Soo…when's the last time you went out specifically with the intention of picking up an aphrodisiac or two? If it takes you more than a minute to come up with an answer, that means you don't do it nearly enough! Even if your sex life is on point and the mutual desire is still going strong, it's still a good idea to invest in things that will take you and your partner's arousal to higher levels. This includes copping jasmine and patchouli essential oils, white linen (why do you think hotels use white sheets? They are proven to boost our libidos), Vitamin E (it increases blood circulation, including to the genitalia), chocolate-flavored anything (its phenethylamine and tryptophan compounds trigger sexual arousal) — and certain foods.
Just by adding these to your diet on a consistent basis, your libido will strengthen, your orgasms will intensify, and your overall health and well-being will improve too. So, where's your grocery store list? Check it twice to see if you've got these eight foods written down:
8 Healthy Foods That Improve Your Sex Life
It's kind of surprising that a food that's made up of 95 percent water could contain so many health benefits, but celery does. The Vitamin C, beta carotene, and flavonoids in it make celery a food that's high in antioxidants. Celery also contains around 25 compounds that fight to reduce inflammation. And, thanks to the magnesium, iron, and sodium that's also in celery, it can help to neutralize the acids in the foods so that you can digest them better.
Sex-wise, celery is also a winner. There are plenty of studies to support that if a man eats it and sweats, it creates the kind of pheromones that attract women. Word on the street is that it's also the kind of food that will make bodily fluids taste better too!
Thanks to all of the nutrients that are found in sweet potatoes, they are considered to be a superfood. They are high in vitamins A, B1, B2, B3, B6 and C, copper, biotin, and potassium. They contain manganese, which is great because it's a nutrient that helps to produce collagen in the body. Sweet potatoes are also the kind of food that keeps your blood sugar and blood pressure where it needs to be.
For guys, the potassium in sweet potatoes helps their erections to last longer. For gals, the Vitamin A helps to create more cervical fluid. This means that if you're trying to get pregnant, sweet potatoes work like a charm.
It's almost criminal how honey can taste so sweet and be one of the best things for you, but it's true. If you get a local raw brand, honey works as a natural remedy for allergy symptoms. The antioxidants in honey will work to prevent cellular damage and improve your memory (especially if you're going through post-menopause). Honey will also give you more energy, heal wounds, reduce dandruff, and is an awesome humectant that keeps your hair and skin full of moisture.
On the sex tip, honey has Vitamin B in it to support the production of testosterone and boron in it to naturally increase the amount of estrogen in women. Both are needed for an active sex life.
If you like to snack on almonds during your lunch break, you are definitely doing your body good. There's fiber, protein, Vitamin E, and magnesium all up in those nuts! Almonds also contain properties that will lower your cholesterol levels, nutrients to reduce hunger cravings and catechin, epicatechin, and flavonol antioxidants to keep your skin healthy and glowing.
Why are they a great aphrodisiac? For starters, the selenium and zinc in them are ideal for reproductive health. Also, their omega-3 fatty acids work to boost blood circulation so that both erections and orgasms will last longer!
Over the past few years, coconut water has become all the rage; especially when it comes to staying hydrated during the summer seasons or after a workout. But there are other reasons to consume it on a regular basis.
Coconut water is low in calories (around 40 per serving), has copper and magnesium in it, and also contains a compound called cytokinins. What's so good about that? It helps to prevent cancerous cells while slowing down the aging process too. Just make sure to consume coconut water in moderation. It's loaded with potassium, which can cause side effects like a breakdown in muscle tissue or even diabetes if you go overboard on it.
Something else that's cool about coconut water is it has the same amount of electrolytes in it that your blood does. This means that it's a proven way to give your metabolism a kick, providing you with the energy you need to engage in coitus after a long day at work.
Vitamins B5, B6, C, E and K are just some of the nutrients that are in avocados. They also have monounsaturated fatty acids in them that are great for your heart, fiber to keep you regular, antioxidants that are good for your eyes, and folate that aids in fighting depression symptoms.
