Yoni care should be a part of every woman's self-care regimen. Yes, your vagina is self-cleaning but just like any other part of your body, there is regular maintenance that needs to be a priority. There is an entire market out there dedicated to vaginal health with products ranging from organic pads, cleansers, vaginal steams, yoni eggs, and countless other tools to help keep your yoni in healthy condition. Some of us tend to live toxic lifestyles in our everyday routines, such as not having healthy diets, and this can contribute to heavier cycles, cramps, or PMS symptoms. Let's face it, there is a lot going on down there, a daily routine can help in even the smallest of ways. Women have a monthly detox period, but it has to be maintained.
One product that has some benefits and is easy to add to your yoni regimen is the Pangaea Pearls™ from Embrace Pangaea. Over the last few years, vaginal steams have become popular in the American market as a way to detox your womb. However, yoni pearls have the same benefits as vaginal steam but come in a much more compact package. The founder of Embrace Pangaea, T.C. Atkinson had her own journey trying to maintain balance in her own self-care regimen, "I've always been one to solve my own problems. Solving my own problems was the key. In 2012, in a past relationship, my then partner's sperm caused an imbalance in my vagina. I experienced bouts with BV, and my pH being off. I'm Jamaican and I wanted natural, herbal options. I researched and found yoni pearls and decided to use them for myself. After my great results and seeing that they worked, I wanted to share with others." Here is what you should know if you are going to give these pearls a try.
Disclaimer: This article intends to relay information, not prescribe you with a solution to your vaginal care. As with anything, please consult with your doctor physcian before using this product.
What Are Yoni Detox Pearls & Why You Need To Detox Your Womb
So, what are yoni pearls?
Yoni pearls are basically a holistic organic way to maintain feminine health. It is considered a detox that has claims of improving a variety of conditions, including yeast infections, bacterial infections, infertility, fibroids, heavy/irregular menstruation, vaginal odor, ovarian cyst, vaginal dryness, urine incontinence, genital itching, and expelling fluid build-ups that may cause other unwanted issues. There have been some claims that yoni pearls have improved vaginal tightness and have enhanced sex life after use.
How do yoni pearls work?
The pearls are extremely potent in the sense that they have strong pulling capabilities that allow them to leech out impurities and toxins from your womb. Once the pearls are inserted, the herbs begin to break down the buildup of toxins that are inside that begin causing an unbalanced environment. Specifically, the Pangaea Pearls™:
- Increases blood flow to the vaginal area.
- Provides nutrients that can move from food into the area to revitalize cells.
- Rids the vagina of bad bacteria and fungi.
How do you use yoni pearls?
To use and properly insert the yoni detox pearls is pretty straightforward. Here are the directions:
- Wash your hands before removing the detox from the sealed package.
- Unravel the strings around the pearl and tie a knot to close the pearl and for easy removal.
- Place one pearl in the canal of your vagina and use your finger to push the detox pearl deeply into your vagina.
- Leave the detox in your vagina for only one day.
- Wear a pantyliner and allow the vagina to discharge any toxins for 24-48 hours.
- Wait 24-48 hours before inserting the next yoni pearl.
- Wash your hands before removing the detox.
- Please wait 2-3 days before inserting another detox, and if you are currently experiencing any gynecological disorder, please seek the assistance of a licensed medical practitioner.
How often should a woman use yoni pearls and why?
To be the most effective, yoni pearls should be used periodically. It is suggested that the Pangaea Pearls™ are used in a 6-7 day process. So you definitely need to plan to have enough time for the full detox to process in your body. You want to make sure your diet is aligned, you are drinking water and you are scheduling sex around your detox. It is also necessary that you are not on your cycle when you start the detox for a deeper cleanse.
What does each of the herbs in the yoni pearls contribute to cleansing your womb?
The herbs in the yoni pearls serve as the most important component to help with the cleansing of the womb. Each herb has a specific job that creates the type of healthy environment that your body needs. There are three key 3 herbs in each pearl:
Motherwort - Motherwort plays a key role in rejuvenating the womb by toning, lubricating, and increasing elasticity.
Angelica - Angelica is key in regulating menstruation, balancing estrogen levels, and improving fertility.
Borneol - Borneol plays a key role in reducing pain, controlling hot flashes, tightening the vagina, and reducing uterine discharges.
How do you know if you need to use yoni pearls?
