While in an interview that dealt with preparing for the summer from a health and beauty standpoint, I was asked what is a totally underrated thing that more women should do. My response? “Ladies should put their vagina on a summer diet.”
Although it might sound odd, here’s what I mean by that. This is the time of year when it’s hot and humid. It’s also when we tend to do more traveling and sometimes have extra time off. Not to mention the fact that our swimsuits and shorts may be on the snugger side. Factor all of these things in, and it equals out to the importance of being hypervigilant about keeping vaginal infections at bay while also doing our best to keep our sex drives going strong (for those romantic vacations and days when we can sleep in).
Well, something that can help to accomplish these goals is consuming a vagina-friendly diet that consists of several foods that happen to be in season during the summertime.
So, if you want both you and “her” feeling really good over the next couple of months, here are the following 15 foods (along with some recipes that feature them) that get — and keep — you both tight ‘n right in the best ways possible…all summer long.
Whenever I’m looking to enjoy a light summer snack, some blackberries and whipped cream will oftentimes hit the spot. Blackberries are good for you because they are high in fiber, and they have vitamins C and K and manganese in them. Believe it or not, if you’re looking for a fruit that will help to keep your oral health on-point, blackberries have your back in that department too.
The reason why your vagina will appreciate you upping your blackberry intake is the vitamin C in them can help to heal and even prevent bacterial vaginosis. Also, since vitamin C is awesome at boosting your immunity, blackberries can help to keep bad bacteria from leading to a yeast infection.
Blackberries Recipe: Blackberry White Chocolate S’mores
I like sour stuff, so nothing brings me more joy than a tall glass of Simply Limeade or even a limeade from Sonic (their ice is still king!). Shoot, even when I drink simple lime water, I’m looking out for my health in a delicious way because it’s got vitamins A, B, C, and D, magnesium, potassium, and even calcium in it — and all of these things work together to improve my digestion, keep my skin clear and even help me to shed a few pounds.
Since limes are also full of antioxidants, they can help stabilize your pH balance so that vaginitis isn't an issue for you. And since an unbalanced pH can cause things like vaginal odor, itchiness, and irritation, that’s something that you definitely should care about. Where are your limes at?
Limes Recipe: Lime Sorbet
I don’t know what it is about fresh corn on the cob on a summer evening, but I can totally dig it. As a healthy grain, corn is chock full of water (over 70 percent), protein, and fiber. It’s also a good source of carbs, zinc, phosphorus, magnesium, and copper. Since corn also contains vitamin C, it’s great when it comes to maintaining eye health and helping to keep cancer and heart disease at bay.
Your vagina will appreciate corn because the zinc and copper that’s in it will help keep your vaginal tissues nice and healthy. Some studies reveal that zinc is beneficial to women’s sex drive once they’ve become menopausal too.
Corn Recipe: Mexican Street Corn
4. Summer Squash
Probably the best way to define summer squash is it’s the kind of squash that has rinds that can be consumed. When folks think of summer squash, what usually comes to mind is zucchini and yellow squash, although there are technically several others.
One of the best things about squash (at least in my opinion) is there are so many ways to prepare it: you can grill it, bake it, fry it, sautée it, roast it — and that’s just for starters. And every time you consume it, you can feel good about yourself because squash contains vitamins B6, C, and beta-carotene that can improve the health of your eyes and skin. Summer squash, specifically, also has vitamin A, along with phosphorus, magnesium, potassium, and fiber.
All of this is beneficial to your vaginal health, indirectly, because things like low B6 lead to mood swings and a weakened immune system; low magnesium leads to weakness, body stiffness, and changes in personality; and low potassium leads to things like weakness and muscle cramping. Does any of this sound like the makings of a good time when it comes to sex? Exactly. Get some squash in. Your vagina will thank you for it.
Summer Squash Recipe: Sautéed Yellow Squash
Something that is related to peaches and nectarines is plums. Plums are good for you because they’re a great source of fiber and a solid source of vitamin C. They also contain a fair amount of just about any other nutrient that you can imagine. Health benefits-wise, plums are also filled with antioxidants, are good for your health, and help keep your bones in great shape.
Plums make the “vagina summer diet” list because they also contain properties that help to reduce anxiety and stress. This is good to know because those types of feelings can cause irregular periods, vaginal dryness, and a low sex drive too.
