It looks like Nazanin Mandi and Miguel may have rekindled their relationship. The two shocked everyone when they announced that they were splitting up in Sept. 2021 in a joint statement which also stated that they were separated for some time. Prior to that, the couple were together for 17 years and married for three. However, the model has dropped hints that they may be back together.
Miguel made a recent appearance on her Instagram page and she re-added the singer’s last name to her name on her Instagram bio. Unarchived photos of the couple have also reappeared on her page.
But this isn’t the first time the couple has broken up, Nazanin revealed in her now-defunct podcast that the couple had broken up before getting married and that therapy helped them make it down the aisle in 2019.
So it begs the question, do breakups strengthen relationships?
Nazanin and Miguel aren’t the only celebs who have broken up before ending up in a more healthy and lasting union. Here are some other celebrities who broke up, made up, and have been successful.
Cardi B and Offset
Cardi B and Offset’s relationship was plagued with cheating rumors from the beginning, however, the couple has made it through.
The couple had a whirlwind romance after they reportedly began dating in early 2017, got married in September 2017, and welcomed their daughter Kulture in 2018.
But due to Offset’s cheating, Cardi announced that they were splitting up in December 2018. The Migos rapper made several public attempts to win Bardi back and he was eventually successful.
The couple got back together at the top of 2019 and now they share two children. In a 2019 interview with Vogue, the Bronx rapper revealed why she took Offset back and how they were able to work it out.
“Everybody has issues. I believe in forgiveness. I prayed on it. Me and my husband, we prayed on it. We had priests come to us,” she said.
“And we just came to an understanding like, bro, it’s really us against the world. He has my back for everything, I have his back for everything, so when you cheat, you’re betraying the person that has your back the most,” she added. “Why would you do that? We have come to a clear understanding. For me, monogamy is the only way. I’ll beat your a– if you cheat on me.”
Ne-Yo and Crystal Smith
Ne-Yo and his wife Crystal Smith were together for four years before the singer filed for divorce in 2020. However, when the pandemic hit, everything changed.
The “So Sick” artist spoke with Good Morning Britain about their divorce and what made them reconcile. We were talking full-on divorce,” the singer said in October 2021. “It forced us to sit down and talk about our problems and reconnect with our kids.”
He continued, “The pandemic saved my marriage. There’s only so much FaceTime you can do. In the pandemic, we lost a lot of people, but in my case, it helped a lot of instances in my life. We had brutally honest conversations.”
In June 2021, they welcomed their third child.
Gabrielle Union and Dwyane Wade
Before getting married in 2014, Gabrielle Union and Dwyane Wade took a break in 2013, and during that time the retired NBA star fathered another child.
Gabrielle now has a child of her own, Kaavia James Union Wade, which she had via surrogate after countless unsuccessful attempts to get pregnant.
The couple seems to be experiencing happier times, but the actress did reveal in her second memoir You Got Anything Stronger? that the woman she is today would not have stayed with Dwyane after he fathered another child.
“The 'me' of today would not have stayed with him, but would I be who I am now without that pain? That fiery explosion that created life and light? The advice I would give myself now would be to leave. ‘You don’t have to do this. You don’t think you have an option, but you do. Save yourself,’” she wrote.
Beyoncé and Jay-Z
Beyoncé toldSeventeen magazine that she was 19 years old when she began dating Jay-Z and in 2002 they collaborated for “03’ Bonnie & Clyde.”
However, they were rumored to break up in 2005 but eventually got back together a year later. The couple got married in 2008 and in 2016, the singer dropped her groundbreaking album Lemonade where she alluded to the “Holy Grail” rapper cheating in their marriage.
The album detailed how the couple worked on their relationship and now after 13 years of marriage, the couple has three children and they have collaborated on many projects together such as a joint album, a joint tour, and most recently Tiffany & Co.’s About Love campaign.
Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck
Amy Sussman/Getty Images
Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck aka Bennifer reunited in 2021 after the singer ended her engagement to Alex Rodrigeuz.
However, the couple first began their relationship in 2002 after they met during the filming of Gigli. During that time, Jennifer was in the process of divorcing her second husband Cris Judd, and months later she and Ben got engaged. Their wedding was set for September 2003 but was canceled and the duo broke up in 2004.
They separately pursued relationships with other people. Jennifer ended up marrying fellow singer Marc Anthony and the actor married Jennifer Garner. Years went by and in April 2021, Bennifer was rumored to be back together and the following month, they were spotted out together.