Yoni pearls are not an everyday product but more of a maintenance tool that should be used periodically. The pearls also are a holistic tool used for womb cleansing. It is very important to have your mental space clear and aligned with your body. If you are experiencing any internal conflicts, it is best to wait to use the pearls. Remember that using holistic healthcare regimens means that you are making a lifestyle decision and not a fly by night fix.
According to Atkinson, "Women fall into two groups who normally use Pangaea Pearls™. They are either women who experience imbalance, PCOS, BV, yeasts, or vaginal dryness. The other group is women who just need a detox to clean their womb."
Under what conditions should you NOT use yoni pearls?
Here are a few considerations you should know before using yoni pearls. Depending on what your health status is when you decide to use the pearls, there are a few conditions under which you should not use yoni pearls:
- If you are on your cycle, do not use the pearls because they are not designed to absorb menstrual blood.
- If you and your partner have consistent sex, it is best to communicate and schedule sex around your womb detox.
- If you are someone who hasn't had your hymen broken - it's an insert - it is not recommend to break your hymen because of a detox.
- If you are currently pregnant, do not use the detox. The herbs are extremely potent and drawing herbs.
- If you are currently breastfeeding, it is not recommended to use as the pearls can potentially reduce breastmilk flow.
Detoxing your womb offers many benefits for your holistic self-care routine. If you are already a fan of vaginal steams, this option might be for you. For more information on the Pangaea Pearls™, check out Embrace Pangaea and their companion products to elevate your yoni care.
Are you a member of our insiders squad? Join us in the xoTribe Members Community today!
Featured image by Shutterstock
- I Detoxed My Uterus - xoNecole: Women's Interest, Love, Wellness ... ›
- Foods That Keep Your Vagina Smelling Right - xoNecole: Women's ... ›
- This SHEeo Healed Her Vagina Holistically & Created A Brand To ... ›
- Women Are Using Yoni Steams To Heal Themselves From ... ›
- Vagina Self-Care Tips, Vaginal Self-Care - xoNecole: Women's Interest, Love, Wellness, Beauty ›
- What Is Yoni Steaming? Guide - xoNecole: Women's Interest, Love, Wellness, Beauty ›
- Itching Vagina After Sex: Normal? Causes? - xoNecole: Women's Interest, Love, Wellness, Beauty ›
- Different Vagina Smells Meaning - xoNecole: Women's Interest, Love, Wellness, Beauty ›
- Vagina Detox Pearls - What Happened When I Tried It Out ›
- Yoni Pearls & Pantyliners... Do You Need Them? | Yoni Detox Pearl ... ›
- Yoni Pearls ›
- Q & A – Asha Natural Yoni Care ›
- V-STEAMING & YONI DETOX PEARL FAQS-HOLISTIC WELLNESS ... ›
- Ask An OB-GYN: Do Vaginal Detox Pearls Really Work? - Essence ›
- Yoni Pearls: Everything You Need to Know About This "Vaginal Detox" ›
This article is in partnership with Sensodyne.
Our teeth are connected to so many things - our nutrition, our confidence, and our overall mood. We often take for granted how important healthy teeth are, until issues like tooth sensitivity or gum recession come to remind us. Like most things related to our bodies, prevention is the best medicine. Here are five things you can do immediately to improve your oral hygiene, prevent tooth sensitivity, and avoid dental issues down the road.
1) Go Easy On the Rough Brushing: Brushing your teeth is and always will be priority number one in the oral hygiene department. No surprises there! However, there is such a thing as applying too much pressure when brushing…and that can lead to problems over time. Use a toothbrush with soft bristles and brush in smooth, circular motions. It may seem counterintuitive, but a gentle approach to brushing is the most effective way to clean those pearly whites without wearing away enamel and exposing sensitive areas of the teeth.
2) Use A Desensitizing Toothpaste: As everyone knows, mouth pain can be highly uncomfortable; but tooth sensitivity is a whole different beast. Hot weather favorites like ice cream and popsicles have the ability to trigger tooth sensitivity, which might make you want to stay away from icy foods altogether. But as always, prevention is the best medicine here. Switching to a toothpaste like Sensodyne’s Sensitivity & Gum toothpaste specifically designed for sensitive teeth will help build a protective layer over sensitive areas of the tooth. Over time, those sharp sensations that occur with extremely cold foods will subside, and you’ll be back to treating yourself to your icy faves like this one!
