The year 2018 treated Tiffany Haddish splendidly by the looks of her accomplishments, and as she pushes full steam ahead, 2019 will likely be no different.
However, the actress and comedian did not get off to the best start, offering a lackluster performance to patrons ready to hit the floor laughing at her stand up routine. On New Year's Eve, she performed at the James L. Knight Center in Miami, where she struggled to remember her own jokes as many fans headed to the nearest exits.
Tiffany Haddish Heckled, Forgets Jokes & Fans Later Walk Out During Comedy Show [VIDEO]www.youtube.com
Tiffany reacted to many news outlets, reporting the fumble with full responsibility:
"Yes, this happened. I wish it was better Miami...I prayed on it and I have a strong feeling this will never happen (sic) again."
As you can imagine, Twitter is on fire with critics and fans the same expressing their thoughts on her less than favorable performance that she eventually cut short to enjoy drinks with fans. Many stars like Chrissy Teigen and Damon Wayans Jr. rushed to her defense with words of empathy and encouragement. Chrissy tweeted:
"I bombed last night too and all I had to do was read a prompter and also I lost an eyeball. f*ck it we good and you are a queen."
Most of us have an understanding that when you are a person that works at their craft, especially those that perform, you are going to have your bad days. Most of us have the pleasure of our bad days not being broadcast for the world to see, and then you have people like Beyoncé, who you can watch fumble down a flight of stairs on your smartphone at any given moment. However, it is important not to use these moments of less than stellar delivery to define a person, or even to define yourself.
The comeback is always stronger than the setback, periodt.
Fans of Tiffany Haddish's are most likely not phased by this mishap as we know that she often uses unpleasant life events to propel herself forward, and will likely laugh at this later. But there is a greater lesson in her minute of defeat, which is if you want to win big, you have to be willing to fail big.
As we head into the new year with our bucket lists and goals in hand, we have to be realistic with the fact that we will not succeed without a few bumps in the road. Many of us will fall off of our horses, and there is no shame in that. However, those of us who are prepared to get back on for the ride are the ones who will succeed in our pursuit. When we share our accomplishments, many of us forget to share how many times we felt defeated.
Tiffany is just like the rest of us creatives, learning a lot about herself along the way. I am sure some of her best performances are yet to come!
Feature image by Emma McIntyre/Getty Images for Netflix
- Tiffany Haddish Saying No To An Unpaid Grammys Gig Is Our Mood Forever - xoNecole: Women's Interest, Love, Wellness, Beauty ›
- Tiffany Haddish Bombs New Year's Eve Performance, Fans Come to ... ›
- Tiffany Haddish Bombs New Year's Eve Set, Crowd Boos ›
- Tiffany Haddish Responds to Fans After Bombing New Year's Eve ... ›
- Tiffany Haddish Issues A Statement About Her Disastrous New ... ›
- Crowd Walks Out as Tiffany Haddish Bombs New Year's Eve Routine ›
- Tiffany Haddish Has Rough New Year's Eve Performance - YouTube ›
- Tiffany Haddish Admits She Bombed in New Year's Eve Gig: 'I Wish ... ›
- Tiffany Haddish Regrets Her Very Rough New Year's Eve Set ›
- Tiffany Haddish bombed on New Year's Eve: 'I wish it was better' ›
- Tiffany Haddish Has Rough New Year's Eve Performance ... ›
New Jersey native creating a life that she loves while living in gratitude. She loves using beauty, and fashion to create a balanced lifestyle while prioritizing wellness. A devoted fur mom, and a full-time lover of laughter. She is out for revenge against the darkness by being light, taking her own advice, traveling the world, and letting you know that you are so lit! Connect with her via IG @iamzaniah and please visit Zaniahsworld.com
This article is in partnership with Sensodyne.
Our teeth are connected to so many things - our nutrition, our confidence, and our overall mood. We often take for granted how important healthy teeth are, until issues like tooth sensitivity or gum recession come to remind us. Like most things related to our bodies, prevention is the best medicine. Here are five things you can do immediately to improve your oral hygiene, prevent tooth sensitivity, and avoid dental issues down the road.
1) Go Easy On the Rough Brushing: Brushing your teeth is and always will be priority number one in the oral hygiene department. No surprises there! However, there is such a thing as applying too much pressure when brushing…and that can lead to problems over time. Use a toothbrush with soft bristles and brush in smooth, circular motions. It may seem counterintuitive, but a gentle approach to brushing is the most effective way to clean those pearly whites without wearing away enamel and exposing sensitive areas of the teeth.