Since then they have made multiple appearances together including Jennifer’s Instagram in July 2021 where they celebrated her 52nd birthday on a yacht in France. In September 2021, the Gone Girl actor gushed over Jennifer after she was named Adweek's 2021 Brand Visionary.
“I am in awe of what Jennifer's effect on the world is,” he said. “At most, as an artist, I can make movies that move people. Jennifer has inspired a massive group of people to feel they have a seat at the table in this country. That is an effect few people throughout history have had, one I will never know and one I can only stand by and admire with respect."
Featured image by Denise Truscello/Getty Images for LARAS
This article is in partnership with Sensodyne.
Our teeth are connected to so many things - our nutrition, our confidence, and our overall mood. We often take for granted how important healthy teeth are, until issues like tooth sensitivity or gum recession come to remind us. Like most things related to our bodies, prevention is the best medicine. Here are five things you can do immediately to improve your oral hygiene, prevent tooth sensitivity, and avoid dental issues down the road.
1) Go Easy On the Rough Brushing: Brushing your teeth is and always will be priority number one in the oral hygiene department. No surprises there! However, there is such a thing as applying too much pressure when brushing…and that can lead to problems over time. Use a toothbrush with soft bristles and brush in smooth, circular motions. It may seem counterintuitive, but a gentle approach to brushing is the most effective way to clean those pearly whites without wearing away enamel and exposing sensitive areas of the teeth.
2) Use A Desensitizing Toothpaste: As everyone knows, mouth pain can be highly uncomfortable; but tooth sensitivity is a whole different beast. Hot weather favorites like ice cream and popsicles have the ability to trigger tooth sensitivity, which might make you want to stay away from icy foods altogether. But as always, prevention is the best medicine here. Switching to a toothpaste like Sensodyne’s Sensitivity & Gum toothpaste specifically designed for sensitive teeth will help build a protective layer over sensitive areas of the tooth. Over time, those sharp sensations that occur with extremely cold foods will subside, and you’ll be back to treating yourself to your icy faves like this one!
3) Floss, Rinse, Brush. (And In That Order!): Have you ever heard the saying, “It’s not what you do, but how you do it”? Well, the same thing applies to taking care of your teeth. Even if you are flossing and brushing religiously, you could be missing out on some of the benefits simply because you aren’t doing so in the right order. Flossing is best to do before brushing because it removes food particles and plaque from places your toothbrush can’t reach. After a proper flossing sesh, it is important to rinse out your mouth with water after. Finally, you can whip out your toothbrush and get to brushing. Though many of us commonly rinse with water after brushing to remove excess toothpaste, it may not be the best thing for our teeth. That’s because fluoride, the active ingredient in toothpaste that protects your enamel, works best when it gets to sit on the teeth and continue working its magic. Rinsing with water after brushing doesn’t let the toothpaste go to work like it really can. Changing up your order may take some getting used to, but over time, you’ll see the difference.
4) Stay Hydrated: Upping your water supply is a no-fail way to level up your health overall, and your teeth are no exception to this rule. Drinking water not only helps maintain a healthy pH balance in your mouth, but it also washes away residue and acids that can cause enamel erosion. It also helps you steer clear of dry mouth, which is a gateway to bad breath. And who needs that?
5) Show Your Gums Some Love: When it comes to improving your smile, you may be laser-focused on getting your teeth whiter, straighter, and overall healthier. Rightfully so, as these are all attributes of a megawatt smile; but you certainly don’t want to leave gum health out of the equation. If you neglect your gums, you’ll start to notice the effects of plaque buildup, which can irritate the gums and cause gingivitis, the earliest stage of gum disease. Seeing blood while brushing and flossing is a tell-tale sign that your gums are suffering. You may also experience gum recession — a condition where the gum tissue surrounding your teeth pulls back, exposing more of your tooth. Brushing at least twice a day with a gum-protecting toothpaste like Sensodyne Sensitivity and Gum, coupled with regular dentist visits, will keep your gums shining as bright as those pearly whites.
The Libra woman and Aries man are the divine feminine and divine masculine, coming together as one. The love compatibility between these two is one for the books. These two are opposite signs, however, their differences tend to complement each other well. This is a dynamic relationship where they know how to have a lot of fun together, but also aren’t afraid to deal with the more serious stuff that comes with a relationship.
The Libra woman is looking for her equal in love, someone who is willing to put in the same effort she is, and the Aries man sees Libra as someone he is willing to do that with.
