OK. So, with articles out in cyberspace like "Jada And Willow Smith Both Reveal They've Considered Getting A BBL In The Past" and "The 'BBL effect': Plastic surgeons say they're seeing record numbers of patients as people look to lift their bodies — and their booties — out of the pandemic", there's no way around the fact that the desire for a bigger, fuller and/or rounder butt, for a lot of women, isn't going away any time soon. Still, with all of the risks that can come with getting a BBL (bruising, blood clots, infection, heart issues and even death in some cases), I thought it was important to remind our audience of something that more and more people seem to be losing sight off — there are natural ways to enhance your derriere too. Ones that are much healthier, far less expensive and can benefit your health and well-being in other ways as well.
One way to get your butt to where you want it is through exercise. Glutes, squats and lunges are classically effective when it comes to building muscle mass on your backside. And you know what? Something that can make this easier to do is eating certain foods that will literally "feed your muscles".
If you want your butt to become a little more rotund, here are 12 foods that can help to make that happen while doing your body a lot of good from head to toe in the process. So, where's your grocery list at, sis? Let's do this.
Avocados are one of my favorite fruits and ever since I've learned how easy it is to make guacamole — chile, you can't tell me a damn thing! As far as health benefits go, they contain more potassium than bananas; are full of fatty acids; are considered to be an aphrodisiac thanks to all of the Vitamin E (which helps to support sex hormones) that are in them; can help your body to better absorb nutrients and are packed with antioxidants — ones that especially are great for maintaining your vision.
As far as your backside goes, avocados are bomb because they've got healthy fats that can help to reduce bodily inflammation while reducing the stress and strain that your body can sometimes go through when you're in the process of trying to build muscle, including your glutes.
If you're looking for a way to get some fat and protein into your system without consuming any meat, eating nuts is certainly one way to do it. Since nuts are also full of fiber, they can be a good way to stay regular as well. Aside from that, nuts are good for you because they're a solid source of copper, manganese and selenium, they can assist with lowering your cholesterol levels. Also, some medical experts believe that they support heart health too. Butt-wise, nuts are great because all of the fat and protein in them can help you to develop strong and solid muscles while still causing your butt to have some "movement" (a lot of BBLs do not).
If nothing makes you happier than having a hot heaping bowl of oatmeal for breakfast, you're actually doing your body a lot of good because this is a food that's considered to be incredibly nutritious. Oatmeal is off-the-charts when it comes to how much manganese it contains (around 190 percent of the recommended dietary intake), plus it's got fiber, protein, phosphorus, copper, zinc, iron, vitamins B1 and B5 and so much more. Some other things worth noting is the antioxidants in oatmeal can help to reduce inflammation and lower your blood pressure, there are properties in oatmeal that can also balance out your blood sugar levels and some studies even say that feeding a baby oatmeal can reduce their chances of getting asthma up the road. If you want a fuller butt, oatmeal is the lick because it's also got micronutrients in it. The cool thing about that is those are great when it comes to increasing muscle mass over time.
4. Brown Rice
Looking for a way to up your dietary fiber intake? Brown rice has your back (pun intended). Good thing too because the combination of the fiber and magnesium that's in brown rice can help to lower your risk of having a heart attack or stroke up the road. It's also a great source of protein and several forms of Vitamin B. Plus, it's gluten-free if that's the kind of diet that you're after. If you're looking for a kind of food that is easy to digest, contains amino acids like glutamine, glycerin, and GABA to help manage depression-related symptoms and you want some extra energy as you're exercising so that you can get your butt just where you want it to be, brown rice has you — all the way around.
You might've heard that if you've got a muscle cramp, you should probably snack on a banana. That's because it's a good source of potassium and potassium is what helps to slow the contractions that cause the cramping down. Bananas are also a beneficial fruit because they've got vitamins B6 and C in them, along with copper, manganese, fiber and protein. If you want to balance out your blood sugar levels, have a banana. If you want to improve your digestive health, have a banana. If you want to get more antioxidants into your system, have a banana. And, if you want to snack on something sweet that can help you to lose weight, feel fuller longer and also give you energy to get your butt into shape — you already know…have a banana.
