By now you've probably heard that self-proclaimed hot girl Megan Thee Stallion has been dating rapper and songwriter Pardison Fontaine after first confirming the rumors during an Instagram Live back in February. In the past, Meg has been tight-lipped about her personal interactions, so as expected fans went into a tizzy upon finding out her new relationship status. Meg and Pardison are continuing to make headlines with their cute antics on social media. Most recently, the "Body" rapper posted a video sharing smooches with her boyfriend aboard a boat that sent the internet into another frenzy.
So, just who is Pardison Fontaine? Find out below.
Here are the Facts
First things first, Pardison Fontaine's real name is Jorden Kyle Lanier Thorpe. He stands tall at 6'5'' and originally hails from Newburgh, New York. He's 29 years old and a Capricorn. For all you astrology lovers out there, Capricorn's strengths include being responsible, disciplined, good managers, and practicing self-control. Good job, Meg!
The Cardi B Co-Sign
If it wasn't for Pardison's connection to Cardi B, he might not have ever had his big break. He's best known for his 2018 single "Backin' It Up" featuring Cardi. However, he goes way back with the star to her days as a dancer at Sue's Rendezvous, a Mount Vernon gentleman's club. Pardi would sometimes perform at Sue's before Cardi found her way to VH1's Love & Hip Hop. The two were introduced by a mutual friend and the rest is history! "Backin' It Up" went on to peak at number 40 on the US Billboard Hot 100. His own debut album UNDER8ED followed on November 15, 2019.
A Celebrated Ghost Writer
Actually, Pardison was crucial to the success of Cardi's debut album Invasion of Privacy.
Pardi's name appears in the credits for twelve of the thirteen tracks on IOP. Cardi B spoke publicly about Fontaine's assistance giving him props, something that historically ghostwriters rarely get. He took his ghostwriting skills one step further on the Kanye West track "Violent Crimes", written from Ye's perspective as a girl dad. The opportunity came about when Kanye assembled a team of writers for his 2018 album, Ye, and specifically requested him based on his work with Cardi B. Fontaine was flown out to Wyoming, where the album was recorded. And here's a random fun fact: Pardison is credited on Ed Sheeran's hit "South of the Border".
How Pardison Fontaine Got His Name
Pardi has a special place in his heart for the cult classic Back to the Future and wanted to play off of the lead character's name Marty McFly. He came up with "Pardi", which ultimately led to Pardi McFly. "Then, I thought to myself, 'JAY-Z is not going to do a song with somebody named Pardi McFly,'" Pardi tells People. "So, I just dropped the McFly and I kept the Pardi."
His last name originated while working retail at Saks Fifth Avenue. Pardi explains:
"I used to walk past this Anne Fontaine store all the time, and I didn't know exactly what it meant or what it sold, but I just knew Fontaine sounded hella important."
The meaning became deeper for him once he looked it up. It turns out Jean de la Fontaine is a famed French poet and fabulist from the 17th century. The connection just made sense and he launched his MySpace under the alias.
Featured image by Megan Thee Stallion/Instagram
- Who is Megan Thee Stallion's Boyfriend, Pardison Fontaine? ›
- Megan Thee Stallion Confirms Relationship With Pardison Fontaine ... ›
- Who Is Pardison Fontaine? - Meet Megan Thee Stallion's New ... ›
- Megan Thee Stallion confirms she's dating rapper Pardison Fontaine ›
- Megan Thee Stallion & Pardison Fontaine's Relationship Timeline ›
Jazmine A. Ortiz is a creative born and raised in Bushwick, Brooklyn and currently living in Staten Island, NY. She started in the entertainment industry in 2012 and now works as a Lifestyle Editor where she explores everything from mental health to vegan foodie trends. For more on what she's doing in the digital space follow her on Instagram at @liddle_bitt.
This article is in partnership with Sensodyne.
Our teeth are connected to so many things - our nutrition, our confidence, and our overall mood. We often take for granted how important healthy teeth are, until issues like tooth sensitivity or gum recession come to remind us. Like most things related to our bodies, prevention is the best medicine. Here are five things you can do immediately to improve your oral hygiene, prevent tooth sensitivity, and avoid dental issues down the road.
1) Go Easy On the Rough Brushing: Brushing your teeth is and always will be priority number one in the oral hygiene department. No surprises there! However, there is such a thing as applying too much pressure when brushing…and that can lead to problems over time. Use a toothbrush with soft bristles and brush in smooth, circular motions. It may seem counterintuitive, but a gentle approach to brushing is the most effective way to clean those pearly whites without wearing away enamel and exposing sensitive areas of the teeth.
