We're currently in the midst of our first Mercury Retrograde of the year. The planet of communication, learning, and travel has dipped back into dreamy, intuitive Pisces until the 28th of the month. Expect a dip in your energy levels now that we have quite a few planets in this sign, including the Sun and Neptune, which can make our minds a little foggy. You may feel a lack of direction right now due to the Piscean mutable energy. However, you are encouraged to surrender to the flow right now as this Mercury Retrograde gifts you the opportunity to reconnect with your soul and to receive the next steps for your journey.
Be gentle with yourself and others, as this is a highly sensitive time. Focus on developing your psychic gifts through meditation, divination, or dream work. Your inner world will be very active over the next few weeks. Try to keep a journal to record your experiences or to simply release the overwhelm of emotions that you're feeling during this empathic time. Overall, this Mercury Retrograde can be a beneficial factor in helping you gain the closure you need surrounding situations in which you've played the role of victim or martyr. It's time to revamp your perspective when it comes to using boundaries that empower you and contribute to healthier interactions with others.
Check out the horoscopes below to help you navigate this Mercury Retrograde:
Laci Jordan for xoNecole
Your energy dominates this month with four planets swimming through your sign. Even though it's your birthday season, you may be experiencing low energy levels as Mercury Retrograde has the tendency to draw us into our inner world to reevaluate at least one area of our lives. For you, this focus has to do with the way that you present yourself to the world. This period of soul-searching is giving you the chance to pinpoint any beliefs that limit your soul's authentic expression.
Mercury's influence encourages you to reexamine your personal narrative. It's time to ditch the underdog mindset and start recognizing just how powerful you really are. Your words are spells, sweet Pisces. Speak affirmations over yourself to strengthen your faith and confidence in who you are. Be easy on yourself this month and allow time for plenty of rest. Overexerting yourself physically is counterproductive to the purpose of this planetary transit. Your intuition is at a peak during this retrograde, which is opening you up to cosmic downloads that will help you level up into a new and improved version of yourself.
Want more stories like this? Check out these other xoNecole reads:
What Your Zodiac Says About Your Style - Read More
The Best And Worst Traits Of Men To Date By Their Zodiac Sign - Read More
- Your Monthly Horoscopes: October 2018 - xoNecole ›
- Janelle Belgrave ›
- Your Monthly Horoscopes: December 2018 - xoNecole ›
- Best Meditation Practices For Your Zodiac Sign - xoNecole: Women's Interest, Love, Wellness, Beauty ›
- Survive Negative Effects Of Retrograde - xoNecole: Women's Interest, Love, Wellness, Beauty ›
- Your March 2021 Horoscope Is Here - xoNecole: Women's Interest, Love, Wellness, Beauty ›
- The Summer Ends With Mercury Going Retrograde, Here’s What This Means For Your Zodiac Sign - xoNecole: Lifestyle, Culture, Love, Wellness ›
- Table of Mercury Retrograde Dates to Year 2030 - Susan Miller ... ›
- 9 Zodiac Signs Whose Careers Mercury Retrograde March 2019 ... ›
- Mercury Retrograde in Pisces is Here - What to Know About Mercury ... ›
- Mercury Retrograde Calendar for 2019 – When Mercury is in ... ›
- Mercury Retrograde Dates 2019 | What is Mercury Retrograde ... ›
- Intuitive Astrology: Mercury Retrograde March 2019 - Forever ... ›
- How Mercury Retrograde March 2019 Will Affect Your Love Life ... ›
- How To Survive Mercury Retrograde Effects In March 2019 ›
- Mercury Retrograde March 2019 ~ by Darkstar Astrology ›
- 2019 Mercury Retrograde Calendar ›
This article is in partnership with Sensodyne.
Our teeth are connected to so many things - our nutrition, our confidence, and our overall mood. We often take for granted how important healthy teeth are, until issues like tooth sensitivity or gum recession come to remind us. Like most things related to our bodies, prevention is the best medicine. Here are five things you can do immediately to improve your oral hygiene, prevent tooth sensitivity, and avoid dental issues down the road.
1) Go Easy On the Rough Brushing: Brushing your teeth is and always will be priority number one in the oral hygiene department. No surprises there! However, there is such a thing as applying too much pressure when brushing…and that can lead to problems over time. Use a toothbrush with soft bristles and brush in smooth, circular motions. It may seem counterintuitive, but a gentle approach to brushing is the most effective way to clean those pearly whites without wearing away enamel and exposing sensitive areas of the teeth.
