A Taurus and a Scorpio are meant for each other. These are two people who find a lot of support, companionship, and loyalty within a relationship together, and they have a lot in common when it comes to love. Taurus and Scorpio are like two peas in a pod. They communicate effectively with one another and value each other’s perspectives without pushing too hard. This is a match that is one of the best for both of these signs.
Diving further into the compatibility between these two, Taurus and Scorpio are sister signs, meaning they are opposite on the Zodiac Wheel. This type of synergy between signs is either a recipe for disaster or success. Being with someone opposite to yourself is good when it comes to two becoming one and feeling a sense of wholeness within a relationship. However, some people find that differences are too wide within this type of relationship, and the energy is too chaotic for them. This is the dilemma the Taurus and Scorpio in a romantic relationship brings, and some are short flings, while others are end-game.
What attracts a Taurus and a Scorpio to each other?
Taurus and Scorpio come together like two missing pieces of the puzzle. They complement each other well and have a special type of relationship. Taurus finds Scorpio’s mysterious nature intriguing, and Scorpio feels safe in the presence of Taurus. The Scorpio is often the initiator in this type of connection, and the Taurus loves to be wooed. Taurus is very compassionate, and this is the type of energy Scorpio looks for in a partner. Scorpio is very dedicated, and this is what Taurus values in all of their relationships. They both want someone who is all in, and they find that in one another.
What is the relationship like between a Taurus and a Scorpio?
The relationship between a Taurus and a Scorpio is unwavering loyalty, friendship, and love. Once they commit to each other, these are the type of people to stay together through it all. These are people who grow together and who form a strong bond together. They are very supportive of one another, and this type of support is what is the basis of a relationship between a Taurus and a Scorpio.
They are both fixed signs, and when it comes to love and fixed signs, they don’t give up on their relationships easily and are fiercely loyal to their partners. The two together have the potential to build a beautiful life together, with Taurus providing stability, and Scorpio, passion. These two are the type of people who can spend a lot of time together without getting annoyed or tired of one another.
What is the sex like between a Taurus and a Scorpio?
The sexual chemistry between a Taurus and a Scorpio man is one of the best for both of them. Both are aligned with sex in Astrology as Taurus is ruled by Venus, and Scorpio, Mars, two planets that have to do with sensuality, romance, love, passion, and sex. This is one of the best matches in Astrology when it comes to sexual compatibility, and these two as a couple should have no problem in this department.
Being that Taurus is ruled by feminine Venus and Scorpio, masculine Mars, these two are like the divine feminine and masculine coming together and creating magic. The sexual aspect of any relationship is very important to them both, so having a partner who feels the same way about these things and is on the same level as them is beneficial for them both and helps them feel safe to connect. Physical affection is this couple’s love language.
What makes a relationship between a Taurus and a Scorpio work?
What makes the relationship between the Taurus and Scorpio work is their underlying respect and understanding of one another. These two want similar things in a relationship, and they are both people who love hard. The connection between these two can go through some ups and downs, but their love and admiration for each other rarely go dry. This is a couple you are more likely to see together rather than apart, and you tend to see more Taurus/Scorpio duos than almost any other duo in Astrology. These are two people who complement each other well and have all the tools to make things work.
What may cause a Taurus and a Scorpio to break up?
Issues may arise with this partnership when it comes to each other's daily energy and motivations. Scorpio is an intense water sign and earth sign Taurus doesn't like to be rushed or controlled in any way. These two can have a hard time finding the balance between each other and must understand that what may be good for one of them may not be good for the other. Taurus is an earth sign and is all about logic. Scorpio is a water sign and is all about emotion. It can be hard to get on the same page if they aren't both willing. Also, when the two of these signs are upset about something, things can get intense.
These aren't two people that are quick to compromise and find a middle ground, which is sometimes needed in a relationship, and their arguments can last longer than most. Owning their part in any disagreements or arguments is necessary and will help keep them thinking objectively and not in attack mode with each other. Co-dependency may also be a challenge in a relationship between a Taurus and Scorpio, as they both tend to put their all into a relationship and lose a sense of self in the process.
Taurus and Scorpios compatibility is one for the books. This is one of the best duos in Astrology, and the relationship between the two is dedicated, passionate, and committed love. These aren’t the type of people to give up on love or their person easily, and this sense of commitment to one another is inspiring. They are willing to work through things together, and if they are both in a healthy space in life, this could be a relationship that is forever.
Let’s make things inbox official! Sign up for the xoNecole newsletter for daily love, wellness, career, and exclusive content delivered straight to your inbox.
