Generally speaking, we all want to achieve "The Big O". Achieving orgasm is a regularly talked about topic amongst the opposite sex. It's also something that's pretty common for them to engage in; but it's just as important for women to enjoy "Masty Time" as men. Being comfortable in our sexuality as women is becoming more and more acceptable in society, however most women still have a hard time exploring the sexual and sensual side of themselves, out of sheer fear of the "judge and jury" side-eyeing the freaky things they may be into.
They don't want their deepest darkest fantasies put on display.
The cat's literally out of the bag when it comes to woman getting that climax she literally "OH" so desires. Studies show that about 75% of women never reach an orgasm with their male counterpart through intercourse. That's where doing the dirty solo deed comes handy. In order for women to be comfortable in their sex life with a partner, it's important that we discover and learn how our bodies work first. Exploring what you like and crave on your own time will surely help amp up your sex life with a partner.
If we aren't aware of the depths of what gets you off, how can you expect for another to take you to those heights? It's important that our solo grind is as satisfying as we'd like it to be.
Get creative with it. Bend that thing over, flip it, throw it, bounce and turn it over. Get in a comfortable yet desirable position that relaxes your body but still allows you access to hitting that good ol' G-spot. Every woman's body is different and laying on your back with two fingers or a toy may not get you to that ultimate climax. Getting in your favorite desired position and easing you mind and body could help you get to that ultimate "O".
2.Set The Mood (Lights, Camera, Action)
You have to treat "Masty Time" as if you would do any other sexual experience. It's essentially a self-care routine. You want to get the best out of the experience. Set the mood by putting on your favorite tunes on, change the ambiance with some dim lighting, light some candles/incense to help spark your aromatic senses. Even go as far as putting on your favorite type of adult flick. If you don't have one, explore what piques your interest. It's all about you in the moment. Do what you like.
3.Explore Your Imagination
This is the time for you to let your mind wander freely. There's no shame or judgment when it's just you enjoying yourself on your solo journey. You can literally take yourself to new heights of climax, if you let your mind drift to any scenario you imagine that turns you on. This is where the fun begins. Whatever freaky things you're into, imagine them. Doesn't matter with whoever, however, and whatever it is that you're imagining. The thing is, if your able to open your mind up, you could also open up those floodgates too.
4.Toys & Lube Galore, Oh My
Don't be afraid to "Do it with No Hands". Some women need a little extra stimulation downtown. Whether that be a toy, or you just like to feel like a Slip 'N Slide. It's all your prerogative. There's no right or wrong way on what you can and can't add to your sexy care time. Trying new things allows us to explore our bodies in different ways and also see what truly gets us going. This is of course done without the hassle of embarrassment of someone watching, judging you or knowing your deep dark fantasy. If you're looking to make things even wetter down there, check out article "The Wetter, The Better: A Simple Guide To Getting Off With Lube".
5.Know Your Parts
Knowing your lady parts will help you a lot when it comes to pleasuring yourself. Let's look at in simpler terms; we'll use a car as an example. You have thelabia aka "side mirrors"; just like on the cars, these are there to protect you from danger. The labia protects all your sexual organs. Don't apply too much friction there, you don't want irritation to arise. Then you have the "push to start button or the ignition" which is the clitoris. Just like in a car when you push or touch this area, it turns your engine all the way on. Then, you have your vaginal opening aka "your gas tank". This is where you'll fill yourself up, with toys, plugs or fingers. Just like a vehicle, you want to be extremely careful what you put in there as it could ruin the entire vehicle.
The uretha is also down there but that's more like the fluid you release on a windshield. The anus is like "the trunk". It's a compact compartment but you can cram a lot in there, just make sure you don't over-stuff the trunk; you don't want things slipping out of there, if you catch my drift.
Want more stories like this? Sign up for our newsletter here to receive our latest articles and news straight to your inbox.
xoNecole is always looking for new voices and empowering stories to add to our platform. If you have an interesting story or personal essay that you'd love to share, we'd love to hear from you. Contact us at email@example.com.
