, you’ll start to notice the effects of plaque buildup, which can irritate the gums and cause gingivitis, the earliest stage of gum disease. Seeing blood while brushing and flossing is a tell-tale sign that your gums are suffering. You may also experience gum recession — a condition where the gum tissue surrounding your teeth pulls back, exposing more of your tooth. Brushing at least twice a day with a gum-protecting toothpaste like Sensodyne Sensitivity and Gum, coupled with regular dentist visits, will keep your gums shining as bright as those pearly whites.
An author by the name of Alexandra Katehakis once said this about orgasms: “Great spiritual teachers throughout the ages have stated that orgasm is the closest some people come to a spiritual experience because of the momentary loss of self. Why is this true? Because with spiritual sex, you move beyond orgasm into a connection with yourself, your partner, and the divine — recognizing them all as one.”
If it’s counterintuitive to what you’ve ever thought about orgasms, believe it or not, there are even pastors who have said that climaxing is the closest comprehension of heaven on this side of it: it is an extreme kind of bliss that is indescribable and is best experienced between two people who share a sacrificial kind of love for one another.
Although this might seem like a heavy way to intro this particular topic, because the O Method is an orgasm-achieving technique that centers around housing energy, embracing the mental practice of manifestation, and the attempt to achieve the best climaxes ever — it all works together pretty well if you ask me. If you want to take your orgasms to the next level, it’s important that you get out of yourself (to a certain extent), that you see the spiritual role that manifestation plays, and that you are open to trying new things. No doubt about it.
So, let’s learn more about what the O Method is all about and how it very well could be just what you’ve been looking for…even if you didn’t know it.
What Is the “O Method” All About?Giphy
Question: When’s the last time you’ve had an orgasm? Not just any orgasm — I mean a really mind-blowing one (I’ll give you a second to think about it). Now, what if you could manifest that experience to the point where it wasn’t a rare occurrence but something that happened almost every time that you and your partner had sex with each other? How absolutely awesome would that be?
That is pretty much what the O Method is all about — helping you achieve the kind of orgasms (and sexual pleasure, in general) that you desire through the practice of manifestation. And since your biggest sex organ is your brain, it would make perfect sense that even with all of the tips and techniques that you might learn to do as far as your body is concerned, honing in on what you think about is super imperative to sexual fulfillment, too. And that’s just where manifestation comes in.
What If You’ve Never “Manifested” Anything Before?Giphy
Before we get into a quick lesson on manifestation, I think it’s important to mention two things. One, for the cynics, there is a lot of truth in the fact that it’s got some solid spiritual basis to it because even the Good Book says that as a man thinketh in his heart, so is he (Proverbs 23:7). At the same time, that same Good Book tells us that faith without works is dead (James 2:14-26). So, while it is always a good idea to focus on good, positive, and productive thoughts, just thinking about them isn’t enough — at some point, you’ve also gotta get out here and DO something (bookmark that).
Okay, with that mini-sermon out of the way, whether it’s in the bedroom or not, manifestation is basically about focusing on something tangible that you desire, harnessing your energy in such a way that your words and actions are directed towards that longing until what you want, well, manifests. For the record, aside from this having a spiritual backing to it, in many ways, science cosigns on manifesting, too. There is actually a scientific process known as neuroplasticity that consists of reframing your mind so that your actions ultimately end up aligning with your goals — and that is another way to look at manifestation.
So, what if you’re someone who has never set out to do a manifestation practice before? No worries. Something that’s awesome about it is there are several different approaches that you can take.
Some people manifest what they want in their lives via:
- Visualization/Creating vision boards
- Writing down their desires before going to bed (so that they can “download” them into their dream state)
- Creating mantras and affirmations
- Applying the 369 Manifestation Method (you can learn more about that here)
- Learning more about what you want to manifest (which brings forth clarity)
This is important to keep in mind because, when it comes to manifesting the types of orgasms that you want to have, as you can see, you can try different manifestation methods until you find one (or ones) that you are truly comfortable with. One that can ease you into the entire process rather smoothly is something known as sex journaling.
How Sex Journaling Can Actually Help You to Have an OrgasmGiphy
As a writer, I’m a big fan of journaling. Mostly because it’s a way to get out some of your deepest thoughts and feelings so that you’re able to really process what is happening inside of you in a private setting. And when it comes to sex journaling, specifically, it’s all about centering yourself on the things sexually that you want to “unpack,” get clarity on or come to some revelations about. For instance, if there’s only been one partner from your past who’s been able to help you achieve the type of orgasms that you wish to manifest, journaling about what makes him different from the other guys can provide you with some solid ah-ha moments.