Plums Recipe: Plum Tarts with Honey and Black Pepper
Although I enjoy watermelon, something that irks the entire mess outta me about it is, it’s such a hit-or-miss type of fruit. Meaning, it’s either gonna be extremely sweet or basically some trash. If you share my sentiment and that’s why you don’t partake in it as much as you would like, from what I’ve read and researched, the rounder a watermelon is, the better. Not only that but the bolder and more consistent the stripes are on the melon indicate how ripe it is. Also, avoid green stems; those mean that the watermelon isn’t as sweet as you probably want it to be (you’re welcome, sis).
On to the health benefits. Since watermelon is made up of 92 percent water, it’s definitely a fruit that will help to keep you hydrated. It’s also a pretty good source of fiber, protein, and vitamin C, along with antioxidants and citrulline, which is an amino acid that helps to improve athletic performance. Citrulline is also dope because it can help men who deal with erectile dysfunction (which is why watermelon also has the nickname “natural Viagra”). Also, some studies say that it can help to decrease the discomfort that’s associated with sickle cell disease.
Why will your vagina adore watermelon? Well, I actually read a doctor’s interview that said that a consistent dose of citrulline can help to strengthen the pelvic floor of both men and women. The stronger your walls are, the easier it is to orgasm.
Watermelon Recipe: Watermelon Lemonade
Another food that is made up of mostly water (96 percent, to be exact) is the cucumber. Nutrient-wise, it also can give you a fair amount of fiber, protein, and vitamin K along with antioxidants, potassium, and vitamin C. Health-wise, not only will cucumbers keep you hydrated, but they will also manage your blood sugar and help to keep you regular.
Cucumbers can be awesome as far as your vaginal health goes, mostly because vitamin K is linked to decreasing the chances of being diagnosed with an HPV infection. And since there’s also a connection between vitamin K and estrogen levels staying where they belong, eating cucumbers is always a win/win.
Cucumber Recipe: Cucumber Salsa
If you want to enjoy a big bowl of cherries while they are at their peak, make sure to cop you some before August 1; apparently, this is the window when they taste the absolute sweetest. And y’all, I’m not sure if too many things top how good cherries taste on a summer afternoon. As far as specific health benefits go, you’re gonna get some fiber, protein, vitamin C, and potassium. Cherries are also beneficial when it comes to the antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties that they carry, along with their ability to help with arthritic pain and improve your quality of sleep, thanks to the melatonin that is also in them.
Something else that’s great about cherries is, thanks to the magnesium that they contain, they can help to keep your cortisol (stress) hormone levels from spiking; as a direct result, your hormones are able to remain stabilized — this includes your sex hormones and the ones that help sex to feel good like oxytocin and dopamine. And yes, all of this is a shout-out to the health and well-being of your vagina in a semi-roundabout way.
Cherries Recipe: Cherry Slushie
Don’t ask me to make you some eggplant parmesan because I promise you that I’m gonna hurt your feelings. I don’t know what inspired me to master that dish but chile…I have. Good thing, too, because eggplant is a fruit (yes, fruit) that is loaded with fiber and protein; it’s also got some vitamin A and vitamin C in it too. If you happen to be diabetic, polyphenols can keep your blood sugar in a good place. Also, eggplant contains cancer-fighting properties, and it can help to reduce the risk of heart disease.
Now get this: eggplant also has antioxidants in it, and one of them is called anthocyanins. Not only are they responsible for the fruit’s pigment, some studies say that it helps to reduce inflammation and oxidative stress and improve menopause-related symptoms. Now how cool is that?
Eggplant Recipe: Best-Ever Eggplant Meatballs
So, when was the last time that you cut into a honeydew melon? Not only is it a good source of fiber, protein, and potassium, honeydew also contains properties that help to reduce blood pressure levels, keep your blood sugar in a healthy place, and it’s filled with electrolytes as well. If you’ve ever been curious about what electrolytes do, they strengthen muscles, make exercising easier, improve cognitive function, strengthen immunity, and even enhance your quality of sleep at night.
Since studies reveal that people who are low in electrolytes tend to be fatigued, moody, and irritable, recommending honeydew for your vagina is more about your va-jay-jay getting some (more) action than anything — because when you feel refreshed and happy, how can that not translate, beautifully, in the bedroom…right?