The Love Compatibility Of A Libra Woman And An Aries Man
What attracts a Libra woman and an Aries man to each other?
There is a magnet of attraction pulling these two together, and things tend to move pretty fast in this relationship. The Libra woman is always open to love and her charming nature rarely has any challenges here. The Aries man fights for his independence and doesn’t sacrifice that unless he is completely enamored with someone.
Once the Aries man catches the eye of the Libra woman, he is typically the one to make the first move and this instantly wins the approval of Libra.
These two feel like they have known each other forever when they meet, and this spark between them doesn’t die down easily.
Hero Images Inc/Getty Images
What is the relationship like between a Libra woman and an Aries man?
The relationship between the Libra woman and the Aries man is one of balance and excitement. The Aries man tends to take on the more dominant role in this relationship and the Libra woman tends to be the more receptive one. Aries is ruled by masculine Mars, and Libra is ruled by feminine Venus. They understand they are coming from two completely different worlds, yet they also instinctively feel this underlying connection to each other and like they could be something each other needs in their lives.
The Libra woman can rely on the Aries man, and the Aries man never has to ask for the love that Libra already knows he needs.
This is a couple that is often reading each other’s minds and wanting to do a lot of the same things. However, not everything is rainbow in this relationship as well, and there are some major differences they have to overcome to make things work. One argument can lead to an explosion between these two, and addressing things when they come up rather than sweeping them under the rug, will be needed to make this relationship long-term.
What is the sex like between a Libra woman and an Aries man?
The sex between a Libra woman and an Aries man is adventurous. These are two cardinal signs with plenty of energy and stamina to keep things exciting in the bedroom. There tends to be a good give and take in this relationship, and their yin and yang energy benefits them when it comes to their sex life.
There is electricity felt between the two of them in this area of their life, and their power of attraction to each other is strong. These are two people who will want to do a lot of things together, including exploring sexually together.
The Aries man will have to be careful with being overly aggressive, however, as the soft Libra woman may not like this energy- it will completely depend on the two individuals at hand. The Libra woman wants to ease into things, the Aries man wants to get going right away. Learning about each other's bodies, and energy, and reading each other’s cues will help with this.
Petri Oeschger/Getty Images
What makes a relationship between a Libra woman and an Aries man work?
These two genuinely like each other, and that basis is a key factor for success in any relationship. The Aries man is straight to the point, direct, and inspired. The Libra woman admires these characteristics in others, as she is often herself finding her balance in this type of energy as well. Neither sign is overly emotional in a way that turns them off, and they both require a lot of the same things in a committed relationship. They want honesty, fun, good communication, passion, and to be moving towards a common goal together.
The Libra woman and Aries man don’t have a problem being real with each other and this is something they really value within the relationship. They are both very charming, and there is plenty of flirtation and attraction to keep this relationship going. Aries being the protector they are, Libra finds a sense of safety and ease in this energy, and like they have found their match. Overall, this is a well-balanced relationship and one where they don’t have a problem when it comes to compatibility or chemistry in the relationship.
What may cause a Libra woman and an Aries man to break up?
Libra is the lover, Aries is the fighter, and this energy may be tiring for the both of them after time. The Libra woman can be passive to a fault, and the Aries man who is not evolved, may take advantage of that. She will need to be careful with putting Aries’ needs above her own, creating resentment later down the road. The Aries man loves a challenge, and the Libra woman would be up for that game for a little bit, but if she is not being met in the middle, she will begin to look for other places. These two can have a difficult time keeping the peace in the relationship, and there could be a lot of arguments and disagreements here if they both aren’t willing to put their egos or self-pleasing attitudes to the side.
The Libra woman and Aries man are both more sensitive than they appear or come off as. They are also not necessarily the type to dive deep into their emotions and express them to others, even in their relationships. However, this energy can keep the relationship to a surface level than what is needed to progress and grow the relationship, and a sense of openness is required for this couple to work. Libra needs romance, she wants to be wowed. Aries needs to remember this and to always consider her love language.
Overall, this is a successful pairing. They will have their fair share of challenges in the relationship, but nothing they can’t overcome if they are willing to. The trouble will come in when it comes to the longevity of the relationship, keeping Aries excited and Libra in love. However, all in all, there is more power, attraction, and love to keep this relationship together rather than apart. No relationship is perfect, but this one is a little more blessed than most.
Let’s make things inbox official! Sign up for the xoNecole newsletter for daily love, wellness, career, and exclusive content delivered straight to your inbox.
Featured image by Weekend Images Inc./Getty Images