2) Use A Desensitizing Toothpaste: As everyone knows, mouth pain can be highly uncomfortable; but tooth sensitivity is a whole different beast. Hot weather favorites like ice cream and popsicles have the ability to trigger tooth sensitivity, which might make you want to stay away from icy foods altogether. But as always, prevention is the best medicine here. Switching to a toothpaste like Sensodyne’s Sensitivity & Gum toothpaste specifically designed for sensitive teeth will help build a protective layer over sensitive areas of the tooth. Over time, those sharp sensations that occur with extremely cold foods will subside, and you’ll be back to treating yourself to your icy faves like this one!
3) Floss, Rinse, Brush. (And In That Order!): Have you ever heard the saying, “It’s not what you do, but how you do it”? Well, the same thing applies to taking care of your teeth. Even if you are flossing and brushing religiously, you could be missing out on some of the benefits simply because you aren’t doing so in the right order. Flossing is best to do before brushing because it removes food particles and plaque from places your toothbrush can’t reach. After a proper flossing sesh, it is important to rinse out your mouth with water after. Finally, you can whip out your toothbrush and get to brushing. Though many of us commonly rinse with water after brushing to remove excess toothpaste, it may not be the best thing for our teeth. That’s because fluoride, the active ingredient in toothpaste that protects your enamel, works best when it gets to sit on the teeth and continue working its magic. Rinsing with water after brushing doesn’t let the toothpaste go to work like it really can. Changing up your order may take some getting used to, but over time, you’ll see the difference.
4) Stay Hydrated: Upping your water supply is a no-fail way to level up your health overall, and your teeth are no exception to this rule. Drinking water not only helps maintain a healthy pH balance in your mouth, but it also washes away residue and acids that can cause enamel erosion. It also helps you steer clear of dry mouth, which is a gateway to bad breath. And who needs that?
5) Show Your Gums Some Love: When it comes to improving your smile, you may be laser-focused on getting your teeth whiter, straighter, and overall healthier. Rightfully so, as these are all attributes of a megawatt smile; but you certainly don’t want to leave gum health out of the equation. If you neglect your gums, you’ll start to notice the effects of plaque buildup, which can irritate the gums and cause gingivitis, the earliest stage of gum disease. Seeing blood while brushing and flossing is a tell-tale sign that your gums are suffering. You may also experience gum recession — a condition where the gum tissue surrounding your teeth pulls back, exposing more of your tooth. Brushing at least twice a day with a gum-protecting toothpaste like Sensodyne Sensitivity and Gum, coupled with regular dentist visits, will keep your gums shining as bright as those pearly whites.
Watching Angela “Blac Chyna” White’s transformation in real-time has truly been a sight to see. It wasn’t that long ago that she announced that she was reversing her cosmetic surgeries in an effort to go back to who she was before the world came to know her as Blac Chyna. In previous interviews, she stated that she was dissolving her facial and lip fillers, removing her breast implants, and getting a butt reduction, as well as removing the dimple piercings that enhanced her fame and controversial tattoos.
In a recent Tamron Hall interview, the mother of two said that she has “fully recovered” from the procedures. She is also celebrating one year of sobriety and opened up about being worried about how her new journey would be received by others.
“I’ve been in the entertainment industry for so long, right, and of course, like, you know, coming out, I’m like young, I’m gonna do wild things as we all have,” she said.
“...I feel like by me being vocal and showing everybody you can change your life and things can get better, like through myself, that right there is an accomplishment, and that’s a part of freedom, too.”
But as she started on her journey, many people have shown her grace, which is something she’s grateful for. “And then the fact that people have been showing me grace, it’s like amazing,” she said. “And I feel like when I did it, I just did it. It was more so like spiritual thing and I feel like people see that, and I’ve always been like my authentic self, so what you see is kinda what you get with me, and that’s just kinda what it is.”
Chyna, who recently received an honorary doctorate from Sacramento Theology Seminary and Bible College, has also repaired her relationship with her mom, Tokyo Toni. The social media celebrity surprised her daughter on the Tamron Hall Show. Prior to the sentimental surprise, Chyna dished on the reconciliation and having a better understanding of her mom.
“I must say, some of the things I have to take accountability for because, like my actions. As a mother, you don’t want to see your daughter doing certain things ‘cause it’s like it doesn’t matter what my past was or what we’re going through, I didn’t raise you that way,” she admitted. “So, it’s like, okay, maybe I was a little bit wrong. Maybe I was acting out a little bit. But I feel like as we grow older, I kinda see more, and I understand more.”
Chyna will be starring in season two of Fox's reality competition show Special Forces: World's Toughest Test.
Let’s make things inbox official! Sign up for the xoNecole newsletter for daily love, wellness, career, and exclusive content delivered straight to your inbox.
Feature image by Kevin Winter/Getty Images