I think we can all relate to Tyga and Curtis Roach's "Bored in the House" hit. It's quickly become the anthem for the mandated quarantine that none of us saw coming. I have to admit, as an introvert, I thought I would smash this season and happily balance working from home and rest with no problem. But instead, I found myself laying on the couch thinking I'm going crazy, as the days turned into weeks, and the weeks turned into unthinkable months.
But Bishop Tyga inspired me to just make the best of the situation. While each of us is navigating through this season differently, we can't escape the fact that we're bored in the house, bored in the house, bored.
1. Dance with your favorite celeb: We're still waiting on Debbie Allen's next virtual dance class!
2. Tackle a 1,000-piece puzzle: There's no shame in pulling out your childhood self (it can actually be therapeutic).
3. Perfect your chef-ness:Has there ever been a better time for trial and error recipes?
4. Master cornrows: If this season has proven anything, it's the need to know how to do cornrows (our wigs, crochet hairstyles, and scalps will thank us).
5. Refresh your face with a clay mask:Skincare is still vital when we're indoors. Make sure you end the quarantine with smooth, glowing and healthy skin.
6. Remove your artificial nails (and/or give yourself a mani): Grab some 100% acetone, a nail file and get going! When you're done, refresh your nails with a strengthener/hardener.
7. Do the #SavageChallenge on TikTok: Might as well join the club, sis.
8. Start a YouTube channel: We're all online anyway. Why not document these moments with the vlog you've been wanting to start since… forever?
9. Get help via teletherapy: Everyone is handling this time at home differently. Fortunately, therapists are still on-call if you need to talk things out.
10. Take an online workout class: While our Netflix and chill status is going strong, we still need to keep our bodies moving.
11. Switch out your wardrobe: When we first started this journey, winter was still going strong in some areas. By the time we get to go back outside, it'll be spring (maybe even closer to summer). So let's update that wardrobe.
12. Get your spirit right with a Bible study: This quarantine can be much worse if we don't feed our spirit and build our faith. Doing a Bible study daily or weekly can bring much-needed encouragement.
13. Become a pro at applying lashes: Girl! If there was ever a time we've been graced to fix this, it's now. 'Cause Lord knows it takes forever to get this right.
14. Have a Netflix watch party via Zoom: Our interactions don't have to stop just because it feels like the world did.
15. Do the big chop: You'll be walking out of quarantine empowered! Plus, you have plenty of time to figure out what works best for you.
16. Tap into your green thumb: Plant a garden, sis! It'll water your mental state and your home. Don't forget your face mask and gloves.
17. Get into calligraphy: Press "Go" on those random habits you've been wanting to start.
18. Download a mental health app:From anxiety to stress and adjusting to our new normal, mental health apps have the capacity to help keep us on track.
19. Fall in love with a new podcast: They've been proven to bring us together, whether it's for entertainment, inspiration, girl talk, or all of the above.
20. Curl up with a book: It wouldn't hurt to grab a journal too!
21. Binge-watch Nailed It!: It brings much-needed laughs, to say the least.
22. Knit something! You might end up with your own clothing line.
23. Go to an IG quarantine party: From DJ D-Nice changing the game with his Club Quarantine to the Verzuz battles featuring the likes of Lil John v. T-Pain and Swizz Beatz v. Timbaland, Instagram parties have plenty to offer.
24. Paint a picture/grab a coloring book: We're all about getting through quarantine sane, and by any means necessary; especially for those with kids at home.
25. Play Monopoly: This classic made its way back into our homes long before the quarantine. But anyone who's played knows that one game lasts long enough to keep everyone entertained for hours at a time.
26. Plan your next trip: One of the best things to do while inside, is to make a plan for where you want to go when it's over. No place is too big or small (unless it's around the corner).
27. Indulge in cocktail therapy: We can't mix and mingle, but you sure can mix that cocktail, love.
28. Create a vision board: Whether you're spending this time resting, on your grind, or both, it's not to let to map out your dreams and desires with a good old vision board.
Want more stories like this? Sign up for our newsletter here to receive our latest articles and news straight to your inbox.
Featured image by Shutterstock