When Channing Tatum appeared in the feature film Magic Mike in 2012, drawers across America were drenched and the idea of a male adult entertainer was redefined. Not only did the film inspire a Broadway show and an all-male Vegas revue, but it also provided one young man from Baton Rouge, Louisiana the opportunity to live out his dreams in a way he could have never imagined.
Jeremy Denzel is a 24-year-old creative who recently celebrated his 1,000th show as a performer at the Las Vegas show, Magic Mike: Live. He's a Cancer, he's a dancer, and most importantly, he has a heart of gold. Since joining the show two years ago, Jeremy has appeared on Ellen, This Is Us and Atlanta; but you probably know him from his hilarious part in the popular Netflix film, Step Sisters.
xoNecole had the opportunity to sit down with this sexual piece of chocolate, who opened up about love, life, and navigating his career as a male entertainer.
What inspired you to start dancing?
My favorite dance movies were You Got Served, Stomp The Yard, and stuff like that. So I would be home alone in front of the TV, sweating with a hat on and dancing, trying to recreate the moves. It's crazy because the movie Step Up came out, and my boy Channing [Tatum] was in there. And he was a kid from the streets, which I can relate to. And he liked to dance, which I can also relate to. And in the movie, he transitions into this refined dancer by taking dance classes. He took dance lessons in the movie and then that turned him into a better dancer, a better person. So after seeing that, me and my friends, we decided to take our first dance class, and we signed up for classes in the seventh grade and that was the first dance class I've ever taken.
So, it's like now I work for him. It's like I took my first dance class, and now I work for the guy. It's crazy to see a full circle like that happen.
I saw in a previous interview you said that you actually met your girlfriend at a show, how did that go down?
I was dancing. She had a friend who was a fan of the show and they all came to the show. So we're like, all right, we know they're there in the house. So I was walking through -- and this is a certain part of the show where we will lapdance women -- and I'm just walking minding my own business.
And this woman out of nowhere grabs my arm and just stares in my eyes and says, "Don't neglect me" in the sexiest voice ever. And I'm like, "Okay."
She posted on her Instagram story, her cooking some gumbo and I was like, I don't know what this southside Chicago girl knows about cooking gumbo. So I sent her a message. And was like, you don't know how to cook gumbo. And it turns out she does know how to cook gumbo and we been going ever since so, I was wrong.
Does your career as a male entertainer affect your relationship?
I think we had a great start because she already knew what my life kind of entailed. And there is a level of comfortability and trust that you have to have with a partner going into something like this. And I thought like a million times, what if it's the other way around? I mean, I met her doing that, why would I have a problem with it now? And she has that approach to it and it's never been a problem.
She comes to the show a lot, she sees me showing other women love, but that's part of my job and she knows it makes everybody feel good. [It's] just [about] being able to separate my job from just us.
How long have you two been together?
Almost a year. Last year, we made it official at her sister's wedding. That was cool.
Wow, that's romantic AF. So are you just a romantic guy at heart or does that come with the job?
I have learned some things from the job now that I think about. Well, there is a skill to it and in the process of doing this show, I would say you adapt to the life. You've listened to women enough to get a good understanding of what they might like. And since our jobs are so tailored towards pleasing women, I guess my life is tailored towards what can I do that she would appreciate.
"You adapt to the life. You've listened to women enough to get a good understanding of what they might like. Our jobs are so tailored towards pleasing women."
What are some ways that you show your partner she’s special to you?
Well, I give her a lot of massages. Like I rub her feet a lot, I'm jealous how many foot rubs she gets. After some shows, I might get her some flowers or bring something home and let her know I thought about her. Just that constant reminder because people like when you at least try, or where you show that you think about them, especially when they're your significant other. Like just that constant reminder or learning their love languages and knowing what makes them feel good.
Speaking of, what’s your love language?
I'm into physical touch and I love laughing. Laughing is my favorite thing to do. Come on. Someone I can have a laugh with about anything. If we can laugh all day and then I like being around you all day, that means you make me feel good. I don't think you can be pissed off and laugh. I think that's hard to do -- laugh with someone you don't like.
So what’s the first thing you notice about a woman when she walks in a room?
Body language, I think that's an important one. If we're talking about attraction, then body language, confidence, and their demeanor. I think it has to deal with body language and attitude for me because I think the sexiest thing you can be is confident, and that goes from whatever kind of body type you have, whatever kind of person you are, if you're confident, I think that goes a long way.
"I think the sexiest thing you can be is confident, and that goes from whatever kind of body type you have, whatever kind of person you are, if you're confident, I think that goes a long way."
What’s does the perfect date look like for you?
