With the Fall Equinox settling in right before October arrives, and the change of seasons of the Earth, the fast moving energies of the summer will be slowing down.
Collectively, we will all be feeling the need to detach from things that don't feel right to us anymore, reflect on where our lives seem to be heading, and become more insular and cognizant of how we are transforming emotionally, physically, and spiritually.
The planetary activity is not as active in the sky as it has been, so for many of us, a feeling of calm, pause, balance, and retreat may be on our spirits.
Scorpio will be the month's MVP! Venus enters a retrograde in Scorpio on the 6th. A new moon illuminates the earth in Libra on the 9th, and Mercury is ready to set things off in Scorpio on the 10th.
There will be 10 days of quick interactions between multiple planets between October 11th through the 22nd, and the planetary movements become more energized with the Sun entering Scorpio on October 23rd. Lastly, a full moon will be arriving in Taurus on October 24th.
Click through the gallery below to see how October is looking for your zodiac sign based on my tarot readings! Also be sure to pre-order your own deck here!
This is your month! In the beginning of October for you, Venus retrograding into your sign will bring on a release of a fear, loss, or blockage that has been holding you back from following your gut feelings when it comes to making a huge choice. This could be a decision about making a physical move, a shift in career, or a leap of faith in another direction. Venus is confident and bold, as she backtracks into inspired and intuitive Scorpio. This could be the push you need to be decisive, committed, and fierce.
Listen to your higher self closely. Follow inner guidance.
There will be a duo of back-to-back energies of the New Moon in Libra and Mercury entering Scorpio that will affect you starting on the 9th and 10th. The New Moon in Libra may reveal to you the places where you have become codependent, reliant, or complacent in an area of life. It will be made very clear and you will likely have to come to terms with it very quickly because Mercury moving into your sign will force accountability. It will be a 1,2 punch of energy that gives you little time to linger.
If you don't process this energy, it could trip you up later in the month.
Near the middle of the month, there is a 10-day surge of energy that may help you act fearlessly, free of ego, care about appearances, or expectations of others. This could be a transformative consecutive string of days that help you get in touch with your inner child and truest self.
And finally, another back-to-back duo of energies caused by the Sun entering Scorpio and a Full Moon in Taurus will excite sexual feelings and desires as the Sun heats up your lust in Scorpio. However you channel this energy is up to you. You might find yourself around someone who turns you on but maybe somehow off limits. The Full Moon in Taurus may bring up any residual energy from that Libra New Moon and Mercury in Scorpio. If you've cleared whatever came up and became more transparent with yourself, then you should easily flourish into November feeling ready.
All astrological Tarotscopes channeled via Melanade Stand's Tarot Cards! For your own Intuitive Channeled Healing Session, follow @Melanade_Stand on IG and send an inquiry via DM! Pre-order your own deck here!
- Your Horoscope For October 2018 - Chatelaine ›
- October Horoscope - October 2018 Monthly Horoscope | SunSigns ... ›
- October 2018 Horoscopes | Family Circle ›
- October 2018 Horoscopes | Family Circle ›
- October 2018 Horoscope - Monthly Horoscope Predictions ›
- October 2018 Horoscope - Monthly Horoscope Predictions ›
- October 2018 Monthly Horoscope ›
- October 2018 Horoscope | Monthly Horoscopes ›
- Your October 2018 Horoscope Is Here | StyleCaster ›
- October 2018 Horoscope Predictions for Each Zodiac Sign | Allure ›
- October 2018 monthly horocope ›
- Your Monthly Horoscope: October, 2018 - Broadly ›
Fontaine Felisha Foxworth is a writer and creative entrepreneur from Brooklyn New York. She is currently on the West Coast working on creating a TV Pilot called "Finding Fontaine", that details the nomadic journey of her life so far. Keep up with her shenanigans @famoustaine on IG.
This article is in partnership with Sensodyne.
Our teeth are connected to so many things - our nutrition, our confidence, and our overall mood. We often take for granted how important healthy teeth are, until issues like tooth sensitivity or gum recession come to remind us. Like most things related to our bodies, prevention is the best medicine. Here are five things you can do immediately to improve your oral hygiene, prevent tooth sensitivity, and avoid dental issues down the road.
1) Go Easy On the Rough Brushing: Brushing your teeth is and always will be priority number one in the oral hygiene department. No surprises there! However, there is such a thing as applying too much pressure when brushing…and that can lead to problems over time. Use a toothbrush with soft bristles and brush in smooth, circular motions. It may seem counterintuitive, but a gentle approach to brushing is the most effective way to clean those pearly whites without wearing away enamel and exposing sensitive areas of the teeth.
2) Use A Desensitizing Toothpaste: As everyone knows, mouth pain can be highly uncomfortable; but tooth sensitivity is a whole different beast. Hot weather favorites like ice cream and popsicles have the ability to trigger tooth sensitivity, which might make you want to stay away from icy foods altogether. But as always, prevention is the best medicine here. Switching to a toothpaste like Sensodyne’s Sensitivity & Gum toothpaste specifically designed for sensitive teeth will help build a protective layer over sensitive areas of the tooth. Over time, those sharp sensations that occur with extremely cold foods will subside, and you’ll be back to treating yourself to your icy faves like this one!
