Many of us have been conditioned to be "lack-minded" or "broke-minded" without even realizing it. This propensity toward being overpowered by the thought of not having, is a hard habit to break.
To be broke-minded, or to have a broke mindset, means to live your life with the constant fear and acknowledgement that you don't have enough or that you will run out of something. This usually correlates to how you make and spend your money, but even deeper than that lies a fundamental fear of loss and being without.
Constantly being worried about money or being afraid to spend it energetically tells the universe that you are afraid to make it, and can result in a lack of abundance. Here, we will break down what it means to be lack-minded, and ways in which you can reverse this thinking in order to invite abundance into your life.
Below are a few tips to help reverse your broke-minded consciousness.
Money Is Source Energy Manifested
Monetary transactions are not only physical, everything we do is attached to an energetic exchange. When you dread paying your bills, you are sending into the universe fear, resentment, and anger, which are all negative and low vibrational feelings. Once you tune in and focus on this energy, every time you spend money, you will associate your energy with these vibrations, which will in turn attract more bills and unsavory experiences to you.
Every time you sit on the bill, because you don't want to pay it, it piles up. In some instances, you even incur more debt with fees and interest built up. Your negative energy around paying something that you have in fact used, creates more debt for you to be even more irritated about.
If you view money, as you view energy, wouldn't you want to vibe positively? Money is what you make it. According to Dr. Anadi Sahoo, "Money itself has no energy. It is a piece of paper or a piece of metal, but it is the energy behind money that creates so much happiness and so much sorrow...this means that your physical world is inevitably affected by your mental reality. Money is energy!"
The Law of Attraction has everything to do with this truth. The more negative energy you harbor around spending money, the more negativity and lack you will experience. You must change your money energy consciousness into a positive one.
Remove Fear From Manifesting Money
"It takes money to make money."This age-old mantra is very true. When starting a new business, or endeavor, in order for someone to get it off the ground, they must have some kind of seed or capital. In the capitalistic world we live in, this is just how it works.
Money draws money. My mother used to always say, "Follow the money." Investing your money in something is always wise if you know there is a high probability of making a return. In fact, that is the only reason that you start a for-profit business to begin with! Money is source energy manifested, and should always be put to good uses, and kept in circulation. Basically, you must spend your money in order to make more money.
If you remove the fear of spending your money, you effectively increase the possibility of gaining it. Fear and lack go hand-in-hand. Again, being afraid to spend money is telling the universe that you are afraid to make it, which again leaves you broke.
If you are interested in starting a new business, you must relinquish the fear around starting it by raising your vibration. You must feel worthy of someone investing in you, in order to gain the money you need to start. Energy reacts off of energy. You must wholeheartedly stand behind what it is you have to offer. If there is any type of education or startup costs needed to start your journey, taking that leap of faith lets the universe know that you are not afraid of doing the work, and ultimately making that moola.
Abundance Comes From Gratitude
"Be thankful for what you have; you'll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don't have, you will never, ever have enough." – Oprah Winfrey
Being grateful for what you already have is a magnet for gaining more. Take it from one of the richest people in the world. Expressing gratitude is like having a golden ticket. It energetically opens you to achieving more than you ever asked for. Since everything we do is energetic, by showing appreciation for what you do have, you attract more of what you want.
In our materialistic society, we are conditioned to want more and more. If you are constantly in the attitude and vibration of gratitude, feeling thankful not only for what you have, but also having faith and trust that whatever you need will be constantly and endlessly provided, you will begin to magnetically attract abundance. I know that this sounds like a fairytale, but you must surrender to gratitude everyday that you are alive. Be thankful for running water. Be thankful for the roof over your head. Be thankful for clothes on your back, and shoes on your feet. Be thankful for having loving people in your life. Be thankful for even being able to read this article. If you are thankful for all the basic needs of survival, you will be blessed with an excess.
The more you remain in a vibration of gratitude, your bag will draw more and more abundance.
Visualize Yourself As A Money Machine
Meditation and positive affirmations are a great way to reverse broke mindedness. The words that we utter act as a boomerang, and come right back to us. No word returns to you void. If you want to manifest more money, you have to ask for it.
If you constantly say, "I am broke," broke you shall be. Practice reversing the rhetoric you spew around money. I personally use the affirmation, "I am a walking money machine. Whatever I spend, comes right back threefold."
Repeating some of the positive affirmations below from Prolificliving.com, will send the universe a message that will materialize into tangible cash money:
- I am a magnet for money.
- Prosperity is drawn to me.
- Money comes to me in expected and unexpected ways.
- I move from poverty thinking to abundance thinking.
- I am worthy of making more money.
- I am open and receptive to all the wealth life offers me.
- I welcome an unlimited source of income and wealth in my life.
- I release all negative energy over money.
- Money comes to me easily and effortlessly.
- Wealth constantly flows into my life.
- My actions create constant prosperity.
- I am aligned with the energy of abundance.
- I constantly attract opportunities that create more money.
- My finances improve beyond my dreams.
- Money is the root of joy and comfort.
- Money and love can be friends.
- I am the master of my wealth.
- I can handle massive success with grace.
- Money expands my life's opportunities and experiences.
- Money creates positive impact in my life.
Want more stories like this? Check out these xoNecole related reads:
Featured image by Getty Images
Fontaine Felisha Foxworth is a writer and creative entrepreneur from Brooklyn New York. She is currently on the West Coast working on creating a TV Pilot called "Finding Fontaine", that details the nomadic journey of her life so far. Keep up with her shenanigans @famoustaine on IG.
This article is in partnership with Sensodyne.
