I love my air fryer… real bad. And if you’re like most low-maintenance millennials in the kitchen, you’ve probably noticed how air fryers have eased their way into our kitchens to make our lives that much easier. As if arriving at our doorsteps like a surprise gift from the cooking gods, these compact kitchen appliances have changed the way we cook, making meal preparation both seamless and more convenient.
Who would have thought that using hot air circulation to cook food would not only make our meals taste better but provide just the right amount of crispiness and golden brown exterior, all while using significantly less oil? These days, it’s hard to even imagine my life without having this baking contraption by my side for delivering meals in 20 minutes or less, all while allowing me to experiment with my culinary skills.
The Retro Electric Air Fryer has been a godsend for making tasty meals in little to no time. The retro-style air fryer comes with a convenient adjustable timer and temperature control, making it quick and easy to adjust to various recipes. And with so many recipes at our disposal to try and get creative with, it’s safe to say that me and my air fryer are locked in.
From side dishes to main course, we’ve put together a list of must-try air fryer meals that will have your taste buds singing. Thank us later.
10 Easy Air Fryer Recipes
this is your sign to get an airfryer #potato #potatoes #potatotiktok #airfryer #airfryerrecipes #potatowedges #cooking #foodie
Crispy Air Fryer French Fries
Air fryer French fries are perfectly crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. Cut potatoes into fries and toss with olive oil, salt, and your favorite seasonings. Air fry at 375°F for 18-20 minutes, and your side dish will be complete.
Spicy 🌶 Ranch Wings! Let’s make them! 🔥😋 #airfryerwingsseasoning #ranchwingsrecipe #ketofriendlyrecipes #crispywings
Air Fryer Spicy Ranch Chicken Wings
Chicken wings made in the air fryer are the best for whipping up a flavorful meal, with less oil than traditional frying. Toss your wings with a mixture of olive oil, seasonings of choice, and your preferred wing sauce. Air fry at 375°F for 25-30 minutes, flipping halfway throughout. Top it off with ranch seasoning, and you have a crunchy, delicious delight.
crispy air fried ravioli is a must make (recipe in bio) 🤩 #airfriedravioli #airfryer #airfryerrecipes
Crispy Air Fried Ravioli
If you’re looking to transform store-bought ravioli into a delicious appetizer, we’ve got the recipe for you. Dip ravioli in beaten egg, then coat with breadcrumbs and grated Parmesan. Cook at 325°F for 8-10 minutes, and once golden and crispy, dunk it in a side of saucy marinara sauce.
Air fryer Garlic Butter Sweet Chili Salmon #airfryerrecipes #airfryer #airfryertiktok #airfryer #salmon #salmonairfryer #salmonrecipe #dinnerideas #dinnerwithme #quickrecipes #foryou #fyp #viraltiktok #viral #quickmeal #easymeal #salmontiktok #foodtiktok #airfryerrecipe #cooking #momcooking
Air Fryer Salmon Filets
Air-frying salmon yields a perfectly cooked, flaky fish with a flavorful crust. Season salmon filets with olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, herbs, and salt and cook for 10-12 minutes at 375°F depending on thickness, and dinner is served!
Air Fryer Mozzarella Sticks ↓ •4 mozzarella string cheese •1/4 cup flour of choice •1 egg, whisked •1 cup Panko breadcrumbs + 1 tbsp Italian spices 1️⃣ Cut mozzarella sticks in half. 2️⃣ Dip in the flour, egg, flour, egg then the Panko/Italian seasoning blend. 3️⃣ Freeze for 10-15 mins. 4️⃣ Place in a single layer in the air fryer. 5️⃣ Spray with avocado oil, air fry at 390 for 5 mins. #mozerellasticks #airfryermaster #airfryertiktok #airfryerrecipes #airfryerrecipe #mozerallacheese #airfryerhack
Air Fryer Mozzarella Sticks
You can’t go wrong with cheesy, gooey mozzarella sticks for a quick snack or appetizer. To try it for yourself, cut mozzarella cheese into sticks, dip it in beaten egg, coat it with breadcrumbs, and freeze. Once frozen, pop them in the air fryer at 375°F for 8-10 minutes until golden and melty.
