January is an explosive month! 2019 has some huge things going on astrologically, which will either push or pull you in ways that are unexpected. There is a partial lunar eclipse happening this month. Lunar eclipses channel the closure of things and where that is, depends on your Sun sign. Take note of your rising sign as this affects your monthly horoscope as well.
What you do during this month will truly give roots to what happens to you in the summer.
Starting in mid to late December, we started to see major expansion shifts while Jupiter, the planet of abundance and generosity, did a little tap dance through our charts. Now that the new year is here and the effects of Jupiter are more integrated with our lives, we will see even more potentials for growth, learning, and joy. But along with the positive expansions of Jupiter, there will also be some negative push backs from important planetary transits. This can either be the push you need to get up and go, or a reason to stay in your comfort zone. Get ready my lovely sisters! We are off to a great start in the new year!
ARIES & ARIES RISING
Your momentum keeps going at the start of the new year as you seek opportunities to connect with others in a more meaningful and emotional way. This is not just a one-way street though – as others will be attracted to you too as your vibes project out into your surroundings.
Pack your bags Aries! Travel might be the biggest theme for you starting January 7th. Although this travel bug might not end up with you going on your "dream trip", any excuse to get out of your normal routine will do your psyche good. Keep your ears perked for travel opportunities, such as a friend who invites you on a trip or maybe a last-minute chance to visit family.
Any travel during January and early February will result in increasing your opportunities for mind-expanding situations, which will greatly enhance your life going forward.
Has your boss been getting on your nerves lately? Planetary transits are encouraging you to confront your superiors this month. Yet, even though you are feeling quite empowered to confront authority, that doesn't mean you should! Calm your emotions and use your power to instead create a killer life plan to better your productivity or make a well-thought out plan to approach your boss for a raise.
Towards the end of the month is a great time to slow down a bit and spend more time with your friends who may have been feeling left behind as you attack your career and travel plans with wild abandon. In the coming months, you will experience even more of a desire to slow things down and connect with loved ones. This will be very good for your mental health, as you find that your nerves get to take a break while you take a breather.
Featured image by Laci Jordan for xoNecole
- January Horoscope – 2019 Monthly Horoscope – Astrology King ›
- Virgo January 2019 Astrology Horoscope - Inspiring Month Ahead ... ›
- Monthly horoscope December 7, 2018 to January 6, 2019 - Monthly ... ›
- Monthly Horoscope for January 2019 ›
- January 2019 Horoscope - Monthly Horoscope Predictions ›
- January 2019 Horoscope | Monthly Horoscopes ›
- January 2019 Monthly Horoscope ›
- Monthly Horoscope: Libra, January 2019 - Broadly ›
- Your January 2019 Monthly Horoscope ›
- Your Monthly Horoscope: January 2019 - Broadly ›
This article is in partnership with Sensodyne.
Our teeth are connected to so many things - our nutrition, our confidence, and our overall mood. We often take for granted how important healthy teeth are, until issues like tooth sensitivity or gum recession come to remind us. Like most things related to our bodies, prevention is the best medicine. Here are five things you can do immediately to improve your oral hygiene, prevent tooth sensitivity, and avoid dental issues down the road.
1) Go Easy On the Rough Brushing: Brushing your teeth is and always will be priority number one in the oral hygiene department. No surprises there! However, there is such a thing as applying too much pressure when brushing…and that can lead to problems over time. Use a toothbrush with soft bristles and brush in smooth, circular motions. It may seem counterintuitive, but a gentle approach to brushing is the most effective way to clean those pearly whites without wearing away enamel and exposing sensitive areas of the teeth.
2) Use A Desensitizing Toothpaste: As everyone knows, mouth pain can be highly uncomfortable; but tooth sensitivity is a whole different beast. Hot weather favorites like ice cream and popsicles have the ability to trigger tooth sensitivity, which might make you want to stay away from icy foods altogether. But as always, prevention is the best medicine here. Switching to a toothpaste like Sensodyne’s Sensitivity & Gum toothpaste specifically designed for sensitive teeth will help build a protective layer over sensitive areas of the tooth. Over time, those sharp sensations that occur with extremely cold foods will subside, and you’ll be back to treating yourself to your icy faves like this one!
