A Taurus and a Scorpio are meant for each other. These are two people who find a lot of support, companionship, and loyalty within a relationship together, and they have a lot in common when it comes to love. Taurus and Scorpio are like two peas in a pod. They communicate effectively with one another and value each other’s perspectives without pushing too hard. This is a match that is one of the best for both of these signs.
Diving further into the compatibility between these two, Taurus and Scorpio are sister signs, meaning they are opposite on the Zodiac Wheel. This type of synergy between signs is either a recipe for disaster or success. Being with someone opposite to yourself is good when it comes to two becoming one and feeling a sense of wholeness within a relationship. However, some people find that differences are too wide within this type of relationship, and the energy is too chaotic for them. This is the dilemma the Taurus and Scorpio in a romantic relationship brings, and some are short flings, while others are end-game.
What attracts a Taurus and a Scorpio to each other?
Taurus and Scorpio come together like two missing pieces of the puzzle. They complement each other well and have a special type of relationship. Taurus finds Scorpio’s mysterious nature intriguing, and Scorpio feels safe in the presence of Taurus. The Scorpio is often the initiator in this type of connection, and the Taurus loves to be wooed. Taurus is very compassionate, and this is the type of energy Scorpio looks for in a partner. Scorpio is very dedicated, and this is what Taurus values in all of their relationships. They both want someone who is all in, and they find that in one another.
What is the relationship like between a Taurus and a Scorpio?
The relationship between a Taurus and a Scorpio is unwavering loyalty, friendship, and love. Once they commit to each other, these are the type of people to stay together through it all. These are people who grow together and who form a strong bond together. They are very supportive of one another, and this type of support is what is the basis of a relationship between a Taurus and a Scorpio.
They are both fixed signs, and when it comes to love and fixed signs, they don’t give up on their relationships easily and are fiercely loyal to their partners. The two together have the potential to build a beautiful life together, with Taurus providing stability, and Scorpio, passion. These two are the type of people who can spend a lot of time together without getting annoyed or tired of one another.
What is the sex like between a Taurus and a Scorpio?
The sexual chemistry between a Taurus and a Scorpio man is one of the best for both of them. Both are aligned with sex in Astrology as Taurus is ruled by Venus, and Scorpio, Mars, two planets that have to do with sensuality, romance, love, passion, and sex. This is one of the best matches in Astrology when it comes to sexual compatibility, and these two as a couple should have no problem in this department.
Being that Taurus is ruled by feminine Venus and Scorpio, masculine Mars, these two are like the divine feminine and masculine coming together and creating magic. The sexual aspect of any relationship is very important to them both, so having a partner who feels the same way about these things and is on the same level as them is beneficial for them both and helps them feel safe to connect. Physical affection is this couple’s love language.
What makes a relationship between a Taurus and a Scorpio work?
What makes the relationship between the Taurus and Scorpio work is their underlying respect and understanding of one another. These two want similar things in a relationship, and they are both people who love hard. The connection between these two can go through some ups and downs, but their love and admiration for each other rarely go dry. This is a couple you are more likely to see together rather than apart, and you tend to see more Taurus/Scorpio duos than almost any other duo in Astrology. These are two people who complement each other well and have all the tools to make things work.
What may cause a Taurus and a Scorpio to break up?
Issues may arise with this partnership when it comes to each other's daily energy and motivations. Scorpio is an intense water sign and earth sign Taurus doesn't like to be rushed or controlled in any way. These two can have a hard time finding the balance between each other and must understand that what may be good for one of them may not be good for the other. Taurus is an earth sign and is all about logic. Scorpio is a water sign and is all about emotion. It can be hard to get on the same page if they aren't both willing. Also, when the two of these signs are upset about something, things can get intense.
These aren't two people that are quick to compromise and find a middle ground, which is sometimes needed in a relationship, and their arguments can last longer than most. Owning their part in any disagreements or arguments is necessary and will help keep them thinking objectively and not in attack mode with each other. Co-dependency may also be a challenge in a relationship between a Taurus and Scorpio, as they both tend to put their all into a relationship and lose a sense of self in the process.
Taurus and Scorpios compatibility is one for the books. This is one of the best duos in Astrology, and the relationship between the two is dedicated, passionate, and committed love. These aren’t the type of people to give up on love or their person easily, and this sense of commitment to one another is inspiring. They are willing to work through things together, and if they are both in a healthy space in life, this could be a relationship that is forever.