Air Fryer Pizza Hot Pockets 👨🏻🍳🍕 #airfryer #hotpockets #pizzapockets #macros #lowcalorie #healthyrecipes #homemadepasta
Air Fryer Homemade Hot Pockets
There’s something so nostalgic about old-school hot pockets that will have your grown-up self craving this cheesy and saucy goodness. Grab a pack of store-bought or homemade pie crust dough with your choice of fillings from ham, cheese, pepperoni, mozzarella, or spinach.
Roll out the pie crust dough and cut it into rectangles, placing your desired fillings in the center. Fold the dough over the fillings and press the edges to seal. Add to the air fryer and cool for 10-12 minutes at 375°F. Let cool slightly before serving ,and enjoy your childhood treat.
Crispy brussel sprouts in the air fryer 😍 Seasonings (measure with your <3 ) - olive oil - salt - pepper - garlic powder - onion powder - paprika - parmesan Air fry at 375°F for 10 min Top with lemon juice & more parmesan cheese! Enjoy 😋 #airfryerrecipes #brusselsprouts #easyvegetablerecipes #vegetables #brusselsproutsrecipes #airfryer #sidedishrecipes #sidedish #vegetarian
Crispy Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts
Brussels sprouts may be a vegetable that is an acquired taste, but with the right ingredients and a little finesse, you’ll turn your “ick” into a “yum.” Toss your Brussels sprouts with a mixture of olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper, balsamic vinegar, and lemon, then air fry at 350°F for 15-20 minutes. What you’ll uncover is a new love for this underrated green.
Onion rings #recipetok #easyrecipe #onionrings #mozzarellaonionrings #recipe #airfryer #cheesyonionrings
Air Fryer Onion Rings
Crispy, flavorful onion rings are a classic comfort food made just a bit healthier in the air fryer. To make, slice onions into rings, dip in buttermilk, coat with seasoned flour, and air fry at 375°F for 10-12 minutes, flipping halfway. Once golden brown, enjoy with a side of ketchup, honey mustard, or chipotle sauce.
Buffalo tofu bites - recipe on my website #airfryer #easyrecipes
Crispy Air Fryer Tofu Bites
For vegans and vegetarians looking for an easy snack to power through their day, tofu bites are the way to go. These bite-size grubs create a crispy texture that is perfect for adding to salads, bowls , or enjoying by themselves. Toss cubed tofu with cornstarch, soy sauce, and your favorite seasonings. Cook at 375°F for 15-18 minutes, and we promise you won’t be able to put them down.
Air fryer sweet potato fries ✨ Whichever method you decide to try, you can’t go wrong! #airfryer #sweetpotatofries #crispy
Air Fryer Cinnamon Sweet Potato Fries
While some enjoy the classic flavor of traditional french fries, sweet potato fries provide foodies with an alternative to indulge their sweet tooth. Not only does it only take minutes to make, but they provide a nutrient-rich alternative to traditional fries. Cut sweet potatoes into fries and toss with olive oil, cinnamon, brown sugar, and a pinch of salt. Cook at 375°F for 18-20 minutes, and you’ll have a side dish that’s both sweet and savory.
Let’s make things inbox official! Sign up for the xoNecole newsletter for daily love, wellness, career, and exclusive content delivered straight to your inbox.
Featured image via Getty Images
Aley Arion is a writer and digital storyteller from the South, currently living in sunny Los Angeles. Her site, yagirlaley.com, serves as a digital diary to document personal essays, cultural commentary, and her insights into the Black Millennial experience. Follow her at @yagirlaley on all platforms!
This article is in partnership with Sensodyne.