As far as your libido is concerned, here's a fun fact. Back in the day, the Aztecs used to call the avocado tree "Ahuacuatl". What does that translate into? The testicle tree. A part of that comes from the way an avocado looks when it's cut in half (bet you'll never look at one the same), along with the potassium and folic acid in it that increases stamina and provides energy.
As far as spices go, it's a must that you put some freshly-ground cinnamon in your pantry. The polyphenols in it will fight off free radicals and its anti-inflammatory properties will help to repair damaged tissues in the body. Cinnamon also contains properties that fight off insulin resistance and lower blood sugar levels. Cinnamon even inhibits a protein in the brain that could later lead to Alzheimer's disease or Parkinson's disease.
Cinnamon will definitely spice up your sex life too! Seasoning your food with it will increase your body temperature so that you feel all warm (and potentially horny) inside. Putting some edible-grade cinnamon oil essential oil in your mouth will make kisses (everywhere) sweeter and hotter! Plus, since it's proven to improve cognitive function, if you or your partner need help staying in the moment more, cinnamon has got your covered in that area too.
Do yourself a favor and treat yourself to a truffle this week. This mushroom delicacy does everything from lower cholesterol levels and slow down the aging process to treat eye infections and boost your immune system. Truffles are able to do all of this, thanks in part to the magnesium, iron, and calcium that's in them.
Why does this particular food make the aphrodisiac list? It's actually thanks to how it smells. It's got a musky scent that replicates male pheromones and triggers sexual desire in women.
But hey, don't take our word for it. Give it a shot and report back. Whenever you come up for air from all of that sex you'll be having after you do, that is!
Join our xoTribe, an exclusive community dedicated to YOU and your stories and all things xoNecole. Be a part of a growing community of women from all over the world who come together to uplift, inspire, and inform each other on all things related to the glow up. We drop xoNecole events and special opportunities into our Tribe first.
Featured image by Shutterstock
- How To Make His Erection Last Longer - xoNecole: Women's Interest, Love, Wellness, Beauty ›
- Sex And Menopause. 10 Things You Should Know. - xoNecole: Women's Interest, Love, Wellness, Beauty ›
- Health Benefits Of Women Having Orgasms - xoNecole: Women's Interest, Love, Wellness, Beauty ›
- Want Clearer Skin? Have More Orgasms, Y'all. - xoNecole: Women's Interest, Love, Wellness, Beauty ›
- 7 Surprising Foods That Will Improve Your Sex Life - Aphrodisiac ... ›
- Do aphrodisiacs work? The truth about foods like oysters and ... ›
- I Only Ate Aphrodisiacs for a Week - What Happens When You Only ... ›
- I spent whole day eating aphrodisiacs and have never been less ... ›
- 28 Sex Drive Boosting Foods - Aphrodisiac Foods to Increase Sex ... ›
- The Truth About Aphrodisiac Foods, or, Do Oysters Really Make You ... ›
- Are Oysters an Aphrodisiac? 5 Oysters Myths You Should Stop ... ›
- Cinammon - 10 Everyday Aphrodisiacs You Should Be Eating ... ›
- Raw oysters really are aphrodisiacs say scientists (and now is the ... ›
- Top 23 Aphrodisiacs - List of Aphrodisiac Foods for Better Sex ›
Different puzzle pieces are creating bigger pictures these days. 2024 will mark a milestone on a few different levels, including the release of my third book next June (yay!).
I am also a Professional Certified Coach. My main mission for attaining that particular goal is to use my formal credentials to help people navigate through the sometimes tumultuous waters, both on and offline, when it comes to information about marriage, sex and relationships that is oftentimes misinformation (because "coach" is a word that gets thrown around a lot, oftentimes quite poorly).
I am also still super devoted to helping to bring life into this world as a doula, marriage life coaching will always be my first love (next to writing, of course), a platform that advocates for good Black men is currently in the works and my keystrokes continue to be devoted to HEALTHY over HAPPY in the areas of holistic intimacy, spiritual evolution, purpose manifestation and self-love...because maturity teaches that it's impossible to be happy all of the time when it comes to reaching goals yet healthy is a choice that can be made on a daily basis (amen?).