Honeydew Recipe: Honeydew Blueberry Soup
If you’re a vegetarian and you’re looking for a high-protein snack, look no further than yogurt. Since it also has calcium, magnesium and vitamin D in it, I’m sure you can see why it’s good for you on a few different levels — including the fact that it can help you to manage your weight, strengthen your heart and immunity and it could even reduce your chances of being diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes.
Vagina-wise, yogurt is bomb because it also has a good amount of Vitamin B12 in it. And since studies show that a B12 deficiency is linked to things like vaginal dryness and even infertility, some frozen yogurt would be ideal in the heat in a myriad of different ways.
Yogurt Recipe: Grapefruit Yogurt Cake
When I tell you that I’ve been wondering where TruFru has been all of my life, ever since enjoying my first bag of some a couple of months ago — have mercy! If you’ve never had the pleasure, it’s frozen fruit pieces that are covered in white and dark chocolate. Although I can only comment on the raspberry and cherry ones, they also have bananas, pineapples, blueberries, and strawberries (and other dips, including dark chocolate and peanut butter, white chocolate and coconut, and ruby cacao).
We’ve already covered the benefits of berries and cherries, so let me focus on the dark chocolate part. Since dark chocolate is also full of antioxidants along with magnesium that helps to stimulate blood flow throughout your body — this means that your genital region can get a bit of a sexual stimulation kick which is always an excellent thing. (As a bonus, dark chocolate can protect your skin from damaging sun rays too!)
Anyway, if you want to read up more on TruFru, feel free to here. I’ve found mine at pretty much any local grocery store that I’ve been to, and, even though they aren’t the cheapest things on the planet, I’ve had no regrets, ever, when it comes to purchasing a bag (or three).
13. Mineral Water
I make it no secret that “flat water” bores me to tears. So, the way that I get my water intake in is by drinking sparkling water; sometimes, it’s sparkling mineral water. Mineral water can be beneficial because it has magnesium, calcium, and fluoride (for starters) in it. These work together to promote bone health, lower your blood pressure, and even relieve constipation.
Consuming mineral water can help to maintain your vaginal health because the fewer toxins that are in your system, the less bad bacteria will affect your vagina. Plus, the more water that’s in your system, the more lubricated your vagina will naturally be. And that’s always a good thing…all the way around. Not to mention the fact that the magnesium in it can make PMS easier to bear.
Mineral Water Recipe: Ranch Water
I’ve read enough comments from y’all to know that most of you have at least a few plans for yourself, some friends (or bae), and a couple of bottles of liquor. When it comes to selecting the best kind of alcohol, when was the last time you indulged in some mezcal? If you’ve never had any before, it’s a blend of agave and tequila and is considered to be one of the healthiest forms of alcohol around (check out bon appétit’s “Why Are All the ‘Healthy’ People Drinking Mezcal?”).
The combination of the agave and tequila can aid in weight loss, supporting bone health and reducing inflammation.
And since Mezcal can also help to boost the iron levels in your system and since iron deficiency can affect your metabolism and stress levels, and since stress can have a direct effect on your sex and feel-good hormones — why not enjoy a class or two of Mezcal this coming weekend? Get you and your vagina hype. Why not?
Mezcal Recipe: Mezcal Mango Smash
15. Red Wine
As if you needed a reason or an excuse to drink a glass of wine tonight other than you want to, right? Still, doing so is helpful on a few levels. I say that because red wine is packed with antioxidants that work to balance your blood sugar levels, improve your memory, strengthen your heart, reduce your cancer risks, and fight off certain viruses too.
And looka here — science also says that if you consume a moderate amount of red wine on a fairly consistent basis, the properties in it will increase vaginal lubrication, sexual desire, and blood flow to your va-jay-jay, which makes climaxing easier and more intense.
So, do yourself and your vagina a favor and check out this list (here) of some of the best red wines for 2023. After you finish grocery shopping for the rest of these foods, there’s no better way to top off your meal — and the memories that you will be making this summer. Enjoy!
Red Wine Recipe: Red Wine Poached Pears
Let’s make things inbox official! Sign up for the xoNecole newsletter for daily love, wellness, career, and exclusive content delivered straight to your inbox.