I'm kinda thinking that it comes as no surprise to any of you that eggs are an amazing source of protein. That's not all, though. They're also a good source of selenium and various forms of Vitamin B. Also, the yellow yolk of the egg is loaded with choline which is awesome for the growth of your baby if you happen to be pregnant. Choline is also helpful when it comes to providing your cells with the fat that they need in order to fully develop. Not only that but the antioxidants lutein and zeaxanthin are awesome for your vision and word on the street is they can even do their part to decrease your chances of having a stroke. And since eggs are one of the greatest sources of protein per serving there is, I'm sure you get why they're another food that can feed your glutes, so that your butt can appear bigger and fuller (with exercise, of course). Where's your omelet at?
Something that I really like about mushrooms is they have a kind of "meaty texture" that make them a good substitute if you're trying to eat more vegetarian or vegan meals (check out "10 Foods That Make Eating Less Meat...Easier"). Aside from that, mushrooms are cool because, nutrient-wise, they've got Vitamin D, antioxidants, zinc, potassium and loads of other vitamins and minerals in them. All of these nutrients work together to boost your immunity, maintain heart health and support gut health. Anyway, mushrooms can help you get your butt to where you want it to be because they also are high in protein and again, protein is good for muscle development. And since mushrooms are a vegetable, consuming them is how you can build muscle mass without relying on animal products to do it.
Sometimes, nothing brings me more joy than a juicy hamburger or a T-bone steak. Lawd, have mercy! And so long as you consume beef in moderation, there are some solid health benefits that come with eating it. First, meat is definitely a strong source of protein. Also, it's got Vitamin B12, zinc, selenium, iron and phosphorus in it. Something else that's cool about beef is it has the antioxidant glutathione in it. That's dope because it helps to strengthen your immunity, fight aging signs and even increase longevity.
When it comes to beef getting your butt to where you want it to be — whew. First, the organic compound creatine that's in it helps to give your body the energy that it needs in order to build muscle mass as the protein in beef helps to increase muscle mass. In fact, beef contains all of the amino acids that are required for a food to be categorized as being a "complete protein". So, if you like nothing more than steak fajitas on the weekend, dig in, sis! Your taste buds will thank you. Your backside will too.
9. Greek Yogurt
Nothing will give you a protein, probiotic, Vitamin B12 and calcium fix quite like a serving of Greek yogurt will. That said, if you've always wondered what the difference is between Greek yogurt and regular yogurt, Greek yogurt contains less sugar and more protein while regular yogurt has less calories and more calcium. Anyway, Greek yogurt can give you a metabolism boost, help to keep your bones strong and it's also great for your butt because it can also help to build muscle mass (thanks to its protein) while keeping your gut in good shape (thanks to its probiotics). This ultimately means a nice ass and a slim waistline — naturally so.
Initially, I wasn't a fan of quinoa at all. Then, I learned that it's all about how it's prepared. Now, I dig it. As far as health benefits go, it's a protein-filled and gluten-free seed that is classified as being a whole grain. Quinoa is high in amino acids, fiber, iron, B-vitamins, calcium, iron, manganese, magnesium, zinc, copper and a host of other nutrients. A really great thing about quinoa is it can help you to manage your blood sugar levels. Not only that but it's loaded with antioxidants, can assist with you shedding a few pounds (because it is able to boost your metabolism levels) and it contains anti-inflammatory properties too. Butt-wise, because it has so much protein in it (around eight grams a cup), it's a great building block for muscle mass and tone.
I can honestly eat a homemade salmon Caesar salad, at least a couple of times a week. Salmon is great for you, one because of all of the fatty acids (omega 3s) that are in it. Fatty acids are good because they are a "healthy fat" that helps to fight inflammation, lower your risk of heart disease, lower your blood pressure, keep your skin and hair moisturized from the inside out and so much more. Besides that, salmon also contains protein, B-vitamins, potassium, selenium and the antioxidant astaxanthin which reduces oxidative stress.
And if you want to have a little jiggle to your booty, salmon can actually help to make that happen. The reason why is because something that a lot of people with a big butt and thick thighs have in common is they are high in omega-3s. Now this is no reason to go overboard or anything. Still, it is good food for thought, next time you're baking some salmon for dinner.
Even though a lot of people consider lentils to be beans, they are also seeds— seeds that are a huge source of protein, fiber, folate, iron, phosphorus, manganese and potassium. The polyphenols in lentils have anti-inflammatory properties, its tannins help your system to absorb iron so that your blood can remain healthy and the phytic acid in these types of seeds have powerful antioxidant and anticancer properties in them. And all of this helps your body to increase more muscle mass which ultimately can include a bigger butt. So, the next time you're in the mood for some lentil soup, now you've got another reason to indulge. You're just a few bowls away from building a bigger butt. And oh, what a delicious way to do it, right?
