The love compatibility between a Gemini woman and a Leo man is like fireworks going off. You are either in complete awe of the magic that is standing in front of you or asking yourself what all the commotion is. A Gemini and Leo relationship is the couple that stands out in a room, and they are a social bunch. They love to do things together to experience life to the fullest, and they are often grabbing the attention of others.
This is the type of couple to make new friends wherever they go and truly enjoy being in each other’s company. Life will never be dull in this relationship, and if they can get over ego clashes and the need to control, there will be more things keeping this relationship together rather than apart.
What attracts a Gemini woman and a Leo man to each other?
The Gemini woman is attracted to the Leo man's confident demeanor, and Leo is attracted to Gemini's charm. These two are the social butterflies in any setting, so they are often in the same places for a meeting to occur. They have a lot of similarities and interests, a similar sense of humor, and joy for life. The Gemini woman loves to be intrigued and will have no problem getting to know the Leo man. Leo loves to be noticed and well-received and will feel a sense of endearment when it comes to Gemini's keen eye and curiosity toward them.
The Leo man can grab the attention of just about anyone, but can anyone grab the attention of the Leo man? The Gemini woman can. The Gemini woman is not just stunning, but she is also a little unusual, with a high intellect and enough layers to make a Leo man want to know more. Some may warn Leo about the Gemini woman and how he is about to be on a big adventure by diving into this relationship, but Leo doesn't care and has never feared anything, anyway.
What is the relationship like between a Gemini woman and a Leo man?
This is a relationship that can make it long-term if they are both willing to commit and put the work in. Gemini and Leo have instant chemistry, flirtatious energy, and there is a natural spark here. They are the type to not shy away from PDA and are not afraid to express how they are feeling about the relationship. They are open, outgoing, and will love to have fun together and experience life together.
However, both of these signs are high-energy, and at times, energies can clash. Gemini is often in their mind, and Leo is often in their heart (or their pride). Leo will want a type of devotion that Gemini may not be willing to give. It’s hard to grab the attention of the Gemini woman for long because they are always finding new interests and putting their attention elsewhere. After a while, this can feel like the absolute worse for the Leo man, who needs to feel their light is received and appreciated. If Leo is willing to communicate how they are feeling and not expect Gemini to be a mind-reader, and if Gemini is willing to commit to the relationship, this can be a beautiful partnership.
What is the sex like between a Gemini woman and a Leo man?
The sexual chemistry between a Gemini woman and a Leo man is off the charts. These two are adventurous when it comes to this area of life, and they often incline toward doing the deed in more unusual or unique places other than the bed as well. They encourage spontaneity and adventure in each other and have a lot of fun in this relationship. This is not the type of couple to judge each other romantically, and there are no rules or restrictions in the bedroom for them. They both deeply desire passion and excitement and go about their life looking to feel something. Together, they create a safe atmosphere to be vulnerable, to be fun, and most importantly, to be free.
What makes a relationship between a Gemini woman and a Leo man work?
What makes a relationship work between a Gemini woman and a Leo man is their love for life. They both tend to have a more optimistic view of the world and coming together, they can share that vision and enjoy a fun life together. This isn't the type of couple to get bored with each other easily. They also value their independence enough to where they have the necessary breathing room they both need in a relationship to be happy.
Gemini is on a constant quest for inspiration, and Leo inspires Gemini. Personality-wise, this is a great fit in Astrology. Some zodiac signs coming together can bring out the worst in each other, but when it comes to Gemini and Leo, they tend to bring out the more exciting and happy sides of each other. Leo's loyalty makes Gemini feel safe enough to be herself, whereas some of her other partners may have made her feel like she was too weird or quirky for them. Gemini's sense of adventure and curiosity for the world keeps Leo's heart beating, and this is the type of passion Leo looks for in all their relationships.
What may cause a Gemini woman and a Leo man to break up?
Challenges may arise in this relationship when it comes to ego clashes, commitment, and respect. The Leo man needs his ego fed more than the Gemini woman feels comfortable giving, and the Leo man will often crave more devotion in the relationship. The Gemini woman may start to feel controlled by Leo's bold and dominant energy and like they are going against some of their personal values and interests, which is an absolute deal-breaker for Gemini. The Gemini woman doesn't have a problem committing, but she will not be forced into it. This is the type of couple to rebel against each other if things go south, and they can create more separation than connection if it goes too far.