3) Floss, Rinse, Brush. (And In That Order!): Have you ever heard the saying, “It’s not what you do, but how you do it”? Well, the same thing applies to taking care of your teeth. Even if you are flossing and brushing religiously, you could be missing out on some of the benefits simply because you aren’t doing so in the right order. Flossing is best to do before brushing because it removes food particles and plaque from places your toothbrush can’t reach. After a proper flossing sesh, it is important to rinse out your mouth with water after. Finally, you can whip out your toothbrush and get to brushing. Though many of us commonly rinse with water after brushing to remove excess toothpaste, it may not be the best thing for our teeth. That’s because fluoride, the active ingredient in toothpaste that protects your enamel, works best when it gets to sit on the teeth and continue working its magic. Rinsing with water after brushing doesn’t let the toothpaste go to work like it really can. Changing up your order may take some getting used to, but over time, you’ll see the difference.
4) Stay Hydrated: Upping your water supply is a no-fail way to level up your health overall, and your teeth are no exception to this rule. Drinking water not only helps maintain a healthy pH balance in your mouth, but it also washes away residue and acids that can cause enamel erosion. It also helps you steer clear of dry mouth, which is a gateway to bad breath. And who needs that?
5) Show Your Gums Some Love: When it comes to improving your smile, you may be laser-focused on getting your teeth whiter, straighter, and overall healthier. Rightfully so, as these are all attributes of a megawatt smile; but you certainly don’t want to leave gum health out of the equation. If you neglect your gums, you’ll start to notice the effects of plaque buildup, which can irritate the gums and cause gingivitis, the earliest stage of gum disease. Seeing blood while brushing and flossing is a tell-tale sign that your gums are suffering. You may also experience gum recession — a condition where the gum tissue surrounding your teeth pulls back, exposing more of your tooth. Brushing at least twice a day with a gum-protecting toothpaste like Sensodyne Sensitivity and Gum, coupled with regular dentist visits, will keep your gums shining as bright as those pearly whites.
With two Eclipses happening this month, this is one of the powerhouse months of 2023 and one that will be unforgettable for many. The month begins in Libra Season, and with Mercury also entering Libra on October 4th. When Mercury is in Libra, the focus is on keeping the peace, creating harmony, and finding the beauty in life. Relationships, finances, pleasure, and creation are all the focus during Libra Season, and this month overall will be creating a lot of positive change in these areas of life.
What October 2023 Has In Store For Your Zodiac Sign
On October 8th, Venus moves into earth sign Virgo, and love takes on a more serious and grounded tone here. Venus in Virgo has high standards and wants the best of the best. There is a possibility of becoming overly critical in love or relationships with this energy, however overall, Venus in Virgo will be focused on letting go of unhealthy behaviors in love and creating more positive ways of relating, giving, and receiving in relationships. A few days later, Pluto goes direct in Capricorn after going retrograde in Aquarius back in May, and fewer power struggles and obstacles are more likely.
With Pluto direct in Capricorn, it is easier to reach your goals, build success, and see your own self-empowerment in it all.
On October 12th, Mars enters Scorpio, and Mars loves being in this water sign as it’s the ruler of Scorpio. Mars in Scorpio is passionate and direct and heats things up when it comes to your relationships. Mars will be in Scorpio until November 24th, and a spark is definitely being lit. A few days later, we have a New Moon Solar Eclipse in Libra.
This Solar Eclipse is creating a fresh start in love, but may also be bringing things to the forefront that are uncomfortable to see. A Solar Eclipse in Libra is relationship-oriented, and this is where you will be seeing the most impact now.
Before the month ends, Mercury enters Scorpio on October 22nd, Scorpio Season begins on the 23rd, and there is a Full Moon Lunar Eclipse in Taurus on October 28th. The end of October is when a lot of big moves are being made, and transformations are occurring, and it’s about letting go of baggage before moving forward again. The Lunar Eclipse in Taurus is another eclipse that has an impact on relationships, as both Libra and Taurus are ruled by Venus, the planet of love.
Through what is changing and transforming in some of your close relationships, this energy suggests there is greater love on the other side of it. Find gratitude in where you are, and stand in hope and self-belief for where you want to be.
Your October 2023 Monthly Horoscopes
ARIESAriesKyra Jay for xoNecole
Your strength is needed this month, Aries. During October, the Sun is in Libra, meaning the Sun is in your 7th house. The 7th house is the house of love and relationships, but it’s also the house of open enemies and opposition. This month, you will be finding your balance between the opening you are seeing in your life right now and what still needs to be built.