Our teeth are connected to so many things - our nutrition, our confidence, and our overall mood. We often take for granted how important healthy teeth are, until issues like tooth sensitivity or gum recession come to remind us. Like most things related to our bodies, prevention is the best medicine. Here are five things you can do immediately to improve your oral hygiene, prevent tooth sensitivity, and avoid dental issues down the road.
1) Go Easy On the Rough Brushing: Brushing your teeth is and always will be priority number one in the oral hygiene department. No surprises there! However, there is such a thing as applying too much pressure when brushing…and that can lead to problems over time. Use a toothbrush with soft bristles and brush in smooth, circular motions. It may seem counterintuitive, but a gentle approach to brushing is the most effective way to clean those pearly whites without wearing away enamel and exposing sensitive areas of the teeth.
2) Use A Desensitizing Toothpaste: As everyone knows, mouth pain can be highly uncomfortable; but tooth sensitivity is a whole different beast. Hot weather favorites like ice cream and popsicles have the ability to trigger tooth sensitivity, which might make you want to stay away from icy foods altogether. But as always, prevention is the best medicine here. Switching to a toothpaste like Sensodyne’s Sensitivity & Gum toothpaste specifically designed for sensitive teeth will help build a protective layer over sensitive areas of the tooth. Over time, those sharp sensations that occur with extremely cold foods will subside, and you’ll be back to treating yourself to your icy faves like this one!
3) Floss, Rinse, Brush. (And In That Order!): Have you ever heard the saying, “It’s not what you do, but how you do it”? Well, the same thing applies to taking care of your teeth. Even if you are flossing and brushing religiously, you could be missing out on some of the benefits simply because you aren’t doing so in the right order. Flossing is best to do before brushing because it removes food particles and plaque from places your toothbrush can’t reach. After a proper flossing sesh, it is important to rinse out your mouth with water after. Finally, you can whip out your toothbrush and get to brushing. Though many of us commonly rinse with water after brushing to remove excess toothpaste, it may not be the best thing for our teeth. That’s because fluoride, the active ingredient in toothpaste that protects your enamel, works best when it gets to sit on the teeth and continue working its magic. Rinsing with water after brushing doesn’t let the toothpaste go to work like it really can. Changing up your order may take some getting used to, but over time, you’ll see the difference.
4) Stay Hydrated: Upping your water supply is a no-fail way to level up your health overall, and your teeth are no exception to this rule. Drinking water not only helps maintain a healthy pH balance in your mouth, but it also washes away residue and acids that can cause enamel erosion. It also helps you steer clear of dry mouth, which is a gateway to bad breath. And who needs that?
5) Show Your Gums Some Love: When it comes to improving your smile, you may be laser-focused on getting your teeth whiter, straighter, and overall healthier. Rightfully so, as these are all attributes of a megawatt smile; but you certainly don’t want to leave gum health out of the equation. If you neglect your gums, you’ll start to notice the effects of plaque buildup, which can irritate the gums and cause gingivitis, the earliest stage of gum disease. Seeing blood while brushing and flossing is a tell-tale sign that your gums are suffering. You may also experience gum recession — a condition where the gum tissue surrounding your teeth pulls back, exposing more of your tooth. Brushing at least twice a day with a gum-protecting toothpaste like Sensodyne Sensitivity and Gum, coupled with regular dentist visits, will keep your gums shining as bright as those pearly whites.
An author by the name of Alexandra Katehakis once said this about orgasms: “Great spiritual teachers throughout the ages have stated that orgasm is the closest some people come to a spiritual experience because of the momentary loss of self. Why is this true? Because with spiritual sex, you move beyond orgasm into a connection with yourself, your partner, and the divine — recognizing them all as one.”
If it’s counterintuitive to what you’ve ever thought about orgasms, believe it or not, there are even pastors who have said that climaxing is the closest comprehension of heaven on this side of it: it is an extreme kind of bliss that is indescribable and is best experienced between two people who share a sacrificial kind of love for one another.