I would say out to eat may be a nice one or like going outside, going to see something, walk and talk. But it also depends on what kind of day you're trying to have.
Well, what about you? What day are you trying to have?
I would probably go to an escape room or something. You ever been to an escape room?
No, but I’ve heard of it! Why an escape room?
Okay, well you're locked inside of a room with people and you have to figure out how to get out of this room. I think you can tell a lot about a person once you put them in a room and lock them inside of it and then they have to find the way out. We did that on one of our first dates.
You can see whether this person is not great under pressure or whether they yell a lot at you. You get a good scope of the land. How will they react in other situations like this and how much longer can we do this? And it's fun, you laugh a lot.
How important is sex in a relationship to you?
It's very important, there's no other way to put it. Especially if you're trying to settle down with one person, right? You got to find ways to keep it interesting and I think when the love and comfortability are there, then I think that's the best it gets.
Can you have love without sex?
You can have love without sex, but sex helps.
"You can have love without sex, but sex helps."
What are your deal breakers in a relationship?
Bad hygiene. I think as a human being, everybody should have good hygiene. I mean, I think that's the least you can do for people around you, is just have good hygiene. I think that should be like one thing that shows that you respect people is that you smell good; that you respect yourself.
Do you see marriage or children in your future?
As a southern boy, It's kind of like my Cinderella Story. I one day want to have a family and get married. Just having a nice house on a piece of land, raising a family. Maybe having an animal or two, I don't know which animal yet, but get a few dogs, have a horse; but also be in a space where I'm still creating art or doing whatever I love at the same time.
You can keep up with this hunky entertainer by checking out his Instagram and Facebook pages and make sure to add going to Vegas to see Magic Mike: Live to your bucket list ASAP. You might even leave with a man as fine as Jeremy!
Featured image courtesy of Victor Anthony.
Taylor "Pretty" Honore is a spiritually centered and equally provocative rapper from Baton Rouge, Louisiana with a love for people and storytelling. You can probably find me planting herbs in your local community garden, blasting "Back That Thang Up" from my mini speaker. Let's get to know each other: @prettyhonore.
This article is in partnership with Sensodyne.
Our teeth are connected to so many things - our nutrition, our confidence, and our overall mood. We often take for granted how important healthy teeth are, until issues like tooth sensitivity or gum recession come to remind us. Like most things related to our bodies, prevention is the best medicine. Here are five things you can do immediately to improve your oral hygiene, prevent tooth sensitivity, and avoid dental issues down the road.
1) Go Easy On the Rough Brushing: Brushing your teeth is and always will be priority number one in the oral hygiene department. No surprises there! However, there is such a thing as applying too much pressure when brushing…and that can lead to problems over time. Use a toothbrush with soft bristles and brush in smooth, circular motions. It may seem counterintuitive, but a gentle approach to brushing is the most effective way to clean those pearly whites without wearing away enamel and exposing sensitive areas of the teeth.
2) Use A Desensitizing Toothpaste: As everyone knows, mouth pain can be highly uncomfortable; but tooth sensitivity is a whole different beast. Hot weather favorites like ice cream and popsicles have the ability to trigger tooth sensitivity, which might make you want to stay away from icy foods altogether. But as always, prevention is the best medicine here. Switching to a toothpaste like Sensodyne’s Sensitivity & Gum toothpaste specifically designed for sensitive teeth will help build a protective layer over sensitive areas of the tooth. Over time, those sharp sensations that occur with extremely cold foods will subside, and you’ll be back to treating yourself to your icy faves like this one!
3) Floss, Rinse, Brush. (And In That Order!): Have you ever heard the saying, “It’s not what you do, but how you do it”? Well, the same thing applies to taking care of your teeth. Even if you are flossing and brushing religiously, you could be missing out on some of the benefits simply because you aren’t doing so in the right order. Flossing is best to do before brushing because it removes food particles and plaque from places your toothbrush can’t reach. After a proper flossing sesh, it is important to rinse out your mouth with water after. Finally, you can whip out your toothbrush and get to brushing. Though many of us commonly rinse with water after brushing to remove excess toothpaste, it may not be the best thing for our teeth. That’s because fluoride, the active ingredient in toothpaste that protects your enamel, works best when it gets to sit on the teeth and continue working its magic. Rinsing with water after brushing doesn’t let the toothpaste go to work like it really can. Changing up your order may take some getting used to, but over time, you’ll see the difference.
4) Stay Hydrated: Upping your water supply is a no-fail way to level up your health overall, and your teeth are no exception to this rule. Drinking water not only helps maintain a healthy pH balance in your mouth, but it also washes away residue and acids that can cause enamel erosion. It also helps you steer clear of dry mouth, which is a gateway to bad breath. And who needs that?
