As a boss woman, it's important to be mindful of not only the people you surround yourself with, but also with the content you consume.
As the saying goes, "You are the average of the five people you spend the most time with." With this in mind, you should think twice about the people you're around and the content you digest.
When you're on your road to bosshood, it's critical that you surround yourself with people and things that can help take you there. Whether you're getting ready to start a new business, going after a promotion, or thinking about going back to school, having the right vibes around is crucial.
One of the easiest (and freest) ways you can surround yourself with the right energy is through email newsletters. Many of our favorite brands, influencers, and companies have newsletters that are sent out every day, week, or month. Being subscribed to the right email lists can give you all the information, inspiration, and content that you need to become the boss woman you aspire to be.
In this post, we've rounded up some of the best newsletters by women-of-color owned businesses that you should subscribe to. If we've missed any that you love, be sure to let us know in the comments!
Regina Anaejionu is a creative business consultant, author, and blogger who's basically your girl boss' favorite girl boss.
In her newsletter, you can always count on Regina to share details and actionable tips on scaling your business, email marketing hacks, and overall just being productive.
Click here to sign up for Regina's newsletter to get all the business gems.
Every week, Mattie James shares marketing and branding tips that anyone can relate to and find useful. One of the things that I Iove the most about Mattie's email newsletter is how personable, yet educational her newsletter is. Reading Mattie's newsletter feels like you're talking to your homegirl that's "made it" but still has time to give you advice.
Click here to sign up for Mattie's newsletter to get your life together + more.
Created by award-winning journalist Rhonesha Byng, HerAgenda is a digital media platform for professional women.
Each week, HerAgenda highlights inspiring blog posts and a "Power Agenda". The Power Agenda is essentially a feature interview but at HerAgenda, it always features dope boss women like Elaine Welteroth or Valerie Jarrett.
Click here to sign up for Her Agenda's newsletter to read weekly inspirational stories from emerging female leaders and for career tips.
ThePlug was founded by Sherrell Dorsey, a data tech journalist that's passionate about sharing smart reporting on everything Black in tech.
Every day, you can count on hearing stories about people of color doing amazing work in tech, while learning about new startup and tech opportunities.
Click here to sign up for ThePlug's newsletter to get your daily scoop on everything Black in tech.
The Mogul Millennial is a digital media startup that provides career and entrepreneurship resources for Black millennials. #ShamelessPlug, the Mogul Millennial was created by Brittani Hunter, a LinkedIn Influencer, Top Voice, and HBCU advocate.
Every week, the Mogul Millennial shares actionable resources for Black millennials that are looking to level up in their business or corporate job, as well as exclusive interviews from Black startup leaders and corporate bosses.
Click here to sign up for Mogul Millennial's weekly newsletter and learn from some of the most inspirational founders and corporate leaders.
CultureBanx, founded by Kori Hale, is a multimedia organization redefining business, finance, and tech news for minorities through music. Before CultureBanx, Kori Hale did amazing work at Cheddar TV and CNBC.
Every day, the team at CultureBanx takes a look at what's going on in tech and business, and brings it all together in an educational way while infusing hip hop music and popular culture.
Click here to sign up for Culture Banx's newsletter to stay in the know on what's impacting our community.
Derived from the brainchild of Blavity and Morgan DeBaun, 21Ninety shares daily lifestyle tips and resources for the modern-day, millennial woman of color.
From getting your healthy recipe of the day, to a new budgeting and savings app, to exercise tips that'll help you focus, 21Ninety's newsletter has everything that boss women need to tackle their day.
Click here to sign up for 21Ninety's daily newsletter.
Nicaila Matthews Okome
SideHustle Pro is best known for its podcast that interviews various boss women in business, but their weekly newsletter is just as amazing.
Every Saturday, the founder of SideHustle Pro (Nicaila Matthews Okome) shares actionable tips on being productive and running a business. Nicaila's tips are not only extremely helpful, but they are easy to digest and implement in your daily life.
Click here to sign up for SideHustle Pro's newsletter, and as Nicaila would say, learn how you can grow your business from "being a passion project to a profitable business."
If you didn't know, xoNecole, created by media mogul Necole Kane, also has a newsletter that goes out three times a week. If you need doses of inspo to keep you lifted during the week, our newsletter will not only keep you motivated but also entertained as you're impatiently waiting on Friday. Our newsletter is filled with the hottest in career, wellness, and relationships that you'll hear first by signing up.
Click here to sign up for our newsletter and get the gems delivered straight to your inbox.
What are some of your favorite business and career email newsletters that we should know about? Let us know below!