3) Floss, Rinse, Brush. (And In That Order!): Have you ever heard the saying, “It’s not what you do, but how you do it”? Well, the same thing applies to taking care of your teeth. Even if you are flossing and brushing religiously, you could be missing out on some of the benefits simply because you aren’t doing so in the right order. Flossing is best to do before brushing because it removes food particles and plaque from places your toothbrush can’t reach. After a proper flossing sesh, it is important to rinse out your mouth with water after. Finally, you can whip out your toothbrush and get to brushing. Though many of us commonly rinse with water after brushing to remove excess toothpaste, it may not be the best thing for our teeth. That’s because fluoride, the active ingredient in toothpaste that protects your enamel, works best when it gets to sit on the teeth and continue working its magic. Rinsing with water after brushing doesn’t let the toothpaste go to work like it really can. Changing up your order may take some getting used to, but over time, you’ll see the difference.
4) Stay Hydrated: Upping your water supply is a no-fail way to level up your health overall, and your teeth are no exception to this rule. Drinking water not only helps maintain a healthy pH balance in your mouth, but it also washes away residue and acids that can cause enamel erosion. It also helps you steer clear of dry mouth, which is a gateway to bad breath. And who needs that?
5) Show Your Gums Some Love: When it comes to improving your smile, you may be laser-focused on getting your teeth whiter, straighter, and overall healthier. Rightfully so, as these are all attributes of a megawatt smile; but you certainly don’t want to leave gum health out of the equation. If you neglect your gums, you’ll start to notice the effects of plaque buildup, which can irritate the gums and cause gingivitis, the earliest stage of gum disease. Seeing blood while brushing and flossing is a tell-tale sign that your gums are suffering. You may also experience gum recession — a condition where the gum tissue surrounding your teeth pulls back, exposing more of your tooth. Brushing at least twice a day with a gum-protecting toothpaste like Sensodyne Sensitivity and Gum, coupled with regular dentist visits, will keep your gums shining as bright as those pearly whites.
If there’s one part of the face that seems to be the most vexing to correct, it’s the under eyes.
This delicate area has a way of being tipped off by our irregular sleep patterns, stress, and the straining that comes from our computers and phone screens. From puffiness to dark circles, it can be irksome to find the right products to soothe our under-eye concerns. Thankfully, there’s one solution that delivers a brighter and more awakened look over time, and that’s under-eye masks and eye patches.
Eye patches are giving our under-eye bags an eviction notice because they can’t hang our glowing faces rent-free. The beauty of these patches is that they are designed to bring your eyes targeted results through concentrated doses of active ingredients directly to the skin under the eyes. Typically made of thin, gel-like material and infused with ingredients like niacinamide, hyaluronic acid, caffeine, and even green teas, these small but mighty patches depuff your puffiness, brighten your dark circles, or tighten fine lines.
While every under-eye differs in its needs, every eye can benefit from an under-eye mask or patch that suits its concerns. And to help, we’ve put together the best under-eye patches to hydrate, soothe, and brighten your eyes.
The KNC Beauty All Natural Retinol Infused Eye Mask, 5-Pack, is a retinol-infused, all-natural product designed to rejuvenate your eyes. It promises to provide hydration, smoothness, reduced puffiness, and brightness without the use of chemicals. With ingredients like retinol to refine skin texture and stimulate blood flow and aloe to soothe and reduce redness, it's like getting 8 hours of beauty sleep for your eyes.
These cooling hydrogel under-eye masks from Topicals promise to fade the appearance of dark circles and discoloration in just 15 minutes. The set includes six masks and offers benefits that brighten, hydrate, depuff, and cool your under-eye area.
Peter Thomas Roth Potent-C Power Brightening Hydra-Gel Eye Patches
Grab these eye contour gel patches to brighten the eye area and combat signs of aging using a powerful form of vitamin C called THD Ascorbate, which is 50 times more potent than traditional vitamin C.
BeautyBio's Bright Eyes consists of 15 colloidal silver-infused eye gel patches designed to provide instant depuffing, brightening, and revitalization to the delicate eye area within 10 minutes. They also contain natural collagen to help diminish the appearance of fine lines, which we love.
These viral hydrogel masks offer moisture and nourishment to rejuvenate tired-looking skin. Their Snail Secretion Filtrate contains "Mucin," an effective moisturizing ingredient that soothes damaged skin and delivers deep hydration, making it suitable for dehydrated and damaged skin types. Your under-eyes will thank you.
Try these caffeine-infused patches to reduce puffiness in the under-eye area. The product features clean, vegan ingredients such as caffeine, niacinamide, and hyaluronic acid for deep hydration and moisture delivery.
The Forever Eye Mask is designed to be the “last eye mask you'll ever need.” This thin, lightweight, and reusable eye patch can hold gels, serums, and creams close to the skin for better absorption, helping your skincare products work more effectively.
Let’s make things inbox official! Sign up for the xoNecole newsletter for daily love, wellness, career, and exclusive content delivered straight to your inbox.
Featured image by blackCAT/Getty Images