Although this might seem like a heavy way to intro this particular topic, because the O Method is an orgasm-achieving technique that centers around housing energy, embracing the mental practice of manifestation, and the attempt to achieve the best climaxes ever — it all works together pretty well if you ask me. If you want to take your orgasms to the next level, it’s important that you get out of yourself (to a certain extent), that you see the spiritual role that manifestation plays, and that you are open to trying new things. No doubt about it.
So, let’s learn more about what the O Method is all about and how it very well could be just what you’ve been looking for…even if you didn’t know it.
What Is the “O Method” All About?Giphy
Question: When’s the last time you’ve had an orgasm? Not just any orgasm — I mean a really mind-blowing one (I’ll give you a second to think about it). Now, what if you could manifest that experience to the point where it wasn’t a rare occurrence but something that happened almost every time that you and your partner had sex with each other? How absolutely awesome would that be?
That is pretty much what the O Method is all about — helping you achieve the kind of orgasms (and sexual pleasure, in general) that you desire through the practice of manifestation. And since your biggest sex organ is your brain, it would make perfect sense that even with all of the tips and techniques that you might learn to do as far as your body is concerned, honing in on what you think about is super imperative to sexual fulfillment, too. And that’s just where manifestation comes in.
What If You’ve Never “Manifested” Anything Before?Giphy
Before we get into a quick lesson on manifestation, I think it’s important to mention two things. One, for the cynics, there is a lot of truth in the fact that it’s got some solid spiritual basis to it because even the Good Book says that as a man thinketh in his heart, so is he (Proverbs 23:7). At the same time, that same Good Book tells us that faith without works is dead (James 2:14-26). So, while it is always a good idea to focus on good, positive, and productive thoughts, just thinking about them isn’t enough — at some point, you’ve also gotta get out here and DO something (bookmark that).
Okay, with that mini-sermon out of the way, whether it’s in the bedroom or not, manifestation is basically about focusing on something tangible that you desire, harnessing your energy in such a way that your words and actions are directed towards that longing until what you want, well, manifests. For the record, aside from this having a spiritual backing to it, in many ways, science cosigns on manifesting, too. There is actually a scientific process known as neuroplasticity that consists of reframing your mind so that your actions ultimately end up aligning with your goals — and that is another way to look at manifestation.
So, what if you’re someone who has never set out to do a manifestation practice before? No worries. Something that’s awesome about it is there are several different approaches that you can take.
Some people manifest what they want in their lives via:
- Visualization/Creating vision boards
- Writing down their desires before going to bed (so that they can “download” them into their dream state)
- Creating mantras and affirmations
- Applying the 369 Manifestation Method (you can learn more about that here)
- Learning more about what you want to manifest (which brings forth clarity)
This is important to keep in mind because, when it comes to manifesting the types of orgasms that you want to have, as you can see, you can try different manifestation methods until you find one (or ones) that you are truly comfortable with. One that can ease you into the entire process rather smoothly is something known as sex journaling.
How Sex Journaling Can Actually Help You to Have an OrgasmGiphy
As a writer, I’m a big fan of journaling. Mostly because it’s a way to get out some of your deepest thoughts and feelings so that you’re able to really process what is happening inside of you in a private setting. And when it comes to sex journaling, specifically, it’s all about centering yourself on the things sexually that you want to “unpack,” get clarity on or come to some revelations about. For instance, if there’s only been one partner from your past who’s been able to help you achieve the type of orgasms that you wish to manifest, journaling about what makes him different from the other guys can provide you with some solid ah-ha moments.
Or if you need help getting as specific as possible about the sexual experiences that you’re after, journaling can help to make that happen for you — because one thing that manifesting reminds us all to do is be as specific as possible.
Yeah, simply saying, “I want to have better sex” isn’t detailed enough when you want to get your energy to match with your desires — instead, describe how all of your senses should feel in the experience, along with why, that can get you so much closer to achieving your goal. Once those things are documented, you can segue into creating mantras and/or meditation that are based on them. Yeah, sex journaling really is an underrated superpower on a lot of levels (check out “The Art Of Sex Journaling (And Why You Should Do It)”).