Featured image by Giphy
- Ways To Make Your Butt Look Better And Bigger - xoNecole ... ›
- Does Oats Help You Gain Weight? Oats For Weight Gain - xoNecole: Lifestyle, Culture, Love, & Wellness ›
Different puzzle pieces are creating bigger pictures these days. 2024 will mark a milestone on a few different levels, including the release of my third book next June (yay!).
I am also a Professional Certified Coach. My main mission for attaining that particular goal is to use my formal credentials to help people navigate through the sometimes tumultuous waters, both on and offline, when it comes to information about marriage, sex and relationships that is oftentimes misinformation (because "coach" is a word that gets thrown around a lot, oftentimes quite poorly).
I am also still super devoted to helping to bring life into this world as a doula, marriage life coaching will always be my first love (next to writing, of course), a platform that advocates for good Black men is currently in the works and my keystrokes continue to be devoted to HEALTHY over HAPPY in the areas of holistic intimacy, spiritual evolution, purpose manifestation and self-love...because maturity teaches that it's impossible to be happy all of the time when it comes to reaching goals yet healthy is a choice that can be made on a daily basis (amen?).
If you have any PERSONAL QUESTIONS (please do not contact me with any story pitches; that is an *editorial* need), feel free to reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org. A sistah will certainly do what she can. ;)
This article is in partnership with Sensodyne.
Our teeth are connected to so many things - our nutrition, our confidence, and our overall mood. We often take for granted how important healthy teeth are, until issues like tooth sensitivity or gum recession come to remind us. Like most things related to our bodies, prevention is the best medicine. Here are five things you can do immediately to improve your oral hygiene, prevent tooth sensitivity, and avoid dental issues down the road.
1) Go Easy On the Rough Brushing: Brushing your teeth is and always will be priority number one in the oral hygiene department. No surprises there! However, there is such a thing as applying too much pressure when brushing…and that can lead to problems over time. Use a toothbrush with soft bristles and brush in smooth, circular motions. It may seem counterintuitive, but a gentle approach to brushing is the most effective way to clean those pearly whites without wearing away enamel and exposing sensitive areas of the teeth.
2) Use A Desensitizing Toothpaste: As everyone knows, mouth pain can be highly uncomfortable; but tooth sensitivity is a whole different beast. Hot weather favorites like ice cream and popsicles have the ability to trigger tooth sensitivity, which might make you want to stay away from icy foods altogether. But as always, prevention is the best medicine here. Switching to a toothpaste like Sensodyne’s Sensitivity & Gum toothpaste specifically designed for sensitive teeth will help build a protective layer over sensitive areas of the tooth. Over time, those sharp sensations that occur with extremely cold foods will subside, and you’ll be back to treating yourself to your icy faves like this one!
3) Floss, Rinse, Brush. (And In That Order!): Have you ever heard the saying, “It’s not what you do, but how you do it”? Well, the same thing applies to taking care of your teeth. Even if you are flossing and brushing religiously, you could be missing out on some of the benefits simply because you aren’t doing so in the right order. Flossing is best to do before brushing because it removes food particles and plaque from places your toothbrush can’t reach. After a proper flossing sesh, it is important to rinse out your mouth with water after. Finally, you can whip out your toothbrush and get to brushing. Though many of us commonly rinse with water after brushing to remove excess toothpaste, it may not be the best thing for our teeth. That’s because fluoride, the active ingredient in toothpaste that protects your enamel, works best when it gets to sit on the teeth and continue working its magic. Rinsing with water after brushing doesn’t let the toothpaste go to work like it really can. Changing up your order may take some getting used to, but over time, you’ll see the difference.
4) Stay Hydrated: Upping your water supply is a no-fail way to level up your health overall, and your teeth are no exception to this rule. Drinking water not only helps maintain a healthy pH balance in your mouth, but it also washes away residue and acids that can cause enamel erosion. It also helps you steer clear of dry mouth, which is a gateway to bad breath. And who needs that?