If you have any PERSONAL QUESTIONS (please do not contact me with any story pitches; that is an *editorial* need), feel free to reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org. A sistah will certainly do what she can. ;)
This article is in partnership with Sensodyne.
Our teeth are connected to so many things - our nutrition, our confidence, and our overall mood. We often take for granted how important healthy teeth are, until issues like tooth sensitivity or gum recession come to remind us. Like most things related to our bodies, prevention is the best medicine. Here are five things you can do immediately to improve your oral hygiene, prevent tooth sensitivity, and avoid dental issues down the road.
1) Go Easy On the Rough Brushing: Brushing your teeth is and always will be priority number one in the oral hygiene department. No surprises there! However, there is such a thing as applying too much pressure when brushing…and that can lead to problems over time. Use a toothbrush with soft bristles and brush in smooth, circular motions. It may seem counterintuitive, but a gentle approach to brushing is the most effective way to clean those pearly whites without wearing away enamel and exposing sensitive areas of the teeth.
2) Use A Desensitizing Toothpaste: As everyone knows, mouth pain can be highly uncomfortable; but tooth sensitivity is a whole different beast. Hot weather favorites like ice cream and popsicles have the ability to trigger tooth sensitivity, which might make you want to stay away from icy foods altogether. But as always, prevention is the best medicine here. Switching to a toothpaste like Sensodyne’s Sensitivity & Gum toothpaste specifically designed for sensitive teeth will help build a protective layer over sensitive areas of the tooth. Over time, those sharp sensations that occur with extremely cold foods will subside, and you’ll be back to treating yourself to your icy faves like this one!
3) Floss, Rinse, Brush. (And In That Order!): Have you ever heard the saying, “It’s not what you do, but how you do it”? Well, the same thing applies to taking care of your teeth. Even if you are flossing and brushing religiously, you could be missing out on some of the benefits simply because you aren’t doing so in the right order. Flossing is best to do before brushing because it removes food particles and plaque from places your toothbrush can’t reach. After a proper flossing sesh, it is important to rinse out your mouth with water after. Finally, you can whip out your toothbrush and get to brushing. Though many of us commonly rinse with water after brushing to remove excess toothpaste, it may not be the best thing for our teeth. That’s because fluoride, the active ingredient in toothpaste that protects your enamel, works best when it gets to sit on the teeth and continue working its magic. Rinsing with water after brushing doesn’t let the toothpaste go to work like it really can. Changing up your order may take some getting used to, but over time, you’ll see the difference.
4) Stay Hydrated: Upping your water supply is a no-fail way to level up your health overall, and your teeth are no exception to this rule. Drinking water not only helps maintain a healthy pH balance in your mouth, but it also washes away residue and acids that can cause enamel erosion. It also helps you steer clear of dry mouth, which is a gateway to bad breath. And who needs that?
5) Show Your Gums Some Love: When it comes to improving your smile, you may be laser-focused on getting your teeth whiter, straighter, and overall healthier. Rightfully so, as these are all attributes of a megawatt smile; but you certainly don’t want to leave gum health out of the equation. If you neglect your gums, you’ll start to notice the effects of plaque buildup, which can irritate the gums and cause gingivitis, the earliest stage of gum disease. Seeing blood while brushing and flossing is a tell-tale sign that your gums are suffering. You may also experience gum recession — a condition where the gum tissue surrounding your teeth pulls back, exposing more of your tooth. Brushing at least twice a day with a gum-protecting toothpaste like Sensodyne Sensitivity and Gum, coupled with regular dentist visits, will keep your gums shining as bright as those pearly whites.
An author by the name of Alexandra Katehakis once said this about orgasms: “Great spiritual teachers throughout the ages have stated that orgasm is the closest some people come to a spiritual experience because of the momentary loss of self. Why is this true? Because with spiritual sex, you move beyond orgasm into a connection with yourself, your partner, and the divine — recognizing them all as one.”
