What is your credit score looking like sis?
As women, we often keep it real about everything except for our bank accounts. We desire prosperity but operate with a broke mindset, and sometimes tie material things like a house, a car, and even getting our hair and nails done to our self-worth. Not to mention that social media has us showcasing our wins and not the journey it took to get there.
On the latest episode of the xoNecole Happy Hour Podcast, we tackle all things money and more as the hosts Necole Kane, Sheriden Chanel and Amer Woods spill the tea on everything from their finances and credit scores, to dealing with money shame in the digital age and keeping up with the Joneses. During the podcast, inspired by the xoNecole article, I Paid Off $40k In Debt in 18 Months, Necole shares her story of how she spent $30,000 in one year as a celebrity gossip blogger in an attempt to stay "glammed up" and the sacrifices she is now making to tackle her tax debt, while Amer talks her change in lifestyle after losing her six-figure job. And Sheriden explains how she's taking strides to improve her credit while also revealing that a man's salary is low on her tier when it comes to choosing a partner.
You'll also learn about some of their favorite resources to help transform your money habits and keep you inspired on the road to financial freedom.
Things the hosts share in this episode:
- Their credit scores
- Their current relationship with money
- The amount of their student loan debt
- How they are currently saving
- If they talk about money with their girlfriends and the men they are dating
- If credit scores and salaries are important to them when choosing a partner
- If their self-worth is defined by their financial situation
- Their biggest financial mistake
Things you will learn in this episode:
- How Dave Ramsey's snowball method for paying off debt works
- Financial apps that will help you stay in an abundance mindset
- Savings techniques to fit your lifestyle
- How sacrificing now will prepare you for the lifestyle you desire
- How entrepreneurs can still save for retirement
- Debt vs Savings financial strategies
Resources mentioned in this episode:
xoNecole articles mentioned:
- How I Paid Off $40,000 In Debt In 18 Months
- Tiffany Aliche Reveals How Her Credit Score Went From 547 To Over 800
- How Cleared $35K In Debt On A $12 Salary
Tune in every Wednesday for your mid-week refill! You can connect with us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram at @xohappyhour and use the tag #xohappyhour to join the social convos.
Share this podcast with your Twitter followers using this Click to Tweet link: https://ctt.ac/a9z1B
Leave us a voice message on xohappyhour.com to share your story with us or ask a question for a chance to be featured on the show!
Photography by Tailiah Breon