Taraji P. Henson has been looking like she was 25 since she was 32 and now, a year shy of 50, the actress formerly known as Cookie is still our forever skincare goals and the Empire star recently dropped the details on how to access the Fountain of Youth and have you looking like a whole snack at any stage of your life.
In a recent episode of Vogue's "Beauty Secrets", Taraji shared the jet setter-friendly morning routine that keeps her skin on ten at all times and xoNecole has all the details. According to Taraji, along with a $400 eye cream, this $8 charcoal face wash has been a staple in her daily skincare routine:
"I clean my face with Biore. It's charcoal, it gets the job done. I like a face cleanser that suds up because to me, in my mind, it's mental. It feels like it's doing something and cleaning."
The actress says that with the help of her specially-curated haircare line, she's able to keep her scalp so fresh (and so clean, clean) and has therefore been able to simplify her morning routine and prevent breakouts before they're able to form.
"That's all I've been doing, all these years, with an occasional facial, here and there."
In the video, Taraji also opened up about her love for all things beauty and revealed that if she hadn't made it big in acting, Taraji would have probably been one of the dopest cosmetologists in the beauty industry:
"Those who know me from way back in the day knew this about me. I would've gone into cosmetology and I think God intervened because I was late for enrollment and that was directly after I was not accepted into the performing arts high school. And I thought that because I wasn't accepted that, that meant I didn't have talent. So I was like, well off to cosmetology school. And then God blocked that. I finally found my way back to school for acting. And then I still stayed. I still was doing hair because I needed money. So I was doing $20 wet sets in the dorm."
After giving us the tea on how she keeps her both her curls and her skin hydrated AF, Taraji proceeded to give us a tutorial for the fresh-faced beat you didn't know you needed. Featuring products from Fenty, BECCA, and Kat Von D., Taraji P. Henson walked us through her unconventionally low-maintenance morning routine and spilled this must-have beauty hack for women who need to get fly on the fly:
"I just flew today. I got off an airplane. You can get a little puffy and sometimes it creates dark circles. For me, I like to use a hydrating eye serum. I actually take more care of my skin when I travel because I feel like my skin needs more attention to make sure it gets it all in. And they also have a lip serum too. You just have to stay hydrated when you fly because oh, that airplane and recycled air are not good [for your skin] at all."
For Taraji's full morning routine, scroll below!
Featured image by Instagram/@tarajiphenson.
- Taraji P. Henson Says Your Circle Could Be Sabotaging Your ... ›
- Taraji P Henson Launched A New Haircare Line - xoNecole ... ›
- Taraji P. Henson Drops The Details On Her Favorite Beauty Products ›
- 12 Easy DIY Beauty Tips - xoNecole: Women's Interest, Love, Wellness, Beauty ›
- Cheap DIY Beauty Tips That Will Change Your Life - xoNecole: Women's Interest, Love, Wellness, Beauty ›
- The 5 Beauty Products Taraji P. Henson Swears By | InStyle.com ›
- Taraji P. Henson's Guide to Defined Curls and Post-Flight Skin Care ... ›
- Taraji P. Henson Reveals Her Date-Night Beauty Must | Allure ›
- The 5 Beauty Products Taraji P. Henson Swears By | InStyle.com ... ›
- Taraji P. Henson Talks Beauty Tips, the Benefits of Shea Butter, and ... ›
- Taraji P. Henson Will Be Releasing A Hair Line Very Soon ... ›
- Taraji P. Henson's Guide to Defined Curls & Post-Flight Skin Care ... ›
Taylor "Pretty" Honore is a spiritually centered and equally provocative rapper from Baton Rouge, Louisiana with a love for people and storytelling. You can probably find me planting herbs in your local community garden, blasting "Back That Thang Up" from my mini speaker. Let's get to know each other: @prettyhonore.
This article is in partnership with Sensodyne.
Our teeth are connected to so many things - our nutrition, our confidence, and our overall mood. We often take for granted how important healthy teeth are, until issues like tooth sensitivity or gum recession come to remind us. Like most things related to our bodies, prevention is the best medicine. Here are five things you can do immediately to improve your oral hygiene, prevent tooth sensitivity, and avoid dental issues down the road.
1) Go Easy On the Rough Brushing: Brushing your teeth is and always will be priority number one in the oral hygiene department. No surprises there! However, there is such a thing as applying too much pressure when brushing…and that can lead to problems over time. Use a toothbrush with soft bristles and brush in smooth, circular motions. It may seem counterintuitive, but a gentle approach to brushing is the most effective way to clean those pearly whites without wearing away enamel and exposing sensitive areas of the teeth.