5) Show Your Gums Some Love: When it comes to improving your smile, you may be laser-focused on getting your teeth whiter, straighter, and overall healthier. Rightfully so, as these are all attributes of a megawatt smile; but you certainly don’t want to leave gum health out of the equation. If you neglect your gums, you’ll start to notice the effects of plaque buildup, which can irritate the gums and cause gingivitis, the earliest stage of gum disease. Seeing blood while brushing and flossing is a tell-tale sign that your gums are suffering. You may also experience gum recession — a condition where the gum tissue surrounding your teeth pulls back, exposing more of your tooth. Brushing at least twice a day with a gum-protecting toothpaste like Sensodyne Sensitivity and Gum, coupled with regular dentist visits, will keep your gums shining as bright as those pearly whites.
An author by the name of Alexandra Katehakis once said this about orgasms: “Great spiritual teachers throughout the ages have stated that orgasm is the closest some people come to a spiritual experience because of the momentary loss of self. Why is this true? Because with spiritual sex, you move beyond orgasm into a connection with yourself, your partner, and the divine — recognizing them all as one.”
If it’s counterintuitive to what you’ve ever thought about orgasms, believe it or not, there are even pastors who have said that climaxing is the closest comprehension of heaven on this side of it: it is an extreme kind of bliss that is indescribable and is best experienced between two people who share a sacrificial kind of love for one another.
Although this might seem like a heavy way to intro this particular topic, because the O Method is an orgasm-achieving technique that centers around housing energy, embracing the mental practice of manifestation, and the attempt to achieve the best climaxes ever — it all works together pretty well if you ask me. If you want to take your orgasms to the next level, it’s important that you get out of yourself (to a certain extent), that you see the spiritual role that manifestation plays, and that you are open to trying new things. No doubt about it.
So, let’s learn more about what the O Method is all about and how it very well could be just what you’ve been looking for…even if you didn’t know it.
What Is the “O Method” All About?Giphy
Question: When’s the last time you’ve had an orgasm? Not just any orgasm — I mean a really mind-blowing one (I’ll give you a second to think about it). Now, what if you could manifest that experience to the point where it wasn’t a rare occurrence but something that happened almost every time that you and your partner had sex with each other? How absolutely awesome would that be?
That is pretty much what the O Method is all about — helping you achieve the kind of orgasms (and sexual pleasure, in general) that you desire through the practice of manifestation. And since your biggest sex organ is your brain, it would make perfect sense that even with all of the tips and techniques that you might learn to do as far as your body is concerned, honing in on what you think about is super imperative to sexual fulfillment, too. And that’s just where manifestation comes in.
What If You’ve Never “Manifested” Anything Before?Giphy
Before we get into a quick lesson on manifestation, I think it’s important to mention two things. One, for the cynics, there is a lot of truth in the fact that it’s got some solid spiritual basis to it because even the Good Book says that as a man thinketh in his heart, so is he (Proverbs 23:7). At the same time, that same Good Book tells us that faith without works is dead (James 2:14-26). So, while it is always a good idea to focus on good, positive, and productive thoughts, just thinking about them isn’t enough — at some point, you’ve also gotta get out here and DO something (bookmark that).
Okay, with that mini-sermon out of the way, whether it’s in the bedroom or not, manifestation is basically about focusing on something tangible that you desire, harnessing your energy in such a way that your words and actions are directed towards that longing until what you want, well, manifests. For the record, aside from this having a spiritual backing to it, in many ways, science cosigns on manifesting, too. There is actually a scientific process known as neuroplasticity that consists of reframing your mind so that your actions ultimately end up aligning with your goals — and that is another way to look at manifestation.
So, what if you’re someone who has never set out to do a manifestation practice before? No worries. Something that’s awesome about it is there are several different approaches that you can take.
Some people manifest what they want in their lives via:
- Visualization/Creating vision boards
- Writing down their desires before going to bed (so that they can “download” them into their dream state)
- Creating mantras and affirmations
- Applying the 369 Manifestation Method (you can learn more about that here)
- Learning more about what you want to manifest (which brings forth clarity)
This is important to keep in mind because, when it comes to manifesting the types of orgasms that you want to have, as you can see, you can try different manifestation methods until you find one (or ones) that you are truly comfortable with. One that can ease you into the entire process rather smoothly is something known as sex journaling.
