Long gone are the days where you can work one job until retirement and be good. Nah. That just ain't gonna cut it these days! Multiple streams of income are imperative if you don't want to end up having to work after retirement because you can't actually afford to be retired. Unfortunately, we see this all too often; people are working well into their old age. Not because it's a choice, but a necessity.
And I'm not necessarily talking about having multiple 'jobs' either. We need to let go of this mentality that says we have to always trade our time for dollars and get on the passive income train. It's time that we work smarter, not harder! There's only so much time in a day sis and all of it can't possibly be dedicated to working.
So what is passive income, you ask? Passive income is coins that you make without putting in much effort or time. Some passive income streams may require you to put in some work/time upfront so that you can get those returns later. For example, let's say that you want to write a book and get it published. It may take you a ton of time to get that book written, packaged, and ready to be sold, but once it's done, all you have to do is collect royalty checks from it going forward. Not all passive income streams require extensive upfront work though!
The beauty of passive income is that since it's not time bound, you can literally make money while you're sleep. Or while you're chillin' and sittin' pretty on a yacht somewhere. Who doesn't like FREEDOM? All right, so here's the tea. Let me share with you 5 ways that you can collect those coins without having to do the most.
5 Passive Income Ideas To Increase Your Cash Flow
1. Affiliate Marketing
Affiliate marketing allows you to earn a commission coin from someone else's products or services. You can literally get paid from your lifestyle. The clothes that you wear? See if there's an affiliate program for the brands you love. The services that you use and swear by? Share it with someone else and get paid. So instead of you using up all of your time, energy, and dollars to create a product, leverage ones that already exist instead.
2. Create Digital Products
Like I mentioned, some passive income requires upfront work but it is totally worth it. These days, you can literally create anything based on your skills and passions and package it up and sell it. For example, I have a debt slay workbook currently on the backend of my website and I continuously get sales coming in without even marketing it. Literally while I sleep! Additionally, if you like to take pictures in your free time, you can put your pictures on stock photography sites and collect royalties when someone downloads your picture. Whatever your thing is, you could be bringing in some extra cash.
3. Real Estate Investing
This right here is a tried and true way of building some decent passive income up. Yeah, it may require some blood, sweat, and tears but those returns can be crazy good. This method does require some upfront capital but there are a ton of programs out there that can help you get started with securing your first rental property. An awesome resource to get started on the road to freedom through ownership is The Key Resource.
Not quite ready to dive into it full throttle? If you have any spare rooms at your home, consider renting them out on Airbnb and other sites! Or you can even rent your home each time you're away (visiting parents, friends, vacations, etc.). There will be a nice chunk of change waiting for you when you return!
Not limited to Airbnb, you can rent out a parking space too, depending on your location you can make an extra $50-200. You can also rent out your car on sites like Turo. Instead of it sitting in your driveway, you could be making some extra cash with little effort on your part!
4. Dropshipping Store
You can create a retail store where you don't hold any inventory or have to ship anything out yourself. You can have your orders fulfilled through a third party dropshipper. It allows you to create income without dishing out many startup costs. You can sell clothes, household goods, accessories, and so much more.
5. Peer-to-peer lending (P2P)
The popularity of P2P lending has continued to grow over the years. Sites like the Lending Club connects borrowers with investors through an online marketplace. You as a lender receive interest and get your money back when the loan is repaid. Investors have access to consumer credit, which can give then the opportunity to earn competitive returns. This can be risky business, so for a smaller/safer return, use peer to peer lending sites such as Fat Lama to rent/lend out items you own instead!
BONUS: Get that debt paid off, boo.
Once you start freeing up those coins that you were putting towards paying off Sallie, Navient and the rest of them, you can funnel more into investing and other wealth generating activities. You'll be able to work towards financial independence at a much quicker rate due to having less monthly expenses.
There's no excuses not to be utilizing your God-given talents or intelligence to flip that money into more money and get it poppin!