Featured image by Shutterstock
- 6 Reasons Women Shouldn't Be Embarrassed About Masturbation ... ›
- No Nut November: are there benefits to not masturbating for a month ... ›
- How Does the Pull Out Method Work? | Follow Easy Instruction ›
- How to Masturbate if You Have a Penis - Masturbation Tips | Teen ... ›
- 23 Masturbation Tips for Girls Who Need to Get Off ›
- How to stop masturbating: 6 tips and tricks ›
- How to masturbate - a guide to female masturbation - BBC Three ›
Corein Carter is a Los Angeles-based blogger, content creator and podcaster. The New Jersey native has had a love affair with words since she began penning poetry in high school and later went on to study journalism at WSSU. The self-proclaimed "Naturalista" embodies all things spiritual, plant-based, and self-care in both her daily life and through writing. You may recognize Corein's captivating voice and well-rounded perspectives from her fast growing podcast "Play on Words". Follow her journey on Twitter and Instagram @inlivingcolored.
This article is in partnership with Sensodyne.
Our teeth are connected to so many things - our nutrition, our confidence, and our overall mood. We often take for granted how important healthy teeth are, until issues like tooth sensitivity or gum recession come to remind us. Like most things related to our bodies, prevention is the best medicine. Here are five things you can do immediately to improve your oral hygiene, prevent tooth sensitivity, and avoid dental issues down the road.
1) Go Easy On the Rough Brushing: Brushing your teeth is and always will be priority number one in the oral hygiene department. No surprises there! However, there is such a thing as applying too much pressure when brushing…and that can lead to problems over time. Use a toothbrush with soft bristles and brush in smooth, circular motions. It may seem counterintuitive, but a gentle approach to brushing is the most effective way to clean those pearly whites without wearing away enamel and exposing sensitive areas of the teeth.
2) Use A Desensitizing Toothpaste: As everyone knows, mouth pain can be highly uncomfortable; but tooth sensitivity is a whole different beast. Hot weather favorites like ice cream and popsicles have the ability to trigger tooth sensitivity, which might make you want to stay away from icy foods altogether. But as always, prevention is the best medicine here. Switching to a toothpaste like Sensodyne’s Sensitivity & Gum toothpaste specifically designed for sensitive teeth will help build a protective layer over sensitive areas of the tooth. Over time, those sharp sensations that occur with extremely cold foods will subside, and you’ll be back to treating yourself to your icy faves like this one!
3) Floss, Rinse, Brush. (And In That Order!): Have you ever heard the saying, “It’s not what you do, but how you do it”? Well, the same thing applies to taking care of your teeth. Even if you are flossing and brushing religiously, you could be missing out on some of the benefits simply because you aren’t doing so in the right order. Flossing is best to do before brushing because it removes food particles and plaque from places your toothbrush can’t reach. After a proper flossing sesh, it is important to rinse out your mouth with water after. Finally, you can whip out your toothbrush and get to brushing. Though many of us commonly rinse with water after brushing to remove excess toothpaste, it may not be the best thing for our teeth. That’s because fluoride, the active ingredient in toothpaste that protects your enamel, works best when it gets to sit on the teeth and continue working its magic. Rinsing with water after brushing doesn’t let the toothpaste go to work like it really can. Changing up your order may take some getting used to, but over time, you’ll see the difference.
4) Stay Hydrated: Upping your water supply is a no-fail way to level up your health overall, and your teeth are no exception to this rule. Drinking water not only helps maintain a healthy pH balance in your mouth, but it also washes away residue and acids that can cause enamel erosion. It also helps you steer clear of dry mouth, which is a gateway to bad breath. And who needs that?
5) Show Your Gums Some Love: When it comes to improving your smile, you may be laser-focused on getting your teeth whiter, straighter, and overall healthier. Rightfully so, as these are all attributes of a megawatt smile; but you certainly don’t want to leave gum health out of the equation. If you neglect your gums, you’ll start to notice the effects of plaque buildup, which can irritate the gums and cause gingivitis, the earliest stage of gum disease. Seeing blood while brushing and flossing is a tell-tale sign that your gums are suffering. You may also experience gum recession — a condition where the gum tissue surrounding your teeth pulls back, exposing more of your tooth. Brushing at least twice a day with a gum-protecting toothpaste like Sensodyne Sensitivity and Gum, coupled with regular dentist visits, will keep your gums shining as bright as those pearly whites.
The Libra woman and Aries man are the divine feminine and divine masculine, coming together as one. The love compatibility between these two is one for the books. These two are opposite signs, however, their differences tend to complement each other well. This is a dynamic relationship where they know how to have a lot of fun together, but also aren’t afraid to deal with the more serious stuff that comes with a relationship.
The Libra woman is looking for her equal in love, someone who is willing to put in the same effort she is, and the Aries man sees Libra as someone he is willing to do that with.
The Love Compatibility Of A Libra Woman And An Aries Man
What attracts a Libra woman and an Aries man to each other?