Our teeth are connected to so many things - our nutrition, our confidence, and our overall mood. We often take for granted how important healthy teeth are, until issues like tooth sensitivity or gum recession come to remind us. Like most things related to our bodies, prevention is the best medicine. Here are five things you can do immediately to improve your oral hygiene, prevent tooth sensitivity, and avoid dental issues down the road.
1) Go Easy On the Rough Brushing: Brushing your teeth is and always will be priority number one in the oral hygiene department. No surprises there! However, there is such a thing as applying too much pressure when brushing…and that can lead to problems over time. Use a toothbrush with soft bristles and brush in smooth, circular motions. It may seem counterintuitive, but a gentle approach to brushing is the most effective way to clean those pearly whites without wearing away enamel and exposing sensitive areas of the teeth.
2) Use A Desensitizing Toothpaste: As everyone knows, mouth pain can be highly uncomfortable; but tooth sensitivity is a whole different beast. Hot weather favorites like ice cream and popsicles have the ability to trigger tooth sensitivity, which might make you want to stay away from icy foods altogether. But as always, prevention is the best medicine here. Switching to a toothpaste like Sensodyne’s Sensitivity & Gum toothpaste specifically designed for sensitive teeth will help build a protective layer over sensitive areas of the tooth. Over time, those sharp sensations that occur with extremely cold foods will subside, and you’ll be back to treating yourself to your icy faves like this one!
3) Floss, Rinse, Brush. (And In That Order!): Have you ever heard the saying, “It’s not what you do, but how you do it”? Well, the same thing applies to taking care of your teeth. Even if you are flossing and brushing religiously, you could be missing out on some of the benefits simply because you aren’t doing so in the right order. Flossing is best to do before brushing because it removes food particles and plaque from places your toothbrush can’t reach. After a proper flossing sesh, it is important to rinse out your mouth with water after. Finally, you can whip out your toothbrush and get to brushing. Though many of us commonly rinse with water after brushing to remove excess toothpaste, it may not be the best thing for our teeth. That’s because fluoride, the active ingredient in toothpaste that protects your enamel, works best when it gets to sit on the teeth and continue working its magic. Rinsing with water after brushing doesn’t let the toothpaste go to work like it really can. Changing up your order may take some getting used to, but over time, you’ll see the difference.
4) Stay Hydrated: Upping your water supply is a no-fail way to level up your health overall, and your teeth are no exception to this rule. Drinking water not only helps maintain a healthy pH balance in your mouth, but it also washes away residue and acids that can cause enamel erosion. It also helps you steer clear of dry mouth, which is a gateway to bad breath. And who needs that?
5) Show Your Gums Some Love: When it comes to improving your smile, you may be laser-focused on getting your teeth whiter, straighter, and overall healthier. Rightfully so, as these are all attributes of a megawatt smile; but you certainly don’t want to leave gum health out of the equation. If you neglect your gums, you’ll start to notice the effects of plaque buildup, which can irritate the gums and cause gingivitis, the earliest stage of gum disease. Seeing blood while brushing and flossing is a tell-tale sign that your gums are suffering. You may also experience gum recession — a condition where the gum tissue surrounding your teeth pulls back, exposing more of your tooth. Brushing at least twice a day with a gum-protecting toothpaste like Sensodyne Sensitivity and Gum, coupled with regular dentist visits, will keep your gums shining as bright as those pearly whites.
Watching Angela “Blac Chyna” White’s transformation in real-time has truly been a sight to see. It wasn’t that long ago that she announced that she was reversing her cosmetic surgeries in an effort to go back to who she was before the world came to know her as Blac Chyna. In previous interviews, she stated that she was dissolving her facial and lip fillers, removing her breast implants, and getting a butt reduction, as well as removing the dimple piercings that enhanced her fame and controversial tattoos.
In a recent Tamron Hall interview, the mother of two said that she has “fully recovered” from the procedures. She is also celebrating one year of sobriety and opened up about being worried about how her new journey would be received by others.
“I’ve been in the entertainment industry for so long, right, and of course, like, you know, coming out, I’m like young, I’m gonna do wild things as we all have,” she said.
“...I feel like by me being vocal and showing everybody you can change your life and things can get better, like through myself, that right there is an accomplishment, and that’s a part of freedom, too.”
But as she started on her journey, many people have shown her grace, which is something she’s grateful for. “And then the fact that people have been showing me grace, it’s like amazing,” she said. “And I feel like when I did it, I just did it. It was more so like spiritual thing and I feel like people see that, and I’ve always been like my authentic self, so what you see is kinda what you get with me, and that’s just kinda what it is.”
Chyna, who recently received an honorary doctorate from Sacramento Theology Seminary and Bible College, has also repaired her relationship with her mom, Tokyo Toni. The social media celebrity surprised her daughter on the Tamron Hall Show. Prior to the sentimental surprise, Chyna dished on the reconciliation and having a better understanding of her mom.
“I must say, some of the things I have to take accountability for because, like my actions. As a mother, you don’t want to see your daughter doing certain things ‘cause it’s like it doesn’t matter what my past was or what we’re going through, I didn’t raise you that way,” she admitted. “So, it’s like, okay, maybe I was a little bit wrong. Maybe I was acting out a little bit. But I feel like as we grow older, I kinda see more, and I understand more.”
Chyna will be starring in season two of Fox's reality competition show Special Forces: World's Toughest Test.
Let’s make things inbox official! Sign up for the xoNecole newsletter for daily love, wellness, career, and exclusive content delivered straight to your inbox.
Feature image by Kevin Winter/Getty Images