The Leo man will have to let Gemini be herself while trusting that she will respect the relationship while doing so. Gemini is a mutable sign that will often want to switch things up and doesn't mind change. Leo, being a fixed sign, doesn't do as well when it comes to change, and his stubbornness may get in the way of growth in the relationship. The Gemini woman may shake things up in the relationship just for the fun of it, and the Leo man will find this energy distasteful after a while. This won't be a traditional relationship with traditional gender roles, and they must be willing to learn and grow with each other rather than challenge each other's need to make things work here.
All in all, this is the type of relationship that others look at in public and wish they had something like it. There is something exciting about this connection, and the fun they have together is contagious- you can literally see the spark between these two. Being that both of these signs have a child-like demeanor, this relationship heals their inner child and awakens a part of them they’ve felt like they had to hide in previous relationships.
Geminis, in general, are not always the easiest partner to have or to get to settle down, but if anyone is going to be able to do that, it’s going to be a Leo. If they meet at the right time in their lives and have mutual respect for each other and the relationship, this has all of the potential to work out for both of them.
Let’s make things inbox official! Sign up for the xoNecole newsletter for daily love, wellness, career, and exclusive content delivered straight to your inbox.
Featured image by Hero Images Inc/Getty Images
- The Personality & Love Compatibility Of A Leo, Explained. ›
- Everything You Should Know About The Gemini Zodiac Sign ›
- Here's Your Sex Style, Based On Astrology ›
- How Geminis Match In Love With Each Sign - xoNecole: Lifestyle, Culture, Love, & Wellness ›
Tayler Barakat is a Mystic who has studied Astrology for over a decade. She does intuitive astrology and tarot readings for people all over the world, and her work focuses on healing and empowering individuals. Follow her on Instagram @taylerbarakat_ and check out her website www.listentothevirgo.com.
This article is in partnership with Sensodyne.
Our teeth are connected to so many things - our nutrition, our confidence, and our overall mood. We often take for granted how important healthy teeth are, until issues like tooth sensitivity or gum recession come to remind us. Like most things related to our bodies, prevention is the best medicine. Here are five things you can do immediately to improve your oral hygiene, prevent tooth sensitivity, and avoid dental issues down the road.
1) Go Easy On the Rough Brushing: Brushing your teeth is and always will be priority number one in the oral hygiene department. No surprises there! However, there is such a thing as applying too much pressure when brushing…and that can lead to problems over time. Use a toothbrush with soft bristles and brush in smooth, circular motions. It may seem counterintuitive, but a gentle approach to brushing is the most effective way to clean those pearly whites without wearing away enamel and exposing sensitive areas of the teeth.
2) Use A Desensitizing Toothpaste: As everyone knows, mouth pain can be highly uncomfortable; but tooth sensitivity is a whole different beast. Hot weather favorites like ice cream and popsicles have the ability to trigger tooth sensitivity, which might make you want to stay away from icy foods altogether. But as always, prevention is the best medicine here. Switching to a toothpaste like Sensodyne’s Sensitivity & Gum toothpaste specifically designed for sensitive teeth will help build a protective layer over sensitive areas of the tooth. Over time, those sharp sensations that occur with extremely cold foods will subside, and you’ll be back to treating yourself to your icy faves like this one!
3) Floss, Rinse, Brush. (And In That Order!): Have you ever heard the saying, “It’s not what you do, but how you do it”? Well, the same thing applies to taking care of your teeth. Even if you are flossing and brushing religiously, you could be missing out on some of the benefits simply because you aren’t doing so in the right order. Flossing is best to do before brushing because it removes food particles and plaque from places your toothbrush can’t reach. After a proper flossing sesh, it is important to rinse out your mouth with water after. Finally, you can whip out your toothbrush and get to brushing. Though many of us commonly rinse with water after brushing to remove excess toothpaste, it may not be the best thing for our teeth. That’s because fluoride, the active ingredient in toothpaste that protects your enamel, works best when it gets to sit on the teeth and continue working its magic. Rinsing with water after brushing doesn’t let the toothpaste go to work like it really can. Changing up your order may take some getting used to, but over time, you’ll see the difference.
4) Stay Hydrated: Upping your water supply is a no-fail way to level up your health overall, and your teeth are no exception to this rule. Drinking water not only helps maintain a healthy pH balance in your mouth, but it also washes away residue and acids that can cause enamel erosion. It also helps you steer clear of dry mouth, which is a gateway to bad breath. And who needs that?