Let’s make things inbox official! Sign up for the xoNecole newsletter for daily love, wellness, career, and exclusive content delivered straight to your inbox.
Featured image by LWA/Dann Tardif/Getty Images
- How A Taurus Pairs With Each Zodiac Sign In Matters Of The Heart ›
- Watch This Taurus & Capricorn Love Match Put Their Relationship To The Compatibility Test ›
- Here's What Astrology Can Reveal About Your Relationship With Your Mother ›
- Sister Signs In Astrology: How Opposites Attract & Act As A Mirror To Your Soul ›
- This Is How Each Zodiac Sign Pairs With Scorpio In Matters Of The Heart ›
Tayler Barakat is a Mystic who has studied Astrology for over a decade. She does intuitive astrology and tarot readings for people all over the world, and her work focuses on healing and empowering individuals. Follow her on Instagram @taylerbarakat_ and check out her website www.listentothevirgo.com.
This article is in partnership with Sensodyne.
Our teeth are connected to so many things - our nutrition, our confidence, and our overall mood. We often take for granted how important healthy teeth are, until issues like tooth sensitivity or gum recession come to remind us. Like most things related to our bodies, prevention is the best medicine. Here are five things you can do immediately to improve your oral hygiene, prevent tooth sensitivity, and avoid dental issues down the road.
1) Go Easy On the Rough Brushing: Brushing your teeth is and always will be priority number one in the oral hygiene department. No surprises there! However, there is such a thing as applying too much pressure when brushing…and that can lead to problems over time. Use a toothbrush with soft bristles and brush in smooth, circular motions. It may seem counterintuitive, but a gentle approach to brushing is the most effective way to clean those pearly whites without wearing away enamel and exposing sensitive areas of the teeth.
2) Use A Desensitizing Toothpaste: As everyone knows, mouth pain can be highly uncomfortable; but tooth sensitivity is a whole different beast. Hot weather favorites like ice cream and popsicles have the ability to trigger tooth sensitivity, which might make you want to stay away from icy foods altogether. But as always, prevention is the best medicine here. Switching to a toothpaste like Sensodyne’s Sensitivity & Gum toothpaste specifically designed for sensitive teeth will help build a protective layer over sensitive areas of the tooth. Over time, those sharp sensations that occur with extremely cold foods will subside, and you’ll be back to treating yourself to your icy faves like this one!
3) Floss, Rinse, Brush. (And In That Order!): Have you ever heard the saying, “It’s not what you do, but how you do it”? Well, the same thing applies to taking care of your teeth. Even if you are flossing and brushing religiously, you could be missing out on some of the benefits simply because you aren’t doing so in the right order. Flossing is best to do before brushing because it removes food particles and plaque from places your toothbrush can’t reach. After a proper flossing sesh, it is important to rinse out your mouth with water after. Finally, you can whip out your toothbrush and get to brushing. Though many of us commonly rinse with water after brushing to remove excess toothpaste, it may not be the best thing for our teeth. That’s because fluoride, the active ingredient in toothpaste that protects your enamel, works best when it gets to sit on the teeth and continue working its magic. Rinsing with water after brushing doesn’t let the toothpaste go to work like it really can. Changing up your order may take some getting used to, but over time, you’ll see the difference.
4) Stay Hydrated: Upping your water supply is a no-fail way to level up your health overall, and your teeth are no exception to this rule. Drinking water not only helps maintain a healthy pH balance in your mouth, but it also washes away residue and acids that can cause enamel erosion. It also helps you steer clear of dry mouth, which is a gateway to bad breath. And who needs that?
5) Show Your Gums Some Love: When it comes to improving your smile, you may be laser-focused on getting your teeth whiter, straighter, and overall healthier. Rightfully so, as these are all attributes of a megawatt smile; but you certainly don’t want to leave gum health out of the equation. If you neglect your gums, you’ll start to notice the effects of plaque buildup, which can irritate the gums and cause gingivitis, the earliest stage of gum disease. Seeing blood while brushing and flossing is a tell-tale sign that your gums are suffering. You may also experience gum recession — a condition where the gum tissue surrounding your teeth pulls back, exposing more of your tooth. Brushing at least twice a day with a gum-protecting toothpaste like Sensodyne Sensitivity and Gum, coupled with regular dentist visits, will keep your gums shining as bright as those pearly whites.