There is a magnet of attraction pulling these two together, and things tend to move pretty fast in this relationship. The Libra woman is always open to love and her charming nature rarely has any challenges here. The Aries man fights for his independence and doesn’t sacrifice that unless he is completely enamored with someone.
Once the Aries man catches the eye of the Libra woman, he is typically the one to make the first move and this instantly wins the approval of Libra.
These two feel like they have known each other forever when they meet, and this spark between them doesn’t die down easily.
Hero Images Inc/Getty Images
What is the relationship like between a Libra woman and an Aries man?
The relationship between the Libra woman and the Aries man is one of balance and excitement. The Aries man tends to take on the more dominant role in this relationship and the Libra woman tends to be the more receptive one. Aries is ruled by masculine Mars, and Libra is ruled by feminine Venus. They understand they are coming from two completely different worlds, yet they also instinctively feel this underlying connection to each other and like they could be something each other needs in their lives.
The Libra woman can rely on the Aries man, and the Aries man never has to ask for the love that Libra already knows he needs.
This is a couple that is often reading each other’s minds and wanting to do a lot of the same things. However, not everything is rainbow in this relationship as well, and there are some major differences they have to overcome to make things work. One argument can lead to an explosion between these two, and addressing things when they come up rather than sweeping them under the rug, will be needed to make this relationship long-term.
What is the sex like between a Libra woman and an Aries man?
The sex between a Libra woman and an Aries man is adventurous. These are two cardinal signs with plenty of energy and stamina to keep things exciting in the bedroom. There tends to be a good give and take in this relationship, and their yin and yang energy benefits them when it comes to their sex life.
There is electricity felt between the two of them in this area of their life, and their power of attraction to each other is strong. These are two people who will want to do a lot of things together, including exploring sexually together.
The Aries man will have to be careful with being overly aggressive, however, as the soft Libra woman may not like this energy- it will completely depend on the two individuals at hand. The Libra woman wants to ease into things, the Aries man wants to get going right away. Learning about each other's bodies, and energy, and reading each other’s cues will help with this.
Petri Oeschger/Getty Images
What makes a relationship between a Libra woman and an Aries man work?
These two genuinely like each other, and that basis is a key factor for success in any relationship. The Aries man is straight to the point, direct, and inspired. The Libra woman admires these characteristics in others, as she is often herself finding her balance in this type of energy as well. Neither sign is overly emotional in a way that turns them off, and they both require a lot of the same things in a committed relationship. They want honesty, fun, good communication, passion, and to be moving towards a common goal together.
The Libra woman and Aries man don’t have a problem being real with each other and this is something they really value within the relationship. They are both very charming, and there is plenty of flirtation and attraction to keep this relationship going. Aries being the protector they are, Libra finds a sense of safety and ease in this energy, and like they have found their match. Overall, this is a well-balanced relationship and one where they don’t have a problem when it comes to compatibility or chemistry in the relationship.
What may cause a Libra woman and an Aries man to break up?
Libra is the lover, Aries is the fighter, and this energy may be tiring for the both of them after time. The Libra woman can be passive to a fault, and the Aries man who is not evolved, may take advantage of that. She will need to be careful with putting Aries’ needs above her own, creating resentment later down the road. The Aries man loves a challenge, and the Libra woman would be up for that game for a little bit, but if she is not being met in the middle, she will begin to look for other places. These two can have a difficult time keeping the peace in the relationship, and there could be a lot of arguments and disagreements here if they both aren’t willing to put their egos or self-pleasing attitudes to the side.
The Libra woman and Aries man are both more sensitive than they appear or come off as. They are also not necessarily the type to dive deep into their emotions and express them to others, even in their relationships. However, this energy can keep the relationship to a surface level than what is needed to progress and grow the relationship, and a sense of openness is required for this couple to work. Libra needs romance, she wants to be wowed. Aries needs to remember this and to always consider her love language.
Overall, this is a successful pairing. They will have their fair share of challenges in the relationship, but nothing they can’t overcome if they are willing to. The trouble will come in when it comes to the longevity of the relationship, keeping Aries excited and Libra in love. However, all in all, there is more power, attraction, and love to keep this relationship together rather than apart. No relationship is perfect, but this one is a little more blessed than most.
Let’s make things inbox official! Sign up for the xoNecole newsletter for daily love, wellness, career, and exclusive content delivered straight to your inbox.
Featured image by Weekend Images Inc./Getty Images