Featured image by Giuseppe Lombardo/Getty Images
Different puzzle pieces are creating bigger pictures these days. 2024 will mark a milestone on a few different levels, including the release of my third book next June (yay!).
I am also a Professional Certified Coach. My main mission for attaining that particular goal is to use my formal credentials to help people navigate through the sometimes tumultuous waters, both on and offline, when it comes to information about marriage, sex and relationships that is oftentimes misinformation (because "coach" is a word that gets thrown around a lot, oftentimes quite poorly).
I am also still super devoted to helping to bring life into this world as a doula, marriage life coaching will always be my first love (next to writing, of course), a platform that advocates for good Black men is currently in the works and my keystrokes continue to be devoted to HEALTHY over HAPPY in the areas of holistic intimacy, spiritual evolution, purpose manifestation and self-love...because maturity teaches that it's impossible to be happy all of the time when it comes to reaching goals yet healthy is a choice that can be made on a daily basis (amen?).
If you have any PERSONAL QUESTIONS (please do not contact me with any story pitches; that is an *editorial* need), feel free to reach out at email@example.com. A sistah will certainly do what she can. ;)
This article is in partnership with Sensodyne.
Our teeth are connected to so many things - our nutrition, our confidence, and our overall mood. We often take for granted how important healthy teeth are, until issues like tooth sensitivity or gum recession come to remind us. Like most things related to our bodies, prevention is the best medicine. Here are five things you can do immediately to improve your oral hygiene, prevent tooth sensitivity, and avoid dental issues down the road.
1) Go Easy On the Rough Brushing: Brushing your teeth is and always will be priority number one in the oral hygiene department. No surprises there! However, there is such a thing as applying too much pressure when brushing…and that can lead to problems over time. Use a toothbrush with soft bristles and brush in smooth, circular motions. It may seem counterintuitive, but a gentle approach to brushing is the most effective way to clean those pearly whites without wearing away enamel and exposing sensitive areas of the teeth.
2) Use A Desensitizing Toothpaste: As everyone knows, mouth pain can be highly uncomfortable; but tooth sensitivity is a whole different beast. Hot weather favorites like ice cream and popsicles have the ability to trigger tooth sensitivity, which might make you want to stay away from icy foods altogether. But as always, prevention is the best medicine here. Switching to a toothpaste like Sensodyne’s Sensitivity & Gum toothpaste specifically designed for sensitive teeth will help build a protective layer over sensitive areas of the tooth. Over time, those sharp sensations that occur with extremely cold foods will subside, and you’ll be back to treating yourself to your icy faves like this one!
3) Floss, Rinse, Brush. (And In That Order!): Have you ever heard the saying, “It’s not what you do, but how you do it”? Well, the same thing applies to taking care of your teeth. Even if you are flossing and brushing religiously, you could be missing out on some of the benefits simply because you aren’t doing so in the right order. Flossing is best to do before brushing because it removes food particles and plaque from places your toothbrush can’t reach. After a proper flossing sesh, it is important to rinse out your mouth with water after. Finally, you can whip out your toothbrush and get to brushing. Though many of us commonly rinse with water after brushing to remove excess toothpaste, it may not be the best thing for our teeth. That’s because fluoride, the active ingredient in toothpaste that protects your enamel, works best when it gets to sit on the teeth and continue working its magic. Rinsing with water after brushing doesn’t let the toothpaste go to work like it really can. Changing up your order may take some getting used to, but over time, you’ll see the difference.
4) Stay Hydrated: Upping your water supply is a no-fail way to level up your health overall, and your teeth are no exception to this rule. Drinking water not only helps maintain a healthy pH balance in your mouth, but it also washes away residue and acids that can cause enamel erosion. It also helps you steer clear of dry mouth, which is a gateway to bad breath. And who needs that?
5) Show Your Gums Some Love: When it comes to improving your smile, you may be laser-focused on getting your teeth whiter, straighter, and overall healthier. Rightfully so, as these are all attributes of a megawatt smile; but you certainly don’t want to leave gum health out of the equation. If you neglect your gums, you’ll start to notice the effects of plaque buildup, which can irritate the gums and cause gingivitis, the earliest stage of gum disease. Seeing blood while brushing and flossing is a tell-tale sign that your gums are suffering. You may also experience gum recession — a condition where the gum tissue surrounding your teeth pulls back, exposing more of your tooth. Brushing at least twice a day with a gum-protecting toothpaste like Sensodyne Sensitivity and Gum, coupled with regular dentist visits, will keep your gums shining as bright as those pearly whites.