3) Floss, Rinse, Brush. (And In That Order!): Have you ever heard the saying, “It’s not what you do, but how you do it”? Well, the same thing applies to taking care of your teeth. Even if you are flossing and brushing religiously, you could be missing out on some of the benefits simply because you aren’t doing so in the right order. Flossing is best to do before brushing because it removes food particles and plaque from places your toothbrush can’t reach. After a proper flossing sesh, it is important to rinse out your mouth with water after. Finally, you can whip out your toothbrush and get to brushing. Though many of us commonly rinse with water after brushing to remove excess toothpaste, it may not be the best thing for our teeth. That’s because fluoride, the active ingredient in toothpaste that protects your enamel, works best when it gets to sit on the teeth and continue working its magic. Rinsing with water after brushing doesn’t let the toothpaste go to work like it really can. Changing up your order may take some getting used to, but over time, you’ll see the difference.
4) Stay Hydrated: Upping your water supply is a no-fail way to level up your health overall, and your teeth are no exception to this rule. Drinking water not only helps maintain a healthy pH balance in your mouth, but it also washes away residue and acids that can cause enamel erosion. It also helps you steer clear of dry mouth, which is a gateway to bad breath. And who needs that?
5) Show Your Gums Some Love: When it comes to improving your smile, you may be laser-focused on getting your teeth whiter, straighter, and overall healthier. Rightfully so, as these are all attributes of a megawatt smile; but you certainly don’t want to leave gum health out of the equation. If you neglect your gums, you’ll start to notice the effects of plaque buildup, which can irritate the gums and cause gingivitis, the earliest stage of gum disease. Seeing blood while brushing and flossing is a tell-tale sign that your gums are suffering. You may also experience gum recession — a condition where the gum tissue surrounding your teeth pulls back, exposing more of your tooth. Brushing at least twice a day with a gum-protecting toothpaste like Sensodyne Sensitivity and Gum, coupled with regular dentist visits, will keep your gums shining as bright as those pearly whites.
We all have a dream life that we spend our free time daydreaming about. You know, the one with a loving partner, high-rise apartment, thriving career, and endless abundance. But as much as we can dream about it, there has to be a little extra sprinkle of “magic” to make it become a reality, and that’s when manifestation comes in.
The uptick in manifestation techniques is nothing new to the internet. Since The Secret and the Law of Attraction became available on YouTube in the early 2010s and fast forward to today, where #manifestationtok and #spiritualtok surging in popularity, it’s clear that there are a number of different ways to get what you want out of life with the right action, affirmation, and visualization.
Still, with so many ways to manifest, from scripting to the 3-6-9 Method, it can be hard to know which one to lean into. But there’s one new technique that’s promising to yield “instant results,” and we’re curious about it.
The "I Am Sure" Manifestation
Replying to @A I M E E 🖤 lG: hothighpriestess 🤍 this is the “I am sure” method #iamsuremethod
The “I Am Sure” manifestation gained traction this summer by TikTok creator Sara Perl of @hothighpriestess, who initially introduced the method.
In her original video breaking down the concept, she detailed the steps to use the technique for those looking to “manifest overnight.” To do so, start by stating “I am sure,” followed by “your desired manifestation in the present tense.” If there’s a job, promotion, or text from a crush that you want, then you’d say, “I am sure that I got X job,” or “I am sure that I make a $100K salary.” Repeat this out loud 10 times, or for faster results, write them down on a piece of paper and say it back to yourself whenever the desire comes up.
Using your words and speaking in the present tense, affirmatively, “puts you in the frequency that has that desire,” as Perl states. “We know our thoughts create our reality, but our words create our reality even faster.”
No matter how you choose to manifest your dream life, there’s nothing like channeling a powerful affirmation and some faith to get what you desire. In every instance, though, allow yourself to dismiss any doubt that may try to cloud your hopes in good things coming into your life, and don’t hold too tightly onto the “how” or “when.” Trust the process and know that the “thing” that you desire is just waiting for the perfect time to enter your life.
Let’s make things inbox official! Sign up for the xoNecole newsletter for daily love, wellness, career, and exclusive content delivered straight to your inbox.
Featured image by Tassii/Getty Images