Featured image by LWA/Dann Tardif/Getty Images
- How A Taurus Pairs With Each Zodiac Sign In Matters Of The Heart ›
- Watch This Taurus & Capricorn Love Match Put Their Relationship To The Compatibility Test ›
- Here's What Astrology Can Reveal About Your Relationship With Your Mother ›
- Sister Signs In Astrology: How Opposites Attract & Act As A Mirror To Your Soul ›
- This Is How Each Zodiac Sign Pairs With Scorpio In Matters Of The Heart ›
Tayler Barakat is a Mystic who has studied Astrology for over a decade. She does intuitive astrology and tarot readings for people all over the world, and her work focuses on healing and empowering individuals. Follow her on Instagram @taylerbarakat_ and check out her website www.listentothevirgo.com.
This article is in partnership with Sensodyne.
Our teeth are connected to so many things - our nutrition, our confidence, and our overall mood. We often take for granted how important healthy teeth are, until issues like tooth sensitivity or gum recession come to remind us. Like most things related to our bodies, prevention is the best medicine. Here are five things you can do immediately to improve your oral hygiene, prevent tooth sensitivity, and avoid dental issues down the road.
1) Go Easy On the Rough Brushing: Brushing your teeth is and always will be priority number one in the oral hygiene department. No surprises there! However, there is such a thing as applying too much pressure when brushing…and that can lead to problems over time. Use a toothbrush with soft bristles and brush in smooth, circular motions. It may seem counterintuitive, but a gentle approach to brushing is the most effective way to clean those pearly whites without wearing away enamel and exposing sensitive areas of the teeth.
2) Use A Desensitizing Toothpaste: As everyone knows, mouth pain can be highly uncomfortable; but tooth sensitivity is a whole different beast. Hot weather favorites like ice cream and popsicles have the ability to trigger tooth sensitivity, which might make you want to stay away from icy foods altogether. But as always, prevention is the best medicine here. Switching to a toothpaste like Sensodyne’s Sensitivity & Gum toothpaste specifically designed for sensitive teeth will help build a protective layer over sensitive areas of the tooth. Over time, those sharp sensations that occur with extremely cold foods will subside, and you’ll be back to treating yourself to your icy faves like this one!
3) Floss, Rinse, Brush. (And In That Order!): Have you ever heard the saying, “It’s not what you do, but how you do it”? Well, the same thing applies to taking care of your teeth. Even if you are flossing and brushing religiously, you could be missing out on some of the benefits simply because you aren’t doing so in the right order. Flossing is best to do before brushing because it removes food particles and plaque from places your toothbrush can’t reach. After a proper flossing sesh, it is important to rinse out your mouth with water after. Finally, you can whip out your toothbrush and get to brushing. Though many of us commonly rinse with water after brushing to remove excess toothpaste, it may not be the best thing for our teeth. That’s because fluoride, the active ingredient in toothpaste that protects your enamel, works best when it gets to sit on the teeth and continue working its magic. Rinsing with water after brushing doesn’t let the toothpaste go to work like it really can. Changing up your order may take some getting used to, but over time, you’ll see the difference.
4) Stay Hydrated: Upping your water supply is a no-fail way to level up your health overall, and your teeth are no exception to this rule. Drinking water not only helps maintain a healthy pH balance in your mouth, but it also washes away residue and acids that can cause enamel erosion. It also helps you steer clear of dry mouth, which is a gateway to bad breath. And who needs that?
5) Show Your Gums Some Love: When it comes to improving your smile, you may be laser-focused on getting your teeth whiter, straighter, and overall healthier. Rightfully so, as these are all attributes of a megawatt smile; but you certainly don’t want to leave gum health out of the equation. If you neglect your gums, you’ll start to notice the effects of plaque buildup, which can irritate the gums and cause gingivitis, the earliest stage of gum disease. Seeing blood while brushing and flossing is a tell-tale sign that your gums are suffering. You may also experience gum recession — a condition where the gum tissue surrounding your teeth pulls back, exposing more of your tooth. Brushing at least twice a day with a gum-protecting toothpaste like Sensodyne Sensitivity and Gum, coupled with regular dentist visits, will keep your gums shining as bright as those pearly whites.
2023 has become the year of celebrity breakups with headlines breaking left and right about celebs filing for divorce or ending high-profile relationships. The latest couple to announce their dissolution? British actress Jodie Turner-Smith. TMZ reported that Jodie has filed for a divorce from her husband, Dawson Creek alum Joshua Jackson.
As far as her reason for calling it quits, Jodie cited "irreconcilable differences," according to TMZ, and has requested joint custody of the couple's daughter, Juno Rose Diana Jackson. Late last year there were rumblings of there being "trouble in paradise" for the couple after the media realized they were no longer following each other on Instagram.