On October 14th, there is a New Moon Solar Eclipse in this area of your chart, the 7th house, and this is an impactful time for you emotionally. The intentions you have been setting in your love life and financially are creating a new scene for you. This is a good month to do more of the things that make you happy, to get creative, and to notice the beauty in your life. Before the month ends, your ruling planet, Mars, moves into your 8th house, and things get deep and even more emotional for you moving into November.
TAURUSTaurusKyra Jay for xoNecole
October is a month of reflection for you, Taurus. There is a lot happening this month and a lot happening for you personally, yet you are taking the time to tend to your inner world and recreate your safe spaces. With Venus in a fellow earth sign and in your 5th house of romance for most of this month, you will be sure to have plenty of love in your life to help you through some of the downtime you are getting in October.
Mars moves into your house of love on October 12th, and this is heating things up for you in your relationships and sex life. Fuel your passions and notice what is lighting you up inside right now. Before the month ends, on October 28th, there is a Full Moon Lunar Eclipse in your sign, and you are going through some major life changes. You are closing one chapter of your life of self-discovery and moving forward with a new view of yourself and the world around you.
GEMINIGeminiKyra Jay for xoNecole
This month is all about letting go, Gemini. You are moving through a time of releasing what has been filling your world with more chaos and confusion than clarity and are paving a new path for yourself. Your ruling planet, Mercury, is in your house of happiness for most of this month, and you are really thinking of the things that your heart wants and expressing yourself through this space of openness as well. Communication channels are exciting for you this month.
On October 14th, the New Moon Eclipse will be highlighting all of the energy of love you have been feeling this month and will be helping you hone in on your creative passions and hobbies as well. This month is surprising you on how well things turn out when you let go of what isn’t working. The second eclipse of the month is on the 28th, and this one for you is about laying the past to rest once and for all and giving yourself time to heal and process.
CANCERCancerKyra Jay for xoNecole
October is an activating month for you, Cancer. There are some eye-opening moments happening, and a lot of things are coming to a head. The energy of the month is about letting things find their place and allowing yourself to be okay in the process. Venus is in your 3rd house of communication for most of this month, and you will be able to communicate more freely how you are feeling and what you need in your relationships right now.
With the Sun in Libra and in your 4th house for most of October, home is really where the heart is right now. Spending time in comfortable environments where you feel the most at ease is nourishing. Before the month ends, there is a Full Moon Lunar Eclipse in your 11th house of community, and things are coming full circle for you. Lean on your support systems and community for an extra hand, and know that you deserve to take up space.
LEOLeoKyra Jay for xoNecole
This is a month of things moving forward for you, Leo. Patience is still needed, as things may not be moving as quickly as expected, however, they are moving nonetheless, and you are leaving the space of stagnation you have been feeling the past couple of months. Openings are coming into your life, and with Venus now in your 2nd house, you are able to capitalize on what you have been investing in and claim your abundance.
The Solar Eclipse happening mid-month will be awakening something within you when it comes to expressing yourself. You are breaking free from fears, limitations, and self-judgments and seeing yourself as someone who deserves to be heard. The Sun is also in this area of your chart until the end of the month, and you have all the support from the universe right now to speak up and speak your truths.
VIRGOVirgoKyra Jay for xoNecole
October is a month of blessings for you, Virgo. This year has been a year of a lot of ups and downs for you, and in the second half of this year, you really get to settle into more stability and positive fruition. You are being guided to use your instincts wisely this month, however, so as to keep blessings rolling. Your ruling planet, Mercury, will be in your 2nd house of income for most of the month, as well as the Sun, and financially, this is a really good month for you.
On October 8th, Venus moves into your sign, and you are receiving and feeling the love right now. Venus will be in your sign until November 8th, and over the next month, this is a good time for your relationships and business, receiving positive feedback, and putting yourself out there. On October 28th, there is a Full Moon Lunar Eclipse happening in your 9th house of adventure, and you could be seeing some travel or education plans coming to fruition now. You are really ready to enjoy how far you have come this month.
LIBRALibraKyra Jay for xoNecole
This month is all about creating your dreams, Libra. This is an exciting month for you and one where you are healing your inner child, gaining a new perspective, and manifesting your life. Libra Season is fully underway, and this is an impactful Libra Season for you, as there is a New Moon Solar Eclipse happening in your sign on the 14th. This Solar Eclipse is your time to shine, to bring your dreams to the forefront, and to let go of the past that doesn’t resonate with you anymore. It’s all about the vision this month; focus on the best one for yourself.