Featured image by Shutterstock
- Bozoma Saint John Is A Badass Boss Every Woman Should Know ... ›
- The 19 Books Every Entrepreneur Should Read - xoNecole ›
- 9 Non-Threatening Leadership Strategies for Women ›
- 20 Getting-to-Know-You Questions For Work That Build Trust ›
- The 9 Books Every Boss Should Read | Inc.com ›
- How to Create an Email Newsletter that Will Impress Your Boss ›
- 5 Books by Female Authors That Every First-Time Manager Should ... ›
- Money, Saving & Management Tips - Girlboss ›
- How to Create an Email Newsletter People Actually Read ›
- The Ultimate Get-Ahead Reading List For Women In Media ›
- 5 Newsletters That Should Be in Every Smart Working Woman's ... ›
This article is in partnership with Sensodyne.
Our teeth are connected to so many things - our nutrition, our confidence, and our overall mood. We often take for granted how important healthy teeth are, until issues like tooth sensitivity or gum recession come to remind us. Like most things related to our bodies, prevention is the best medicine. Here are five things you can do immediately to improve your oral hygiene, prevent tooth sensitivity, and avoid dental issues down the road.
1) Go Easy On the Rough Brushing: Brushing your teeth is and always will be priority number one in the oral hygiene department. No surprises there! However, there is such a thing as applying too much pressure when brushing…and that can lead to problems over time. Use a toothbrush with soft bristles and brush in smooth, circular motions. It may seem counterintuitive, but a gentle approach to brushing is the most effective way to clean those pearly whites without wearing away enamel and exposing sensitive areas of the teeth.
2) Use A Desensitizing Toothpaste: As everyone knows, mouth pain can be highly uncomfortable; but tooth sensitivity is a whole different beast. Hot weather favorites like ice cream and popsicles have the ability to trigger tooth sensitivity, which might make you want to stay away from icy foods altogether. But as always, prevention is the best medicine here. Switching to a toothpaste like Sensodyne’s Sensitivity & Gum toothpaste specifically designed for sensitive teeth will help build a protective layer over sensitive areas of the tooth. Over time, those sharp sensations that occur with extremely cold foods will subside, and you’ll be back to treating yourself to your icy faves like this one!
3) Floss, Rinse, Brush. (And In That Order!): Have you ever heard the saying, “It’s not what you do, but how you do it”? Well, the same thing applies to taking care of your teeth. Even if you are flossing and brushing religiously, you could be missing out on some of the benefits simply because you aren’t doing so in the right order. Flossing is best to do before brushing because it removes food particles and plaque from places your toothbrush can’t reach. After a proper flossing sesh, it is important to rinse out your mouth with water after. Finally, you can whip out your toothbrush and get to brushing. Though many of us commonly rinse with water after brushing to remove excess toothpaste, it may not be the best thing for our teeth. That’s because fluoride, the active ingredient in toothpaste that protects your enamel, works best when it gets to sit on the teeth and continue working its magic. Rinsing with water after brushing doesn’t let the toothpaste go to work like it really can. Changing up your order may take some getting used to, but over time, you’ll see the difference.
4) Stay Hydrated: Upping your water supply is a no-fail way to level up your health overall, and your teeth are no exception to this rule. Drinking water not only helps maintain a healthy pH balance in your mouth, but it also washes away residue and acids that can cause enamel erosion. It also helps you steer clear of dry mouth, which is a gateway to bad breath. And who needs that?
5) Show Your Gums Some Love: When it comes to improving your smile, you may be laser-focused on getting your teeth whiter, straighter, and overall healthier. Rightfully so, as these are all attributes of a megawatt smile; but you certainly don’t want to leave gum health out of the equation. If you neglect your gums, you’ll start to notice the effects of plaque buildup, which can irritate the gums and cause gingivitis, the earliest stage of gum disease. Seeing blood while brushing and flossing is a tell-tale sign that your gums are suffering. You may also experience gum recession — a condition where the gum tissue surrounding your teeth pulls back, exposing more of your tooth. Brushing at least twice a day with a gum-protecting toothpaste like Sensodyne Sensitivity and Gum, coupled with regular dentist visits, will keep your gums shining as bright as those pearly whites.
The Libra woman and Aries man are the divine feminine and divine masculine, coming together as one. The love compatibility between these two is one for the books. These two are opposite signs, however, their differences tend to complement each other well. This is a dynamic relationship where they know how to have a lot of fun together, but also aren’t afraid to deal with the more serious stuff that comes with a relationship.
The Libra woman is looking for her equal in love, someone who is willing to put in the same effort she is, and the Aries man sees Libra as someone he is willing to do that with.