If it’s counterintuitive to what you’ve ever thought about orgasms, believe it or not, there are even pastors who have said that climaxing is the closest comprehension of heaven on this side of it: it is an extreme kind of bliss that is indescribable and is best experienced between two people who share a sacrificial kind of love for one another.
Although this might seem like a heavy way to intro this particular topic, because the O Method is an orgasm-achieving technique that centers around housing energy, embracing the mental practice of manifestation, and the attempt to achieve the best climaxes ever — it all works together pretty well if you ask me. If you want to take your orgasms to the next level, it’s important that you get out of yourself (to a certain extent), that you see the spiritual role that manifestation plays, and that you are open to trying new things. No doubt about it.
So, let’s learn more about what the O Method is all about and how it very well could be just what you’ve been looking for…even if you didn’t know it.
What Is the “O Method” All About?Giphy
Question: When’s the last time you’ve had an orgasm? Not just any orgasm — I mean a really mind-blowing one (I’ll give you a second to think about it). Now, what if you could manifest that experience to the point where it wasn’t a rare occurrence but something that happened almost every time that you and your partner had sex with each other? How absolutely awesome would that be?
That is pretty much what the O Method is all about — helping you achieve the kind of orgasms (and sexual pleasure, in general) that you desire through the practice of manifestation. And since your biggest sex organ is your brain, it would make perfect sense that even with all of the tips and techniques that you might learn to do as far as your body is concerned, honing in on what you think about is super imperative to sexual fulfillment, too. And that’s just where manifestation comes in.
What If You’ve Never “Manifested” Anything Before?Giphy
Before we get into a quick lesson on manifestation, I think it’s important to mention two things. One, for the cynics, there is a lot of truth in the fact that it’s got some solid spiritual basis to it because even the Good Book says that as a man thinketh in his heart, so is he (Proverbs 23:7). At the same time, that same Good Book tells us that faith without works is dead (James 2:14-26). So, while it is always a good idea to focus on good, positive, and productive thoughts, just thinking about them isn’t enough — at some point, you’ve also gotta get out here and DO something (bookmark that).
Okay, with that mini-sermon out of the way, whether it’s in the bedroom or not, manifestation is basically about focusing on something tangible that you desire, harnessing your energy in such a way that your words and actions are directed towards that longing until what you want, well, manifests. For the record, aside from this having a spiritual backing to it, in many ways, science cosigns on manifesting, too. There is actually a scientific process known as neuroplasticity that consists of reframing your mind so that your actions ultimately end up aligning with your goals — and that is another way to look at manifestation.
So, what if you’re someone who has never set out to do a manifestation practice before? No worries. Something that’s awesome about it is there are several different approaches that you can take.
Some people manifest what they want in their lives via:
- Visualization/Creating vision boards
- Writing down their desires before going to bed (so that they can “download” them into their dream state)
- Creating mantras and affirmations
- Applying the 369 Manifestation Method (you can learn more about that here)
- Learning more about what you want to manifest (which brings forth clarity)
This is important to keep in mind because, when it comes to manifesting the types of orgasms that you want to have, as you can see, you can try different manifestation methods until you find one (or ones) that you are truly comfortable with. One that can ease you into the entire process rather smoothly is something known as sex journaling.
How Sex Journaling Can Actually Help You to Have an OrgasmGiphy
As a writer, I’m a big fan of journaling. Mostly because it’s a way to get out some of your deepest thoughts and feelings so that you’re able to really process what is happening inside of you in a private setting. And when it comes to sex journaling, specifically, it’s all about centering yourself on the things sexually that you want to “unpack,” get clarity on or come to some revelations about. For instance, if there’s only been one partner from your past who’s been able to help you achieve the type of orgasms that you wish to manifest, journaling about what makes him different from the other guys can provide you with some solid ah-ha moments.
Or if you need help getting as specific as possible about the sexual experiences that you’re after, journaling can help to make that happen for you — because one thing that manifesting reminds us all to do is be as specific as possible.