Featured image by Shutterstock
Originally published on October 24, 2018
- 3 Cryptocurrencies To Earn You Money While You Sleep — Part 2 ›
- 4 Ways to Earn a Truly Passive Income - ZING Blog by Quicken ... ›
- How I Earn Passive Income as an Artist — CatCoq ›
- Ranking The Best Passive Income Investments ›
- Residual Income ›
- 45+ Proven Wealth-Building Passive Income Ideas (2018) ›
- Passive Income Streams: How To Make Passive Income | Bankrate ... ›
- Passive Income Ideas: 27 You Can Start Today [in 5 minutes or less] ›
- 3 Ways To Earn $50,000 Per Year In Passive Income [Without a Day ... ›
Kristin Sutton (aka the Money Therapist) is a personal finance and lifestyle blogger/coach over at DebtFreeBlackGirl.com that empowers young women to take control of their finances by changing the way they think about money. As a licensed therapist, her daily mission is to uncover and eliminate the mental roadblocks that hinder people from living the life of their dreams. You can find her on all things social: @DebtFreeBlkGrl
This article is in partnership with Sensodyne.
Our teeth are connected to so many things - our nutrition, our confidence, and our overall mood. We often take for granted how important healthy teeth are, until issues like tooth sensitivity or gum recession come to remind us. Like most things related to our bodies, prevention is the best medicine. Here are five things you can do immediately to improve your oral hygiene, prevent tooth sensitivity, and avoid dental issues down the road.
1) Go Easy On the Rough Brushing: Brushing your teeth is and always will be priority number one in the oral hygiene department. No surprises there! However, there is such a thing as applying too much pressure when brushing…and that can lead to problems over time. Use a toothbrush with soft bristles and brush in smooth, circular motions. It may seem counterintuitive, but a gentle approach to brushing is the most effective way to clean those pearly whites without wearing away enamel and exposing sensitive areas of the teeth.
2) Use A Desensitizing Toothpaste: As everyone knows, mouth pain can be highly uncomfortable; but tooth sensitivity is a whole different beast. Hot weather favorites like ice cream and popsicles have the ability to trigger tooth sensitivity, which might make you want to stay away from icy foods altogether. But as always, prevention is the best medicine here. Switching to a toothpaste like Sensodyne’s Sensitivity & Gum toothpaste specifically designed for sensitive teeth will help build a protective layer over sensitive areas of the tooth. Over time, those sharp sensations that occur with extremely cold foods will subside, and you’ll be back to treating yourself to your icy faves like this one!
3) Floss, Rinse, Brush. (And In That Order!): Have you ever heard the saying, “It’s not what you do, but how you do it”? Well, the same thing applies to taking care of your teeth. Even if you are flossing and brushing religiously, you could be missing out on some of the benefits simply because you aren’t doing so in the right order. Flossing is best to do before brushing because it removes food particles and plaque from places your toothbrush can’t reach. After a proper flossing sesh, it is important to rinse out your mouth with water after. Finally, you can whip out your toothbrush and get to brushing. Though many of us commonly rinse with water after brushing to remove excess toothpaste, it may not be the best thing for our teeth. That’s because fluoride, the active ingredient in toothpaste that protects your enamel, works best when it gets to sit on the teeth and continue working its magic. Rinsing with water after brushing doesn’t let the toothpaste go to work like it really can. Changing up your order may take some getting used to, but over time, you’ll see the difference.
4) Stay Hydrated: Upping your water supply is a no-fail way to level up your health overall, and your teeth are no exception to this rule. Drinking water not only helps maintain a healthy pH balance in your mouth, but it also washes away residue and acids that can cause enamel erosion. It also helps you steer clear of dry mouth, which is a gateway to bad breath. And who needs that?
5) Show Your Gums Some Love: When it comes to improving your smile, you may be laser-focused on getting your teeth whiter, straighter, and overall healthier. Rightfully so, as these are all attributes of a megawatt smile; but you certainly don’t want to leave gum health out of the equation. If you neglect your gums, you’ll start to notice the effects of plaque buildup, which can irritate the gums and cause gingivitis, the earliest stage of gum disease. Seeing blood while brushing and flossing is a tell-tale sign that your gums are suffering. You may also experience gum recession — a condition where the gum tissue surrounding your teeth pulls back, exposing more of your tooth. Brushing at least twice a day with a gum-protecting toothpaste like Sensodyne Sensitivity and Gum, coupled with regular dentist visits, will keep your gums shining as bright as those pearly whites.
The Libra woman and Aries man are the divine feminine and divine masculine, coming together as one. The love compatibility between these two is one for the books. These two are opposite signs, however, their differences tend to complement each other well. This is a dynamic relationship where they know how to have a lot of fun together, but also aren’t afraid to deal with the more serious stuff that comes with a relationship.
The Libra woman is looking for her equal in love, someone who is willing to put in the same effort she is, and the Aries man sees Libra as someone he is willing to do that with.
The Love Compatibility Of A Libra Woman And An Aries Man
What attracts a Libra woman and an Aries man to each other?