An author by the name of Alexandra Katehakis once said this about orgasms: “Great spiritual teachers throughout the ages have stated that orgasm is the closest some people come to a spiritual experience because of the momentary loss of self. Why is this true? Because with spiritual sex, you move beyond orgasm into a connection with yourself, your partner, and the divine — recognizing them all as one.”
If it’s counterintuitive to what you’ve ever thought about orgasms, believe it or not, there are even pastors who have said that climaxing is the closest comprehension of heaven on this side of it: it is an extreme kind of bliss that is indescribable and is best experienced between two people who share a sacrificial kind of love for one another.
Although this might seem like a heavy way to intro this particular topic, because the O Method is an orgasm-achieving technique that centers around housing energy, embracing the mental practice of manifestation, and the attempt to achieve the best climaxes ever — it all works together pretty well if you ask me. If you want to take your orgasms to the next level, it’s important that you get out of yourself (to a certain extent), that you see the spiritual role that manifestation plays, and that you are open to trying new things. No doubt about it.
So, let’s learn more about what the O Method is all about and how it very well could be just what you’ve been looking for…even if you didn’t know it.
What Is the “O Method” All About?Giphy
Question: When’s the last time you’ve had an orgasm? Not just any orgasm — I mean a really mind-blowing one (I’ll give you a second to think about it). Now, what if you could manifest that experience to the point where it wasn’t a rare occurrence but something that happened almost every time that you and your partner had sex with each other? How absolutely awesome would that be?
That is pretty much what the O Method is all about — helping you achieve the kind of orgasms (and sexual pleasure, in general) that you desire through the practice of manifestation. And since your biggest sex organ is your brain, it would make perfect sense that even with all of the tips and techniques that you might learn to do as far as your body is concerned, honing in on what you think about is super imperative to sexual fulfillment, too. And that’s just where manifestation comes in.
What If You’ve Never “Manifested” Anything Before?Giphy
Before we get into a quick lesson on manifestation, I think it’s important to mention two things. One, for the cynics, there is a lot of truth in the fact that it’s got some solid spiritual basis to it because even the Good Book says that as a man thinketh in his heart, so is he (Proverbs 23:7). At the same time, that same Good Book tells us that faith without works is dead (James 2:14-26). So, while it is always a good idea to focus on good, positive, and productive thoughts, just thinking about them isn’t enough — at some point, you’ve also gotta get out here and DO something (bookmark that).
Okay, with that mini-sermon out of the way, whether it’s in the bedroom or not, manifestation is basically about focusing on something tangible that you desire, harnessing your energy in such a way that your words and actions are directed towards that longing until what you want, well, manifests. For the record, aside from this having a spiritual backing to it, in many ways, science cosigns on manifesting, too. There is actually a scientific process known as neuroplasticity that consists of reframing your mind so that your actions ultimately end up aligning with your goals — and that is another way to look at manifestation.
So, what if you’re someone who has never set out to do a manifestation practice before? No worries. Something that’s awesome about it is there are several different approaches that you can take.
Some people manifest what they want in their lives via:
- Visualization/Creating vision boards
- Writing down their desires before going to bed (so that they can “download” them into their dream state)
- Creating mantras and affirmations
- Applying the 369 Manifestation Method (you can learn more about that here)
- Learning more about what you want to manifest (which brings forth clarity)
This is important to keep in mind because, when it comes to manifesting the types of orgasms that you want to have, as you can see, you can try different manifestation methods until you find one (or ones) that you are truly comfortable with. One that can ease you into the entire process rather smoothly is something known as sex journaling.
How Sex Journaling Can Actually Help You to Have an OrgasmGiphy
As a writer, I’m a big fan of journaling. Mostly because it’s a way to get out some of your deepest thoughts and feelings so that you’re able to really process what is happening inside of you in a private setting. And when it comes to sex journaling, specifically, it’s all about centering yourself on the things sexually that you want to “unpack,” get clarity on or come to some revelations about. For instance, if there’s only been one partner from your past who’s been able to help you achieve the type of orgasms that you wish to manifest, journaling about what makes him different from the other guys can provide you with some solid ah-ha moments.