Yeah, simply saying, “I want to have better sex” isn’t detailed enough when you want to get your energy to match with your desires — instead, describe how all of your senses should feel in the experience, along with why, that can get you so much closer to achieving your goal. Once those things are documented, you can segue into creating mantras and/or meditation that are based on them. Yeah, sex journaling really is an underrated superpower on a lot of levels (check out “The Art Of Sex Journaling (And Why You Should Do It)”).
5 Tips for Making the O Method Work for YouGiphy
Now that you know more about what the O Method is and how manifestation plays a direct role in its process, let’s talk about five ways to make the O Method truly effective in your own (sex) life.
1. Focus, FULLY, on your feminine energy. What do rose quartz, amethyst, moonstone (which is a Gemini birthstone as well; yes, I’m a Gemini), selenite, and rhodonite all have in common? They’re crystals that help you to go deeper into your divine feminine energy. Traits that are associated with this include compassion, creativity, kindness, gentleness, and sensuality (feminine energy is also accepting and forgiving). If you were to study energy from a biological standpoint, it’s about producing change, responding to stimuli, and having the ability to do what needs to be done (work). So, when it comes to manifesting the kind of orgasms or sexual experiences that you want, using things like your creativity and gentleness in your thoughts and actions can play a role in bringing balance to your partner’s masculinity, which can create a profound sense of pleasure — after all, opposites do attract.
2. Don’t hold back on what it is that you desire. Whenever I interview sex therapists, something that they all say is, a huge mistake that people make as far as sexual satisfaction is concerned is, they have walls up — not just with their partners but even within themselves. Sometimes, there is intimidation, fear, or even shame around what they really want to happen during sex to the point where they aren’t able to channel their energy fully in those directions in order to manifest what they want. For the O Method to work, you can’t let those types of negative emotions hinder you; the more you are able to articulate what you want and how you want it, the better chance you have of making it happen. So yes, get graphic. As graphic as possible.
3. Make manifestation a daily practice. Repetition is important when it comes to manifestation. That’s because the more you declare what you desire (a mantra), get still and think on it (meditation), or look at the “art” that you’ve created surrounding it (visualization), the quicker it becomes a part of you. So yes, make manifestation a daily practice. For instance, if one of your mantras is, “I am going to have intensely passionate orgasms, one right after the other,” don’t just state that 15 minutes before sex is going to happen. Wake up and declare it. Then say it on your lunch break. And again before turning in. The more your thoughts are “streamlined” in this way, the easier it will be for your body to follow suit.
4. Share this practice with your partner. If you were to do even more research on the O Method, one thing that most of the articles will mention is it’s a practice that you can do alone or with your partner. Indeed. However, I just want to make sure that you get into your psyche that great sex is, in part, about good communication. And so, the more comfortable you are sharing with your partner what you are doing as far as the O Method is concerned and what you ultimately want to happen as a result of the practice, the easier it will be for him to “match your energy” — both in and out of the bedroom. And when your partner is on the same page as you? That definitely increases the chances of attaining your sexual desires — exponentially so.
5. Stay in the moment. While I was reading one article on manifestation, I really appreciated something that the author said: manifestation isn’t some supernatural power. In other words, while it can be beneficial, it’s not like you can just think of something, and it instantly appears out of nowhere. Manifesting is a discipline, and it must be accompanied by action, consistency, and patience — this means that you must also practice mindfulness. Meaning, now that you know better what you’re looking to achieve as far as sex is concerned, every time that it transpires, maintain a level of positive energy, remember what your end goal is, and then determine in your mind to enjoy the moments as they come. Remember, manifestation isn’t to add stress…it’s to cultivate clarity.
At the end of the day, the O Method is simply a way of reminding you that your mind plays a huge role in your sexual pleasure, and when you channel it and your energy exactly where you want them both to go, you’ll be amazed what your body is capable of doing…and accomplishing.
So, what kind of orgasm are you wanting to achieve? You’ve got a tool to get you there. USE IT.
Let’s make things inbox official! Sign up for the xoNecole newsletter for daily love, wellness, career, and exclusive content delivered straight to your inbox.
Featured image by Giphy