The first big leap was moving to a new city and getting settled into my new home. The next big leap? Was finding community and belonging. Moving to a new city excited me! I looked forward to having my own apartment, decorating it, and exploring what the city had to offer. I also found excitement in the thought of meeting new people and expanding my connections. When it actually came down to it, I felt nervous. I heard that making new friends as an adult can be hard because we all have different responsibilities and schedules that may not align. I knew in order for me to really feel at home in my new city, I had to create community.
Having a community of people who I can share memories with, lean on in times of need, and inspire each other is something I always valued. I took a moment to truly center in on what I desired from the new friends I would make. Then I realized it all would have to start with me. I had to be centered and confident in who I was to attract who I desired to be aligned with. As someone who moved to a new city and established quality friendships, I gathered these six tips that helped me feel grounded and create community in hopes that it will help you, too.
6 tips to start building community and making new friends in a new city:
Sean Anthony Eddy/ Getty Images
Be true to yourself
Do you know who you are? If someone asked you to describe yourself in three words, what words would you use? In order to develop deep friendships, you must be a friend to yourself first. Know what refuels you and what zaps your energy. Self-study your habits and why you do the things you do. All this will be important to keep in mind when looking to create bonds with others. Every day there’s all kinds of people telling you who you should be, how you should act, or what you should wear. At the end of the day, the only opinion about yourself that truly matters is your own. Spend some alone time with yourself indoors or out at an event you like to truly discover who you are in this season of your life.
Pray about it
Before you step out into the world and cross paths with all kinds of people, it’s important to pray about building your community. God outlines what true friendship looks like in numerous Bible verses such as "Iron sharpens iron." - Proverbs 27:17 and “Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed.” - Ecclesiastes 4:9-12. If you desire friendships that last, pray about what you seek in friendship. I remember praying for mentally stable, happy, and whole women who moved through life with abundance mindsets. Take a moment to journal about the community you want to build and then pray on it.
Go to fun events to meet people who share your interests
Most metropolitan cities like Washington, D.C., New York City, and Atlanta are known to have strong young professional communities and events where you can connect with others. I highly encourage you to attend events in or near your community to see what the city is like and meet people. It’s likely that the people at the event have the same interests as you, which is a great way to start a conversation. You can start by searching for events on Eventbrite or following Instagram pages that highlight events happening in your city.
Carlos Barquero/ Getty Images
Accept that you won’t be compatible with everyone you meet
While living in your new city, it’s likely you’ll meet a variety of people. Please know that everyone you meet will not bud into lasting friendships, and that’s okay! You are uniquely created and not made for everyone. Then you’ll meet people who are good for only surface-level connections, and then you’ll have your girls who you can get deep with. I think sometimes people can look down on surface-level friendships, but not everyone needs to fully know you. That’s a privilege to have and to accept within yourself. Continue to check in with yourself and be real about who you crave to spend more time with and who is nice to see for a monthly or quarterly catch-up.
Join Facebook groups & GroupMe chats
If you haven’t used Facebook in a couple of years, it’s time to dust your profile off. Facebook Groups is a great place to join online communities for people who just moved to a new city like you. Typically, you have to agree to the group’s guidelines, and then you can join. For example, you can search for groups in the Facebook app by using keywords like women, Black girl, or [the name of your city] foodies. With the GroupMe app, you’ll have to be invited to join an already existing group. While you’re out and about networking, don’t hesitate to ask if they’re in any online groups/communities they recommend you join too.
Be friendly to folks in your neighborhood
When I first moved to my new apartment, I spent the first week walking around the complex and working in the community spaces to get a better feel of it. I was able to meet people in my neighborhood, enjoy small talk, and learn more about what the community has to offer. Step outside of your comfort zone and work in your apartment’s community space or a local coffee shop to connect with others.
Overall, you may feel alone in your new city, but I guarantee you’re not. There are other people experiencing living in a new city too, and all you need to do is find each other. I hope these tips help ease the nervous feelings you have about building a new community and inspire you to make a new friend today!
Let’s make things inbox official! Sign up for the xoNecole newsletter for daily love, wellness, career, and exclusive content delivered straight to your inbox.
Feature image by Nappy/ Pexels