Or if you need help getting as specific as possible about the sexual experiences that you’re after, journaling can help to make that happen for you — because one thing that manifesting reminds us all to do is be as specific as possible.
Yeah, simply saying, “I want to have better sex” isn’t detailed enough when you want to get your energy to match with your desires — instead, describe how all of your senses should feel in the experience, along with why, that can get you so much closer to achieving your goal. Once those things are documented, you can segue into creating mantras and/or meditation that are based on them. Yeah, sex journaling really is an underrated superpower on a lot of levels (check out “The Art Of Sex Journaling (And Why You Should Do It)”).
5 Tips for Making the O Method Work for YouGiphy
Now that you know more about what the O Method is and how manifestation plays a direct role in its process, let’s talk about five ways to make the O Method truly effective in your own (sex) life.
1. Focus, FULLY, on your feminine energy. What do rose quartz, amethyst, moonstone (which is a Gemini birthstone as well; yes, I’m a Gemini), selenite, and rhodonite all have in common? They’re crystals that help you to go deeper into your divine feminine energy. Traits that are associated with this include compassion, creativity, kindness, gentleness, and sensuality (feminine energy is also accepting and forgiving). If you were to study energy from a biological standpoint, it’s about producing change, responding to stimuli, and having the ability to do what needs to be done (work). So, when it comes to manifesting the kind of orgasms or sexual experiences that you want, using things like your creativity and gentleness in your thoughts and actions can play a role in bringing balance to your partner’s masculinity, which can create a profound sense of pleasure — after all, opposites do attract.
2. Don’t hold back on what it is that you desire. Whenever I interview sex therapists, something that they all say is, a huge mistake that people make as far as sexual satisfaction is concerned is, they have walls up — not just with their partners but even within themselves. Sometimes, there is intimidation, fear, or even shame around what they really want to happen during sex to the point where they aren’t able to channel their energy fully in those directions in order to manifest what they want. For the O Method to work, you can’t let those types of negative emotions hinder you; the more you are able to articulate what you want and how you want it, the better chance you have of making it happen. So yes, get graphic. As graphic as possible.
3. Make manifestation a daily practice. Repetition is important when it comes to manifestation. That’s because the more you declare what you desire (a mantra), get still and think on it (meditation), or look at the “art” that you’ve created surrounding it (visualization), the quicker it becomes a part of you. So yes, make manifestation a daily practice. For instance, if one of your mantras is, “I am going to have intensely passionate orgasms, one right after the other,” don’t just state that 15 minutes before sex is going to happen. Wake up and declare it. Then say it on your lunch break. And again before turning in. The more your thoughts are “streamlined” in this way, the easier it will be for your body to follow suit.
4. Share this practice with your partner. If you were to do even more research on the O Method, one thing that most of the articles will mention is it’s a practice that you can do alone or with your partner. Indeed. However, I just want to make sure that you get into your psyche that great sex is, in part, about good communication. And so, the more comfortable you are sharing with your partner what you are doing as far as the O Method is concerned and what you ultimately want to happen as a result of the practice, the easier it will be for him to “match your energy” — both in and out of the bedroom. And when your partner is on the same page as you? That definitely increases the chances of attaining your sexual desires — exponentially so.
5. Stay in the moment. While I was reading one article on manifestation, I really appreciated something that the author said: manifestation isn’t some supernatural power. In other words, while it can be beneficial, it’s not like you can just think of something, and it instantly appears out of nowhere. Manifesting is a discipline, and it must be accompanied by action, consistency, and patience — this means that you must also practice mindfulness. Meaning, now that you know better what you’re looking to achieve as far as sex is concerned, every time that it transpires, maintain a level of positive energy, remember what your end goal is, and then determine in your mind to enjoy the moments as they come. Remember, manifestation isn’t to add stress…it’s to cultivate clarity.
At the end of the day, the O Method is simply a way of reminding you that your mind plays a huge role in your sexual pleasure, and when you channel it and your energy exactly where you want them both to go, you’ll be amazed what your body is capable of doing…and accomplishing.
So, what kind of orgasm are you wanting to achieve? You’ve got a tool to get you there. USE IT.
Let’s make things inbox official! Sign up for the xoNecole newsletter for daily love, wellness, career, and exclusive content delivered straight to your inbox.
Featured image by Giphy