2) Use A Desensitizing Toothpaste: As everyone knows, mouth pain can be highly uncomfortable; but tooth sensitivity is a whole different beast. Hot weather favorites like ice cream and popsicles have the ability to trigger tooth sensitivity, which might make you want to stay away from icy foods altogether. But as always, prevention is the best medicine here. Switching to a toothpaste like Sensodyne’s Sensitivity & Gum toothpaste specifically designed for sensitive teeth will help build a protective layer over sensitive areas of the tooth. Over time, those sharp sensations that occur with extremely cold foods will subside, and you’ll be back to treating yourself to your icy faves like this one!
3) Floss, Rinse, Brush. (And In That Order!): Have you ever heard the saying, “It’s not what you do, but how you do it”? Well, the same thing applies to taking care of your teeth. Even if you are flossing and brushing religiously, you could be missing out on some of the benefits simply because you aren’t doing so in the right order. Flossing is best to do before brushing because it removes food particles and plaque from places your toothbrush can’t reach. After a proper flossing sesh, it is important to rinse out your mouth with water after. Finally, you can whip out your toothbrush and get to brushing. Though many of us commonly rinse with water after brushing to remove excess toothpaste, it may not be the best thing for our teeth. That’s because fluoride, the active ingredient in toothpaste that protects your enamel, works best when it gets to sit on the teeth and continue working its magic. Rinsing with water after brushing doesn’t let the toothpaste go to work like it really can. Changing up your order may take some getting used to, but over time, you’ll see the difference.
4) Stay Hydrated: Upping your water supply is a no-fail way to level up your health overall, and your teeth are no exception to this rule. Drinking water not only helps maintain a healthy pH balance in your mouth, but it also washes away residue and acids that can cause enamel erosion. It also helps you steer clear of dry mouth, which is a gateway to bad breath. And who needs that?
5) Show Your Gums Some Love: When it comes to improving your smile, you may be laser-focused on getting your teeth whiter, straighter, and overall healthier. Rightfully so, as these are all attributes of a megawatt smile; but you certainly don’t want to leave gum health out of the equation. If you neglect your gums, you’ll start to notice the effects of plaque buildup, which can irritate the gums and cause gingivitis, the earliest stage of gum disease. Seeing blood while brushing and flossing is a tell-tale sign that your gums are suffering. You may also experience gum recession — a condition where the gum tissue surrounding your teeth pulls back, exposing more of your tooth. Brushing at least twice a day with a gum-protecting toothpaste like Sensodyne Sensitivity and Gum, coupled with regular dentist visits, will keep your gums shining as bright as those pearly whites.
Watching Angela “Blac Chyna” White’s transformation in real-time has truly been a sight to see. It wasn’t that long ago that she announced that she was reversing her cosmetic surgeries in an effort to go back to who she was before the world came to know her as Blac Chyna. In previous interviews, she stated that she was dissolving her facial and lip fillers, removing her breast implants, and getting a butt reduction, as well as removing the dimple piercings that enhanced her fame and controversial tattoos.
In a recent Tamron Hall interview, the mother of two said that she has “fully recovered” from the procedures. She is also celebrating one year of sobriety and opened up about being worried about how her new journey would be received by others.
“I’ve been in the entertainment industry for so long, right, and of course, like, you know, coming out, I’m like young, I’m gonna do wild things as we all have,” she said.
“...I feel like by me being vocal and showing everybody you can change your life and things can get better, like through myself, that right there is an accomplishment, and that’s a part of freedom, too.”
But as she started on her journey, many people have shown her grace, which is something she’s grateful for. “And then the fact that people have been showing me grace, it’s like amazing,” she said. “And I feel like when I did it, I just did it. It was more so like spiritual thing and I feel like people see that, and I’ve always been like my authentic self, so what you see is kinda what you get with me, and that’s just kinda what it is.”
Chyna, who recently received an honorary doctorate from Sacramento Theology Seminary and Bible College, has also repaired her relationship with her mom, Tokyo Toni. The social media celebrity surprised her daughter on the Tamron Hall Show. Prior to the sentimental surprise, Chyna dished on the reconciliation and having a better understanding of her mom.
“I must say, some of the things I have to take accountability for because, like my actions. As a mother, you don’t want to see your daughter doing certain things ‘cause it’s like it doesn’t matter what my past was or what we’re going through, I didn’t raise you that way,” she admitted. “So, it’s like, okay, maybe I was a little bit wrong. Maybe I was acting out a little bit. But I feel like as we grow older, I kinda see more, and I understand more.”
Chyna will be starring in season two of Fox's reality competition show Special Forces: World's Toughest Test.
Let’s make things inbox official! Sign up for the xoNecole newsletter for daily love, wellness, career, and exclusive content delivered straight to your inbox.
Feature image by Kevin Winter/Getty Images