With Fall around the corner, it's time to mentally prepare ourselves for the cold-weather outfits we missed the previous year. Although it feels like we've been playing catch up, this season, we're picking up where summer is leaving off by transitioning the chicest trends into cold weather combinations one look at a time. If you've been shopping wisely this summer, then you'll have plenty of items already in your closet to mix and match for fall.
This year, fall ready-to-wear collections are bolder, brighter and more exciting than what we've seen as of late. Call it the "Roaring 20's" or pure optimism but it's a stark contrast from last year's at-home-inspired trends. Designers are implementing patterns and features that inspire us to live in the moment, allowing our sense of style to do the talking for us. I'm excited to come with the looks next season as I curate my closet utilizing my existing summer favorites.
These are the latest trends I'm currently obsessed with and refuse to let go next season and beyond.
Edward Berthelot/Getty Images
This year there has been a rise in platforms. With the late 90's and early 2000's being a major trend throughout the fashion and beauty industries, the era was dominated by higher than life platforms. From heels to sneakers, chunky soles are dominating the current shoe trends and I don't see the end of this trend any time soon.
Edward Berthelot/Getty Images
One of my favorite looks during warm weather months is a slip dress. With this classic dress style, it's easy to transition for fall paired with a sneaker or a boot and a jacket, if needed. Adorn with your favorite chunky accessories and a handle bag for even more sass to elevate this super chic look.
Matt Petit/A.M.P.A.S. via Getty Images
There's something about geometric prints that add an artistic element to every look. Super modern, we've seen a rise in heavy prints this summer and will continue to enjoy them this fall.
David M. Benett/Dave Benett/Getty Images for Qatar Tourism
This summer I got my hands on as many asymmetrical looks I could buy. I love this sexy sleek trend and can't wait to see more styles this fall. From clothing items to boots and accessories, get ready to take this trend up another notch.
Daniele Venturelli/Daniele Venturelli/Getty Images for Luisaviaroma
As I get older, I'm learning that modesty is the best policy. While I do like to show skin here and there, I prefer to leave some things up to the imagination. The cut out trend is one of my favorites this year due to the classy and subtle details when a cut out is placed in all the right places. For fall, I'm looking forward to the combination of cut out knitwear this season.
6.Wide Leg/Utility Pants
Amy Sussman/Getty Images
Wide leg utility pants are my favorite switch-up this summer. The lightweight alternative to thick sweatpants, I can't get enough of this pant style and will continue them into next season. Add a sneaker or pair with a sleek pointed toe boot for the perfect oversized look this fall.
Marcus Ingram/Getty Images
Sheer tops are trending this summer, worn with a crop cami or bikini top for a pool side look. This fall, add into your rotation by laying with a full length cami or layered under your favorite jacket. Go for a long sleeve for extra coverage paired with a straight leg pant and a pump to elevate your see-through look.
Bucket hats are a classic head piece that has seen a huge rise in popularity over the last few months. I'm loving the transition from summer styles to the faux furs that make this accessory more chic and fashion forward. Set the tone with a matching set paired with a textured bucket hat for a head to toe cold weather moment.
To get your fashion fix and to stay up to date with the latest trends, check out the xoNecole Style section here.
Featured image by Edward Berthelot/Getty Images
- How To Layer Your Clothes Like A Pro - xoNecole: Women's Interest ... ›
- These Not-So-Everyday Earrings Prove Hoops Don't Have To Be ... ›
- Tennis Skirt As A Matching Set - xoNecole: Women's Interest, Love ... ›
- Fall 2021 Fashion Trends | A Guide - xoNecole: Women's Interest, Love, Wellness, Beauty ›
- Fall 2021 Boot Trends Outfit Ideas - xoNecole: Women's Interest, Love, Wellness, Beauty ›
- 5 Cute Fall Dresses For Women 2021 - xoNecole: Women's Interest, Love, Wellness, Beauty ›
- The Biggest Summer Skincare Trends Of 2023 - xoNecole: Lifestyle, Culture, Love, Wellness ›
This article is in partnership with Sensodyne.
Our teeth are connected to so many things - our nutrition, our confidence, and our overall mood. We often take for granted how important healthy teeth are, until issues like tooth sensitivity or gum recession come to remind us. Like most things related to our bodies, prevention is the best medicine. Here are five things you can do immediately to improve your oral hygiene, prevent tooth sensitivity, and avoid dental issues down the road.
1) Go Easy On the Rough Brushing: Brushing your teeth is and always will be priority number one in the oral hygiene department. No surprises there! However, there is such a thing as applying too much pressure when brushing…and that can lead to problems over time. Use a toothbrush with soft bristles and brush in smooth, circular motions. It may seem counterintuitive, but a gentle approach to brushing is the most effective way to clean those pearly whites without wearing away enamel and exposing sensitive areas of the teeth.