5) Show Your Gums Some Love: When it comes to improving your smile, you may be laser-focused on getting your teeth whiter, straighter, and overall healthier. Rightfully so, as these are all attributes of a megawatt smile; but you certainly don’t want to leave gum health out of the equation. If you neglect your gums, you’ll start to notice the effects of plaque buildup, which can irritate the gums and cause gingivitis, the earliest stage of gum disease. Seeing blood while brushing and flossing is a tell-tale sign that your gums are suffering. You may also experience gum recession — a condition where the gum tissue surrounding your teeth pulls back, exposing more of your tooth. Brushing at least twice a day with a gum-protecting toothpaste like Sensodyne Sensitivity and Gum, coupled with regular dentist visits, will keep your gums shining as bright as those pearly whites.
An author by the name of Alexandra Katehakis once said this about orgasms: “Great spiritual teachers throughout the ages have stated that orgasm is the closest some people come to a spiritual experience because of the momentary loss of self. Why is this true? Because with spiritual sex, you move beyond orgasm into a connection with yourself, your partner, and the divine — recognizing them all as one.”
If it’s counterintuitive to what you’ve ever thought about orgasms, believe it or not, there are even pastors who have said that climaxing is the closest comprehension of heaven on this side of it: it is an extreme kind of bliss that is indescribable and is best experienced between two people who share a sacrificial kind of love for one another.
Although this might seem like a heavy way to intro this particular topic, because the O Method is an orgasm-achieving technique that centers around housing energy, embracing the mental practice of manifestation, and the attempt to achieve the best climaxes ever — it all works together pretty well if you ask me. If you want to take your orgasms to the next level, it’s important that you get out of yourself (to a certain extent), that you see the spiritual role that manifestation plays, and that you are open to trying new things. No doubt about it.
So, let’s learn more about what the O Method is all about and how it very well could be just what you’ve been looking for…even if you didn’t know it.
What Is the “O Method” All About?Giphy
Question: When’s the last time you’ve had an orgasm? Not just any orgasm — I mean a really mind-blowing one (I’ll give you a second to think about it). Now, what if you could manifest that experience to the point where it wasn’t a rare occurrence but something that happened almost every time that you and your partner had sex with each other? How absolutely awesome would that be?
That is pretty much what the O Method is all about — helping you achieve the kind of orgasms (and sexual pleasure, in general) that you desire through the practice of manifestation. And since your biggest sex organ is your brain, it would make perfect sense that even with all of the tips and techniques that you might learn to do as far as your body is concerned, honing in on what you think about is super imperative to sexual fulfillment, too. And that’s just where manifestation comes in.
What If You’ve Never “Manifested” Anything Before?Giphy
Before we get into a quick lesson on manifestation, I think it’s important to mention two things. One, for the cynics, there is a lot of truth in the fact that it’s got some solid spiritual basis to it because even the Good Book says that as a man thinketh in his heart, so is he (Proverbs 23:7). At the same time, that same Good Book tells us that faith without works is dead (James 2:14-26). So, while it is always a good idea to focus on good, positive, and productive thoughts, just thinking about them isn’t enough — at some point, you’ve also gotta get out here and DO something (bookmark that).
Okay, with that mini-sermon out of the way, whether it’s in the bedroom or not, manifestation is basically about focusing on something tangible that you desire, harnessing your energy in such a way that your words and actions are directed towards that longing until what you want, well, manifests. For the record, aside from this having a spiritual backing to it, in many ways, science cosigns on manifesting, too. There is actually a scientific process known as neuroplasticity that consists of reframing your mind so that your actions ultimately end up aligning with your goals — and that is another way to look at manifestation.
So, what if you’re someone who has never set out to do a manifestation practice before? No worries. Something that’s awesome about it is there are several different approaches that you can take.
Some people manifest what they want in their lives via:
- Visualization/Creating vision boards
- Writing down their desires before going to bed (so that they can “download” them into their dream state)
- Creating mantras and affirmations
- Applying the 369 Manifestation Method (you can learn more about that here)
- Learning more about what you want to manifest (which brings forth clarity)
This is important to keep in mind because, when it comes to manifesting the types of orgasms that you want to have, as you can see, you can try different manifestation methods until you find one (or ones) that you are truly comfortable with. One that can ease you into the entire process rather smoothly is something known as sex journaling.
How Sex Journaling Can Actually Help You to Have an OrgasmGiphy
As a writer, I’m a big fan of journaling. Mostly because it’s a way to get out some of your deepest thoughts and feelings so that you’re able to really process what is happening inside of you in a private setting. And when it comes to sex journaling, specifically, it’s all about centering yourself on the things sexually that you want to “unpack,” get clarity on or come to some revelations about. For instance, if there’s only been one partner from your past who’s been able to help you achieve the type of orgasms that you wish to manifest, journaling about what makes him different from the other guys can provide you with some solid ah-ha moments.