The Love Compatibility Of A Libra Woman And An Aries Man
What attracts a Libra woman and an Aries man to each other?
There is a magnet of attraction pulling these two together, and things tend to move pretty fast in this relationship. The Libra woman is always open to love and her charming nature rarely has any challenges here. The Aries man fights for his independence and doesn’t sacrifice that unless he is completely enamored with someone.
Once the Aries man catches the eye of the Libra woman, he is typically the one to make the first move and this instantly wins the approval of Libra.
These two feel like they have known each other forever when they meet, and this spark between them doesn’t die down easily.
Hero Images Inc/Getty Images
What is the relationship like between a Libra woman and an Aries man?
The relationship between the Libra woman and the Aries man is one of balance and excitement. The Aries man tends to take on the more dominant role in this relationship and the Libra woman tends to be the more receptive one. Aries is ruled by masculine Mars, and Libra is ruled by feminine Venus. They understand they are coming from two completely different worlds, yet they also instinctively feel this underlying connection to each other and like they could be something each other needs in their lives.
The Libra woman can rely on the Aries man, and the Aries man never has to ask for the love that Libra already knows he needs.
This is a couple that is often reading each other’s minds and wanting to do a lot of the same things. However, not everything is rainbow in this relationship as well, and there are some major differences they have to overcome to make things work. One argument can lead to an explosion between these two, and addressing things when they come up rather than sweeping them under the rug, will be needed to make this relationship long-term.
What is the sex like between a Libra woman and an Aries man?
The sex between a Libra woman and an Aries man is adventurous. These are two cardinal signs with plenty of energy and stamina to keep things exciting in the bedroom. There tends to be a good give and take in this relationship, and their yin and yang energy benefits them when it comes to their sex life.
There is electricity felt between the two of them in this area of their life, and their power of attraction to each other is strong. These are two people who will want to do a lot of things together, including exploring sexually together.
The Aries man will have to be careful with being overly aggressive, however, as the soft Libra woman may not like this energy- it will completely depend on the two individuals at hand. The Libra woman wants to ease into things, the Aries man wants to get going right away. Learning about each other's bodies, and energy, and reading each other’s cues will help with this.
Petri Oeschger/Getty Images
What makes a relationship between a Libra woman and an Aries man work?
These two genuinely like each other, and that basis is a key factor for success in any relationship. The Aries man is straight to the point, direct, and inspired. The Libra woman admires these characteristics in others, as she is often herself finding her balance in this type of energy as well. Neither sign is overly emotional in a way that turns them off, and they both require a lot of the same things in a committed relationship. They want honesty, fun, good communication, passion, and to be moving towards a common goal together.
The Libra woman and Aries man don’t have a problem being real with each other and this is something they really value within the relationship. They are both very charming, and there is plenty of flirtation and attraction to keep this relationship going. Aries being the protector they are, Libra finds a sense of safety and ease in this energy, and like they have found their match. Overall, this is a well-balanced relationship and one where they don’t have a problem when it comes to compatibility or chemistry in the relationship.
What may cause a Libra woman and an Aries man to break up?
Libra is the lover, Aries is the fighter, and this energy may be tiring for the both of them after time. The Libra woman can be passive to a fault, and the Aries man who is not evolved, may take advantage of that. She will need to be careful with putting Aries’ needs above her own, creating resentment later down the road. The Aries man loves a challenge, and the Libra woman would be up for that game for a little bit, but if she is not being met in the middle, she will begin to look for other places. These two can have a difficult time keeping the peace in the relationship, and there could be a lot of arguments and disagreements here if they both aren’t willing to put their egos or self-pleasing attitudes to the side.
The Libra woman and Aries man are both more sensitive than they appear or come off as. They are also not necessarily the type to dive deep into their emotions and express them to others, even in their relationships. However, this energy can keep the relationship to a surface level than what is needed to progress and grow the relationship, and a sense of openness is required for this couple to work. Libra needs romance, she wants to be wowed. Aries needs to remember this and to always consider her love language.
Overall, this is a successful pairing. They will have their fair share of challenges in the relationship, but nothing they can’t overcome if they are willing to. The trouble will come in when it comes to the longevity of the relationship, keeping Aries excited and Libra in love. However, all in all, there is more power, attraction, and love to keep this relationship together rather than apart. No relationship is perfect, but this one is a little more blessed than most.
Let’s make things inbox official! Sign up for the xoNecole newsletter for daily love, wellness, career, and exclusive content delivered straight to your inbox.
Featured image by Weekend Images Inc./Getty Images