Valentine's Day Gifts For Bae That Will Instantly Make His Heart Melt
If your "BAE" has earned his title, then why not give him a prize that he will place before anything else? Exactly, we think you get our point.
Sis, Valentine's Day is just days away and it's time to pull out all the stops and get him a gift that will not only make his heart melt, but also make him sweat.
Have no idea of what to get Mr. Right? Then look no further. Since we don't want you to miss out on any of the romantic moments leading up to the big day, we curated the perfect list of gifts that will not only make your bae's heart skip a beat, but may also result in him throbbing with a thank you.
We know, you can thank us later!
No beer-drinking sports fanatic can resist the taste of beer fresh from the tap, but what if we told you that you can get him a gift that will bring that fizzy fresh pour home? Well, with the Fizzics' DraftPour you can. The portable beer tap dramatically improves the quality of any bottled and canned beer. Cheers!
Forget buying chocolates, why not bless your sweetie with McCrea's Candies? Handcrafted in small batches, these luxe caramels are the perfect gift for a man that likes to experiment with the sweeter things in life. There are fifteen flavors including Single Malt Scotch, a flavor rich and spiked with smoky Ardmore Scotch.
If you have a tastemaker that loves to entertain, then the easy-to-use Tastemaker Complete Cocktail Shaker Infuser Set may be the perfect gift. The kit includes everything you need to make homemade infused spirits, making it a luxe gift! With a 9 fl oz infuser with a built-in stainless steel mesh filter, perfectly shaped rounded ice ball molds, and 10 Exclusive Drink Recipes, your beau will be more than ecstatic to party the night away with you.
Your music connoisseur's heart may skip a beat when he uses these Oomo 3D 5.1 Surround Sound HiFi Earbuds, but best believe, these earphones will never miss a beat. Perfect for music, movies, gaming, and travel, these earphones offer 3D Virtual 5.1 Surround Sound, allowing your bae to hear crystal clear bass without unwanted feedback. It sounds like a perfect gift to us!
For Your Flavor Savor Chef: Spice Madam
Spice up your cooking bae's life with a spice-subscription box from Spice Madam. Each month, a box shows up at your loved one's door offering a culinary journey to a new destination with spices and recipes from around the world.
Playtime is in session with the G-Spot Rabbit Couple's Playtime Set, a high-quality adult intimacy kit that comes with pleasure products made to spice up the bedroom. With a little something for you and a little something for him, this gift is made for couple-shared stimulation and satisfaction!
Let your bae turn his bathroom into a spa. Perfect to soothe him after working hard on V-Day, the Travertine Spa Collection of Eucalyptus Steam Shower Sprays are the perfect gift to inspire your man to unwind using its soothing, aromatic, and relaxing scents.
If your guy loves to play with gadgets, then the F100 Ghost will be all the rage. This ultra quiet brushless device can not only capture flight in HD using its detachable 1080p camera, but this GoPro ready drone has incredible maneuverability, 2 speeds, and is perfect for tricks and flips.
While we're quite sure you'll be getting lots of kisses this V-Day, why not spice things up with Kisses 4 Us, a game that will benefit the both of you all year long? This soft-touch laminated box is filled with 30 Unique Kiss Cards and it's ready to play right away. Simply choose a kiss card, follow the prompt, and let the smooching begin!
If he's the guy that likes to treat you to an expensive dinner, then reverse the role and prepare him a lobster dinner right in the comfort of your own home. Thanks to Get Maine Lobster, you can have fresh Maine lobster delivered to your door in a variety of ways. From lobster rolls to buttery lobster tails, you don't have to wait for a table, you can serve your man in bed. Just be prepared to be dessert.
Check out xoNecole's other gift guides here.
Featured image by Getty Images.
- The 15 best Valentine's Day gifts for him ›
- 35 Best Valentine's Day Gifts for Him - Great Men's Valentines ... ›
- 35 Best Valentine's Day Boyfriend Gift Ideas for Him 2019 ›
- 52 Unique Valentine's Day Gifts for Him of 2019 - Dodo Burd ›
- 55 Valentine's Day Gifts for Your Boyfriend or Husband | Real Simple ›
- 2019 Valentine's Day Gifts For Him | Personalization Mall ›
- 2019 Valentine's Day Gifts for Him | Men's Valentines | Personal ... ›
- 50 Best Valentine's Day Gifts for Him 2019 - Good Ideas for ... ›
This article is in partnership with Sensodyne.
Our teeth are connected to so many things - our nutrition, our confidence, and our overall mood. We often take for granted how important healthy teeth are, until issues like tooth sensitivity or gum recession come to remind us. Like most things related to our bodies, prevention is the best medicine. Here are five things you can do immediately to improve your oral hygiene, prevent tooth sensitivity, and avoid dental issues down the road.
1) Go Easy On the Rough Brushing: Brushing your teeth is and always will be priority number one in the oral hygiene department. No surprises there! However, there is such a thing as applying too much pressure when brushing…and that can lead to problems over time. Use a toothbrush with soft bristles and brush in smooth, circular motions. It may seem counterintuitive, but a gentle approach to brushing is the most effective way to clean those pearly whites without wearing away enamel and exposing sensitive areas of the teeth.