Or if you need help getting as specific as possible about the sexual experiences that you’re after, journaling can help to make that happen for you — because one thing that manifesting reminds us all to do is be as specific as possible.
Yeah, simply saying, “I want to have better sex” isn’t detailed enough when you want to get your energy to match with your desires — instead, describe how all of your senses should feel in the experience, along with why, that can get you so much closer to achieving your goal. Once those things are documented, you can segue into creating mantras and/or meditation that are based on them. Yeah, sex journaling really is an underrated superpower on a lot of levels (check out “The Art Of Sex Journaling (And Why You Should Do It)”).
5 Tips for Making the O Method Work for YouGiphy
Now that you know more about what the O Method is and how manifestation plays a direct role in its process, let’s talk about five ways to make the O Method truly effective in your own (sex) life.
1. Focus, FULLY, on your feminine energy. What do rose quartz, amethyst, moonstone (which is a Gemini birthstone as well; yes, I’m a Gemini), selenite, and rhodonite all have in common? They’re crystals that help you to go deeper into your divine feminine energy. Traits that are associated with this include compassion, creativity, kindness, gentleness, and sensuality (feminine energy is also accepting and forgiving). If you were to study energy from a biological standpoint, it’s about producing change, responding to stimuli, and having the ability to do what needs to be done (work). So, when it comes to manifesting the kind of orgasms or sexual experiences that you want, using things like your creativity and gentleness in your thoughts and actions can play a role in bringing balance to your partner’s masculinity, which can create a profound sense of pleasure — after all, opposites do attract.
2. Don’t hold back on what it is that you desire. Whenever I interview sex therapists, something that they all say is, a huge mistake that people make as far as sexual satisfaction is concerned is, they have walls up — not just with their partners but even within themselves. Sometimes, there is intimidation, fear, or even shame around what they really want to happen during sex to the point where they aren’t able to channel their energy fully in those directions in order to manifest what they want. For the O Method to work, you can’t let those types of negative emotions hinder you; the more you are able to articulate what you want and how you want it, the better chance you have of making it happen. So yes, get graphic. As graphic as possible.
3. Make manifestation a daily practice. Repetition is important when it comes to manifestation. That’s because the more you declare what you desire (a mantra), get still and think on it (meditation), or look at the “art” that you’ve created surrounding it (visualization), the quicker it becomes a part of you. So yes, make manifestation a daily practice. For instance, if one of your mantras is, “I am going to have intensely passionate orgasms, one right after the other,” don’t just state that 15 minutes before sex is going to happen. Wake up and declare it. Then say it on your lunch break. And again before turning in. The more your thoughts are “streamlined” in this way, the easier it will be for your body to follow suit.
4. Share this practice with your partner. If you were to do even more research on the O Method, one thing that most of the articles will mention is it’s a practice that you can do alone or with your partner. Indeed. However, I just want to make sure that you get into your psyche that great sex is, in part, about good communication. And so, the more comfortable you are sharing with your partner what you are doing as far as the O Method is concerned and what you ultimately want to happen as a result of the practice, the easier it will be for him to “match your energy” — both in and out of the bedroom. And when your partner is on the same page as you? That definitely increases the chances of attaining your sexual desires — exponentially so.
5. Stay in the moment. While I was reading one article on manifestation, I really appreciated something that the author said: manifestation isn’t some supernatural power. In other words, while it can be beneficial, it’s not like you can just think of something, and it instantly appears out of nowhere. Manifesting is a discipline, and it must be accompanied by action, consistency, and patience — this means that you must also practice mindfulness. Meaning, now that you know better what you’re looking to achieve as far as sex is concerned, every time that it transpires, maintain a level of positive energy, remember what your end goal is, and then determine in your mind to enjoy the moments as they come. Remember, manifestation isn’t to add stress…it’s to cultivate clarity.
At the end of the day, the O Method is simply a way of reminding you that your mind plays a huge role in your sexual pleasure, and when you channel it and your energy exactly where you want them both to go, you’ll be amazed what your body is capable of doing…and accomplishing.
So, what kind of orgasm are you wanting to achieve? You’ve got a tool to get you there. USE IT.
Let’s make things inbox official! Sign up for the xoNecole newsletter for daily love, wellness, career, and exclusive content delivered straight to your inbox.
Featured image by Giphy