There is a magnet of attraction pulling these two together, and things tend to move pretty fast in this relationship. The Libra woman is always open to love and her charming nature rarely has any challenges here. The Aries man fights for his independence and doesn’t sacrifice that unless he is completely enamored with someone.
Once the Aries man catches the eye of the Libra woman, he is typically the one to make the first move and this instantly wins the approval of Libra.
These two feel like they have known each other forever when they meet, and this spark between them doesn’t die down easily.
Hero Images Inc/Getty Images
What is the relationship like between a Libra woman and an Aries man?
The relationship between the Libra woman and the Aries man is one of balance and excitement. The Aries man tends to take on the more dominant role in this relationship and the Libra woman tends to be the more receptive one. Aries is ruled by masculine Mars, and Libra is ruled by feminine Venus. They understand they are coming from two completely different worlds, yet they also instinctively feel this underlying connection to each other and like they could be something each other needs in their lives.
The Libra woman can rely on the Aries man, and the Aries man never has to ask for the love that Libra already knows he needs.
This is a couple that is often reading each other’s minds and wanting to do a lot of the same things. However, not everything is rainbow in this relationship as well, and there are some major differences they have to overcome to make things work. One argument can lead to an explosion between these two, and addressing things when they come up rather than sweeping them under the rug, will be needed to make this relationship long-term.
What is the sex like between a Libra woman and an Aries man?
The sex between a Libra woman and an Aries man is adventurous. These are two cardinal signs with plenty of energy and stamina to keep things exciting in the bedroom. There tends to be a good give and take in this relationship, and their yin and yang energy benefits them when it comes to their sex life.
There is electricity felt between the two of them in this area of their life, and their power of attraction to each other is strong. These are two people who will want to do a lot of things together, including exploring sexually together.
The Aries man will have to be careful with being overly aggressive, however, as the soft Libra woman may not like this energy- it will completely depend on the two individuals at hand. The Libra woman wants to ease into things, the Aries man wants to get going right away. Learning about each other's bodies, and energy, and reading each other’s cues will help with this.
Petri Oeschger/Getty Images
What makes a relationship between a Libra woman and an Aries man work?
These two genuinely like each other, and that basis is a key factor for success in any relationship. The Aries man is straight to the point, direct, and inspired. The Libra woman admires these characteristics in others, as she is often herself finding her balance in this type of energy as well. Neither sign is overly emotional in a way that turns them off, and they both require a lot of the same things in a committed relationship. They want honesty, fun, good communication, passion, and to be moving towards a common goal together.
The Libra woman and Aries man don’t have a problem being real with each other and this is something they really value within the relationship. They are both very charming, and there is plenty of flirtation and attraction to keep this relationship going. Aries being the protector they are, Libra finds a sense of safety and ease in this energy, and like they have found their match. Overall, this is a well-balanced relationship and one where they don’t have a problem when it comes to compatibility or chemistry in the relationship.
What may cause a Libra woman and an Aries man to break up?
Libra is the lover, Aries is the fighter, and this energy may be tiring for the both of them after time. The Libra woman can be passive to a fault, and the Aries man who is not evolved, may take advantage of that. She will need to be careful with putting Aries’ needs above her own, creating resentment later down the road. The Aries man loves a challenge, and the Libra woman would be up for that game for a little bit, but if she is not being met in the middle, she will begin to look for other places. These two can have a difficult time keeping the peace in the relationship, and there could be a lot of arguments and disagreements here if they both aren’t willing to put their egos or self-pleasing attitudes to the side.
The Libra woman and Aries man are both more sensitive than they appear or come off as. They are also not necessarily the type to dive deep into their emotions and express them to others, even in their relationships. However, this energy can keep the relationship to a surface level than what is needed to progress and grow the relationship, and a sense of openness is required for this couple to work. Libra needs romance, she wants to be wowed. Aries needs to remember this and to always consider her love language.
Overall, this is a successful pairing. They will have their fair share of challenges in the relationship, but nothing they can’t overcome if they are willing to. The trouble will come in when it comes to the longevity of the relationship, keeping Aries excited and Libra in love. However, all in all, there is more power, attraction, and love to keep this relationship together rather than apart. No relationship is perfect, but this one is a little more blessed than most.
Let’s make things inbox official! Sign up for the xoNecole newsletter for daily love, wellness, career, and exclusive content delivered straight to your inbox.
Featured image by Weekend Images Inc./Getty Images