2) Use A Desensitizing Toothpaste: As everyone knows, mouth pain can be highly uncomfortable; but tooth sensitivity is a whole different beast. Hot weather favorites like ice cream and popsicles have the ability to trigger tooth sensitivity, which might make you want to stay away from icy foods altogether. But as always, prevention is the best medicine here. Switching to a toothpaste like Sensodyne’s Sensitivity & Gum toothpaste specifically designed for sensitive teeth will help build a protective layer over sensitive areas of the tooth. Over time, those sharp sensations that occur with extremely cold foods will subside, and you’ll be back to treating yourself to your icy faves like this one!
3) Floss, Rinse, Brush. (And In That Order!): Have you ever heard the saying, “It’s not what you do, but how you do it”? Well, the same thing applies to taking care of your teeth. Even if you are flossing and brushing religiously, you could be missing out on some of the benefits simply because you aren’t doing so in the right order. Flossing is best to do before brushing because it removes food particles and plaque from places your toothbrush can’t reach. After a proper flossing sesh, it is important to rinse out your mouth with water after. Finally, you can whip out your toothbrush and get to brushing. Though many of us commonly rinse with water after brushing to remove excess toothpaste, it may not be the best thing for our teeth. That’s because fluoride, the active ingredient in toothpaste that protects your enamel, works best when it gets to sit on the teeth and continue working its magic. Rinsing with water after brushing doesn’t let the toothpaste go to work like it really can. Changing up your order may take some getting used to, but over time, you’ll see the difference.
4) Stay Hydrated: Upping your water supply is a no-fail way to level up your health overall, and your teeth are no exception to this rule. Drinking water not only helps maintain a healthy pH balance in your mouth, but it also washes away residue and acids that can cause enamel erosion. It also helps you steer clear of dry mouth, which is a gateway to bad breath. And who needs that?
5) Show Your Gums Some Love: When it comes to improving your smile, you may be laser-focused on getting your teeth whiter, straighter, and overall healthier. Rightfully so, as these are all attributes of a megawatt smile; but you certainly don’t want to leave gum health out of the equation. If you neglect your gums, you’ll start to notice the effects of plaque buildup, which can irritate the gums and cause gingivitis, the earliest stage of gum disease. Seeing blood while brushing and flossing is a tell-tale sign that your gums are suffering. You may also experience gum recession — a condition where the gum tissue surrounding your teeth pulls back, exposing more of your tooth. Brushing at least twice a day with a gum-protecting toothpaste like Sensodyne Sensitivity and Gum, coupled with regular dentist visits, will keep your gums shining as bright as those pearly whites.
There’s nothing quite as humbling as navigating adulthood with no instruction manual. Since the turn of the decade, it seems like everything in our society that could go wrong has, inevitably, gone wrong. From the global pandemic, our crippling student debt problem, the loneliness crisis, layoffs, global warming, recession, and not to mention figuring out what to eat for dinner every night. This constant state of uncertainty has many of us wondering, when are the grown-ups coming to fix all of this?
But the catch is, we are the new grown-ups.
As if it happened without our permission, we became the new adults. We are the members of society who are paying taxes, having children, getting married, and keeping our communities afloat, one iced latte at a time. Still, there’s something about doing all these grown-up duties that feel unnaturally grown-up. Enter the #teenagegirlinher20s.
If there’s one hashtag to give you the state of the next cohort of adults, it’s this one. Of the videos that have garnered over 3.9M views, you’ll find a collection of users who are overwhelmed by life’s pressing existential responsibilities, clung to nostalgia, and reminiscent of the days when their mom and dad took care of their insurance plans.
no like i cant explain to her why i had to buy multiple tank air dupes from aritzia #teenagegirlinher20s #fyp
The concept of being a 20-something or 30-something teenager is linked to the sentiment of not feeling “grown up enough” to do grown-up things while feeling underprepared and even nihilistic about whether that preparation even matters.
It’s our generation’s version of when we ask our grandmothers how old they are and they simply reply with, “I still feel 45,” all while being every bit of 76 years old. In this, we share a warped concept of time while clinging to a desire for infantilization.
Granted, the pandemic did a number on our concept of time. Many of us who started the pandemic in our early or mid-20s missed out on three fundamental years of socialization, career development, and personal milestones that traditionally help to mark our growth.
Our time to figure out and plan our next steps through fumbling yet active participation was put on pause indefinitely and then resumed provisionally. This in turn has left many of us hanging in the balance of uncertainty as we try to make sense of the disconnect between our minds and bodies in this missing gap of time.
Because we’re all still figuring out what the ramifications of being locked away and frozen in time by a global pandemic will have on us as a society, there really is no “right” way of making up for lost time. Feeling unprepared for any new chapter of life is a natural rite of passage, pandemic or not. However, it’s important to not stay stuck in the last age or period of life that made sense to us because self-growth is the truest evidence of personal progress.
So whether you’re leaning on your inner child, teenager, or 20-something for guidance as you fill the gap between your real age and pandemic age, know that it’s okay to grieve the person you thought you would be and the milestones you thought you’d hit before you ever knew what a pandemic was. If there’s anything that the pandemic taught us, it’s that we have the power to reimagine a better world and life for ourselves. And if we tap into our inner teenager as a compass, we can piece together our next chapter with a fresh outlook.
Sure, we’ve lost a couple of years, but there are still some really amazing ones ahead.
Let’s make things inbox official! Sign up for the xoNecole newsletter for daily love, wellness, career, and exclusive content delivered straight to your inbox.
Featured image by Stephen Zeigler/Getty Images