With the Sun and Mercury in your 1st house of self for most of the month and Venus in your 12th house of closures, you are finding your balance between the new and the old. You know there is a lot to release emotionally in your life still, but you are also giving yourself the space and freedom to soak in the good that has already arrived and making you happy right now. On October 23rd, Libra Season ends, and you are ready to focus more on your plans for the future.
SCORPIOScorpioKyra Jay for xoNecole
October is a month of rebirth for you, Scorpio. This is one of the most powerful months for you and one where you are starting fresh in many ways. Mercury is in your house of endings for most of the month, and your mind is focused on your spirituality, finding solutions, and letting go of perspectives and habits that don’t serve you or your health. Through the transformations that are occurring right now, new life is coming to fruition.
Mars and Mercury both enter your sign before Scorpio Season begins on the 23rd, and by the end of October, the energy moves from release to receive. You have more energy at your disposal when Mars is in your sign, and you are moving through a time of passion, action, and making things happen for yourself. This Scorpio Season for you is one where you are creating a new life for yourself and following the dreams you left to the wayside.
SAGITTARIUSSagittariusKyra Jay for xoNecole
Sagittarius, October is all about the heart and about showing up. This month for you is a time of support, friendship, and community, and a time where you are really discovering who your people are. You are awakening to what your inner child needs to heal and are seeking forgiveness this month. This is a time for you to move toward a new path in your life, one that feels more fulfilling for you and your well-being.
Venus is in Virgo and in your 10th house of career this month, and you are seeing some positive changes within your professional world. You are being received especially favorably right now, and this is a good month to ask for a promotion, network, or redefine your career goals. On October 14th, there is a New Moon Solar Eclipse happening in your 11th house, and your hopes and dreams are coming true for you. The clarity you gain this month is life-changing.
CAPRICORNCapricornKyra Jay for xoNecole
This month is all about patience, finding your peace, and exploring the world, Capricorn. You are focusing a lot on your belief systems, your intentions, and what goals you have set for yourself and your life. Venus is in your 9th house of adventure for most of the month, and you are really thinking about the big picture right now. You are doing more things differently this time of the year, thinking outside of the box and allowing your intentions to come to fruition.
On October 10th, Pluto goes direct in your sign. Pluto retrograde entered your sign in June, and you finally get to settle into the transformations that have been occurring since then. You’ve had a lot of moments of self-clarity and change, but now you are ready to live in this space and experience fewer changes to your environment. On October 28th, there is a Full Moon Eclipse happening, and this Lunar Eclipse is a time of love coming full circle for you. Relationships are developing at the end of October, and you are letting go of the past in love.
AQUARIUSAquariusKyra Jay for xoNecole
October is all about allowing life to unfold effortlessly, Aquarius. The path of least resistance is the most rewarding one, and this month, you are tapping into your inner faith. You have truly been trusting the process, and with the Sun in your 9th house for most of the month, the divine guidance is there for you right now. This month is about trusting that things are coming together for you and enjoying your life how you can right now.
On October 14th, there is a New Moon Solar Eclipse happening, and this eclipse is helping you build new foundations in your life. You have goals you want to set, places you want to see, and people you want to meet, and this eclipse is highlighting all of that for you. The second eclipse of the month is happening on the 28th, and this Lunar Eclipse is about letting things settle in, finding your ground, and nourishing your inner world. You are going within a lot this month, and through the new insight you have found, you are ready to make some concrete decisions that have been needed.
PISCESPiscesKyra Jay for xoNecole
October is a time of compassion, nurture, and love, Pisces. You are putting the love into your life and feeling this energy come back to you as well. Venus is in Virgo, your opposite sign, for most of the month, and this is good energy when it comes to your relationships and your love life. Your focus is on the people in your life and where you want things to grow in love, and you are putting in the effort to make your dreams come true for you here.
With the Sun also in your 8th house of commitments for most of the month, another love area of your chart, you can expect this to be a more emotional month for you. You are getting vulnerable, expressing where you stand, and creating a new slate for yourself in love. On October 28th, there is a Full Moon Eclipse happening in your 3rd house of communication, and the messages and insights you have been looking for are coming in.
The end of the month is a busier time for you, and you will be suddenly seeing everything you want to do and plan right now.
Let’s make things inbox official! Sign up for the xoNecole newsletter for daily love, wellness, career, and exclusive content delivered straight to your inbox.
Featured image by Kyra Jay for xoNecole