5) Show Your Gums Some Love: When it comes to improving your smile, you may be laser-focused on getting your teeth whiter, straighter, and overall healthier. Rightfully so, as these are all attributes of a megawatt smile; but you certainly don’t want to leave gum health out of the equation. If you neglect your gums, you’ll start to notice the effects of plaque buildup, which can irritate the gums and cause gingivitis, the earliest stage of gum disease. Seeing blood while brushing and flossing is a tell-tale sign that your gums are suffering. You may also experience gum recession — a condition where the gum tissue surrounding your teeth pulls back, exposing more of your tooth. Brushing at least twice a day with a gum-protecting toothpaste like Sensodyne Sensitivity and Gum, coupled with regular dentist visits, will keep your gums shining as bright as those pearly whites.
The first big leap was moving to a new city and getting settled into my new home. The next big leap? Was finding community and belonging. Moving to a new city excited me! I looked forward to having my own apartment, decorating it, and exploring what the city had to offer. I also found excitement in the thought of meeting new people and expanding my connections. When it actually came down to it, I felt nervous. I heard that making new friends as an adult can be hard because we all have different responsibilities and schedules that may not align. I knew in order for me to really feel at home in my new city, I had to create community.
Having a community of people who I can share memories with, lean on in times of need, and inspire each other is something I always valued. I took a moment to truly center in on what I desired from the new friends I would make. Then I realized it all would have to start with me. I had to be centered and confident in who I was to attract who I desired to be aligned with. As someone who moved to a new city and established quality friendships, I gathered these six tips that helped me feel grounded and create community in hopes that it will help you, too.
6 tips to start building community and making new friends in a new city:
Sean Anthony Eddy/ Getty Images
Be true to yourself
Do you know who you are? If someone asked you to describe yourself in three words, what words would you use? In order to develop deep friendships, you must be a friend to yourself first. Know what refuels you and what zaps your energy. Self-study your habits and why you do the things you do. All this will be important to keep in mind when looking to create bonds with others. Every day there’s all kinds of people telling you who you should be, how you should act, or what you should wear. At the end of the day, the only opinion about yourself that truly matters is your own. Spend some alone time with yourself indoors or out at an event you like to truly discover who you are in this season of your life.
Pray about it
Before you step out into the world and cross paths with all kinds of people, it’s important to pray about building your community. God outlines what true friendship looks like in numerous Bible verses such as "Iron sharpens iron." - Proverbs 27:17 and “Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed.” - Ecclesiastes 4:9-12. If you desire friendships that last, pray about what you seek in friendship. I remember praying for mentally stable, happy, and whole women who moved through life with abundance mindsets. Take a moment to journal about the community you want to build and then pray on it.
Go to fun events to meet people who share your interests
Most metropolitan cities like Washington, D.C., New York City, and Atlanta are known to have strong young professional communities and events where you can connect with others. I highly encourage you to attend events in or near your community to see what the city is like and meet people. It’s likely that the people at the event have the same interests as you, which is a great way to start a conversation. You can start by searching for events on Eventbrite or following Instagram pages that highlight events happening in your city.
Carlos Barquero/ Getty Images
Accept that you won’t be compatible with everyone you meet
While living in your new city, it’s likely you’ll meet a variety of people. Please know that everyone you meet will not bud into lasting friendships, and that’s okay! You are uniquely created and not made for everyone. Then you’ll meet people who are good for only surface-level connections, and then you’ll have your girls who you can get deep with. I think sometimes people can look down on surface-level friendships, but not everyone needs to fully know you. That’s a privilege to have and to accept within yourself. Continue to check in with yourself and be real about who you crave to spend more time with and who is nice to see for a monthly or quarterly catch-up.
Join Facebook groups & GroupMe chats
If you haven’t used Facebook in a couple of years, it’s time to dust your profile off. Facebook Groups is a great place to join online communities for people who just moved to a new city like you. Typically, you have to agree to the group’s guidelines, and then you can join. For example, you can search for groups in the Facebook app by using keywords like women, Black girl, or [the name of your city] foodies. With the GroupMe app, you’ll have to be invited to join an already existing group. While you’re out and about networking, don’t hesitate to ask if they’re in any online groups/communities they recommend you join too.
Be friendly to folks in your neighborhood
When I first moved to my new apartment, I spent the first week walking around the complex and working in the community spaces to get a better feel of it. I was able to meet people in my neighborhood, enjoy small talk, and learn more about what the community has to offer. Step outside of your comfort zone and work in your apartment’s community space or a local coffee shop to connect with others.
Overall, you may feel alone in your new city, but I guarantee you’re not. There are other people experiencing living in a new city too, and all you need to do is find each other. I hope these tips help ease the nervous feelings you have about building a new community and inspire you to make a new friend today!
Let’s make things inbox official! Sign up for the xoNecole newsletter for daily love, wellness, career, and exclusive content delivered straight to your inbox.
Feature image by Nappy/ Pexels