Those rumors were more than laid to rest when Jodie and Joshua went to the 2023 Oscars together earlier this year, and even more recently, when they celebrated her birthday together last month during the September unveiling of the Lotus Emeya.
Jodie Turner-Smith celebrates her birthday with husband Joshua Jackson at the unveiling of the new fully-electric Lotus Emeya on September 07, 2023 in New York City.
Brian Ach/Getty Images for Lotus
Despite seeming particularly happy and in love, perhaps the writing was already written on the wall even then. In the past, Jodie has been very celebratory publicly about her love for her estranged husband, even boldly recounting their love story for the books in a 2021 interview with Seth Meyers.
When Jodie and Joshua met, it was while at his birthday party in 2018. Their relationship was hot and heavy from the start, with Jodie openly noting that they began as a "one-night stand." During her 2021 interview with Seth Meyers, she jokingly referred to their love story as a "three-year one-night stand." She shared:
"First of all, I saw him before he saw me and when I saw him, I was like, 'I want that.' And then when he saw me, I just pretended like I didn't see him. He had to yell across the room to me, and I was wearing this T-shirt from a movie called Sorry to Bother You and [actress] Tessa Thompson plays a character called Detroit, and she has this T-shirt that says, 'The Future Is Female Ejaculation.'
"And so, he shouts across the room, 'Detroit!' He comes over and… does this really cute, charming thing that he does and just all night -- he just basically followed me around the party."
The couple were together from that moment forth, and even made things "Instagram official" less than two weeks later while on a dinner date. Joshua would later clarify to Insider that the night they met in 2018 was not a 'one-night stand' or a 'three-year one-night stand' like his then-wife joked but instead, it was "technically a three-night stand."
"It was sealed with a kiss that night and then we didn't leave each other's sides for, well, three years now," Joshua continued at the time.
In a July 2021 interview with Jimmy Fallon, Joshua dropped more details about the why behind getting married. He revealed that he didn't know he wanted to get married to Jodie until "the moment she asked me."
"She asked me on New Year's Eve. We were in Nicaragua. It was very beautiful, incredibly romantic, we were walking down the beach and she asked me to marry her."
He added, "I did not know [she would propose], but she was quite adamant and she was right. This is the best choice I ever made."
Joshua Jackson Reveals Jodie Turner-Smith Proposed To Him
Jodie received quite a bit of flack for proposing to Joshua because it goes against tradition and what society sees as acceptable for a woman to do to a man, and proposing isn't one of them. No matter how much time has passed, the viewpoints around who should do the proposing and who should be proposed to are still very traditional.
After being on the receiving end of such backlash, Joshua would later clarify to the media in a separate interview that it wasn't just Jodie's proposal to him that sealed the deal of them getting married, he proposed to her too. She might have initiated it, but Joshua followed through.
"I accidentally threw my wife under the bus because that story was told quickly and it didn't give the full context and holy Jesus, the internet is racist and misogynist," he explained to Refinery29 that same year. "We were in Nicaragua on a beautiful moonlit night, it could not possibly have been more romantic."
David M. Benett/Dave Benett/Getty Images
He continued, "And yes, my wife did propose to me and yes, I did say yes, but what I didn't say in that interview was there was a caveat, which is that I'm still old school enough that I said, 'This is a yes, but you have to give me the opportunity [to do it too].'"
"She has a biological father and a stepdad, who's the man who raised her. [I said], 'You have to give me the opportunity to ask both of those men for your hand in marriage.' And then, 'I would like the opportunity to re-propose to you and do it the old-fashioned way down on bended knee.' So, that's actually how the story ended up."
Joshua and Jodie would eventually marry in December 2019. Shortly thereafter, Jodie gave birth to the couple's first child, Janie, in 2020.
In a recent interview with Elle UK, Jodie shared the ways becoming a mother to Juno helped to heal her of her wounds from colorism she experienced in the past. "It's interesting because I had a lot of resistance to becoming a mother and, throughout my life, I always said if I were to have children, I wanted to have Black, Black babies so that I could affirm them as children with the love that I felt I needed to have been affirmed with by the outside world," Jodie shared with the outlet.
She continued, "Then I fell in love with my husband and we talked about having kids. I did have this mini pause, where I was like, 'She's going to be walking through the world not only having an experience that I did not have, but looking like people that, in a way, I'd always felt a little bit tormented by.' Now that I've got this little, tiny, light-skinned boss, I feel like it’s the universe teaching me lessons. I've been given a daughter who looks this way to heal my own conversations around colorism."
Let’s make things inbox official! Sign up for the xoNecole newsletter for daily love, wellness, career, and exclusive content delivered straight to your inbox.
Featured image by Amy Sussman/Getty Images