Or if you need help getting as specific as possible about the sexual experiences that you’re after, journaling can help to make that happen for you — because one thing that manifesting reminds us all to do is be as specific as possible.
Yeah, simply saying, “I want to have better sex” isn’t detailed enough when you want to get your energy to match with your desires — instead, describe how all of your senses should feel in the experience, along with why, that can get you so much closer to achieving your goal. Once those things are documented, you can segue into creating mantras and/or meditation that are based on them. Yeah, sex journaling really is an underrated superpower on a lot of levels (check out “The Art Of Sex Journaling (And Why You Should Do It)”).
5 Tips for Making the O Method Work for YouGiphy
Now that you know more about what the O Method is and how manifestation plays a direct role in its process, let’s talk about five ways to make the O Method truly effective in your own (sex) life.
1. Focus, FULLY, on your feminine energy. What do rose quartz, amethyst, moonstone (which is a Gemini birthstone as well; yes, I’m a Gemini), selenite, and rhodonite all have in common? They’re crystals that help you to go deeper into your divine feminine energy. Traits that are associated with this include compassion, creativity, kindness, gentleness, and sensuality (feminine energy is also accepting and forgiving). If you were to study energy from a biological standpoint, it’s about producing change, responding to stimuli, and having the ability to do what needs to be done (work). So, when it comes to manifesting the kind of orgasms or sexual experiences that you want, using things like your creativity and gentleness in your thoughts and actions can play a role in bringing balance to your partner’s masculinity, which can create a profound sense of pleasure — after all, opposites do attract.
2. Don’t hold back on what it is that you desire. Whenever I interview sex therapists, something that they all say is, a huge mistake that people make as far as sexual satisfaction is concerned is, they have walls up — not just with their partners but even within themselves. Sometimes, there is intimidation, fear, or even shame around what they really want to happen during sex to the point where they aren’t able to channel their energy fully in those directions in order to manifest what they want. For the O Method to work, you can’t let those types of negative emotions hinder you; the more you are able to articulate what you want and how you want it, the better chance you have of making it happen. So yes, get graphic. As graphic as possible.
3. Make manifestation a daily practice. Repetition is important when it comes to manifestation. That’s because the more you declare what you desire (a mantra), get still and think on it (meditation), or look at the “art” that you’ve created surrounding it (visualization), the quicker it becomes a part of you. So yes, make manifestation a daily practice. For instance, if one of your mantras is, “I am going to have intensely passionate orgasms, one right after the other,” don’t just state that 15 minutes before sex is going to happen. Wake up and declare it. Then say it on your lunch break. And again before turning in. The more your thoughts are “streamlined” in this way, the easier it will be for your body to follow suit.
4. Share this practice with your partner. If you were to do even more research on the O Method, one thing that most of the articles will mention is it’s a practice that you can do alone or with your partner. Indeed. However, I just want to make sure that you get into your psyche that great sex is, in part, about good communication. And so, the more comfortable you are sharing with your partner what you are doing as far as the O Method is concerned and what you ultimately want to happen as a result of the practice, the easier it will be for him to “match your energy” — both in and out of the bedroom. And when your partner is on the same page as you? That definitely increases the chances of attaining your sexual desires — exponentially so.
5. Stay in the moment. While I was reading one article on manifestation, I really appreciated something that the author said: manifestation isn’t some supernatural power. In other words, while it can be beneficial, it’s not like you can just think of something, and it instantly appears out of nowhere. Manifesting is a discipline, and it must be accompanied by action, consistency, and patience — this means that you must also practice mindfulness. Meaning, now that you know better what you’re looking to achieve as far as sex is concerned, every time that it transpires, maintain a level of positive energy, remember what your end goal is, and then determine in your mind to enjoy the moments as they come. Remember, manifestation isn’t to add stress…it’s to cultivate clarity.
At the end of the day, the O Method is simply a way of reminding you that your mind plays a huge role in your sexual pleasure, and when you channel it and your energy exactly where you want them both to go, you’ll be amazed what your body is capable of doing…and accomplishing.
So, what kind of orgasm are you wanting to achieve? You’ve got a tool to get you there. USE IT.
Let’s make things inbox official! Sign up for the xoNecole newsletter for daily love, wellness, career, and exclusive content delivered straight to your inbox.
Featured image by Giphy