They say the hardest lessons are the ones your soul needs most. In this final episode of season 1, Necole, Amer, and Sheriden reflect on the entirety of 2019. Over a few shots and tears, the squad discusses self-love by not allowing anyone to physically harm or disrespect you, losing jobs to healing from generational trauma, and how they plan to go into 2020 with more intention in their professional and personal lives. These women have had a YEAR but it didn't come without a few painful and eye-opening moments along the way.
Be sure to subscribe and listen on Spotify and Apple Podcasts.
Things you will hear in this episode:
- One of the ladies reveals a recent domestic violence situation with her ex which shocks her co-hosts and sparks conversation on alcohol abuse and the harmful effects of self-medicating
- Tips for removing yourself from a toxic and potentially abusive partner
- The eye-opening lessons each host learned in 2019
- How to date with intention
- Tips on pitching yourself as a writer for xoNecole
- Advice for contacting editors and managing editors for publications
- How to choose the right conferences to attend
Resources mentioned in this episode:
You can connect with us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram at @xohappyhour and use the tag #xohappyhour to join the social convos.
Leave us a voice message on xohappyhour.com to share your story with us or ask a question for a chance to be featured on the show!
Featured image by Giphy