2) Use A Desensitizing Toothpaste: As everyone knows, mouth pain can be highly uncomfortable; but tooth sensitivity is a whole different beast. Hot weather favorites like ice cream and popsicles have the ability to trigger tooth sensitivity, which might make you want to stay away from icy foods altogether. But as always, prevention is the best medicine here. Switching to a toothpaste like Sensodyne’s Sensitivity & Gum toothpaste specifically designed for sensitive teeth will help build a protective layer over sensitive areas of the tooth. Over time, those sharp sensations that occur with extremely cold foods will subside, and you’ll be back to treating yourself to your icy faves like this one!
3) Floss, Rinse, Brush. (And In That Order!): Have you ever heard the saying, “It’s not what you do, but how you do it”? Well, the same thing applies to taking care of your teeth. Even if you are flossing and brushing religiously, you could be missing out on some of the benefits simply because you aren’t doing so in the right order. Flossing is best to do before brushing because it removes food particles and plaque from places your toothbrush can’t reach. After a proper flossing sesh, it is important to rinse out your mouth with water after. Finally, you can whip out your toothbrush and get to brushing. Though many of us commonly rinse with water after brushing to remove excess toothpaste, it may not be the best thing for our teeth. That’s because fluoride, the active ingredient in toothpaste that protects your enamel, works best when it gets to sit on the teeth and continue working its magic. Rinsing with water after brushing doesn’t let the toothpaste go to work like it really can. Changing up your order may take some getting used to, but over time, you’ll see the difference.
4) Stay Hydrated: Upping your water supply is a no-fail way to level up your health overall, and your teeth are no exception to this rule. Drinking water not only helps maintain a healthy pH balance in your mouth, but it also washes away residue and acids that can cause enamel erosion. It also helps you steer clear of dry mouth, which is a gateway to bad breath. And who needs that?
5) Show Your Gums Some Love: When it comes to improving your smile, you may be laser-focused on getting your teeth whiter, straighter, and overall healthier. Rightfully so, as these are all attributes of a megawatt smile; but you certainly don’t want to leave gum health out of the equation. If you neglect your gums, you’ll start to notice the effects of plaque buildup, which can irritate the gums and cause gingivitis, the earliest stage of gum disease. Seeing blood while brushing and flossing is a tell-tale sign that your gums are suffering. You may also experience gum recession — a condition where the gum tissue surrounding your teeth pulls back, exposing more of your tooth. Brushing at least twice a day with a gum-protecting toothpaste like Sensodyne Sensitivity and Gum, coupled with regular dentist visits, will keep your gums shining as bright as those pearly whites.
We all have a dream life that we spend our free time daydreaming about. You know, the one with a loving partner, high-rise apartment, thriving career, and endless abundance. But as much as we can dream about it, there has to be a little extra sprinkle of “magic” to make it become a reality, and that’s when manifestation comes in.
The uptick in manifestation techniques is nothing new to the internet. Since The Secret and the Law of Attraction became available on YouTube in the early 2010s and fast forward to today, where #manifestationtok and #spiritualtok surging in popularity, it’s clear that there are a number of different ways to get what you want out of life with the right action, affirmation, and visualization.
Still, with so many ways to manifest, from scripting to the 3-6-9 Method, it can be hard to know which one to lean into. But there’s one new technique that’s promising to yield “instant results,” and we’re curious about it.
The "I Am Sure" Manifestation
Replying to @A I M E E 🖤 lG: hothighpriestess 🤍 this is the “I am sure” method #iamsuremethod
The “I Am Sure” manifestation gained traction this summer by TikTok creator Sara Perl of @hothighpriestess, who initially introduced the method.
In her original video breaking down the concept, she detailed the steps to use the technique for those looking to “manifest overnight.” To do so, start by stating “I am sure,” followed by “your desired manifestation in the present tense.” If there’s a job, promotion, or text from a crush that you want, then you’d say, “I am sure that I got X job,” or “I am sure that I make a $100K salary.” Repeat this out loud 10 times, or for faster results, write them down on a piece of paper and say it back to yourself whenever the desire comes up.
Using your words and speaking in the present tense, affirmatively, “puts you in the frequency that has that desire,” as Perl states. “We know our thoughts create our reality, but our words create our reality even faster.”
No matter how you choose to manifest your dream life, there’s nothing like channeling a powerful affirmation and some faith to get what you desire. In every instance, though, allow yourself to dismiss any doubt that may try to cloud your hopes in good things coming into your life, and don’t hold too tightly onto the “how” or “when.” Trust the process and know that the “thing” that you desire is just waiting for the perfect time to enter your life.
Let’s make things inbox official! Sign up for the xoNecole newsletter for daily love, wellness, career, and exclusive content delivered straight to your inbox.
Featured image by Tassii/Getty Images