How Sex Journaling Can Actually Help You to Have an OrgasmGiphy
As a writer, I’m a big fan of journaling. Mostly because it’s a way to get out some of your deepest thoughts and feelings so that you’re able to really process what is happening inside of you in a private setting. And when it comes to sex journaling, specifically, it’s all about centering yourself on the things sexually that you want to “unpack,” get clarity on or come to some revelations about. For instance, if there’s only been one partner from your past who’s been able to help you achieve the type of orgasms that you wish to manifest, journaling about what makes him different from the other guys can provide you with some solid ah-ha moments.
Or if you need help getting as specific as possible about the sexual experiences that you’re after, journaling can help to make that happen for you — because one thing that manifesting reminds us all to do is be as specific as possible.
Yeah, simply saying, “I want to have better sex” isn’t detailed enough when you want to get your energy to match with your desires — instead, describe how all of your senses should feel in the experience, along with why, that can get you so much closer to achieving your goal. Once those things are documented, you can segue into creating mantras and/or meditation that are based on them. Yeah, sex journaling really is an underrated superpower on a lot of levels (check out “The Art Of Sex Journaling (And Why You Should Do It)”).
5 Tips for Making the O Method Work for YouGiphy
Now that you know more about what the O Method is and how manifestation plays a direct role in its process, let’s talk about five ways to make the O Method truly effective in your own (sex) life.
1. Focus, FULLY, on your feminine energy. What do rose quartz, amethyst, moonstone (which is a Gemini birthstone as well; yes, I’m a Gemini), selenite, and rhodonite all have in common? They’re crystals that help you to go deeper into your divine feminine energy. Traits that are associated with this include compassion, creativity, kindness, gentleness, and sensuality (feminine energy is also accepting and forgiving). If you were to study energy from a biological standpoint, it’s about producing change, responding to stimuli, and having the ability to do what needs to be done (work). So, when it comes to manifesting the kind of orgasms or sexual experiences that you want, using things like your creativity and gentleness in your thoughts and actions can play a role in bringing balance to your partner’s masculinity, which can create a profound sense of pleasure — after all, opposites do attract.
2. Don’t hold back on what it is that you desire. Whenever I interview sex therapists, something that they all say is, a huge mistake that people make as far as sexual satisfaction is concerned is, they have walls up — not just with their partners but even within themselves. Sometimes, there is intimidation, fear, or even shame around what they really want to happen during sex to the point where they aren’t able to channel their energy fully in those directions in order to manifest what they want. For the O Method to work, you can’t let those types of negative emotions hinder you; the more you are able to articulate what you want and how you want it, the better chance you have of making it happen. So yes, get graphic. As graphic as possible.
3. Make manifestation a daily practice. Repetition is important when it comes to manifestation. That’s because the more you declare what you desire (a mantra), get still and think on it (meditation), or look at the “art” that you’ve created surrounding it (visualization), the quicker it becomes a part of you. So yes, make manifestation a daily practice. For instance, if one of your mantras is, “I am going to have intensely passionate orgasms, one right after the other,” don’t just state that 15 minutes before sex is going to happen. Wake up and declare it. Then say it on your lunch break. And again before turning in. The more your thoughts are “streamlined” in this way, the easier it will be for your body to follow suit.
4. Share this practice with your partner. If you were to do even more research on the O Method, one thing that most of the articles will mention is it’s a practice that you can do alone or with your partner. Indeed. However, I just want to make sure that you get into your psyche that great sex is, in part, about good communication. And so, the more comfortable you are sharing with your partner what you are doing as far as the O Method is concerned and what you ultimately want to happen as a result of the practice, the easier it will be for him to “match your energy” — both in and out of the bedroom. And when your partner is on the same page as you? That definitely increases the chances of attaining your sexual desires — exponentially so.
5. Stay in the moment. While I was reading one article on manifestation, I really appreciated something that the author said: manifestation isn’t some supernatural power. In other words, while it can be beneficial, it’s not like you can just think of something, and it instantly appears out of nowhere. Manifesting is a discipline, and it must be accompanied by action, consistency, and patience — this means that you must also practice mindfulness. Meaning, now that you know better what you’re looking to achieve as far as sex is concerned, every time that it transpires, maintain a level of positive energy, remember what your end goal is, and then determine in your mind to enjoy the moments as they come. Remember, manifestation isn’t to add stress…it’s to cultivate clarity.
At the end of the day, the O Method is simply a way of reminding you that your mind plays a huge role in your sexual pleasure, and when you channel it and your energy exactly where you want them both to go, you’ll be amazed what your body is capable of doing…and accomplishing.
So, what kind of orgasm are you wanting to achieve? You’ve got a tool to get you there. USE IT.
Let’s make things inbox official! Sign up for the xoNecole newsletter for daily love, wellness, career, and exclusive content delivered straight to your inbox.
Featured image by Giphy