2) Use A Desensitizing Toothpaste: As everyone knows, mouth pain can be highly uncomfortable; but tooth sensitivity is a whole different beast. Hot weather favorites like ice cream and popsicles have the ability to trigger tooth sensitivity, which might make you want to stay away from icy foods altogether. But as always, prevention is the best medicine here. Switching to a toothpaste like Sensodyne’s Sensitivity & Gum toothpaste specifically designed for sensitive teeth will help build a protective layer over sensitive areas of the tooth. Over time, those sharp sensations that occur with extremely cold foods will subside, and you’ll be back to treating yourself to your icy faves like this one!
3) Floss, Rinse, Brush. (And In That Order!): Have you ever heard the saying, “It’s not what you do, but how you do it”? Well, the same thing applies to taking care of your teeth. Even if you are flossing and brushing religiously, you could be missing out on some of the benefits simply because you aren’t doing so in the right order. Flossing is best to do before brushing because it removes food particles and plaque from places your toothbrush can’t reach. After a proper flossing sesh, it is important to rinse out your mouth with water after. Finally, you can whip out your toothbrush and get to brushing. Though many of us commonly rinse with water after brushing to remove excess toothpaste, it may not be the best thing for our teeth. That’s because fluoride, the active ingredient in toothpaste that protects your enamel, works best when it gets to sit on the teeth and continue working its magic. Rinsing with water after brushing doesn’t let the toothpaste go to work like it really can. Changing up your order may take some getting used to, but over time, you’ll see the difference.
4) Stay Hydrated: Upping your water supply is a no-fail way to level up your health overall, and your teeth are no exception to this rule. Drinking water not only helps maintain a healthy pH balance in your mouth, but it also washes away residue and acids that can cause enamel erosion. It also helps you steer clear of dry mouth, which is a gateway to bad breath. And who needs that?
5) Show Your Gums Some Love: When it comes to improving your smile, you may be laser-focused on getting your teeth whiter, straighter, and overall healthier. Rightfully so, as these are all attributes of a megawatt smile; but you certainly don’t want to leave gum health out of the equation. If you neglect your gums, you’ll start to notice the effects of plaque buildup, which can irritate the gums and cause gingivitis, the earliest stage of gum disease. Seeing blood while brushing and flossing is a tell-tale sign that your gums are suffering. You may also experience gum recession — a condition where the gum tissue surrounding your teeth pulls back, exposing more of your tooth. Brushing at least twice a day with a gum-protecting toothpaste like Sensodyne Sensitivity and Gum, coupled with regular dentist visits, will keep your gums shining as bright as those pearly whites.
There’s people who perform songs, and then there’s performers, and let me tell you something: Victoria Monét is a PERFORMER. I first fell in love with her as an artist after hearing her hit song “Moment,” and then when her album JAGUAR was released in 2020, I was hooked. JAGUAR was one of those albums that I kept on repeat as I and the rest of the world were going through the motions of being in a pandemic. I remember watching her perform her single “Jaguar” from the album on her YouTube channel, and the way she performed so effortlessly with such confidence, I knew I had to see her live.
Luckily, I got the opportunity. Along with dropping JAGUAR II, which features the viral single “On My Mama,” Victoria also announced The Jaguar Tour, and as soon as the tickets dropped, it quickly sold out. I attended her Atlanta show at the Buckhead Theatre, and besides being met with a sea of concertgoers from wall to wall, my ears were immediately hit with a beautiful voice from none other than Alex Vaughn, who opened for the mother of one. Once Alex finished her set, it was time for the main event.
Photo by Paras Griffin/Getty Images
As soon as Victoria stepped on stage, it was hers. She commanded the room with her sultry voice and hypnotic dance moves, performing songs from albums JAGUAR I and II and previous projects such as Life After Love, Pt. 1. Fans were singing her songs word for word to the point where, at times, you no longer heard her singing. However, it was clear that she was in a room filled with love and support, and she also showed it back on stage. The singer rarely took breaks in between songs and dazzled fans with her smooth moves that is reminiscent of the legendary Janet Jackson.
One of my favorite moments was when she performed “Cadillac (A Pimp’s Anthem).” She dressed in a trench coat and fedora, complete with her pimp cane, and another big moment was when she performed “Stop (Askin’ Me 4Shyt)”. Overall, it was nice to vibe out to live performances of some of my personal faves like “Ass Like That,” “How Does It Make You Feel,” “Alright,” and “Big Boss.” In a recent cover story for Galore, Victoria revealed what she hopes concert attendees walk away with.
“On tour, I really wanna give people the best version of Victoria on stage, better than I’ve ever been before. I’m hoping people have the time of their life at the show,” she said. After working behind the scenes as a songwriter for so long, the California native now has all eyes on her, and it’s clear she was ready for this moment.
Let’s make things inbox official! Sign up for the xoNecole newsletter for daily love, wellness, career, and exclusive content delivered straight to your inbox.
Feature image by Paras Griffin/Getty Images