5 Tips for Making the O Method Work for YouGiphy
Now that you know more about what the O Method is and how manifestation plays a direct role in its process, let’s talk about five ways to make the O Method truly effective in your own (sex) life.
1. Focus, FULLY, on your feminine energy. What do rose quartz, amethyst, moonstone (which is a Gemini birthstone as well; yes, I’m a Gemini), selenite, and rhodonite all have in common? They’re crystals that help you to go deeper into your divine feminine energy. Traits that are associated with this include compassion, creativity, kindness, gentleness, and sensuality (feminine energy is also accepting and forgiving). If you were to study energy from a biological standpoint, it’s about producing change, responding to stimuli, and having the ability to do what needs to be done (work). So, when it comes to manifesting the kind of orgasms or sexual experiences that you want, using things like your creativity and gentleness in your thoughts and actions can play a role in bringing balance to your partner’s masculinity, which can create a profound sense of pleasure — after all, opposites do attract.
2. Don’t hold back on what it is that you desire. Whenever I interview sex therapists, something that they all say is, a huge mistake that people make as far as sexual satisfaction is concerned is, they have walls up — not just with their partners but even within themselves. Sometimes, there is intimidation, fear, or even shame around what they really want to happen during sex to the point where they aren’t able to channel their energy fully in those directions in order to manifest what they want. For the O Method to work, you can’t let those types of negative emotions hinder you; the more you are able to articulate what you want and how you want it, the better chance you have of making it happen. So yes, get graphic. As graphic as possible.
3. Make manifestation a daily practice. Repetition is important when it comes to manifestation. That’s because the more you declare what you desire (a mantra), get still and think on it (meditation), or look at the “art” that you’ve created surrounding it (visualization), the quicker it becomes a part of you. So yes, make manifestation a daily practice. For instance, if one of your mantras is, “I am going to have intensely passionate orgasms, one right after the other,” don’t just state that 15 minutes before sex is going to happen. Wake up and declare it. Then say it on your lunch break. And again before turning in. The more your thoughts are “streamlined” in this way, the easier it will be for your body to follow suit.
4. Share this practice with your partner. If you were to do even more research on the O Method, one thing that most of the articles will mention is it’s a practice that you can do alone or with your partner. Indeed. However, I just want to make sure that you get into your psyche that great sex is, in part, about good communication. And so, the more comfortable you are sharing with your partner what you are doing as far as the O Method is concerned and what you ultimately want to happen as a result of the practice, the easier it will be for him to “match your energy” — both in and out of the bedroom. And when your partner is on the same page as you? That definitely increases the chances of attaining your sexual desires — exponentially so.
5. Stay in the moment. While I was reading one article on manifestation, I really appreciated something that the author said: manifestation isn’t some supernatural power. In other words, while it can be beneficial, it’s not like you can just think of something, and it instantly appears out of nowhere. Manifesting is a discipline, and it must be accompanied by action, consistency, and patience — this means that you must also practice mindfulness. Meaning, now that you know better what you’re looking to achieve as far as sex is concerned, every time that it transpires, maintain a level of positive energy, remember what your end goal is, and then determine in your mind to enjoy the moments as they come. Remember, manifestation isn’t to add stress…it’s to cultivate clarity.
At the end of the day, the O Method is simply a way of reminding you that your mind plays a huge role in your sexual pleasure, and when you channel it and your energy exactly where you want them both to go, you’ll be amazed what your body is capable of doing…and accomplishing.
So, what kind of orgasm are you wanting to achieve? You’ve got a tool to get you there. USE IT.
Let’s make things inbox official! Sign up for the xoNecole newsletter for daily love, wellness, career, and exclusive content delivered straight to your inbox.
Featured image by Giphy