2) Use A Desensitizing Toothpaste: As everyone knows, mouth pain can be highly uncomfortable; but tooth sensitivity is a whole different beast. Hot weather favorites like ice cream and popsicles have the ability to trigger tooth sensitivity, which might make you want to stay away from icy foods altogether. But as always, prevention is the best medicine here. Switching to a toothpaste like Sensodyne’s Sensitivity & Gum toothpaste specifically designed for sensitive teeth will help build a protective layer over sensitive areas of the tooth. Over time, those sharp sensations that occur with extremely cold foods will subside, and you’ll be back to treating yourself to your icy faves like this one!
3) Floss, Rinse, Brush. (And In That Order!): Have you ever heard the saying, “It’s not what you do, but how you do it”? Well, the same thing applies to taking care of your teeth. Even if you are flossing and brushing religiously, you could be missing out on some of the benefits simply because you aren’t doing so in the right order. Flossing is best to do before brushing because it removes food particles and plaque from places your toothbrush can’t reach. After a proper flossing sesh, it is important to rinse out your mouth with water after. Finally, you can whip out your toothbrush and get to brushing. Though many of us commonly rinse with water after brushing to remove excess toothpaste, it may not be the best thing for our teeth. That’s because fluoride, the active ingredient in toothpaste that protects your enamel, works best when it gets to sit on the teeth and continue working its magic. Rinsing with water after brushing doesn’t let the toothpaste go to work like it really can. Changing up your order may take some getting used to, but over time, you’ll see the difference.
4) Stay Hydrated: Upping your water supply is a no-fail way to level up your health overall, and your teeth are no exception to this rule. Drinking water not only helps maintain a healthy pH balance in your mouth, but it also washes away residue and acids that can cause enamel erosion. It also helps you steer clear of dry mouth, which is a gateway to bad breath. And who needs that?
5) Show Your Gums Some Love: When it comes to improving your smile, you may be laser-focused on getting your teeth whiter, straighter, and overall healthier. Rightfully so, as these are all attributes of a megawatt smile; but you certainly don’t want to leave gum health out of the equation. If you neglect your gums, you’ll start to notice the effects of plaque buildup, which can irritate the gums and cause gingivitis, the earliest stage of gum disease. Seeing blood while brushing and flossing is a tell-tale sign that your gums are suffering. You may also experience gum recession — a condition where the gum tissue surrounding your teeth pulls back, exposing more of your tooth. Brushing at least twice a day with a gum-protecting toothpaste like Sensodyne Sensitivity and Gum, coupled with regular dentist visits, will keep your gums shining as bright as those pearly whites.
Watching Angela “Blac Chyna” White’s transformation in real-time has truly been a sight to see. It wasn’t that long ago that she announced that she was reversing her cosmetic surgeries in an effort to go back to who she was before the world came to know her as Blac Chyna. In previous interviews, she stated that she was dissolving her facial and lip fillers, removing her breast implants, and getting a butt reduction, as well as removing the dimple piercings that enhanced her fame and controversial tattoos.
In a recent Tamron Hall interview, the mother of two said that she has “fully recovered” from the procedures. She is also celebrating one year of sobriety and opened up about being worried about how her new journey would be received by others.
“I’ve been in the entertainment industry for so long, right, and of course, like, you know, coming out, I’m like young, I’m gonna do wild things as we all have,” she said.
“...I feel like by me being vocal and showing everybody you can change your life and things can get better, like through myself, that right there is an accomplishment, and that’s a part of freedom, too.”
But as she started on her journey, many people have shown her grace, which is something she’s grateful for. “And then the fact that people have been showing me grace, it’s like amazing,” she said. “And I feel like when I did it, I just did it. It was more so like spiritual thing and I feel like people see that, and I’ve always been like my authentic self, so what you see is kinda what you get with me, and that’s just kinda what it is.”
Chyna, who recently received an honorary doctorate from Sacramento Theology Seminary and Bible College, has also repaired her relationship with her mom, Tokyo Toni. The social media celebrity surprised her daughter on the Tamron Hall Show. Prior to the sentimental surprise, Chyna dished on the reconciliation and having a better understanding of her mom.
“I must say, some of the things I have to take accountability for because, like my actions. As a mother, you don’t want to see your daughter doing certain things ‘cause it’s like it doesn’t matter what my past was or what we’re going through, I didn’t raise you that way,” she admitted. “So, it’s like, okay, maybe I was a little bit wrong. Maybe I was acting out a little bit. But I feel like as we grow older, I kinda see more, and I understand more.”
Chyna will be starring in season two of Fox's reality competition show Special Forces: World's Toughest Test.
Feature image by Kevin Winter/Getty Images